• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Craft
(10-06-2016, 10:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Since they are banned, I just ordered on Game UK instead. Game UK is also responsible for the official Nintendo UK store, right? So they should be somewhat safe?

I believe they are part of the Hut group (Zavvi, the Hut).
You should be OK with Game, but they have had a few blunders with Nintendo pre-orders over the last couple of years

http://www.geek.com/games/uk-retaile...rders-1633363/
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/truckload-s...ictims-1503184.
I'm sure something happened to the Wolly World pre-order but I can't find a link to it now

People on here have also had problems with preorder bonuses going missing too.
Last edited by Craft; 10-06-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Adding some links
Auxiliary Bro
(10-06-2016, 11:17 AM)
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I got real tempted by the Odin Sphere offer for Vita on PSN. Only thing is... I'd really like to have the physical copy on the PS4 since the cover art is gorgeous, it'd be great to see that on my shelf. It's about 30 quid more on Amazon still though, and I'm not sure if it's the type of game where physical copies are rare and won't show signs of lowering price.

Anyone got any clue on this? I don't even know if there's been any good sales on the physical copy in the past, but if there's a chance then I'd rather wait.
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-06-2016, 11:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Auxiliary Bro

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I got real tempted by the Odin Sphere offer for Vita on PSN. Only thing is... I'd really like to have the physical copy on the PS4 since the cover art is gorgeous, it'd be great to see that on my shelf. It's about 30 quid more on Amazon still though, and I'm not sure if it's the type of game where physical copies are rare and won't show signs of lowering price.

Anyone got any clue on this? I don't even know if there's been any good sales on the physical copy in the past, but if there's a chance then I'd rather wait.

Hard to say with NISA games, but usually you will not see major pricedrops except for local clearance sales or something.

Checking earlier PS4 releases, Digaea is still £30+, even Akiba's Trip is still £25 and that's 1 1/2 years old. But the games also hold their resale value if you want to get rid of them again later.

If you want cheap NISA games digital sales are your best option.
Auxiliary Bro
(10-06-2016, 11:32 AM)

Originally Posted by YianGaruga

Hard to say with NISA games, but usually you will not see major pricedrops except for local clearance sales or something.

Checking earlier PS4 releases, Digaea is still £30+, even Akiba's Trip is still £25 and that's 1 1/2 years old. But the games also hold their resale value if you want to get rid of them again later.

If you want cheap NISA games digital sales are your best option.

Ah... Yeah, I see what you mean. Alright, thank you kindly for the perspective! I think I'll go digital after all. The game's the most important thing and the cover is looking more like a luxury I can't afford.
Craft
(10-06-2016, 02:45 PM)
Currently the best ever price for TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS #FE (WII U) at £29.95
http://www.thegamecollection.net/tok...-fe-wii-u.html
be quick it's a flash deal.
Podge293
(10-06-2016, 02:48 PM)
Not sure if this is the best place to post but it's me tryna be cheap and I'm in Europe so yeah.

Is there any US parcel motel equivalent? Getting game related items from the US but some don't post to Ireland so need a parcel motel like solution
TheMoon
(10-06-2016, 03:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Podge293

Not sure if this is the best place to post but it's me tryna be cheap and I'm in Europe so yeah.

Is there any US parcel motel equivalent? Getting game related items from the US but some don't post to Ireland so need a parcel motel like solution

There definitely is. But I don't know any of them. Someone here will, though. Just wanted to give you the heads up that this is a thing :D
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-06-2016, 03:55 PM)
Does anyone know any twitter accounts/bots that quickly and reliably post deals? Specifically UK/Online/Console, but a few other mixed in wouldn't be a problem.

Basically Wario64 for the UK.

And I mean actual deals, not "10 year old PC game for £2" or "this pre-order is £1 cheaper than everywhere else". Savygamer for example is way too spammy for my taste. Once there is some bigger sale every game gets its own tweet and turns my timeline into garbage
Last edited by YianGaruga; 10-06-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Morfeo
The Chuck Norris of Peace
(10-06-2016, 04:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Craft

Already sold out :(
Morfeo
(10-06-2016, 04:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Dash Kappei

I think it's like €15 on PSN right now

I kinda want a physical copy though, but thanks!
Kyonashi
(10-06-2016, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Craft

I wonder if we'll ever see it cheaper than that or if it will be one of these games that creeps up in price.

Anyone seen any cheap deals for Battlezone (PSVR)? £49.99 on Amazon seems insane.
Phoenixus
(10-06-2016, 04:34 PM)
I don't suppose there's anywhere still selling the NES Mini controllers? Should've preordered a second with the unit. :/
TheMoon
(10-06-2016, 04:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Phoenixus

I don't suppose there's anywhere still selling the NES Mini controllers? Should've preordered a second with the unit. :/

Buy one in store or wait for the December restock.
NateDog
(10-06-2016, 04:58 PM)

I bought a t-shirt from eBay recently and used Shipitto, they were pretty good. Got here way quicker than expected and shipping was dirt cheap considering where it came from. I'm in Ireland as well in case you're curious. That's only one experience though.
Craft
(10-06-2016, 05:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Morfeo

Already sold out :(

Originally Posted by Kyonashi

I wonder if we'll ever see it cheaper than that or if it will be one of these games that creeps up in price.

That was fast! I think it's likely to be one of those games that will creep up in price forever once it's sold out everywhere, at least there's always the digital download as a last resort.

Still a couple of places to buy it sub RRP though:
http://www.idealo.co.uk/compare/4723...-fe-wii-u.html
goonergaz
(10-06-2016, 05:07 PM)
I got £6 of Xbox credit that expires in less than a week - anything worth picking up?
oldmario
(10-06-2016, 11:31 PM)

Does anyone know any twitter accounts/bots that quickly and reliably post deals? Specifically UK/Online/Console, but a few other mixed in wouldn't be a problem.

Basically Wario64 for the UK.

And I mean actual deals, not "10 year old PC game for £2" or "this pre-order is £1 cheaper than everywhere else". Savygamer for example is way too spammy for my taste. Once there is some bigger sale every game gets its own tweet and turns my timeline into garbage

i don't mind postabargain
Zafir
(10-07-2016, 02:04 AM)
Speaking of expiring Xbox Credit. Can you not use it on pre-orders?

Since they don't charge for pre-orders until near release, it doesn't get deducted from your account. So surely that means it'll just expire instead of being used for the pre-order?
Ade
(10-07-2016, 06:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Zafir

Speaking of expiring Xbox Credit. Can you not use it on pre-orders?

Since they don't charge for pre-orders until near release, it doesn't get deducted from your account. So surely that means it'll just expire instead of being used for the pre-order?

Preorders with credit are charged instantly
zaphod79
(10-07-2016, 10:08 AM)

Borderlinx ?

http://www.borderlinx.com

I've used them for other stuff , they change a premium to repack and ship it to you but it works.
zaphod79
(10-07-2016, 10:14 AM)

Savygamer for example is way too spammy for my taste. Once there is some bigger sale every game gets its own tweet and turns my timeline into garbage

FYI LewieP (who runs Savygamer) is on here if you wanted to give him that feedback

The only other i'm aware of is https://twitter.com/ukgamedeals however they were very hit and miss and looking now seem to have stopped earlier this year.
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-07-2016, 10:16 AM)

Originally Posted by zaphod79

FYI LewieP (who runs Savygamer) is on here if you wanted to give him that feedback

I pointed it out to him on twitter directly years ago and he ridiculed me for it. I'm good.

Originally Posted by oldmario

i don't mind postabargain

I'll try that. Thanks
Last edited by YianGaruga; 10-07-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Zafir
(10-07-2016, 10:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Ade

Preorders with credit are charged instantly

Not if you partly use credit.

Hence my question. :/
foobarry81
(10-07-2016, 11:54 AM)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U) is £14.95 at TGC: http://www.thegamecollection.net/cap...ker-wii-u.html
Podge293
(10-07-2016, 11:55 AM)

Originally Posted by zaphod79

Borderlinx ?

http://www.borderlinx.com

I've used them for other stuff , they change a premium to repack and ship it to you but it works.

Originally Posted by NateDog

I bought a t-shirt from eBay recently and used Shipitto, they were pretty good. Got here way quicker than expected and shipping was dirt cheap considering where it came from. I'm in Ireland as well in case you're curious. That's only one experience though.

Originally Posted by TheMoon

There definitely is. But I don't know any of them. Someone here will, though. Just wanted to give you the heads up that this is a thing :D

Thanks lads/ladies
oti
(10-07-2016, 12:31 PM)

Originally Posted by foobarry81

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U) is £14.95 at TGC: http://www.thegamecollection.net/cap...ker-wii-u.html

GET
THIS
GAME
glaurung
(10-07-2016, 12:35 PM)

That is some good scouting there. Bought.
Weskerlover
(10-07-2016, 12:38 PM)

Originally Posted by oti xero

GET
THIS
GAME

AMEN!
Morfeo
(10-07-2016, 02:46 PM)

One of my favorite games this gen, definitely a steal at this price. Get it!
Raylan
Banned
(10-07-2016, 02:48 PM)

GET
THIS
GAME

THIS!!!!!

One of the Top3 WiiU games right now. It's awesome.
Get it, folks!
Celine
(10-07-2016, 03:19 PM)

GET
THIS
GAME

Listen to the man.
XP_version2
(10-07-2016, 03:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Celine

Listen to the man.

I....did not like it
Murkas
(10-07-2016, 03:27 PM)
Is the only way you can get Gears 4 on PC is by paying the £50 from the Windows 10 store?
Tribes of Trusty
(10-07-2016, 03:32 PM)

Eh, 19€ delivered vs 23€ via Amazon Premium in my country...
Still ordered it via gamecollection tough, that economy + non ugly cover art.
Thanks !
roytheone
(10-07-2016, 05:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Murkas

Is the only way you can get Gears 4 on PC is by paying the £50 from the Windows 10 store?

Isn't it cross buy? So you could get a physical xbone version and the code should work on pc too.
j0hnny_385
(10-07-2016, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by roytheone

Isn't it cross buy? So you could get a physical xbone version and the code should work on pc too.

AFAIK, only the digital version is Play Anywhere compatibile (XB1 <-> PC)
Shotgun Kiss
(10-07-2016, 05:33 PM)
I've already played through and sold Captain Toad, but for that price I may pick it up again. Especially as it's since been given amiibo support.
toythatkills
(10-07-2016, 08:39 PM)

Originally Posted by XP_version2

I....did not like it

Could definitely have done with some challenge. It's basically a walking simulator.
oti
(10-07-2016, 10:12 PM)

Originally Posted by XP_version2

I....did not like it

Don't worry. Soon you and your friend Dorothe will reach the Wizard. You will get a heart eventually.
Zatoth
(10-08-2016, 08:32 AM)
PC: Deus Ex - Mankind Divided (Day One Edition Steelbook) for €27 @ Mediamarkt.de

http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/...c-2064086.html
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(10-08-2016, 08:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Murkas

Have they sorted out the nvidia keys thing yet? That should be a much cheaper way if you find someone that doesn't want the game when they buy a new GPU
Phinor
(10-08-2016, 10:54 AM)

Originally Posted by mrklaw

Have they sorted out the nvidia keys thing yet? That should be a much cheaper way if you find someone that doesn't want the game when they buy a new GPU

Other than Amazon.com, Nvidia keys have worked just fine since they launched the campaign. So as long as you buy from a place with buyer protection or a site/person you can trust, you should be just fine. Going price seems to be around 30 euros at least in Finland.
Ade
(10-08-2016, 12:13 PM)

Originally Posted by roytheone

Cross buy isn't for physical.
peanutbutterlatte
(10-08-2016, 12:15 PM)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance and its sequel are £19.99 on PSN, making them now only a BIT ridiculously overpriced for barebones remasters of 10/7 year old games.
Pancakes R Us
(10-08-2016, 12:32 PM)
Looking for the cheapest 12 month sub for PSN in the UK? Would be great if I could just get the code.

Thanks.
Stallion Dan
(10-08-2016, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by peanutbutterlatte

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and its sequel are £19.99 on PSN, making them now only a BIT ridiculously overpriced for barebones remasters of 10/7 year old games.

£33 for the bundle, bringing them in line with titles like the RE remasters..

I can wait for steeper discounts though.
rombletomski
(10-09-2016, 12:19 AM)

Originally Posted by peanutbutterlatte

Did they get around to fixing them? Last I heard they were a bit of a mess and the DLC hadn't been included.
Addnan
(10-09-2016, 09:08 AM)
Any list of websites that had data stolen recently?

I just got a random £80 transaction my debit card which bank is giving back, but just trying to figure out how my card details got out.
Alessandro
(10-09-2016, 09:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Addnan

Any list of websites that had data stolen recently?

I just got a random £80 transaction my debit card which bank is giving back, but just trying to figure out how my card details got out.

You can check if your email is compromised via https://haveibeenpwned.com.
Last edited by Alessandro; 10-09-2016 at 09:37 AM.
peanutbutterlatte
(10-09-2016, 10:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Dan

£33 for the bundle, bringing them in line with titles like the RE remasters..

I can wait for steeper discounts though.

I managed to get REmake for £10, which I'd gladly pay for either Alliance game. WIth Activision the steeper discounts are quite unlikely.

I'll bask in the stupidity that these are the biggest console Marvel games for the last five years ;_; Save us Insomniac Spidey.