• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-05-2014, 05:58 PM)

ANDY DALY

new show

Comedy Central
Thursdays at 10 (first episode tomorrow)
If you are impatient like me, here is the first episode streaming on comedy central's website.

Based off Review with Myles Barlow (which was some show somewhere), MacNeil reviews all kinds of stuff such as addiction, going to the prom, being racist, and many more!

AVCLUB REVIEW - A-

If you don't know who Andy Daly is, educate yourself.

produced by
Last edited by Bread; 03-05-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Raxus
(03-05-2014, 06:00 PM)
Looking forward this. Commercials have been hilarious.

I give this a thousand stars.
Dabanton
(03-05-2014, 06:14 PM)
This sounds like my kind of show. Will watch it later.
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(03-05-2014, 06:21 PM)
I need to see this. It's from Abso-lutely Prodctions (Tim & Eric, Nathan For You, Eric Andre) so it's gotta be good.
Lambtron
(03-05-2014, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Snuggles

I need to see this. It's from Abso-lutely Prodctions (Tim & Eric, Nathan For You, Eric Andre) so it's gotta be good.

I wasn't interested. Now I am.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-05-2014, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Snuggles

you will not be disappointed

the abso lutely train keeps on rollin

Originally Posted by Lambtron

I wasn't interested. Now I am.

added to op for friends like lambtron
Last edited by Bread; 03-05-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-06-2014, 06:11 PM)
AV Club interviewed Andy Daly!
Clevinger
(03-07-2014, 01:05 AM)
This show's real good, guys (well, the first episode anyways). Give it a chance.
Tucah
you speak so well
(03-07-2014, 01:08 AM)
The first episode is excellent, I can't wait to see more.
Mr. Tone
(03-07-2014, 01:30 AM)
I really enjoyed the Australian show, it will be interesting to see how this version compares.
Poimandres
(03-07-2014, 01:46 AM)
Review with Myles Barlow (The Australian original) is absolutely hilarious. If they stick close to the course material, this should be gold.
Intheflorsh
(03-07-2014, 01:56 AM)
That was incredible.

"Let's blow."
mandiller
(03-07-2014, 02:08 AM)
But is it as good as the Australian original?

There are lots of good clips of it on Youtube
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-07-2014, 02:13 AM)
it has andy daly

so yes, it is as good and better than the original.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-07-2014, 03:02 AM)
WATCH
Sliver
(03-07-2014, 03:03 AM)
You should really have Andy Daly's name in the thread title. Loved the first episode, he's absolutely hilarious in Comedy Bang Bang too.
Poimandres
(03-07-2014, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Bread

it has andy daly

so yes, it is as good and better than the original.

Have you seen the original? It would be difficult to top.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-07-2014, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Poimandres

Have you seen the original? It would be difficult to top.

Have you seen Andy Daly? He's fuckin legendary
Poimandres
(03-07-2014, 03:13 AM)

Have you seen Andy Daly? He's fuckin legendary

I have and he's great... but the original is one of my all time favourite comedy programs.

I'll check this out and report back in with my two cents.
PeskyToaster
(03-07-2014, 03:17 AM)
I'm watching it right now after I watched the online one earlier. Fantastic show. The bank heist was great and the addiction segment was fantastic the whole time. I give it 5 stars.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-07-2014, 03:19 AM)

Originally Posted by PeskyToaster

I'm watching it right now after I watched the online one earlier. Fantastic show. The bank heist was great and the addiction segment was fantastic the whole time. I give it 5 stars.

yea this is probably the 5th time I've seen it, still awesome. i hope we get multiple seasons of this show.
Lambtron
(03-07-2014, 04:34 AM)
I was dying during the entire prom segment.
Dr Prob
Banned
(03-08-2014, 07:22 AM)
"Okay, so I have tried cocaine, cigarettes, alcohol. Didn't get addicted to any of those. But there's one more thing I need to try...cocaine!"

First episode was pretty good, and the buzz seems to be that it gets much better as it goes along. Plus Jason Mantzoukas and Andy Richter apparently show up. Will stick with it.
Poimandres
(03-09-2014, 12:32 AM)
I watched the first episode, and it was good, but can't come close to topping the original for me.

Here's the addiction segment for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIOCPMwslfY
-Deimos
(03-09-2014, 12:36 AM)
The show is hilarious. Absolutely never disappoints. Pun intended.
JDSN
Banned
(03-10-2014, 02:33 AM)
I can tell theres gonna a be a gag of the intern getting the short end of the stick always and im gonna love it. YOU ARE GONNA DIEEEEE
KarmaCow
(03-10-2014, 03:04 AM)
Oh god when he asks Meg about prom, I had to turn away. The entire last segment was amazing.

I hope all the things he does is cumulative throughout the season.
Akahige
(03-10-2014, 03:54 PM)
Review with Forrest MacNeil isn't the name of this version, I don't think that's even his name in it.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-10-2014, 05:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Akahige

Review with Forrest MacNeil isn't the name of this version, I don't think that's even his name in it.

i dont care
wetflame
Pizza Dog
(03-10-2014, 05:36 PM)
Watched this over the weekend, amazing. I love Andy Daly's appearances on Comedy Bang Bang, and his new podcast, so I was all set to watch this. It did not disappoint.

COCAINE!
Parallax
best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
(03-10-2014, 05:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Poimandres

I watched the first episode, and it was good, but can't come close to topping the original for me.

Here's the addiction segment for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIOCPMwslfY

That was pretty damn good. The humor is a bit darker than the american version, which makes it difficult for me to pick a side. Although taking a bong hit while riding a bike needs to be giffed
roosters93
(03-12-2014, 02:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Parallax

That was pretty damn good. The humor is a bit darker than the american version, which makes it difficult for me to pick a side. Although taking a bong hit while riding a bike needs to be giffed

I was thinking the same thing hah

Having watched the pilot of Review and all of Review with Myles Barlow, it's clear to me (at this point) that the original is the stronger show and I think the main actor is better too. That's not to say Review isn't enjoyable. (It's just appearing to be the weakest Absolutely Productions production yet)

But as you say the tone of the humour is different.
Anoregon
(03-12-2014, 02:05 PM)
I watched the first ep with my brother. We both enjoyed it in general, but fucking lost it at the "well I guess I went to decoy rehab" line. That shit was perfect.
wetflame
Pizza Dog
(03-13-2014, 10:21 AM)
Watched this again last night with my girlfriend, and she loved it. Can't wait for the next episode. Andy Daly is great, love his character work on Comedy Bang Bang.
ramoisdead
(03-14-2014, 07:53 AM)
Watching the encore of this week's Review. Pretty dang funny. Speaking of funny, I have a funny feeling this show won't last very long though. =[
Last edited by ramoisdead; 03-14-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-16-2014, 05:21 AM)
Not many posts about the new episode!

The first 2 parts were great, that color copier bit is classic. The hunting one was terrible though, definitely the worst review yet.
Tom_Cody
(03-20-2014, 07:10 PM)
I really enjoyed the first two episodes. I can't wait for more.

Not many posts about the new episode!

The first 2 parts were great, that color copier bit is classic. The hunting one was terrible though, definitely the worst review yet.

The hunting one is definitely the weakest so far.
wetflame
Pizza Dog
(03-20-2014, 07:42 PM)
Yeah, the first two segments were better than the first, that colour copier bit killed me in the previews last episode and did it again in that one. On the whole though the episode was a little weaker I thought. Hopefully this next one is another winner.
Bread
Whole Wheat
(03-21-2014, 03:57 PM)
great episode

his reaction to the divorce question was so fuckin good
SmithnCo
(03-22-2014, 04:44 AM)
Episode 3 was pretty great. Him sleeping in the office with the intern, haha.
wetflame
Pizza Dog
(03-22-2014, 01:31 PM)
Haha, that was amazing. Hope that's not the last we see of Jessica St Clair though.

Womp it up!
Clevinger
(03-22-2014, 02:23 PM)
"I loved you more than anyone would love you! YOU'RE WEIRD!"

amazing

Hope that's not the last we see of Jessica St Clair though.

yeah, me too
FoneBone
(03-25-2014, 11:39 PM)
God, the fact that this thread hasn't even crossed 50 replies saddens me. Hopefully it still gets renewed (I mean, if Nathan For You did...) The reveal of the third review in episode 3 may be the hardest I've laughed at anything so far in 2014.
JDSN
Banned
(03-26-2014, 12:12 AM)
The second Pancake request was just brutal.
beat
(03-26-2014, 01:30 AM)
Andy Daly's a helluva star for this show, but the smaller parts are all great too. I love the way Megan Stevenson is playing the co-host AJ: she's ridiculously chipper and amusingly dumb ("Seattle, Washington, DC") and yet there's a sort of realistic person in there too.
wetflame
Pizza Dog
(03-26-2014, 10:33 AM)
My girlfriend laughed out loud at the second Pancake request and she thinks the show's "silly". I love it though, Andy Daly plays this so well, hope it finds a good audience because I'd love to see it last.
Incitemaybe
(03-27-2014, 07:59 AM)
Just saw the first episode and found it genuinely funny! Was really just flicking through hulu to find something that wasn't horrible to watch haha
FallbackPants
(03-27-2014, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Parallax

Haven't seen the US version yet, I'll check it out ASAP, but the Aussie version got super dark. Like crazy, hilariously dark
Edit: I'd forgotten how great Myles' wrap ups were. Fantastic
PeskyToaster
(03-27-2014, 08:24 AM)
I need to catch up. I think Comedy Central has full eps online right?
ramoisdead
(03-28-2014, 07:32 AM)
Watching the encore of yesterday's Review. Those Batman skits had me laughing so I hope this is a good one.