• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Ravi_elite
(04-20-2017, 05:22 PM)
look people.. if you ALREADY got a game that you wanted.... (looking at YOU BLOP2 fans) then just play that..and stop asking...WAIT YOUR TURN...some people here still have yet to get the one they want....so step aside

@Phil Spencer @Major Nelson

GIMME GIMME GIMME
thundr51
(04-20-2017, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Ravi_elite

look people.. if you ALREADY got a game that you wanted.... (looking at YOU BLOP2 fans) then just play that..and stop asking...WAIT YOUR TURN...some people here still have yet to get the one they want....so step aside

@Phil Spencer @Major Nelson

GIMME GIMME GIMME

Fun fact: Saints Row 2 is available free on GoG right now.
Swiggins
(04-20-2017, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by gamz

How the hell do you buy games on digital? I click on 360 Black Ops 2 from the store and it's 50 bucks.

Just buy a used physical copy and save yourself the headache.
Ravi_elite
(04-20-2017, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by thundr51

Fun fact: Saints Row 2 is available free on GoG right now.

Fun fact: Saints Row 1 was exclusive to the xbox 360
Fun fact: Saints Row 1's Multiplayer was WAY BETTER then Saints Row 2's
Jawmuncher
(04-20-2017, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Damn Silly

Konami continuing to support BC does give me hope for MGS HD and Revengeance at some point at least.

Seems like a matter of time unless they plan on new ports for this gen
Bread
Whole Wheat
(04-20-2017, 05:39 PM)

saints row 1 multiplayer is one of the most underappreciated multiplayer modes i can remember.
Jallopy
(04-20-2017, 05:55 PM)
Space Marine? Pretty please?
JDM
(04-20-2017, 05:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Bread

saints row 1 multiplayer is one of the most underappreciated multiplayer modes i can remember.

Protect the Pimp was amazing. Like really amazing.
jmdajr
(04-20-2017, 06:06 PM)

Originally Posted by G0523

These Xbox 360 games are now backwards compatible as of today:

-3D Ultra Minigolf
-Golf: Tee It Up!
-Gin Rummy
-Contra
-Roboblitz

What are these? Xbox Indie Games? (Aside from Contra of course.)

Hey I have Contra!
Kai Ozu
(04-20-2017, 06:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Tarnpanzer

Why can´t you play original Xbox-games like Morrowind or Splinter Cell on Xbox One? Any technical reasons?

I remember Phil said he asked the BC team if they could do it, he never followed up.

The Xbox One architecture is closer to the original Xbox. I would love to see original Xbox games one day.
soul creator
at 10 you suck
at 9 you're f*cked
at 8 you're a sucker
at 7 a motherf*cker
(04-20-2017, 06:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Tarnpanzer

Why can´t you play original Xbox-games like Morrowind or Splinter Cell on Xbox One? Any technical reasons?

my theory is that it has a lot more to do with business reasons rather than technical reasons. They'd likely have to pay Nvidia some extra money to do it properly, since they didn't own the original Xbox hardware completely the way they do with the 360/One. And of course, there's way less of a demand for stuff from the original Xbox, in comparison to the Xbox 360.
yankeehater
(04-20-2017, 06:17 PM)

Originally Posted by soul creator

my theory is that it has a lot more to do with business reasons rather than technical reasons. They'd likely have to pay Nvidia some extra money to do it properly, since they didn't own the original Xbox hardware completely the way they do with the 360/One. And of course, there's way less of a demand for stuff from the original Xbox, in comparison to the Xbox 360.

I do not believe the last part is true at all. NGB, and KoToR would be huge, plus the OG Xbox had so many gems that people missed out on since it didnt sell as well as it should have.
nekkid
(04-20-2017, 06:17 PM)

How did that work for BC on the 360?

What about BCing the BC.
jmdajr
(04-20-2017, 06:21 PM)
I'd pretty much have 90% of all my games compatible if Capcom would get onboard with stuff.
CRZYSPZ
(04-20-2017, 06:21 PM)

I think one of the major reasons is because the OG Xbox emulator on the 360 was absolutely trash. There were so many bugs and performance issues that I almost feel like it'd make more sense just to remaster or even build a new emulator from scratch just for OG Xbox games.

Tried playing Halo: CE with my buddy a couple weeks ago on a 360 and had numerous, horrendous frame drops and slowdown. I honestly don't understand how MS thought releasing a game like that was considered passable.

I honestly would prefer remasters with Xbox Live support (achievements, mulitplayer, social features, etc.) and some visual improvements (even if it's just an up res) rather than a BC feature.

Originally Posted by jmdajr

I'd pretty much have 90% of all my games compatible if Capcom would get onboard with stuff.

I truly hope the get on board at some point...... I have a decent amount of CAPCOM games that I'd love to be BC and play for the first time ever. Hell, my 360 might end up being a primarily CAPCOM focused machine at this rate.
93xfan
(04-20-2017, 06:22 PM)
Contra being BC gives me hope for Hard Corps Uprising. Want that game so badly!
thepenguin55
(04-20-2017, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by DOWN

How come nobody else wants GUN?

In my eyes Gun was fun but exactly once. It was better than Red Dead Revolver.

-3D Ultra Minigolf
-Gin Rummy
-Contra
-Roboblitz

Woof... I guess it's nice to get Contra but this is about the most "meh" lineup of games they could've put together.
Last edited by thepenguin55; 04-20-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Bryan Newman
(04-20-2017, 06:27 PM)

-3D Ultra Minigolf
-Gin Rummy
-Contra
-Roboblitz

Hey I've got 3D Ultra Minigolf!!! :)
BouncyFrag
(04-20-2017, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by nekkid

What about BCing the BC.

I had a lot of great experiences with the 360's bc enjoying KOTOR 1 & 2, Fable, Morrowind, and Jade Empire to name a few. It wasn't perfect but I could handle the bumps along the way.

BC of the bc would be nice.
Gestault
(04-20-2017, 06:30 PM)

-3D Ultra Minigolf
-Gin Rummy
-Contra
-Roboblitz

Roboblitz was a neat little character platformer while the size limit was still 50 mb for XBLA games. It had no business looking as good as it did. You're a little robo-guy. No footballs are involved.
Xander51
(04-20-2017, 06:33 PM)

What about BCing the BC.

On the original 360, they attached Nvidia's licensing fee to the hard drive. It's why the core unit didn't have BC unless you bought a hard drive, and why the hard drives were so stupidly expensive.

Mentions this requirement at the top of this page here.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy...original-games
Emperor Bohe
(04-20-2017, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Xander51

On the original 360, they attached Nvidia's licensing fee to the hard drive. It's why the core unit didn't have BC unless you bought a hard drive, and why the hard drives were so stupidly expensive.

Fuck it, I'm down to pay a one time Nvidia fee to make it happen
soul creator
at 10 you suck
at 9 you're f*cked
at 8 you're a sucker
at 7 a motherf*cker
(04-20-2017, 06:36 PM)

What about BCing the BC.

They paid the licensing fee back then: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-compatibility

edit: oops, beaten
DOWN
(04-20-2017, 06:40 PM)
At this point we are excited to see any games at all because at some point that means they will run out of unwanted games and have to address the games we do want
CRZYSPZ
(04-20-2017, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by DOWN

At this point we are excited to see any games at all because at some point that means they will run out of unwanted games and have to address the games we do want

Just gotta be ready for some droughts due to complications with the emulation and licenses if that becomes the case! Especially with the bigger titles.
Chris1
(04-20-2017, 07:28 PM)

-3D Ultra Minigolf
-Gin Rummy
-Contra
-Roboblitz

Damn, both Contra and Roboblitz were being tested since like the first month of BC. They took forever to come
nekkid
(04-20-2017, 07:54 PM)

They paid the licensing fee back then: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-compatibility

edit: oops, beaten

Ah I see. Thanks.
MarveI
(04-20-2017, 08:03 PM)

Please MS. Make it happen.
Alpha Phoenix
(04-20-2017, 08:08 PM)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. I really thought it was backward compatible. Am disappoint.
TechnicPuppet
(04-20-2017, 08:31 PM)
I've played so much Civ revolution in the last week.

They really need to make a proper sequel to that game it would be amazing if they done it right.
Izuna
(04-20-2017, 08:33 PM)
sheesh, 3D mini golf
Baron_Calamity
(04-20-2017, 09:17 PM)

Funner fact: the Multiplayer was dead a month after release and the single player in SR2 was way better than the first Saints Row.
Ravi_elite
(04-20-2017, 10:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Baron_Calamity

Funner fact: the Multiplayer was dead a month after release and the single player in SR2 was way better than the first Saints Row.

That's funny..i was playing Saints Row the past 10 years and had full matchmaking in ranked protect tha pimp &blinded out ride the first 7 years of It's life..you must have had a really bad experience...maybe you got teamkilled and standbyed a whole bunch I'm sorry...you just didn't understand how to hold your own...sorry buddy Saints Row is for the hardcore crowd..stick with your single player while the OGs get back on tha row..
tim1138
(04-20-2017, 11:30 PM)

I would pay a one time fee if it meant I could play KotOR, the original Battlefront 2, and Ninja Gaiden Black on my Xbox One.
gupho70
(04-21-2017, 07:33 AM)

Originally Posted by always crazy bacon

Too Human tonight!

Get Out!
deadfolk
(04-21-2017, 11:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Chris1

Damn, both Contra and Roboblitz were being tested since like the first month of BC. They took forever to come

That makes it sound like these were being held in their back pocket for when there's nothing else in the pipeline...and that day has come.
mike4001_
(04-21-2017, 11:51 AM)

OK but really intesting that this is a one-time fee.

I assume everyone would be willing to pay lets say 10-20 USD/Eur as a one time licensing fee to enable BC for OG Xbox on Xbox One....
-shadow-
(04-21-2017, 11:53 AM)

Originally Posted by always crazy bacon

Too Human tonight!

Not sure if serious. If you are, I've actually been wanting to try this game out despite its reputation. I have a soft spot for Silicon Knights despite everything that happened...
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 11:54 AM)
Who's ready for some more forgotten XBLA arcade games today!
bede-x
(04-21-2017, 11:59 AM)

Originally Posted by tim1138

I would pay a one time fee if it meant I could play KotOR, the original Battlefront 2, and Ninja Gaiden Black on my Xbox One.

Same here. Original Xbox BC would be a huge selling point to me. 360 BC was what drew me back to Xbox and made me use the One regularly.
Enter The 36 Chambers
Banned
(04-21-2017, 12:02 PM)
Hey guys.

Just wanted to drop by and say I hope Ninja Guy 2 gets backwards compatibled.

Ninja guy is a cool game and his sword is awesome.

Thanks
pathf1nder
Banned
(04-21-2017, 12:04 PM)
Max Payne 3
Spec Ops
Splinter Cell
Phloxy
(04-21-2017, 12:06 PM)
Nooo, stop saying Too Human, it hurts my heart :(
pathf1nder
Banned
(04-21-2017, 12:12 PM)
Too Human is E.T. of 7th generation. One of those games that should be completely forgotten.
barneystuta83
(04-21-2017, 12:16 PM)
I am down for Ninja Gaiden.

Remember to vote for it - https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/29...y?query=gaiden

By my count, Ninja Gaiden 2 is around 70th on the list (in terms of votes).
Correctomundo
(04-21-2017, 12:43 PM)

Originally Posted by pathf1nder

Too Human is E.T. of 7th generation. One of those games that should be completely forgotten.

Not even remotely close to being that bad.

In fact, if you approach it from outside this fashionable hatred for SK or Denis Dyack, it is fairly playable.
Arttemis
(04-21-2017, 12:54 PM)
Damn it! The games I want most from last gen, other then Dark Souls, are not available.

Metal Gear Rising
DMC HD Collection
Vanquish

This is so disheartening.
always crazy bacon
(04-21-2017, 12:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Who's ready for some more forgotten XBLA arcade games today!

Already announced.
mingoguaya
(04-21-2017, 01:04 PM)

Originally Posted by m23

I would do things for Too Human to become BC.

Yes.

This is why I will never sell my Xbox 360. Loved that game to death!
m23
(04-21-2017, 01:30 PM)

Originally Posted by mingoguaya

Yes.

This is why I will never sell my Xbox 360. Loved that game to death!

One of the reasons I still have my 360. Also because of phantom dust being BC on 360 as well as Ninja Gaiden.

I would actually pay $100 for a remaster of Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 for Xbone.