• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

dustyherb
Member
(02-09-2017, 06:58 PM)
dustyherb's Avatar
Did anyone here enjoy the first half of this season lol? It definitely wasn't my favorite half but I still really liked it. Ya it was extremely slow but I loved seeing the world finally expanding. I feel like they needed to slow down so they could focus on introducing all the new communities and people. If any of these places and characters are around for the long term they needed the focus. I get it doesn't help that 1 community was being shown per episode but I think in the long run it will be worth it. There's now 5 large commmunities and the fight against the saviors is now looking like it's going to be fucking huge.
Bits N Pieces
Member
(02-09-2017, 07:02 PM)
Bits N Pieces's Avatar
I'm in!

Really looking forward to where this series goes.
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(02-09-2017, 07:03 PM)
Grizzlyjin's Avatar

Originally Posted by dustyherb

Did anyone here enjoy the first half of this season lol? It definitely wasn't my favorite half but I still really liked it. Ya it was extremely slow but I loved seeing the world finally expanding. I feel like they needed to slow down so they could focus on introducing all the new communities and people. If any of these places and characters are around for the long term they needed the focus. I get it doesn't help that 1 community was being shown per episode but I think in the long run it will be worth it. There's now 5 large commmunities and the fight against the saviors is now looking like it's going to be fucking huge.

I'd probably say that the first half of Season 6 was more enjoyable for me. But just looking at Season 7 Part 1 on its own? Yeah, I liked it enough to be coming back for more. The only episode I outright didn't care for was the one with Tara. And even that introduced a new community and gave her some much needed character development. Not my cup of tea but at least it accomplished something.

My real gripe with this season has been the episode lengths. All of the extended episodes have just felt unnecessarily long with scenes that drag on or repeat themselves.
Mediking
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:02 PM)
Mediking's Avatar
How does a Walker like this... even exist? Some dude dressed up as a knight.... got killed.... and this is the result???

Code:

Idle Storm
Junior Member
(02-09-2017, 08:09 PM)
Idle Storm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mediking

How does a Walker like this... even exist? Some dude dressed up as a knight.... got killed.... and this is the result???

Code:

I think it's a safe assumption that people made the walker like that to make it hard to kill, maybe as a form of defense in front of their base.
Blatz
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:10 PM)
Blatz's Avatar

Originally Posted by UberTag

Let's revisit how our Alexandria homeys are doing as we approach the 2-year anniversary of Rick's crew moving in and taking over... as since the last time I did this tally, Olivia got shot in the face, Spencer got disemboweled and Heath went missing so he could kill terrorists on 24.


We're down to the Final 12. Who will wind up as the last survivor? My money's on Bob. Oh yes... that old dude is also called Bob. Walking Dead can't ever have enough Bobs.

Did I miss something? Heath is still alive, right? As far as we know.
dustyherb
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:11 PM)
dustyherb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mediking

How does a Walker like this... even exist? Some dude dressed up as a knight.... got killed.... and this is the result???

Code:

Lol. Most likely someone just put all the stuff on the walker.
LycanXIII
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:21 PM)
LycanXIII's Avatar

Originally Posted by UberTag

Let's revisit how our Alexandria homeys are doing as we approach the 2-year anniversary of Rick's crew moving in and taking over... as since the last time I did this tally, Olivia got shot in the face, Spencer got disemboweled and Heath went missing so he could kill terrorists on 24.


We're down to the Final 12. Who will wind up as the last survivor? My money's on Bob. Oh yes... that old dude is also called Bob. Walking Dead can't ever have enough Bobs.

Eric's still alive? They spent the past season and a half building relationships between the characters and I don't remember a single thing between Aaron and Eric.
Blatz
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:27 PM)
Blatz's Avatar

Originally Posted by LycanXIII

Eric's still alive? They spent the past season and a half building relationships between the characters and I don't remember a single thing between Aaron and Eric.

Yeah, he was in that scene where Aaron got the crap beat out of him.
Surfinn
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:28 PM)
Surfinn's Avatar
I hope Aaron and Heath are in it more. They're both awesome. Although the dude who plays Heath is on another show now so..
Jaraghan
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:29 PM)
Fucking in for this. I used to watch Walking Dead regularly until the end of season 3. I started from the beginning last month and I am totally hooked. Negan is fantastic, Rick with his revolver back is going to kick ass (although he'll never be as badass as season 5 Rick), and hopefully Carol goes back into beast mode again.
tootie923
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:30 PM)
tootie923's Avatar
Damn, those Abe gifs sting. Too soon!

Will Eric ever get any characterization, or is he going to continue as the Background Gay until his inevitable death? I thought maybe Tobin was going to get a decent storyline with Carol, but that went out the window.
Lashley
Banned
(02-09-2017, 08:33 PM)
First half was dull as shit. Suppose I'll continue to hatewatch
dustyherb
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:43 PM)
dustyherb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blatz

Did I miss something? Heath is still alive, right? As far as we know.

Ya as far as we know. I wonder where he fucking went tho or if he was taken maybe.

Originally Posted by LycanXIII

Eric's still alive? They spent the past season and a half building relationships between the characters and I don't remember a single thing between Aaron and Eric.

Lol ya surprisingly. He had a line in episode 4 while all the Alexandrians were gathered in the church. He asked Rick what they were going to do about Negan or whatever. He also was holding up Aaron when Negan gutted Spencer. Idk why the don't focus on him at least a little fucking more. At least focus on his relationship with Aaron.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(02-09-2017, 08:56 PM)
ZeoVGM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Surfinn

I hope Aaron and Heath are in it more. They're both awesome. Although the dude who plays Heath is on another show now so..

I believe Heath is gone until next season and that his disappearing was to give him time to shoot 24.
Surfinn
Member
(02-09-2017, 09:25 PM)
Surfinn's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM

I believe Heath is gone until next season and that his disappearing was to give him time to shoot 24.

Goddammit
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(02-09-2017, 11:13 PM)
RatskyWatsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by sinkfla87

I really don't understand how this is a hatewatch show to some. I mean, I understand it being an obligatorybecauseivebeenwatchingsinceday1watch but hatewatch? When WD is bad, it's just slow and boring and not particularly funny in a bad way. Not like some other shows on TV. (Cough the following cough)

It's a very odd show to hatewatch, that's for sure. There are far more entertaining shows out there to hatewatch if you're the hatewatching type.
-Pyromaniac-
(02-09-2017, 11:14 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
I enjoywatch this show. I watch it and enjoy it and continue to watch it woo woo.
dark-knight
Junior Member
(02-09-2017, 11:38 PM)
dark-knight's Avatar
Hey hey...hey... It's Maggie Rhee

I agree about extended episodes being drawn out for the sake of air time; I'm still excited for part 2 though. I wonder what Negan will do when pushed hard enough.
MulderYuffie
Member
(02-10-2017, 01:25 AM)
MulderYuffie's Avatar

Originally Posted by dustyherb

Did anyone here enjoy the first half of this season lol? It definitely wasn't my favorite half but I still really liked it. Ya it was extremely slow but I loved seeing the world finally expanding. I feel like they needed to slow down so they could focus on introducing all the new communities and people. If any of these places and characters are around for the long term they needed the focus. I get it doesn't help that 1 community was being shown per episode but I think in the long run it will be worth it. There's now 5 large commmunities and the fight against the saviors is now looking like it's going to be fucking huge.

Season 7A was better than Season 6 as a whole IMO.
Grisby
Member
(02-10-2017, 03:15 AM)
Grisby's Avatar
Oh man, did not realize this was coming back so soon. Looks like my Sunday got a bit better.

Originally Posted by Mediking

How does a Walker like this... even exist? Some dude dressed up as a knight.... got killed.... and this is the result???

Code:

Extra from Dark Souls 4 right there.
Disagree Guy
Member
(02-10-2017, 10:41 AM)
Disagree Guy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mediking

How does a Walker like this... even exist? Some dude dressed up as a knight.... got killed.... and this is the result???

Code:

Cactus Zombie

It's now a thing.
EASTC0AST_GH05T
Member
(02-10-2017, 10:49 AM)
EASTC0AST_GH05T's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Artisan

stay the fuck alive eugene

Lol Eugene is the biggest wuss ever but I hope he stays alive too.
kurahador
Banned
(02-10-2017, 11:49 AM)
I swear if this 2nd half doesn't resolve Negan and Saviours thing, I'm done with this show.
UberTag
Member
(02-10-2017, 11:59 AM)
UberTag's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurahador

I swear if this 2nd half doesn't resolve Negan and Saviours thing, I'm done with this show.

With expectations like that, there's no way you're going to wind up disappointed.
Solo
he got what he thought he wanted, but lost that which was most important
(02-10-2017, 01:16 PM)
Solo's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurahador

I swear if this 2nd half doesn't resolve Negan and Saviours thing, I'm done with this show.

Dude you aren't getting that until Season fucking 12.
The Artisan
Member
(02-10-2017, 02:13 PM)
The Artisan's Avatar

Originally Posted by EASTC0AST_GH05T

Lol Eugene is the biggest wuss ever but I hope he stays alive too.

he is a wuss and he's done some fucked up shit too but his knowledge could make him valuable in the future. he made that bullet that Rosita tried to kill Negan with. If this savior bullshit is finally overturned and they get that gunshop working again, it'll be a lot easier to kill zombies.
RangerX
Member
(02-10-2017, 02:20 PM)
RangerX's Avatar

Originally Posted by sinkfla87

I really don't understand how this is a hatewatch show to some. I mean, I understand it being an obligatorybecauseivebeenwatchingsinceday1watch but hatewatch? When WD is bad, it's just slow and boring and not particularly funny in a bad way. Not like some other shows on TV. (Cough the following cough)

Nah the writing in this show can border on complete dogshit at times, on a par with the worst shows. For example the hospital storyline or Glenns fake out death. I watch because there is a paucity of zombie media on telly.
Last edited by RangerX; 02-10-2017 at 03:52 PM.
dustyherb
Member
(02-10-2017, 03:46 PM)
dustyherb's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurahador

I swear if this 2nd half doesn't resolve Negan and Saviours thing, I'm done with this show.

Ya well looks like your going to be done most likely. The Governor took a season and a half, I don't see why Negan would be defeated even quicker. I'm guessing it won't be finished till the end 8, possibly the first half of 8 but I doubt that as well.
Disagree Guy
Member
(02-10-2017, 03:58 PM)
Disagree Guy's Avatar

Originally Posted by dustyherb

Ya well looks like your going to be done most likely. The Governor took a season and a half, I don't see why Negan would be defeated even quicker. I'm guessing it won't be finished till the end 8, possibly the first half of 8 but I doubt that as well.

Comic spoiler ahead


iirc the goodies push back Negan's crew with the help of Dwight until he's practically sieged inside his compound for quite a while right?

If that ^ plays out then I can see Negan getting at least Usurped at the end of Season 7 but the whole Rick keeps Negan in prison bit, if they decide to do that, will carry on into next season and beyond
dustyherb
Member
(02-10-2017, 04:07 PM)
dustyherb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Disagree Guy

Comic spoiler ahead


iirc the goodies push back Negan's crew with the help of Dwight until he's practically sieged inside his compound for quite a while right?

If that ^ plays out then I can see Negan getting at least Usurped at the end of Season 7 but the whole Rick keeps Negan in prison bit, if they decide to do that, will carry on into next season and beyond

Getting a little ahead but the show changes a lot around so anything is possible.
Major Comic spoilers Negan doesn't get pushed back and locked inside the Sanctuary until the very first battle of All Out War. Dwight doesn't help a ton here except that Negan asks him to send a team out the back to the outposts for help. Which I don't believe he does.
But before all that Rick still has to recruit an army which hasn't happened. The first fight at Alexandria hasn't happened which results in the second Lucille lineup. We also have non comic stuff to get through like boots person spying on Alexandria.


i don't see the siege on sanctuary happening till episode 1 of season 8. Pretty sure that's going to be the 100th episode as well. So it would be perfect.
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(02-10-2017, 07:48 PM)
RatskyWatsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurahador

I swear if this 2nd half doesn't resolve Negan and Saviours thing, I'm done with this show.

What, specifically, do you want to happen with the Negan/Saviors storyline?
Moofers
Member
(02-10-2017, 08:08 PM)
Moofers's Avatar

Originally Posted by dustyherb

Getting a little ahead but the show changes a lot around so anything is possible.
Major Comic spoilers Negan doesn't get pushed back and locked inside the Sanctuary until the very first battle of All Out War. Dwight doesn't help a ton here except that Negan asks him to send a team out the back to the outposts for help. Which I don't believe he does.
But before all that Rick still has to recruit an army which hasn't happened. The first fight at Alexandria hasn't happened which results in the second Lucille lineup. We also have non comic stuff to get through like boots person spying on Alexandria.


i don't see the siege on sanctuary happening till episode 1 of season 8. Pretty sure that's going to be the 100th episode as well. So it would be perfect.

Question: I saw the issue where it gets revealed that Carl has been talking to Negan in his cell, however I do not remember seeing another Lucille lineup. Who got the bat that time?
Cronen
Member
(02-10-2017, 08:10 PM)
Cronen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moofers

Question: I saw the issue where it gets revealed that Carl has been talking to Negan in his cell, however I do not remember seeing another Lucille lineup. Who got the bat that time?

So I've been reading the comics recently (for the first time), and I believe the lineup in question is just prior to the war, outside of Alexandria. No one gets the bat, but Lucile does gets shot. Although I am currently halfway through the All Out War arc, so I may be wrong here!

Edit: Further clarification and grammar!
Last edited by Cronen; 02-10-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Moofers
Member
(02-10-2017, 08:12 PM)
Moofers's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cronen

so I've been reading the comics recently (for the first time), and I believe the lineup in question is just prior to the war. No one gets the bat, but Lucile gets shot.

Ah, that sounds kind of familiar now. Thanks.
DBT85
Member
(02-10-2017, 08:15 PM)
DBT85's Avatar
Hopefully Rick has found his balls at last and Negan gets his back problems sorted, since he can't seem to stand up straight.
dustyherb
Member
(02-10-2017, 08:16 PM)
dustyherb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moofers

Question: I saw the issue where it gets revealed that Carl has been talking to Negan in his cell, however I do not remember seeing another Lucille lineup. Who got the bat that time?

Comic spoilers No one gets Lucilled actually. Jesus ended up sneaking behind and grabbing Negan. After that the kingdom with Shiva come in and drive back the saviors.
disappeared
Junior Member
(02-10-2017, 08:22 PM)
disappeared's Avatar
I gave up a few episodes in last half of the season. Maybe will tune back in if it picks up. :/
Nameless
(02-11-2017, 08:17 PM)
Nameless's Avatar
Let's do this. It's been far too long since Rick was unleashed.
Krixeus
Member
(02-11-2017, 08:25 PM)
Krixeus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nameless

Let's do this. It's been far too long since Rick was unleashed.

cynostic
Junior Member
(02-11-2017, 11:55 PM)
cynostic's Avatar
Aw yis. Here we go again.

Except, being part of the UK audience means we'll have to wait until Monday evening. Yawn.
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(02-12-2017, 07:05 AM)
RatskyWatsky's Avatar
The mid season premiere is tonight!

Rock in the Road

Rick and the group are led to a new community, where they are introduced to its inhabitants and ruler; and a familiar face resurfaces.

Tonight's episode was written by Angela Kang, who last co-wrote 7.7 "Sing Me a Song" (the one where Carl chills with Negan at the Sanctuary) and was directed by Greg Nicotero, who last directed 7.2 "The Well" (the one where Carol and Morgan meet Ezekiel).

Tonight's episode is scheduled to run for 13 minutes past the hour.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Khary Payton (Ezekiel)
Greg Nicotero (director, special effects guru)
DeAngelo Williams (Running back, Pittsburgh Steelers)
BlackGhost
The reason the Browns haven't made the playoffs in 15 years is because they're too good
(02-12-2017, 04:16 PM)
BlackGhost's Avatar
Personally Can't say I've been anticipating the return like past years, kinda snuck up on me.

I will say the walking dead usually does awesome premeries though. So I will slowly increase my hype throughout the day 🤔
-Pyromaniac-
(02-12-2017, 04:18 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by RatskyWatsky

The mid season premiere is tonight!

Tonight's episode was written by Angela Kang, who last co-wrote 7.7 "Sing Me a Song" (the one where Carl chills with Negan at the Sanctuary) and was directed by Greg Nicotero, who last directed 7.2 "The Well" (the one where Carol and Morgan meet Ezekiel).

Tonight's episode is scheduled to run for 13 minutes past the hour.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Khary Payton (Ezekiel)
Greg Nicotero (director, special effects guru)
DeAngelo Williams (Running back, Pittsburgh Steelers)

woowooooo didn't know Greg was directing tonight. Happy to watch more of his stuff for an extra run time.
Leeness
Member
(02-12-2017, 07:06 PM)
Leeness's Avatar

Originally Posted by dustyherb

Did anyone here enjoy the first half of this season lol? It definitely wasn't my favorite half but I still really liked it. Ya it was extremely slow but I loved seeing the world finally expanding. I feel like they needed to slow down so they could focus on introducing all the new communities and people. If any of these places and characters are around for the long term they needed the focus. I get it doesn't help that 1 community was being shown per episode but I think in the long run it will be worth it. There's now 5 large commmunities and the fight against the saviors is now looking like it's going to be fucking huge.

I did :D I love pretty much all of the show though. Haha.

Just rewatching No Way Out and I think it's still my favourite episode of the show.
The Salt Life
Banned
(02-12-2017, 07:36 PM)
I am expecting a powerful episode tonught and then dud for the next two episodes.
luxarific
Nork unification denier
(02-12-2017, 07:42 PM)
luxarific's Avatar
I haven't seen any episodes since the mattress raid on Alexandria. Is it worth watching any of the episodes that I've missed since then before tonight?
Valar Morghulis
Member
(02-12-2017, 10:05 PM)
Valar Morghulis's Avatar

Originally Posted by luxarific

I haven't seen any episodes since the mattress raid on Alexandria. Is it worth watching any of the episodes that I've missed since then before tonight?

I think so, especially for a few character specific plots.
Lumpy Onion
Member
(02-12-2017, 10:10 PM)
Lumpy Onion's Avatar
Oh neat, this show is back. To be honest I thought the Negan visiting Alexandria stuff in the previous ep was great. The awkward tension and fear was pretty well done. Hope they purge more characters right and left.
Samurai G0SU
Member
(02-12-2017, 11:23 PM)
Samurai G0SU's Avatar
Rise up! Lets gooooo!

Thread Tools