• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Camwi
(07-15-2016, 01:34 PM)
I'm glad they're remaking the movie. The original was pure garbage when you watch it as an adult.

Tim Curry was great, though.
Jamesways
(07-15-2016, 01:37 PM)
Who's playing the cosmic turtle?
Corronchilejano
(07-15-2016, 01:53 PM)
My preferred reveal would've been an entirely non threatening pose.
AntChum
(07-15-2016, 02:24 PM)
Of course Tim Curry's Pennywise seems the creepier one; his entire portrayal has had 26 years to embed itself in our collective psyche. All we have of this new iteration is a promotional image. IMO, he looks just as much like a clown as Tim Curry did, and that is all I can reasonably conclude from the image.
retroman
(07-15-2016, 03:10 PM)
I did a google image search for creepiest clown ever.

The 'evil' looking ones tried too hard to look scary, which automatically makes them not scary at all. The most unsettling ones are the clowns that look just a bit 'off':

I think they're scarier because their intent is unknown, and the fear of the unknown is stronger than the fear of a one-dimensional, obviously evil murderous clown from hell.

Let's hope the creators of this remake realize this.
Last edited by retroman; 07-15-2016 at 03:39 PM.
ElFly
(07-15-2016, 03:13 PM)
Google will only be perfected once the GIS for "creepy clown" and "clown" return the exact same images.
iPaul93
(03-21-2017, 01:12 AM)
There's a new pic of Pennywise in the latest empire magazine.I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here,so here's the link :
https://www.facebook.com/StephenKing...type=3&theater
Dead Man
I got d 2 tha eepdicked
d-e-e-p-d-i-c-k-e-d
(03-21-2017, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by iPaul93

There's a new pic of Pennywise in the latest empire magazine.I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here,so here's the link :

I hate it. He's supposed to look friendly and goofy to lure kids, that's why he's so scary, not because he looks scary.
Erv
(03-21-2017, 02:19 AM)
Not really scary but it will come down to how he sounds and acts too
Yaboosh
Super Sleuth
(03-21-2017, 02:30 AM)

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

I love Pennywise just cause he doesn't understand how fucked up the shit he does is in the context of hunting his prey. Like, you're a clown in a fucking sewer, dude.

I like this post.
Hero_of_the_Day
(03-21-2017, 02:35 AM)

Originally Posted by iPaul93

LOL. He's so friendly looking, who wouldn't stick their arm down there!?
hokahey
(03-21-2017, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by retroman

I did a google image search for creepiest clown ever.

The 'evil' looking ones tried too hard to look scary, which automatically makes them not scary at all. The most unsettling ones are the clowns that look just a bit 'off':

I think they're scarier because their intent is unknown, and the fear of the unknown is stronger than the fear of a one-dimensional, obviously evil murderous clown from hell.

Let's hope the creators of this remake realize this.

This is such a great post. And exactly why the best horror movies never tell you why horrible things are happening. Like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The unknown is always worse.