• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(01-21-2017, 09:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Not Spaceghost

Oh my god this imp eagle is so much fun I gotta grind up to dirty drives 5 only sporting dd3 right now.

dirty drives are so dumb on the iEagle. lol. you have to set the ship permanently to 1/3 speed to stay on anyone's tail. You're in a Lambo; everyone else is in a Mini Cooper by comparison.
Joseph Merrick
#2 Tingle Fan
(right after Beezy)
(01-21-2017, 10:22 AM)
coriolis bobbleheads :DD

Originally Posted by Skyzard

Giant Bomb's Drew is doing a live play of this at the moment btw:

http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

-ended early, they were having a lot of connection drops

hehe. too bad. I have the same since 2.2. can't play the game at all now, just constant connection issues, matchmaking server blahblahblah. waiting for next patch/update. the .03 didn't help at all.
Last edited by Joseph Merrick; 01-21-2017 at 10:26 AM.
DrBo42
(01-21-2017, 10:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Aztechnology

Funny enough I did in fact set it to F12. But nothing happens when I press it in game.

There's so little discussion about this, I can't seem to find a forum anywhere mention it :(

Does it work outside the game?
Aztechnology
(01-21-2017, 11:06 AM)

Originally Posted by DrBo42

Does it work outside the game?

Tried it with Arma and some other games, no dice. Obviously, there's an issue where anything nongaming isn't 3D so.

Anyway, I'm not going to keep it. It actually made me pretty Nauseous like I've experienced in the past with poor VR.

The eye tracking in conjunction with the head tracking just doesn't work on a static screen together. A big issue is looking at UI elements or glancing causes the camera to move, now I was able to compensate with some sliders to try to stop that from happening. But the delay between looking around the corners of the screen, and the camera moving is enough to cause eye strain and nausea at least for me.

It was worth a restocking fee to try it out though. Assuming they do charge me one. I'm more convinced than ever that eye tracking is key to VR's future. But I don't truly see a way forward in gaming for it without VR.
Jedi2016
(01-21-2017, 04:25 PM)
The closest I've seen to that problem is TrackIR's settings, that manage to completely hijack the buttons used to control it, and no other program can use those buttons as long as TrackIR is running. Sounds like something similar may be happening there.

Anybody else notice the title of the email? "Newsletter Template"... oops.. lol.

Those Coriolis bobbleheads are actually pretty cool.. I might pick up the wireframe one.
UpDownLeftRight
(01-21-2017, 06:51 PM)
Finding these chemical manipulators is awful. I would have happily gone for upgrading my jump range a bit and continuing to grind for cash a bit longer but this has bored me to death. Sitting in SC for an hour at a time hoping to find a USS, then hoping it's combat aftermath, then hoping the chemical manipulators will show up is way too many layers of luck applied to the most boring aspect of the game. Both my last sessions of this game have been an hour of SC with not a single combat aftermath showing up and it's drained any enthusiasm.
IMACOMPUTA
(01-21-2017, 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted by danowat

Surely if all the tedium and long drawn out business was removed it would just reveal what an empty husk of a game it actually is......

I'll get my coat....

Define game. The game is what you call tedium. Put two coats on.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(01-21-2017, 08:16 PM)

Originally Posted by UpDownLeftRight

Finding these chemical manipulators is awful. I would have happily gone for upgrading my jump range a bit and continuing to grind for cash a bit longer but this has bored me to death. Sitting in SC for an hour at a time hoping to find a USS, then hoping it's combat aftermath, then hoping the chemical manipulators will show up is way too many layers of luck applied to the most boring aspect of the game. Both my last sessions of this game have been an hour of SC with not a single combat aftermath showing up and it's drained any enthusiasm.

You're doing it wrong, unfortunately. I too made this mistake.

The efficient way to do this is to go to an Outbreak system and shoot T7's at the convoy meet ups.
danowat
(01-21-2017, 08:26 PM)

Originally Posted by IMACOMPUTA

Define game. The game is what you call tedium. Put two coats on.

I was being facetious, of course the grind is the game.
UpDownLeftRight
(01-21-2017, 08:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

The efficient way to do this is to go to an Outbreak system and shoot T7's at the convoy meet ups.

Outbreak system? Never heard of those or convoy meet ups. How do I locate these on the map? I'm sick to death of searching for USS now.
DrBo42
(01-21-2017, 09:16 PM)

Originally Posted by UpDownLeftRight

Outbreak system? Never heard of those or convoy meet ups. How do I locate these on the map? I'm sick to death of searching for USS now.

Sort on the galaxy map by State. Tick the outbreak box.
MrFrankFontaine
(01-21-2017, 09:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

Even better if they are Anarchy as you won't get wanted.
UpDownLeftRight
(01-21-2017, 10:32 PM)
Thanks, I'll give that a go. By the way what would people suggest as weapon outfitting for a Python? I'm using 2 Large pulse lasers + two medium Pulses with a Large Multi cannon and I'm not sure it's a good choice. I found a type 9 in SC and went for the ambush and found he put up a pretty good fight surprisingly. With his ship launched fighter and missiles he was packing pretty heavy damage.
DrBo42
(01-21-2017, 11:52 PM)
I keep hearing about the ability to buy modular terminals somewhere, is there any truth to that?

I'm assuming no. Anyone remember which economy and state tend to spawn them more as rewards?
Last edited by DrBo42; Yesterday at 12:00 AM.
Reckheim
(Yesterday, 01:02 AM)
Saw a familiar name while exploring today. Thought it was kool.

theWB27
(Yesterday, 02:00 AM)
So..I just impulse bought the 60 dollar version of this game. I wanna see some stars and planets. So..what should be my focus starting out?
Cimarron
(Yesterday, 02:02 AM)

Originally Posted by theWB27

So..I just impulse bought the 60 dollar version of this game. I wanna see some stars and planets. So..what should be my focus starting out?

Learn how to fly and learn how to trade.
theWB27
(Yesterday, 02:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Cimarron

Learn how to fly and learn how to trade.

Thanks...started watching the vids in the OP too.
JoeMartin
(Yesterday, 03:45 AM)
Never traded a day in my life (beyond what is necessary for engineers), have 2 billion space bucks.
Joseph Merrick
#2 Tingle Fan
(right after Beezy)
(Yesterday, 06:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Reckheim

:) nice
Volimar
(Yesterday, 07:21 AM)
Oh yeah, Mengy is everywhere.
danowat
(Yesterday, 07:30 AM)
Bounty hunting at RE sites is where the easy money is to start with.

Plus they have the advantage of being in planet rings so they look pretty decent too.
Volimar
(Today, 12:43 AM)
I went out to the Formidine Rift to help search for the settlements there. I was searching the Delta site planet when my kid came in and was talking to me and I crashed my ship...

Waaaayyyyyy back to Meene. I had spotted a few water worlds on the way too.

feelsbadman
Mengy
wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
(Today, 01:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Reckheim

Ah, nice! I don't recognize the sector, where is that located in the galaxy?
Fantastapotamus
Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
(Today, 01:41 AM)
I played like 16 hours of the game so far and I wish I could get more into it. I love the way the game plays, I love the way it looks but...it's one of those games that is way too big for me to enjoy. I'd rather have 50 distinct systems than 400 billion randomly generated.
Then again I do not care about multiplayer a bit and that maybe wouldn't work that well with "only" 50 systems.

Still enjoy the game but I can't see myself playing it for much longer.
Jedi2016
(Today, 01:41 AM)
That's the problem with exploration, after a few thousand systems they all kind of blur together.. lol.
Volimar
(Today, 01:43 AM)
Especially after the Beigening of the planets.
Fantastapotamus
Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
(Today, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Jedi2016

That's the problem with exploration, after a few thousand systems they all kind of blur together.. lol.

I honestly feel like they started blurring together after, like 10 systems. I still think the game is super cool. Maybe one day I'll get my Freelancer 2. I've really been chasing that high ever since.