• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

dallow_bg
nods at old men
(10-07-2015, 11:44 PM)
dallow_bg's Avatar

Originally Posted by hawk2025

Also, major suggestion for these guys:


Number the catalogue, and put the numbers on the spine -- preferably separate per platform!

They are doing that actually! Breach and Clear is #1.
I'm not sure if they separate it by platform, but I hope so too.

Limited Run Games ‏@LimitedRunGames 4h4 hours ago
Every game we release is part of the Limited Run collection. Try and collect the whole set! Breach & Clear is #1.

Wereroku
Member
(10-07-2015, 11:46 PM)
Wereroku's Avatar
Nice small print run requirements mean that when Vic moves onto Vita/PS4 he will have an easier time getting physical runs done.
SolidSnakex
Member
(10-07-2015, 11:47 PM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Robert at Zeboyd Games

They're not planning on doing any reprints hence the name Limited Run Games.

If that's the case then they should consider doing some sort of pre-order program to get a gauge on how popular a title could be before setting a hard number on the amount of copies they'll make.
hawk2025
Member
(10-07-2015, 11:48 PM)
hawk2025's Avatar

Originally Posted by dallow_bg

They are doing that actually! Breach and Clear is #1.
I'm not sure if they separate it by platform, but I hope so too.


Well, hot damn.
dallow_bg
nods at old men
(10-07-2015, 11:50 PM)
dallow_bg's Avatar
Oh, I just saw this, the price and shipping costs for this particular title:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...26321165787137

Limited Run Games ‏@LimitedRunGames 4h4 hours ago
@LastRealGamer $24.99 + $3.99 for domestic shipping. International shipping varies. $9 for Canada/Mexico, $12 elsewhere.

Sectorseven
Member
(10-07-2015, 11:52 PM)
Sectorseven's Avatar
Is this one of those deals where you're going to have to be on the website at midnight constantly clicking your order through?
vid
Member
(10-07-2015, 11:54 PM)
vid's Avatar
While they're not quite the same (USB drive and Steam key with goodies vs. Vita card/PS4 disc), this reminds me a bit of IndieBox. Loving this initiative of digital only games getting nice boxed releases.
Last edited by vid; 10-07-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Robert at Zeboyd Games
Zeboyd Games
(10-07-2015, 11:57 PM)
Robert at Zeboyd Games's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sectorseven

Is this one of those deals where you're going to have to be on the website at midnight constantly clicking your order through?

I'm guessing they'll set things up like Gaijinworks does and have a preorder phase where you can reserve a copy which will help them to decide how many copies to make. I'm guessing after that phase, things will sell out quickly - Retro City Rampage sold out in like a day and is already noticeably more expensive second-hand than the original price.
Dominator
Member
(10-07-2015, 11:58 PM)
Dominator's Avatar
No interest in Breach and Clear, but I kind of just want it for the sake of company doing this lol

But I think they'll sell out, so no point for this one.

My eyes will be on the look out for what they do in the future.
Last edited by Dominator; 10-08-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Tapejara
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:01 AM)
Tapejara's Avatar
This is awesome. My physical Vita collection is about to get so much bigger.
emb
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:02 AM)
emb's Avatar
I love it! Digital games often seem more appealing to me, but I'm not interested in them because of the distribution format. Sounds like these guys should be opening up several new games for me. :D

Don't know about this first title, but I'll definitely try to keep an eye on the company and this initiative.

Even knowing nothing about Breach and Clear, the price sounds solid enough to give it a shot maybe.
Barajas_201
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:06 AM)
Barajas_201's Avatar

Originally Posted by dallow_bg

Oh, I just saw this, the price and shipping costs for this particular title:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...26321165787137

Limited Run Games ‏@LimitedRunGames 4h4 hours ago
@LastRealGamer $24.99 + $3.99 for domestic shipping. International shipping varies. $9 for Canada/Mexico, $12 elsewhere.



Screw Fangamer with their $40 dollars one month late international shipping.
LifeBrandRobot
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:13 AM)
LifeBrandRobot's Avatar
I am so into this. I know their focus is probably only on indie games but it'd be cool if they could release some digital only localized Japanese games as well. Especially for the Vita.
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-08-2015, 12:19 AM)
YianGaruga's Avatar
Perfectly reasonable international shipping. Awesome

Also these guys have a GAF account, I wonder when they'll turn up in this thread

http://neogaf.site/forum/member.php?u=554732
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(10-08-2015, 12:22 AM)
Man God's Avatar
I would guess that since Breach and Clear has almost no positive reactions from anyone and that they made 1500 copies to scam collectors that Sony's minimum print run for Vita is...1500 copies.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(10-08-2015, 12:22 AM)
Takao's Avatar

Originally Posted by LifeBrandRobot

I am so into this. I know their focus is probably only on indie games but it'd be cool if they could release some digital only localized Japanese games as well. Especially for the Vita.

They said they want to do some bigger games too, but they need to prove the business model first.
hawk2025
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:24 AM)
hawk2025's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

I would guess that since Breach and Clear has almost no positive reactions from anyone and that they made 1500 copies to scam collectors that Sony's minimum print run for Vita is...1500 copies.


Or you can not have a shitty attitude and actually read the post on why they started with Breach and Clear.
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-08-2015, 12:26 AM)
YianGaruga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

I would guess that since Breach and Clear has almost no positive reactions from anyone and that they made 1500 copies to scam collectors that Sony's minimum print run for Vita is...1500 copies.

wtf?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266130/
85% positive reviews on Steam

and "scam collectors"? are you serious?
Shenmue
Banned
(10-08-2015, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Robert at Zeboyd Games

Glad to see this thread go up. :)

CSH will get a physical copy??!! I will order as soon as it goes up.
Beatofficer
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:29 AM)
Beatofficer's Avatar
If there was a physical edition of Transistor on PS4 I would buy so quick. So many digital only games that would be great to own physically.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(10-08-2015, 12:31 AM)
Man God's Avatar

Originally Posted by YianGaruga

wtf?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266130/
85% positive reviews on Steam

and "scam collectors"? are you serious?

It's got a much lower rating on metacritic for the Vita version.
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-08-2015, 12:34 AM)
YianGaruga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

It's got a much lower rating on metacritic for the Vita version.

Well I guess those 6 reviews make your post totally okay then
It's probably not a game I'd like either, but calling them scammers is a bit much don't you think
Last edited by YianGaruga; 10-08-2015 at 12:38 AM.
emb
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:37 AM)
emb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

I would guess that since Breach and Clear has almost no positive reactions from anyone and that they made 1500 copies to scam collectors that Sony's minimum print run for Vita is...1500 copies.

Here's the reason for Breach & Clear being the first:

Originally Posted by The Article

Breach & Clear was the first game Mighty Rabbit Studios (parent company to Limited Run Games) shipped on an "official" console or handheld. Naturally, it made sense that we should take a gamble on it and make it our first physical release. The physical release of the game ended up giving us more time to clean up the game, fix bugs, and adjust based on reviews of the digital version, so that was a nice bonus. Really, if we could have published any game in the world to launch Limited Run Games with we'd probably have picked something else that would have created more buzz. The problem with that is why would any other developers trust us before we had our own physical release? Breach & Clear is being utilized as a test run to show other developers that we can do this, and we can do it right. It's also going to hopefully show that people are still hungry for physical Vita releases, which seem to really be drying up recently.

Basically, seems like:
1. The company that's getting into publishing is starting with their own game
2. It's sort of a test run
Leynos
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:38 AM)
Leynos's Avatar
I am not interested in Breach & Clear, but I do love physical games. I will definitely be keeping an eye on Limited Run Games.
CrunchyFrog
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:40 AM)
CrunchyFrog's Avatar
This is a cool idea. There's definitely a market for it if GAF opinion is anything to go by. I may even dip in myself depending on the game.
WiiRevolution1
Member
(10-08-2015, 12:54 AM)
WiiRevolution1's Avatar
I'd be very interested in some of the following games on Vita:

VVVVVV
Mutant Mudds
Xeodrifter
Steamworld Dig
Hatoful Boyfriend
Probably others I'm forgetting.

Originally Posted by Robert at Zeboyd Games

*whistles* :)

And Cosmic Star Heroine

Just be neat to have a physical collection of some of my favorite Indie games (Tho I played them all besides Hatoful on 3DS, still the added trophies would make me 100% them)

Just need a good enough headstart so I can save money. Do we know how much they'd be? I'd assume the standard retail $40 but I think Hotline Miami was higher. Also even if one of my wants come out, it would probably sell out before I got to order. D:

Edit: Woah, $30 for the first game. I would without a doubt get atleast VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, or Xeodrifter for $30.
Last edited by WiiRevolution1; 10-08-2015 at 12:56 AM.
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-08-2015, 12:58 AM)
YianGaruga's Avatar

Originally Posted by WiiRevolution1

Just need a good enough headstart so I can save money. Do we know how much they'd be? I'd assume the standard retail $40 but I think Hotline Miami was higher. Also even if one of my wants come out, it would probably sell out before I got to order. D:

The majority of the games are supposed to be $24.99

And I think people overestimate the demand, I doubt they'll be sold out as fast as some here think
exmachina64
Member
(10-08-2015, 02:30 AM)
exmachina64's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

If that's the case then they should consider doing some sort of pre-order program to get a gauge on how popular a title could be before setting a hard number on the amount of copies they'll make.

Ideally.
Lackadaisicool
Junior Member
(10-08-2015, 02:33 AM)
Lackadaisicool's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reallink

Collectors will ruin this buying up multiple copies, thought I guess this distributor and the developers don't really care if no one plays the games so long as they get the sell.

This is like the vinyl community as well.

Wish this was on the 'bone.
Gameboy415
Member
(10-08-2015, 02:36 AM)
Gameboy415's Avatar
This is a really great idea and I'm looking forward to buying whatever games they're able to release in the future! :D
LimitedRunGames
Member
(10-08-2015, 02:59 AM)
LimitedRunGames's Avatar
Glad everyone is excited!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
Shizuka
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:26 AM)
Shizuka's Avatar
I'm loving that $12 international shipping. Can you confirm if it has a tracking code with it?
fernoca
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:32 AM)
fernoca's Avatar

Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames

Glad everyone is excited!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

I'm making a cake tomorrow, but is blue. Was thinking vanilla frosting would be a good fit, any suggestions? Want to make it...different.





:p
Great concept. Hopefully thinkgs work out well. Would love it expanded across more platforms.
sixteen-bit
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:33 AM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by autoduelist

TxK!

Yes!
Cormano
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:36 AM)
Cormano's Avatar
Hopefully I can get a copy.

Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames

Glad everyone is excited!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Are you limiting one copy per account/email to avoid scalpers?
Last edited by Cormano; 10-08-2015 at 03:38 AM.
LimitedRunGames
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:36 AM)
LimitedRunGames's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shizuka

I'm loving that $12 international shipping. Can you confirm if it has a tracking code with it?

I can't confirm if international shipping will just yet, it may depend on the country.

Originally Posted by fernoca

I'm making a cake tomorrow, but is blue. Was thinking vanilla frosting would be a good fit, any suggestions? Want to make it...different.





:p
Great concept. Hopefully thinkgs work out well. Would love it expanded across more platforms.

I always liked butter creme frosting personally. Or maybe a cream cheese frosting! Now I want cake...
Dragonslayer_023
Banned
(10-08-2015, 03:37 AM)
Never would I have bought Breach and Clear, but since there's only 1500....

Some other cool ones would be Velocity, Resogun, Axiom Verge.

Edit: Since B&C is going physical, maybe add a platinum? Nudge nudge.
Last edited by Dragonslayer_023; 10-08-2015 at 03:41 AM.
Infernal Monkey
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:39 AM)
Infernal Monkey's Avatar
Best of luck with this, LimitedRunGames! There's huge potential here. I'd be up for pretty much any physical release on Vita. =3
LimitedRunGames
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:39 AM)
LimitedRunGames's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dragonslayer_023

Never would I have bought Breach and Clear, but since there's only 1500....

Some other cool ones would be Velocity, Resogun, Axiom Verge.

We would love to do those games! Who knows, maybe one day we will! :D
GKSilKamina
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:44 AM)
GKSilKamina's Avatar
I love the idea but I'm kind of scared of the tiny print runs. Is it going to be limited to one per customer or are they going to make it so some guy can swoop in and take 50 copies for himself for reselling?
LimitedRunGames
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:47 AM)
LimitedRunGames's Avatar

Originally Posted by GKSilKamina

I love the idea but I'm kind of scared of the tiny print runs. Is it going to be limited to one per customer or are they going to make it so some guy can swoop in and take 50 copies for himself for reselling?

We want to make it as fair as possible. We will have restrictions in place so that everyone has a chance to get one. Future games may have larger print runs. :)
autoduelist
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:48 AM)
autoduelist's Avatar

Originally Posted by YianGaruga

wtf?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266130/
85% positive reviews on Steam

and "scam collectors"? are you serious?

It saddens me that people [cough] will come into threads like this where someone is printing physical for those that love it and try to shit it up.

Anyway, unlike Man God, who consistently trash talks games games he hasn't played... I've actually played B&C... a lot. I've 5 starred most missions... not just once, but twice, first on Steam and then on Vita. And it's fun. Perfect? Nope. Slightly mobile and/or budget feeling at times? A little [maybe even more than a little]. Buggy? A couple crashes here and there [though it sounds like there will be a patch, which is nice). But it's fun. Fun enough that I've bought and played it twice, at least.

I've reviewed it in the PSN/Vita thread before, but basically it's a realistic-skinned Frozen Synapse with light RPG elements (you can pick classes each with a diverse skill set, level up your squad to lvl 30, put points in various stats, buy new weapons/gear.

Combat is turn based like FS is (all units move at once), though it's missing some basic features that FS and Door Kickers have (you can't sync units on a door easily, for example - units will move along the waypoints you set continuously with no way to easily time stacking them). But if you're into those games, and are looking to scratch that same itch, this is still worth a shot. Tons of content... if I remember correctly, there are 5 'areas' (Germany, Columbia, etc) each with... 5 maps I think. Each map has 3 different types of missions and difficultly ranges from easy to very, very difficult.

The game isn't perfect, and its brethren (Frozen Synapse and Door Kickers, specifically) are technically better games. But that doesn't mean this one isn't fun if you're into the genre and don't mind forgiving some of it's shortcomings.

For playing purposes, I'd recommend just getting it digitally. For collecting, well, obviously, that's why people are in this thread.
Last edited by autoduelist; 10-08-2015 at 03:50 AM.
outunderthestars
Attracted to bright lights
(10-08-2015, 03:50 AM)
outunderthestars's Avatar

Originally Posted by Robert at Zeboyd Games

*whistles* :)


I would happily pay $40 for CSH in a physical form.


Breach and Clear will be my first physical Vita game, just to support people trying to do cool shit on the Vita platform.
LimitedRunGames
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:51 AM)
LimitedRunGames's Avatar

Originally Posted by autoduelist

It saddens me that people [cough] will come into threads like this where someone is printing physical for those that love it and try to shit it up.

Anyway, unlike Man God, who consistently trash talks games games he hasn't played... I've actually played B&C... a lot. I've 5 starred most missions... not just once, but twice, first on Steam and then on Vita. And it's fun. Perfect? Nope. Slightly mobile and/or budget feeling at times? A little [maybe even more than a little]. Buggy? A couple crashes here and there [though it sounds like there will be a patch, which is nice). But it's fun. Fun enough that I've bought and played it twice, at least.

I've reviewed it in the PSN/Vita thread before, but basically it's a realistic-skinned Frozen Synapse with light RPG elements (you can pick classes each with a diverse skill set, level up your squad to lvl 30, put points in various stats, buy new weapons/gear.

Combat is turn based like FS is (all units move at once), though it's missing some basic features that FS and Door Kickers have (you can't sync units on a door easily, for example - units will move along the waypoints you set continuously with no way to easily time stacking them). But if you're into those games, and are looking to scratch that same itch, this is still worth a shot. Tons of content... if I remember correctly, there are 5 'areas' (Germany, Columbia, etc) each with... 5 maps I think. Each map has 3 different types of missions and difficultly ranges from easy to very, very difficult.

The game isn't perfect, and it's brethren (Frozen Synapse and Door Kickers, specifically) are technically better games. But that doesn't mean this one isn't fun if you're into the genre and don't mind forgiving some of it's shortcomings.

For playing purposes, I'd recommend just getting it digitally. For collecting, well, obviously, that's why people are in this thread.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game despite finding some shortcomings!
GKSilKamina
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:51 AM)
GKSilKamina's Avatar

Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames

We want to make it as fair as possible. We will have restrictions in place so that everyone has a chance to get one. Future games may have larger print runs. :)

Great to hear. Thank you!
LimitedRunGames
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:53 AM)
LimitedRunGames's Avatar

Originally Posted by GKSilKamina

Great to hear. Thank you!

You're very welcome! :D
Shizuka
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:55 AM)
Shizuka's Avatar
One thing, which can be both a good or bad thing, depending on the point of view, is the huge presence of japanese games on the Vita. Are you willing to deal with overseas publishers that published their games DD-only in the West, like Agatsuma with Sayonara Umihara Kawase Plus?
LimitedRunGames
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:57 AM)
LimitedRunGames's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

It's got a much lower rating on metacritic for the Vita version.

Quite honestly we made some really stupid decisions regarding text size that really hurt our review scores. Those issues are significantly alleviated in the physical version. We're not trying to sell snake oil here - Breach & Clear is a proof of concept for Limited Run. If it sells out, we'll have the numbers we need to get other developers excited and on board. The print run is actually below Sony's minimum order quantity for Vita. We pushed for it to be that low because we understand the game isn't for everyone.

We actually don't even really make much from the game. We built it for our friends at Gun Media as a work for hire project. It's done really well for them and we're proud of what we built but we personally see very, very, insignificant returns on the game. We would be absolutely failing at scamming here if that was our intent because we stand to gain very little from this release outside of credibility - and if we were out to scam people we wouldn't really get much of that, would we? :)

We want Limited Run Games to be a thing until physical media dies. This is not a flash in the pan thing for us. We love physical games and want to help make more of them a reality.

Thanks for the support everyone!
LimitedRunGames
Member
(10-08-2015, 03:59 AM)
LimitedRunGames's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shizuka

One thing, which can be both a good or bad thing, depending on the point of view, is the huge presence of japanese games on the Vita. Are you willing to deal with overseas publishers that published their games DD-only in the West, like Agatsuma with Sayonara Umihara Kawase Plus?

Great question! As we are huge fans of Japanese games, we would love to publish some! It's something we have discussed for the future and is a possibility.

Hopefully one day we can! :D
chaosblade
Member
(10-08-2015, 04:02 AM)
chaosblade's Avatar
CSH would be neat, but I'm getting the PC version so I'd rather not have a physical copy.

Off the top of my head the only game I'd want this for is FAST Racing Neo but that's a Wii U game so it probably isn't happening. Can't think of any other console/portable-exclusive, digital-only games I want.

That said, I really like the idea behind this. Much prefer physical games on consoles.

Thread Tools