• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

MisterHero
(05-24-2016, 11:30 PM)
Hai gaiz what if the good guys were bad guys? lololol

stories like that that don't involve body switches are just disappointing
Volimar
(05-24-2016, 11:32 PM)
That's dumb and takes away all the good that Cap has done in fighting them. What kind of bullshit master plan was that?

Dumb.
Dalek
(05-24-2016, 11:32 PM)
I'm now remembering that there was that dropped plotline from Remender's run where Misty Knight told Sam that there were infiltrated Hydra agents at every level - even one on every Superhero team. Maybe they're picking that back up.
Toxi
(05-24-2016, 11:33 PM)
Modern Superdickery: Now it's on the last page of the first issue, not the cover.
wamberz1
(05-24-2016, 11:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Coffee Dog

I think people are making a much bigger deal out of this than it is. This is the end of the first chapter of many with a twist ending to draw the reader in, this will most likely get wrapped up in a few issues. this is what comics do.

Exactly. Batman and robin eternal #1 ended with a flashback where Batman murders a child's parents.
GUESS WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
Toxi
(05-24-2016, 11:37 PM)
If this sticks for more than one issue, this is totally gonna be Superior Captain America in all but name, isn't it?
Proteus
BOSS
(05-24-2016, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Mudcrab

Gotta be a swerve it just has to be.

It obviously is.

From the panic that brought you "Oh noes, Superior Spider-Man will ruin everything." A.K.A. people who don't understand how comic books work.
henhowc
(05-24-2016, 11:47 PM)
heh...according to keikaku all along.

Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(05-24-2016, 11:48 PM)
It's Cap's time to be crossed

Jotaka
(05-24-2016, 11:48 PM)
and in few issues later all is back to normal... meh
mreddie
(05-24-2016, 11:49 PM)
Remember, this shit is temporary at best.

Last edited by mreddie; 05-24-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Isak_Borg
(05-24-2016, 11:49 PM)
Ummm...

The outhouse is the onion of comics but we'll see tomorrow.
MisterHero
(05-24-2016, 11:50 PM)

Originally Posted by henhowc

heh...according to keikaku all along.

is there an image in that quote because I can't see it
Dalek
(05-24-2016, 11:52 PM)

Originally Posted by mreddie

Remember, this shit is temporary at best.

Did they ever even resolve Superior Iron Man or did it just get swept under the rug? Was there ever a "cure" for Tony's asshole illness?
water_wendi
Water is not wet!
(05-24-2016, 11:53 PM)
Hasnt this already been a thing? i remember something like this from the comics in the 90s.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(05-24-2016, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Octavianus

I feel like this gif has never been more appropriate

This is me right now.

Whaaaaaaat?!

Nick better make good on this.
henhowc
(05-24-2016, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by MisterHero

is there an image in that quote because I can't see it

hmm i see it in my browser...just your standard death note image where that sub-title translation is pulled from
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(05-24-2016, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Dalek

Did they ever even resolve Superior Iron Man or did it just get swept under the rug? Was there ever a "cure" for Tony's asshole illness?

Doc Ock realized only Peter could be Spiderman handed the keys back over
mreddie
(05-24-2016, 11:57 PM)

All we know is that Superior Tony was key to his dickery in Hickman Avengers and once the world rebooted...*SHRUG*

Again, Temporary. Spencer is playing a big game, just hope this doesn't become a half assed reveal that HYDRA BRAINWASHED HIM OUTTA NOWHERE.

Originally Posted by water_wendi

Hasnt this already been a thing? i remember something like this from the comics in the 90s.

Sblargh
(05-25-2016, 12:02 AM)

It got resolved the best way possible, in my opinion, the anti-hero no-nonsense badass spiderman is defeated because being a fascist hero means that a fascist villain can just pull the rug under you. Also because you can't take Peter Parker's heart out of spiderman.
I enjoyed the entire superior run, beggining to end.
Dali
(05-25-2016, 12:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Hero

You make a spoiler thread but don't actually spoil it?

My thoughts exactly. I read the spoiler tagged bit in the like "ok so he's gonna make me click the link." Click the link and was like "I know spike knows what a spoiler is."
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(05-25-2016, 12:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Slayven

Originally Posted by Sblargh

It got resolved the best way possible, in my opinion, the anti-hero no-nonsense badass spiderman is defeated because being a fascist hero means that a fascist villain can just pull the rug under you. Also because you can't take Peter Parker's heart out of spiderman.
I enjoyed the entire superior run, beggining to end.

He's asking about Superior Iron Man.
Mudcrab
(05-25-2016, 12:04 AM)

Why would you wish this on Cap?
Froli
(05-25-2016, 12:04 AM)
I don't know anymore
ElBoxyBrown
(05-25-2016, 12:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Isak_Borg

Ummm...

The outhouse is the onion of comics but we'll see tomorrow.

They mostly write factual stuff filtered through their satirical writing. They were one of first comic news sites to report about the DC Comics Berganza controversy.
Dalek

Iron Man-not Spidey
Parallax
best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

it will be interesting to see if marvel can double down on the stupid.

theres nothing to cure. he is what he is
brochiller
Seems beyond stupid
Isak_Borg
(05-25-2016, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

They mostly write about what's factual through their satirical writing. They were one of first comic news sites to report about the DC Comics Berganza controversy.

We'll see.

I'm highly skeptical of this but who knows.
Frostinferno
(05-25-2016, 12:16 AM)
That 4chan link isn't working for me. Any other ways to see the panel?
Ri'Orius
(05-25-2016, 12:21 AM)
So as an aside: what's the deal with Hydra? I feel like I've read more comics than the average Gaffer, but it seems like Hydra has no goals or motivations other than to be expendable bad guys. AoS has the trapped Inhuman on the moon thing, which was kinda lame but at least it was something. But in the comics, like, what's their goal? What's their ideology? Surely the random "Hail Hydra! When one head dies two more take its place!" henchmen who get killed in scores aren't just doing if for the paycheck, right?
Chiaroscuro
(05-25-2016, 12:22 AM)
W.H.A.T.????
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(05-25-2016, 12:24 AM)

Those are a lot of constipated faces.
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(05-25-2016, 12:25 AM)
This is dumb.
Coriolanus
(05-25-2016, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Ri'Orius

So as an aside: what's the deal with Hydra? I feel like I've read more comics than the average Gaffer, but it seems like Hydra has no goals or motivations other than to be expendable bad guys. AoS has the trapped Inhuman on the moon thing, which was kinda lame but at least it was something. But in the comics, like, what's their goal? What's their ideology? Surely the random "Hail Hydra! When one head dies two more take its place!" henchmen who get killed in scores aren't just doing if for the paycheck, right?

Current? Running the world.

They did it for quite a while, too.
CreeperBlocks
(05-25-2016, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by The Jackdog

this is the spoiler, for those that dont want to search it out

uhhh obvious spoiler warning
On the last page of Captain America: Steve Rogers #1, Steve Rogers says: "Hail Hydra." Apparently, he's been Hydra all along, brought into the organization as a child by his mother.

Is this a work?
Dysun
(05-25-2016, 12:27 AM)
not surprised

Most of Marvel's writing talent has left of late, time for gimmicks
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(05-25-2016, 12:28 AM)

Originally Posted by CreeperBlocks

Is this a work?

A longcon.
Metroidvania
People called Romanes they go the house?
(05-25-2016, 12:34 AM)
This....is some dumb fucking shit, swerve or not.
Parallax
(05-25-2016, 12:35 AM)
I have a funny feeling this is a chance to bring Ian back.
Machine
(05-25-2016, 12:36 AM)
Red Skull transferring his consciousness into Xavier's brain is one of the most annoying things Marvel has done in ages. I'm sure that will be part of the explanation.
Dalek
(05-25-2016, 12:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Machine

Red Skull transferring his consciousness into Xavier's brain is one of the most annoying things Marvel has done in ages. I'm sure that will be part of the explanation.

And that's still going on. I thought for sure that was going to be swept under the rug soon enough..
flaxknuckles
(05-25-2016, 12:41 AM)

Which was bull because if Doc had better firewall software on his bots he would be a tremendously more efficient Spidey. And Peter right now is using technology and getting his stuff hacked by villains so I don't get why that was used as a way to show that Doc wasn't capable of being the Superior Spideyman.

Originally Posted by Parallax

theres nothing to cure. he is what he is

But I thought he was Axised in Superior Iron-Man so he wasn't in control of his actions?
Sunset Samurai
(05-25-2016, 12:42 AM)

Originally Posted by The Jackdog

this is the spoiler, for those that dont want to search it out

uhhh obvious spoiler warning
On the last page of Captain America: Steve Rogers #1, Steve Rogers says: "Hail Hydra." Apparently, he's been Hydra all along, brought into the organization as a child by his mother.

......Well Shit!
Aureon
Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
(05-25-2016, 12:42 AM)

Originally Posted by The Silver

that kind of twist is practically impossible for superhero comics because of their very nature of having to exist for decades and being handled by various writers. You just have to view each writers take on a character(s) as its own "self contained" thing.

Like Hickman's run through FF, Ultimates, and Avengers can have those kind of twists when just looking at his run but it won't be the case if you look at in the lens of the entire history of FF/Avengers.

That's exactly why i'm saying to reset the character (But not the IP, obviously) every time the writer changes.
Twists have to be planted. Else they're not twists, they're retcons - and that means you can't change backstory written in the 80s.. so be it? There's a reason they reboot things every now and then.
Cindi Mayweather
(05-25-2016, 12:47 AM)
What the fuck? This is beyond stupid.
IdreamofHIME
(05-25-2016, 12:48 AM)
I love it. I kept hoping they'd do something like that in the movies. Not Cap, but Rhodey being Hydra to keep tabs on Tony would've been cool.
AxelFoley
(05-25-2016, 12:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Fandangox

#Tonywasright

Why Stark look like Adam Driver here?
Parallax
(05-25-2016, 12:53 AM)

Originally Posted by flaxknuckles

Which was bull because if Doc had better firewall software on his bots he would be a tremendously more efficient Spidey. And Peter right now is using technology and getting his stuff hacked by villains so I don't get why that was used as a way to show that Doc wasn't capable of being the Superior Spideyman.

Ock was in over his head. And when Norman came around and pretty much laughed in his face while he burned his kingdom down he knew it. He was a coward. And no amount of technical advancements was gonna change that

Originally Posted by flaxknuckles

But I thought he was Axised in Superior Iron-Man so he wasn't in control of his actions?

The joke is that inverted stark is the same character as regular stark. That's why the stark brain scan went rogue.
Pop-O-Matic
(05-25-2016, 12:57 AM)
Nice try, Marvel, but DC really reached for the brass ring this week and deserves the crown for "Dumbest Plot Development of the Last 3 Months"

Watch them reveal that Tony is still under Kang's control just to double down on the fuckery.
Last edited by Pop-O-Matic; 05-25-2016 at 12:59 AM.