• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

danowat
Member
(03-23-2017, 05:06 PM)
danowat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pegasus Actual

I think the optimal shield mass thing is more like diminishing returns. If your mass is over it, your shields are going to be trash, if your mass is under you get some additional benefit but some of the shield is wasted.

That was my assumption until I did some googling and found some topics on the ED forums saying that having a ship hull under the optimum mass meant the shield was weaker.

IDK, I find a lot of the numbers game behind ship building utterly confusing!, especially when you start throw engineered modules into the mix.
Not Spaceghost
Spaceghost
(03-23-2017, 05:43 PM)
Not Spaceghost's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd54j9UB0R4

2.3 is really gonna make the big 3 into flying your own coffin.
Anton Sugar
Member
(03-23-2017, 05:57 PM)
Anton Sugar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not Spaceghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd54j9UB0R4

2.3 is really gonna make the big 3 into flying your own coffin.

Seems like he had a hull tank Scout, as well as G5 rapid fire mine launcher, which is what did the shields of the Cutter in so easily.

Also seemed like the Cutter may have been specc'd for multicrew. Looked like they had at least a few turrets.
Volimar
Member
(03-23-2017, 09:14 PM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not Spaceghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd54j9UB0R4

2.3 is really gonna make the big 3 into flying your own coffin.

Maybe I'm biased in my love of gun ships, but if that Cutter had more multicannons and fewer beams, that Asp would have been torn through like tissue paper.
Not Spaceghost
Spaceghost
(03-23-2017, 09:16 PM)
Not Spaceghost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anton Sugar

Seems like he had a hull tank Scout, as well as G5 rapid fire mine launcher, which is what did the shields of the Cutter in so easily.

Also seemed like the Cutter may have been specc'd for multicrew. Looked like they had at least a few turrets.

I mean regardless, that's an asp scout with class 2 rails smoking a cutter in 5 minutes. Sure he has an insane hull tank and crazy mines on it but the hardness on the cutter on live would be able to survive that assault for almost twice as long.

And that's an asp scout with class 2 rails lmao. Let that sink in for a sec. Imagine what a hull tank FAS or omni dual tank FdL is going to be able to do?

Originally Posted by Volimar

Maybe I'm biased in my love of gun ships, but if that Cutter had more multicannons and fewer beams, that Asp would have been torn through like tissue paper.

Eh maybe maybe not, missiles on the cutter would have definitely made the situation different since the Asp Scouts modules would have been blown up. But if that Asps hull tank was as ridiculous as it looked then it was likely omni resistant which means that he had the same resists (50%++) against all damage types. The thing about that clip that's most horrifying is that those shitty class 2 rails were able to kill a cutter in 5min.
Last edited by Not Spaceghost; 03-23-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Volimar
Member
(03-23-2017, 09:23 PM)
Volimar's Avatar
Does point defense work against mines?
Onemic
Member
(03-23-2017, 11:45 PM)
Onemic's Avatar
I've been away from this game for close to a year now, so Im just wondering...Since it's 2017 has ED switched from Horizons to the season 3 expansion?
Volimar
Member
(03-24-2017, 12:03 AM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Onemic

I've been away from this game for close to a year now, so Im just wondering...Since it's 2017 has ED switched from Horizons to the season 3 expansion?

Nope. The Beta for 2.3 is going on now. Season three won't be for quite some time.
Anton Sugar
Member
(03-24-2017, 06:28 AM)
Anton Sugar's Avatar
Played some multicrew tonight with one friend.

Not bad. I feel like it will be popular in combat zones and res sites but that's obvious. Doesn't have much use other than that. Good money maker.

Curious about PvP. If nothing else, could make for fun massive fights. Some of the big multi Wing battles are fun to watch.
Jedi2016
Junior Member
(03-26-2017, 04:18 AM)
Jedi2016's Avatar
I've been grinding passenger missions, sightseeing tours specifically, for the exploration money.

Now I'm Pioneer, at 98%. I think I'm going to ditch passengers and head out for a short jaunt in my Asp, maybe 10k light years or so, just to rack up a few million in actual exploration data to put me over the top. Kind of makes it more "real", you know?

Thread Tools