• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

EndlessSky
(10-25-2016, 12:15 AM)
Played through the demo again on the vita since that's what it looks like I'll end up going with. Gotta say, active battle feels so much better to me than the wait I used for the ps4 demo. On the other hand, the basic menu is a million times worse than the classic lol. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Edit: I'm thinking my regular set up is going to be Reyn in chibi mode and Lann in big mode. Don't really like Reyn's looks in big mode, and she's so cute in chibi mode. If there is one knock on this game I think it is the main characters are kinda bland. Maybe that'll change once we see their personalities in the main game.
Last edited by EndlessSky; 10-25-2016 at 12:18 AM.
100%TrophyMaster
(10-25-2016, 12:20 AM)
This game, Skyrim, and Dark Souls 3 DLC all in the same week....
SWEET MOTHER
Ploid 3.0
(10-25-2016, 12:22 AM)
I'm really depending on you guys to share how the game is.
rocketskates
(10-25-2016, 12:23 AM)

Originally Posted by mcz117chief

How does active work? Because I only tried semi-active and it felt pretty active to me.

I don't understand why people dislike her so much, she is so cute and fun :)

I know right! She's a silly character in the sense she brings humor to the XIII games.

Hoping I can find a PS4 CE/LE tomorrow at Target to include in the B2G1 sale. Anyone know if all launch copies are the Day One version??
Edge_Maverick
(10-25-2016, 12:26 AM)
World of What the Honk! Played the demo and enjoyed it (although it certainly needed more explanations about the systems).

Be excited :)
KZXcellent
(10-25-2016, 12:31 AM)
I can't believe they actually put in Shelke. Never even crossed my mind that Square-Enix would care about representing Dirge of Cerberus. Then again, they also have the ship from Einhander as an enemy so why not!

Can't wait for the game to unlock in a few hours. Enjoyed the demo.
Exentryk
(10-25-2016, 12:33 AM)
Can't wait to face this bad boy (Ultima Weapon)

SOLDIER

Originally Posted by KZXcellent

I can't believe they actually put in Shelke. Never even crossed my mind that Square-Enix would care about representing Dirge of Cerberus. Then again, they also have the ship from Einhander as an enemy so why not!

Can't wait for the game to unlock in a few hours. Enjoyed the demo.

Shelke is legit cool and I would love to see her as a party member in an FFVII sequel.

I think she brings a potentially interesting dynamic as the new third girl of the group by being more cynical and blunt about things.
KZXcellent

Originally Posted by Exentryk

Can't wait to face this bad boy (Ultima Weapon)

Hnnnnng so cool.

Originally Posted by SOLDIER

Shelke is legit cool and I would love to see her as a party member in an FFVII sequel.

I think she brings a potentially interesting dynamic as the new third girl of the group by being more cynical and blunt about things.

I agree with you. Probably the best of the Deepground characters they introduced. Then again I also enjoyed a majority of the Final Fantasy VII Expanded Universe.
Last edited by KZXcellent; 10-25-2016 at 12:38 AM.
Lucreto
(10-25-2016, 12:39 AM)
I have been watching a few videos and I love the quirkiness of the game. The VA is over the top in a good way.

I have to wait until Friday today it and I don't want to spoil more of the game for myself.

I see Chocolina is in the game but calls herself Chocolatte.
Toth
(10-25-2016, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Wagram

I still remain one of the few that liked Dirge of Cerberus.

I liked the story and characters too! Well... that stroked scientist chick freaked me out.
Parakeetman
No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
(10-25-2016, 12:42 AM)
Great OT, but the fact that you want us to use the "light" theme means we cant be friends lol.

I kinda wished that this game was done only in the chibi style as personally hate the "Nomura" design look with the characters in their normal size...

Regardless of that still looking forward to this coming out soon
cleveridea
(10-25-2016, 12:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Harusame

My Collector's Edition should be arriving tomorrow (should be going through customs today). A bit more expensive than I thought due to shipping and USD to CDN conversion, but can't wait to play it nonetheless.

The collector's edition looks awesome, I almost bought it despite not being that interested in the game
Kyolux
(10-25-2016, 12:54 AM)
PSA: Would need someone else to confirm. But I have the physical Limited Edition.

I redeemed the digital code that came with it. And it was the whole Digital Day one edition that came with it.

Considering selling my physical copy if the digital version still works in a day or two. (I got it for cheap too)
OniBarubary
(10-25-2016, 12:55 AM)

Originally Posted by mcz117chief

This thread has been approved by More_Badass: "Hey, looks good to me"

Good enough for me. Picking it up tomorrow before work, I didn't realize the PS4 copy was 20 bucks more so I may switch to the Vita one. The problem being my Vita backlog is like...47 games.
Hero_of_the_Day
(10-25-2016, 12:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Ray Down

Nope, only Rydia is the party rep here sadly.

That sucks. Rydia is awesome, but I need more FFIV in my life.
RPGCrazied
(10-25-2016, 12:56 AM)
Had fun with the demo, my LE will be here tomorrow. Only thing I'm worried about is the story, GI said it was awful. Well, at least it has one and it seems long?
Servbot24
(10-25-2016, 12:59 AM)
I'll buy it for Lightning.
fernoca
(10-25-2016, 01:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Kyolux

PSA: Would need someone else to confirm. But I have the physical Limited Edition.

I redeemed the digital code that came with it. And it was the whole Digital Day one edition that came with it.

Considering selling my physical copy if the digital version still works in a day or two. (I got it for cheap too)

That's weird. Did it preloaded the full game?
Exentryk
(10-25-2016, 01:01 AM)
Btw, people might find this Mirage Database useful as they play the game. Feel free to enter values that are missing as you play the game and help the community:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
1337Sauce
(10-25-2016, 01:01 AM)

I would still keep my copy because I am getting it super cheap from Amazon.ca, but holy shit if this is true.
Kyolux
(10-25-2016, 01:03 AM)

Originally Posted by fernoca

That's weird. Did it preloaded the full game?

I already had the disc base version installed. So it wouldn't let me download it. But there was the 8.7 gb or something like that download available, only called "World of Final Fantasy". So pretty sure this it.

Originally Posted by 1337Sauce

I would still keep my copy because I am getting it super cheap from Amazon.ca, but holy shit if this is true.

Yeah, I got it for 41.99 CAD. But I'd sell it toward more PS VR games.
MrDaravon
(10-25-2016, 01:05 AM)
This has been maybe my most anticipated game this year, or at least from the last 6+ months. My copy should be here from Amazon tomorrow, and the guide will be here Wednesday. The GI review more or less lined up with my expectations of the story will probably be total crap but it's at least decent gameplay-wise. I'm a total sucker for cross-over/fanservice stuff and I was fine with the demo so I should be on board.

I'm curious if there will be any other character representation we haven't seen; having only Rydia as the sole FF4 rep is kind of weird, but then zero representation from 2 or 12 is super weird. Also people keep mentioning DLC, but have they actually said any sort of DLC is coming to this at all?
1337Sauce
(10-25-2016, 01:06 AM)

I already had the disc base version installed. So it wouldn't let me download it. But there was the 8.7 gb or something like that download available, only called "World of Final Fantasy". So pretty sure this it.

Yeah, I got it for 41.99 CAD. But I'd sell it toward more PS VR games.

At first I was wondering what you meant by 41.99, but then I remembered the thirty percent off of the 59.99 shown on the order page. Was considering cancelling after I played the demo but knowing the launch price here in Canada I just couldn't pass it up since I love Final Fantasy.

Amazon has really been coming clutch with some my games. Titanfall, FF XV and Watch_Dogs 2 for 50 each to look forward to as well!
Irishonion
(10-25-2016, 01:07 AM)
All right should be able to play tomorrow now.
Exentryk
(10-25-2016, 01:12 AM)
Can't wait to hear the Battle on the Big Bridge arrangement:

fernoca
(10-25-2016, 01:14 AM)

Guess we'll know in a few hours. If it's a widespread issue it will be fixed so you should keep the disc just in case.
Kyolux
(10-25-2016, 01:17 AM)

Originally Posted by fernoca

Guess we'll know in a few hours. If it's a widespread issue it will be fixed so you should keep the disc just in case.

Yeah. Definitely. May just let a friend borrow the physical version or something instead of selling it too.
fernoca
(10-25-2016, 01:18 AM)

Yeah. Definitely. May just let a friend borrow the physical version or something instead of selling it too.

The only other similar situation is Mighty No. 9 and they never fixed it, so... Good luck. XD
EndlessSky
(10-25-2016, 01:25 AM)
Totally forgot I still had a free prima guide code from back when they were giving them out from doing the survey. Spent it on this game's e-guide, though it doesn't unlock till tomorrow. I can't even remember the last time I used a guide. Wonder how in depth this will be, though I am probably only going to be looking at monster stats for team building probably.
ZeroX03
(10-25-2016, 01:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Shadowhaxor

All REVIEW coverage for WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY is embargoed until Monday, October 24, at 9:00 pm Pacific / Tuesday, October 25 at 12:00 am Eastern.

*Looks at watch*

So right after digital pre orders stop? Big old fuck you SE.
finalflame
(10-25-2016, 01:29 AM)
Is this game good for oldschool FF lovers? My fave is IX. Might Prime Now a PS4 Slim if so, that way I can play it tonight.
pahamrick
(10-25-2016, 01:31 AM)

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

So right after digital pre orders stop? Big old fuck you SE.

Don't digital copies include pre-order / day 1 stuff for the first week (or is it month?) anyway? Or is it a per-game thing that decides that.
Exentryk

Originally Posted by EndlessSky

Totally forgot I still had a free prima guide code from back when they were giving them out from doing the survey. Spent it on this game's e-guide, though it doesn't unlock till tomorrow. I can't even remember the last time I used a guide. Wonder how in depth this will be, though I am probably only going to be looking at monster stats for team building probably.

Guide looks decent enough:

ZeroX03

Originally Posted by pahamrick

Don't digital copies include pre-order / day 1 stuff for the first week (or is it month?) anyway? Or is it a per-game thing that decides that.

I think day one stuff might be for a week, but not pre order stuff. Confusingly named.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(10-25-2016, 01:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Hero_of_the_Day

That sucks. Rydia is awesome, but I need more FFIV in my life.

Thats lame. Bartz and Faris are both in, but all they have from IV is Rydia? They could've at least put in Edge and Rydia.
Kyolux
(10-25-2016, 01:32 AM)

I think day one stuff might be for a week, but not pre order stuff. Confusingly named.

Usually just a first print thing. So can be months for some games.
XJF
(10-25-2016, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by EndlessSky

I always get Game/Guide/OST for Final Fantasy and Star Ocean games. Collector in me needs them!

My preorder from Amazon for Game+Guide changed the delivery date from Tuesday to Thursday, so I called my Gamestop because I know the manager to check availability and he said he had them in the back already so I cancelled Amazon and got it from GS even though I generally despise them.

Game looks amazing, can't wait to get lost in it over the next few days!
MaverickHunterAsh
(10-25-2016, 01:36 AM)
So WoFF comes out tomorrow but there are still no reviews (other than GI's) up? That must mean the review embargo lifts on release day, which suggests an uncharacteristic lack of confidence coming from Square. How odd.

I'm in day one anyway because I'm such a huge FF fan and I love this game's vibe from what I've played of it, but I wonder if there's a real quality concern here.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(10-25-2016, 01:36 AM)

Originally Posted by MaverickHunterAsh

So WoFF comes out tomorrow but there are still no reviews (other than GI's) up? That must mean the review embargo lifts on release day, which suggests an uncharacteristic lack of confidence coming from Square. How odd.

I'm in day one anyway because I'm such a huge FF fan and I love this game's vibe from what I've played of it, but I wonder if there's a real quality concern here.

Tonight at midnight EDT.
AlexFlame116
(10-25-2016, 01:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Thats lame. Bartz and Faris are both in, but all they have from IV is Rydia? They could've at least put in Edge and Rydia.

Yeah FFIV needs more representation!
ZeroX03
(10-25-2016, 01:48 AM)

Usually just a first print thing. So can be months for some games.

Digital games don't have prints.
Mercador
(10-25-2016, 01:48 AM)

I don't like that as well. I expect a 75-80 meta score and, for me, it will not be enough to pay full price for it, I'll just wait a few months, still have Xcom 2 to finish.
Vincent Grayson
(10-25-2016, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Teknoman

PRO-TIP

*Play on active mode, combat speed set to 5, and with classic menu on for maximum enjoyment.

*enjoyment levels may vary.

Gross. I would never play an FF game in active mode.
Kyolux
(10-25-2016, 01:56 AM)

Digital games don't have prints.

Well teaches me to read the quoted post.

Originally Posted by Vincent Grayson

That's playing it wrong then.
Exentryk
(10-25-2016, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Vincent Grayson

Agreed.

#TeamWait
slosherbomb
(10-25-2016, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Admiral Snackbar

Beat the demo last night and IMMEDIATELY preordered. This game is goddamned adorable.

I did the exact same thing and it's already been shipped for me! So yay!
Kyolux
(10-25-2016, 02:02 AM)
Heading out to grocery for a few things for the week. Then I may stream a for a bit if anyone is interested.
MaverickHunterAsh
(10-25-2016, 02:03 AM)
One of the most enticing inclusions in the demo's options menu is the "Battle Music" option. Does anyone know how this works? Do you actually unlock various legacy FF battle themes that you can set to play during battles? Because if so, that's so fucking cool and exactly the kind of thing that would appeal to an FF and VGM nerd like myself. <3

That's playing it wrong then.

Oh, get out of here with that elitist nonsense. There's no "wrong" way to play a game, there's only one way: the way that's right for you. No one gets to decide what that is for other people.

Why must at least one person in every fanbase act like this?
Kyolux
(10-25-2016, 02:04 AM)

Oh, get out of here with that elitist nonsense. There's no "wrong" way to play a game, there's only one way: the way that's right for you. No one gets to decide what that is for other people.

Why must at least one person in every fanbase act like this?

Gosh, I should have added /s. Of course you play it as you want.

And considering the amount of skills there seems to be. I may play this one in wait mode too. Will have to see once I reach the first few fights.