• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ivajz
(03-20-2017, 02:13 PM)

Originally Posted by WrenchNinja

Who the hell is Clapper? Is that supposed to be Tapper? Is it supposed to be an insult or something? I don't get it

James Clapper was director of national intelligence , previous administration.
numble

Originally Posted by WrenchNinja

Who the hell is Clapper? Is that supposed to be Tapper? Is it supposed to be an insult or something? I don't get it

DNI under Obama.
rambis

Originally Posted by Netherscourge

Damn, Donald is sweatin' now.

Already working Fake News angle hard in the AM.

Right. Its amazing to watch given that I really don't think they'll announce anything significant.
Aurongel
(03-20-2017, 02:16 PM)
They should get Rachel Maddow to present this. It would be the cherry on the nothingness cake.
Last edited by Aurongel; 03-20-2017 at 02:19 PM.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(03-20-2017, 02:19 PM)

Originally Posted by rambis

Right. Its amazing to watch given that I really don't think they'll announce anything significant.

Just saying the FBI didn't wiretap or anyone else did not wiretap Trump Tower is big news. Everything else is will be good. If we learn what was said behind close doors months ago it will be even better.
SparkleMotion
(03-20-2017, 02:20 PM)

Originally Posted by smokeymicpot

Just saying the FBI didn't wiretap or anyone else did not wiretap Trump Tower is fake news.

FTFY /s
Banzai
(03-20-2017, 02:20 PM)
I thought this meeting was just about yahoo being hacked?
I'm afraid this'll just embolden the "FAKE NEWS!" crowd when nothing concerning Trump or the election is said.
RPGCrazied
(03-20-2017, 02:25 PM)
Someone really needs to get charged with treason over this. Yeah, it probably won't be Trump. But someone needs charging. Be it either Flynn, Page, Manafort or Stone.
BriGuy
(03-20-2017, 02:27 PM)
I predict everyone is going to walk away from this with their own narrative of choice. Expect Fox News to have "WHO'S THE LEAKER?" as their lead story (bolstered by Donnie and the Muppets that make up the GOP) and little to no mention of anything else.
Veidt
Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
(03-20-2017, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Banzai

I thought this meeting was just about yahoo being hacked?
I'm afraid this'll just embolden the "FAKE NEWS!" crowd when nothing concerning Trump or the election is said.

That was last week.
jelly
(03-20-2017, 02:32 PM)
Starts in 30mins right?
Maxim726X
(03-20-2017, 02:34 PM)
So... What are the odds Comey announces fuck all (as it pertains to Russian involvement with the Trump campaign)?

90%? Or 100%?
modernlifeisANDY
(03-20-2017, 02:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Maxim726X

So... What are the odds Comey announces fuck all (as it pertains to Russian involvement with the Trump campaign)?

90%? Or 100%?

Let's split the difference at 95%.
BeforeU
Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Alright lets go. 20min
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.

Originally Posted by BriGuy

I predict everyone is going to walk away from this with their own narrative of choice. Expect Fox News to have "WHO'S THE LEAKER?" as their lead story (bolstered by Donnie and the Muppets that make up the GOP) and little to no mention of anything else.

Probably until next Monday at the Senate hearing.
rambis

Just saying the FBI didn't wiretap or anyone else did not wiretap Trump Tower is big news. Everything else is will be good. If we learn what was said behind close doors months ago it will be even better.

Sure. I just know these things take months and months to bear any fruit. Alot of people seem to be expecting bigger things.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(03-20-2017, 02:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Maxim726X

90%? Or 100%?

Pretty high chance we won't get anything but generic lip service. Most stuff would be classified anyway and come out in closed meetings later. Only when they have a conclusion or indictment to publicize will some of the juicy stuff become public.
BradC00
(03-20-2017, 02:41 PM)
Anyone got feinsteins reaction linked? My podcasts keep saying she's shook.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(03-20-2017, 02:43 PM)

Originally Posted by rambis

Sure. I just know these things take months and months to bear any fruit. Alot of people seem to be expecting bigger things.

They been investigating for a while now it is time for hearings. For all we know they have all the info in the world or none at all.
Goldmund
(03-20-2017, 02:43 PM)

Originally Posted by BradC00

This one? (YouTube)
KHarvey16
hopelessly misguided
(03-20-2017, 02:45 PM)
I'm guessing much of it will be confirmation that Trump was not wiretapped and that Trump Tower specifically was not under surveillance.

It'll be important to pay attention to the specific wording of questions and answers. I hope people won't interpret a lack of a huge bombshell as omgitsnothing.gif but I suspect many will. It's important for some to justify their cynicism.
rambis
(03-20-2017, 02:47 PM)

Originally Posted by BradC00

She seems like a very serious woman in general. The Grassley body language was more telling. He had previously said that this was all fake news basically. I felt if he left the briefing with that same mind state he would have been more candid.

They been investigating for a while now it is time for hearings. For all we know they have all the info in the world or none at all.

The comments from Nunes yesterday makes me thinks there is still alot more smoke than fire at this point. But we'll see.
KernelPanic
(03-20-2017, 02:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Chumly

I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn acted alone in all seriousness. Flynn has obviously be obsessed about Russia for a while with the speaking payment crap coming out. So it's going to be flynn trying to influence trump instead of trump acting as the mastermind.

Trump has been wanting to team up with Russia since the 80s. People like Flynn and Carter Page had contacts to help foster the deal.

What they need to prove is that Trump was involved. I mean all these lies about contacts to Russia I find it impossible to believe he didn't know.

Remember the change to the GOP platform to be more pro Russia? First they claimed it wasn't Trump and then it came out Trump wanted it after all.

The same sort of thing will happen. They just need to pressure the right people.
Surfinn
(03-20-2017, 02:49 PM)
Any direct link to the stream? The one in the OP isn't leading anywhere for me.
Veidt
Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
(03-20-2017, 02:50 PM)
Yes.
We are getting confirmation that no wiretapping happened. Which is a big thing itself.

We are also getting a few "I can't comment" - answers if Comey is asked whether there is an investigation into Trump. That's​ also huge.
Dead Prince
(03-20-2017, 02:50 PM)
lol. 10 minutes to go.

he should just @ all the people he follow. posting pubically like this. please give this man some fiber. and some activia
Herr Schwarz
(03-20-2017, 02:51 PM)
Is this going to be on CNET or what for those of us in the EU
Mr. X
(03-20-2017, 02:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Dead Prince

lol. 10 minutes to go.

Someone should remind him he has access to that kind of info
A Serious Man
(03-20-2017, 02:52 PM)

lol. 10 minutes to go.

he should just @ all the people he follow. posting pubically like this. please give this man some fiber. and some activia

Squirming in real time.
sazzy
pronounced "sassy"
(03-20-2017, 02:53 PM)

lol. 10 minutes to go.

he's definitely nervous and closing to shitting his pants
rambis

lol. 10 minutes to go.

God this is eating his soul isnt it?
jelly

lol. 10 minutes to go.

Kurdel
So this is starting soon?
e_i
(03-20-2017, 02:54 PM)
Trump is freaking.
modernlifeisANDY

Originally Posted by Kurdel

6 minutes.
RPGCrazied

Originally Posted by Kurdel

Should in 5 minutes, could be late I guess.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
Trump seems really nervous.
Maxim726X
(03-20-2017, 02:55 PM)

Originally Posted by AndyD

Pretty high chance we won't get anything but generic lip service. Most stuff would be classified anyway and come out in closed meetings later. Only when they have a conclusion or indictment to publicize will some of the juicy stuff become public.

You're right, of course.

I feel like there's just too much that has transpired for there to be nothing going on... But I guess we all must be patient.
Auto_aim1
MeisaMcCaffrey

Originally Posted by Mr. X

Someone should remind him he has access to that kind of info

Actually I don't think he has access to that info.
RPGCrazied

Trump seems really nervous.

Love it if this got him to resign over this.
sazzy
pronounced "sassy"
WaPo YouTube livestream (HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWqSqgp7qY
Diablos

lol. 10 minutes to go.

Dude, Trump, I'm pretty sure YOU CAN FIND THIS OUT YOURSELF

Anyway, preparing for the worst.
Banzai
I'm conflicted. Obviously I hope something comes from this but I fear what happens if nothing does.
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(03-20-2017, 02:56 PM)

Originally Posted by AndyD

Yup
Wilsongt
(03-20-2017, 02:56 PM)
I'm ready for a whole lot of nothing! Teflon Don.
Dead Prince
(03-20-2017, 02:57 PM)
press briefing today as well. Monday never been this good lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2tYd2YZDX4
mnannola
(03-20-2017, 02:57 PM)

lol. 10 minutes to go.

Twitter isn't good enough anymore, we need live video of Trump during this whole hearing.
jelly
(03-20-2017, 02:58 PM)

press briefing today as well. Monday never been this good lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2tYd2YZDX4

Spicer probably didn't sleep a wink. Drug test that man.
The Greek Freak

lol. 10 minutes to go.

Someone acting like a piece of shit doesn't mean you get a pass for acting like a piece of shit covered in radio active material that is also actively on fire.

ESPECIALLY when the election is over and she isn't running in 2020 (if she does I will just permanently quit caring about politics and stick my head in the sand regarding anything remotely political forever).
kaskade
Well considering he's tweeting about it this much there has to be some ongoing investigation.