• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

rockman zx
(05-25-2016, 07:36 PM)

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

So this won't have Xrd's story mode?

No, there is a small recap at the beginning but you miss a lot of stuff.

Already beat the story mode in Revelator, 2h 30m, I liked it but is a dick move to give us only half of the story now and the rest later.
Eolz
(05-25-2016, 07:36 PM)
0:52 and 1:02 that didn't see the Dizzy silhouette in the second trailer and 2:06 in the long console trailer. Nothing else officially I think, apart maybe a Famitsu scan.
brinstar
(05-25-2016, 07:46 PM)

Originally Posted by rockman zx

Already beat the story mode in Revelator, 2h 30m, I liked it but is a dick move to give us only half of the story now and the rest later.

any.... any chance of you ripping Raven's theme? ;w;
Grim Patron
(05-25-2016, 07:49 PM)
I played about 10 hours in total of Xrd Sign but buying this because of the OP. Not gonna lie. lol.
OrochiJR
(05-25-2016, 07:52 PM)
Will the three DLC characters be available at launch or are they released afterwards? Any word on what they will cost?
Phoenix944
(05-25-2016, 07:55 PM)
I'm still playing GG Xrd but I'll buy that one next month!

I have a question about the online, is it region locked like Xrd ?
Asd202
(05-25-2016, 07:56 PM)

Originally Posted by rockman zx

But it will be free right?
MisterLuffy
(05-25-2016, 08:00 PM)
I have never played Guilty Gear XRD. How's the game and the learning curve? Will there be a physical copy of REVELATOR that's coming out in US or is it only digital?
Korigama
(05-25-2016, 08:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Sayad

Apparently, you can unlock Elphelt's old outfit!

Certainly would be welcome.

Originally Posted by OrochiJR

Will the three DLC characters be available at launch or are they released afterwards? Any word on what they will cost?

According to the OP, NA players will be able to download Kum Haehyun, Raven, and the Eclipse Set character color pack for free from June 7th to the 21st, with it being possible to share DLC between PS3 and PS4 versions. Nothing mentioned by Arc about how Dizzy's release will be handled for any given territory as of yet.

Based on how they handled things with Elphelt back in -SIGN-, who was free to NA players for a month when that launched, you'll probably wind up paying $8 for Kum if you miss getting her for free, and probably less for Raven since he can be unlocked in-game (much like Sin back in the previous game).

Originally Posted by MisterLuffy

I have never played Guilty Gear XRD. How's the game and the learning curve? Will there be a physical copy of REVELATOR that's coming out in US or is it only digital?

Xrd -SIGN-'s quite good. Fairly simple to learn the basics with a wide variety of characters to suit individual playstyle preferences, with some characters (i.e., Ky) easier to pick up than others (i.e., Zato-1). US release will be physical and digital, PS4 version going for $59.99 and PS3 for $49.99, which were also the prices for Xrd- SIGN- at launch.
Last edited by Korigama; 05-25-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Slaythe
(05-25-2016, 10:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Phoenix944

I'm still playing GG Xrd but I'll buy that one next month!

I have a question about the online, is it region locked like Xrd ?

Xrd was not region locked, therefore Revelator is not region locked either.

What happened is that they released a broken european version that was not updated. So that version of the game couldn't play with players with the updated version.

That won't happen again this time, for Europe.
Abstrusity
(05-25-2016, 10:37 PM)
No Baiken no buy. She's coincidentally the only one I'm good at, historically.
Slaythe
(05-25-2016, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Abstrusity

No Baiken no buy. She's coincidentally the only one I'm good at, historically.

Karsticles
(05-25-2016, 10:53 PM)
Wow, has Baiken always been that busty?! O.o
Tizoc
(05-25-2016, 10:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Slaythe

Boo
Baiken didn't need to have her sexy upped >=/
LongDongJunon
(05-25-2016, 11:03 PM)
Im fairly positive Baiken's jubblies have always been prominently and freely flopping about throughout the series.
Amani
(05-25-2016, 11:04 PM)

Yep, Bike's pretty much been that size from the get go. The HOT 3D FIGHTING ACTION just makes 'em look bigger.

More importantly, yay or nay on the eyepatch?
wuth
(05-25-2016, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by LongDongJunon

Im fairly positive Baiken's jubblies have always been prominently and freely flopping about throughout the series.

Yup. Now if they gave her a short skit and made it fly over her head every time she jumped, then I'd say we've lost the character.
SoldnerKei
(05-25-2016, 11:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Amani

More importantly, yay or nay on the eyepatch?

nay for me, I always loved the eye scar. Good thing she is somewhat in, wouldn't mind her as DLC tbh.

And yeah, Baiken has always been fem Kenshin with big bwebs, no surprise. Kinda dig this design, except the eyepatch of course.
Skilletor
(05-25-2016, 11:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Karsticles

Slaythe
(05-25-2016, 11:16 PM)
This is for you Baiken lovers.

Bonus :

Last edited by Slaythe; 05-25-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Tizoc
(05-25-2016, 11:17 PM)
Yessssss
His eyes see into your soul
Karsticles
(05-25-2016, 11:18 PM)
Now where's my Raven training mode info? :-O

Originally Posted by Skilletor

Well there you go. She also seems prettier - I've never taken Baiken to be a pretty girl, but more of a hardened mature woman.
wwm0nkey
(05-25-2016, 11:19 PM)
OH SHIT! I'm full hype right now!
Skilletor
(05-25-2016, 11:19 PM)

Now where's my Raven training mode info? :-O

Well there you go. She also seems prettier - I've never taken Baiken to be a pretty girl, but more of a hardened mature woman.

Same, especially with her pretty deep, grizzled voice.

Probably won't see her until the next update, though. :/
Slaythe
(05-25-2016, 11:21 PM)
That's Baiken.

She was always pretty.
bagandscalpel
(05-25-2016, 11:21 PM)

This is for you Baiken lovers.

Nice that Robo Ky is still wearing the original Ky outfit.

But he's still going to be confused for the real one, isn't he?

Not sure what to feel about Baiken's new mint-chocolate palette.
Skilletor
(05-25-2016, 11:27 PM)

That's Baiken.

She was always pretty.

Is that official art?

I wouldn't say she's ugly, but I wouldn't call her pretty.
brinstar
(05-25-2016, 11:35 PM)
The GG characters have been depicted in all sorts of manners over the years. The Xrd style just makes everyone look sleek and pretty.
Slaythe
(05-25-2016, 11:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Skilletor

Is that official art?

I wouldn't say she's ugly, but I wouldn't call her pretty.

Nobody looked as good with that artstyle, Ky looked rather bad. And Ky was never meant to look bad.

Yes my picture is official art.

gundamkyoukai
(05-25-2016, 11:40 PM)

God i am so fucking happy right now .
Can't wait for them to her playable .
ShadowSoldier89
(05-25-2016, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by brinstar

The GG characters have been depicted in all sorts of manners over the years. The Xrd style just makes everyone look sleek and pretty.

yea, Xrd just has an extra sheen to it. Baiken looks mostly the same, but the shininess modifies it a bit, as does the eyepatch instead of the scar
Master Milk
(05-25-2016, 11:42 PM)
i bet taking the eyepatch off will be dlc

if not, riots in the street
ShadowSoldier89
(05-25-2016, 11:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Master Milk

not like you can get rid of Millia's hat
Slaythe
(05-25-2016, 11:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Master Milk

It's not gonna happen.

They mimic the left side over to the right side, as if it were 2D.

Sin has that issue, his eyepatch keeps changing sides.
Eolz
(05-25-2016, 11:54 PM)
Oh well, I guess there's no need for spoilers now :p
tintin1029
(05-25-2016, 11:56 PM)
Can't wait to pay another 60$ just to play as Baiken :/
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(05-25-2016, 11:58 PM)
Hmmm, man I really want this after completing Sign's story mode and really enjoying it (better than a lot of anime!).

Kind of disappointed to hear Rev's story is 1/2 the length of Sign's and 1/2 a story. Sign was a nice complete story. That combined with Baiken being pretty much confirmed for entry in the next game, almost makes me want to skip this one and pick up the next.

Will still get it, but man even Dizzy not being available day 1 is a bummer since she's the one new character I'm looking forward to in Rev as she was one of my mains in XX. Hope we don't have to wait too long.
wwm0nkey
(05-26-2016, 12:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Hmmm, man I really want this after completing Sign's story mode and really enjoying it (better than a lot of anime!).

Kind of disappointed to hear Rev's story is 1/2 the length of Sign's and 1/2 a story. Sign was a nice complete story. That combined with Baiken being pretty much confirmed for entry in the next game, almost makes me want to skip this one and pick up the next.

Will still get it, but man even Dizzy not being available day 1 is a bummer since she's the one new character I'm looking forward to in Rev as she was one of my mains in XX. Hope we don't have to wait too long.

The other half of the story is going to be free DLC
Master Milk
(05-26-2016, 12:04 AM)

Originally Posted by ShadowSoldier89

not like you can get rid of Millia's hat

millia's hat serves a purpose

It's not gonna happen.

They mimic the left side over to the right side, as if it were 2D.

Sin has that issue, his eyepatch keeps changing sides.

no one wants patchless sin

dlc or riots in the street
Slaythe
(05-26-2016, 12:05 AM)
May I know why people complain about that half story ?

You're gonna get the next part of the story FOR FREE later.

It's not like you need it day one to enjoy it ?

It's not even interactive it's literally like an anime OAV. The game has a ton of content anyway.

I'm not saying you shouldn't care about the story, but you ARE getting the full thing anyway. Just not instantly. And you do get half of it right now unlike SFV.

Also, this is a niche game. Yes we have to pay 60 bucks again for the new revisions, but the quality in the title is literally outstanding, they're one of the rare companies that still put out this kind of content, with that quality, so sadly the only thing we can do is support it.

For instance, this won't have an english dub. Because Sign bombed overseas. And the european release nightmare didn't help. (overpriced, over half a year late, broken and outdated never patched)
Akainu
(05-26-2016, 12:09 AM)
I was just wondering did anyone get the reference of Johnny being revealed in revelator?
JayEH
(05-26-2016, 12:14 AM)

It's not even interactive it's literally like an anime OAV. The game has a ton of content anyway.

I'm not saying you shouldn't care about the story, but you ARE getting the full thing anyway. Just not instantly. And you do get half of it right now unlike SFV.

Also, this is a niche game. Yes we have to pay 60 bucks again for the new revisions, but the quality in the title is literally outstanding, they're one of the rare companies that still put out this kind of content, with that quality, so sadly the only thing we can do is support it.

For instance, this won't have an english dub. Because Sign bombed overseas. And the european release nightmare didn't help. (overpriced, over half a year late, broken and outdated never patched)

I wasn't aware this wouldn't have a dub. That's disappointing it was good. Wasn't aware that sign bombed but I guess that explains why you can still buy the limited edition directly from Amazon lol.
SolarPowered
(05-26-2016, 12:20 AM)

I don't think so but May called her breasts ridiculous in Accent Core. Pretty sure she said Johnny would go crazy for them too.
omnislayer
(05-26-2016, 12:23 AM)
Awesome. I can't wait for this.
Korigama
(05-26-2016, 12:24 AM)

First I've heard of there not being an English dub (wouldn't be even remotely surprised about the game bombing in the US, though, given how limited the shipments already were at launch). I would've sooner expected them not to bother with another dub based on just how poorly one in -SIGN- turned out, which was quite surprising given how well Aksys have handled the ones for BlazBlue.
Bebpo
(05-26-2016, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

The other half of the story is going to be free DLC

Oh, I didn't know this. Weird. Is it just not finished? I'm ok with this I guess. Hope it comes out in a reasonable time. Might hold off on watching the story mode until it's done and just play the gameplay.

Also, c'mon, Robo-Ky before all the good original characters we're still missing like Zappa? Hmmm, maybe it's because I don't use Robo-Ky so he just seems like a joke clone and waste of a slot.
Korigama
(05-26-2016, 12:28 AM)

Oh, I didn't know this. Weird. Is it just not finished? I'm ok with this I guess. Hope it comes out in a reasonable time. Might hold off on watching the story mode until it's done and just play the gameplay.

Also, c'mon, Robo-Ky before all the good original characters we're still missing like Zappa? Hmmm, maybe it's because I don't use Robo-Ky so he just seems like a joke clone and waste of a slot.

They already showed Zappa (decided against spoiler tagging this detail, since it already said it in the title for that thread).

http://neogaf.site/forum/showthread.php?t=1207350
brinstar
(05-26-2016, 12:32 AM)

Robo-Ky doesn't play anything like Ky. He's hilarious yeah, but he's been a unique character since Reload.
Bebpo
(05-26-2016, 12:33 AM)
Yesssssss

Dizzy/Zappa/Baiken were my mains in XX, so I should be real happy by the next entry.

Wait, Zappa looks really...boring? Wtf, I hope his design is way better when he's playable.
tintin1029
(05-26-2016, 12:33 AM)

Sign's dub was kind of shit for the most part, so no big deal on that. Sucks that it bombed though.