'Into the Badlands' is back with a super sized second season (10 episodes, up from the first season's 6), starting on Sunday, March 19 at 10/9c on AMC in the US and Tuesday, March 21 on Amazon Prime Video in the UK. The first season was a bit wonky during the talky bits, but damn if the fight scenes weren't spectacular. Here's to another season of of kung fu goodness!
Season 2 of 'Into the Badlands' finds Sunny and M.K. separated and scattered to the wind, each imprisoned in unlikely places. While M.K. struggles to control his powers, Sunny is determined to fight his way back into the Badlands to find his family or die trying. On their journey, Clipper and Colt are assisted by mysterious, new allies whose motivations may be anything but pure. Meanwhile, the Widow continues to consolidate power against the other Barons, while a dark and mysterious threat prepares to exact revenge on them all. Alliances are struck, friendships betrayed and, by season's end, Sunny and M.K.'s lives will be forever altered with devastating consequences.
- Sunny used to be a killing machine in Quinn's Fort, but now, he only has one goal: to get back to Veil and his baby.
- M.K. is a young boy who is now training under a mysterious figure called "The Master" to conquer his darkness and control his strange abilities.
- With Sunny gone, Veil will do whatever it takes to ensure her and her newborn's survival.
- A reformer and revolutionary, the Widow has big dreams for the Badlands that she isn't afraid to fight for with deadly force.
- Back to serving the Widow as Regent of the Butterflies, Tilda's faith in her mother's cause is still shaken.
- Waldo, now working with the Widow, wants to leave behind a better world than the one he was born into.
Other cast members include:
- Finally freed from his father, Quinn's, shadow, Ryder is thriving now as the new Baron - but personal conflicts threaten his power.
- Born as a Cog in Quinn's Fort, Jade is a survivor who's climbed her way to the top - now married to Ryder, she leads Quinn's Barony with her new husband.
- Lydia is struggling to adapt to her new station in life on Penrith's commune - and must choose between whether vengeance or love is the better path.
- Bajie is Sunny's irreverent and optimistic ally while they are stuck together in the mining prison and the Badlands beyond.
Videos and Links
Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating