I know that there are quite a few artists (aspiring, established or somewhere in between) here on NeoGAF and it's always nice to see what other artists are doing. I also find that I'm more likely to keep practicing my art if I know that I'll be showing it to other people. It's a great way to stay accountable!
A few ground "rules":
- Submit one 2D/3D work per day.
- It's OK to miss a day or two so long as you submit the missing pieces on the 2nd/3rd days. Try not to make a habit of it but, sometimes shit happens.
- This is a fun thread, so don't kill yourself over it.
- Spend at least 10 minutes on each submission.
- There is no upper time limit to spend on a piece.
- Post the amount of time you spent on each piece when you post it.
- Work in any medium. Both traditional and digital are fine.
- This isn't the place for pieces you've done before. Do something new! Practice!
- Be courteous when asking for and receiving critique.
Here's my post for the day (click to make bigger!):
Time Spent: 21 minutes
Medium: Photoshop CS2, Wacom Intuos Pen/Tablet
Notes: I decided that I really wanted to practice values and perspective. It got away from me a bit but this is literally the first digital sketch I've done in 4 or 5 months so it's not terrible. I'm just happy to get away from 3DS Max for a bit!