• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

JazzmanZ
(04-21-2017, 04:53 AM)
Great list but no Shuma-Gorath...
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(04-21-2017, 04:53 AM)
I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Disclaimer: The roster isn't complete so don't panic.

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.
Last edited by IntelliHeath; 04-21-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Neonep
(04-21-2017, 04:58 AM)
Where the hell are these rumors coming from?
Strider_Blaze
(04-21-2017, 04:58 AM)
Not 100% once again with leak lists.

But the roster looks pretty impressive so far if true.

But yeah where exactly did that rumor come from?
Karsticles
(04-21-2017, 05:00 AM)
Generic Hunter from Monster Hunter is trash.
direct_quote
(04-21-2017, 05:02 AM)
So wait only one DMC character and no Gene? Fuck that Capcom side...
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(04-21-2017, 05:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Neonep

Where the hell are these rumors coming from?

Originally Posted by Strider_Blaze

Not 100% once again with leak lists.

But the roster looks pretty impressive so far if true.

But yeah where exactly did that rumor come from?

check last page

Originally Posted by direct_quote

according to leaker, it's not complete list, and he don't know the full roster tho.
Last edited by IntelliHeath; 04-21-2017 at 05:35 AM.
JazzmanZ
(04-21-2017, 05:03 AM)

this isnt the final list brah
Dahbomb
(04-21-2017, 05:07 AM)

Vergil for DLC because he is always DLC. This is par for the course.
christiankid7
(04-21-2017, 05:08 AM)
Yeah there's no way that's the full list. No Hulk and probably Thor is a huge giveaway
TreIII
(04-21-2017, 05:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Karsticles

Generic Hunter from Monster Hunter is trash.

Yeah, I'm still quite skeptical of if Capcom really wants the brand represented in that way. But we'll see.
Strider_Blaze
(04-21-2017, 05:11 AM)

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

check last page

I did. They mentioned the leaker was named Saikyo?

Eh but no matter, I read everything. Like I said it looks pretty impressive. Still leaning towards X-Men and F4 characters being excluded in the core roster. But we'll see if the plot thickens.

Songbird would be unexpected since she is a Marvel character that hasn't been in film. And Ms. Marvel as well, but she is heavily pushed by Marvel in general.
Red Arremer
(04-21-2017, 05:16 AM)

Originally Posted by JazzmanZ

Great list but no Shuma-Gorath...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I sincerely doubt Shuma will be coming back, even if Capcom begs Marvel for him. At this point, Dr. Strange has a lot more characters that got established towards the mainstream (him, Dormammu, Mordo, to a lesser extent Ancient One and Wong). Shuma-Gorath, while being a very interesting character, simply does not have the relevance to Marvel for them to sacrifice a slot that could be used for a character that is currently getting exposure through MCU or comics.
The independent comic issues that Shuma has been in can be counted on two hands, and the last one was ages ago. Furthermore, Capcom's depiction of Shuma in the MvC series is everything but faithful to the character, something that Marvel has become increasingly conscious about. Shuma is an eldritch abomination, not a silly tentacle monster striking poses and becoming a gameshow host.
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(04-21-2017, 05:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Strider_Blaze

I did. They mentioned the leaker was named Saikyo?

Eh but no matter, I read everything. Like I said it looks pretty impressive. Still leaning towards X-Men and F4 characters being excluded in the core roster. But we'll see if the plot thickens.

Songbird would be unexpected since she is a Marvel character that hasn't been in film. And Ms. Marvel as well, but she is heavily pushed by Marvel in general.

It's from RikuRikuMore. Apparently Saikyo think his source is legit. I guess we will have to wait for two months to see if the rumor is legit or not.

I don't believe that Songbird would make in but I have been rooting for her to be in the game ever since MVC3 so it would be crazy if she actually make in. I still hope She-Hulk would come back as well.
Strider_Blaze
(04-21-2017, 05:51 AM)

It's from RikuRikuMore. Apparently Saikyo think his source is legit. I guess we will have to wait for two months to see if the rumor is legit or not.

I don't believe that Songbird would make in but I have been rooting for her to be in the game ever since MVC3 so it would be crazy if she actually make in. I still hope She-Hulk would come back as well.

Thanks for that. And indeed would be great to have She-Hulk return.
sinkfla87
(04-21-2017, 05:53 AM)
I still hope somebody can convince the devs to put Jin back in :(.
Killa Sasa
(04-21-2017, 06:02 AM)
Honestly, if there's an additional Spider-Man character, and some combination of:

Parker
Cap
IM
Hawkeye
Panther
Strange
Star-Lord
Ant-Man

(or Cage, Taskmaster, DD, X-23, Wasp, Widow, Kamala if they're in)

aren't Hsien Ko level trash, then I'll be pretty happy. They don't need to be S-tier, just viable and more importantly, fun.

I played Taskmaster for like 5 minutes during all of (u)MvC3 but I'm really invested in him coming back. Might be the pirate jig he does at his win pose.

--

Forgot this game was 2v2 for a second there. Makes things a little easier as to potentially finding a fun team.
Karsticles
(04-21-2017, 06:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Killa Sasa

Honestly, if there's an additional Spider-Man character, and some combination of:

Parker
Cap
IM
Hawkeye
Panther
Strange
Star-Lord
Ant-Man

(or Cage, Taskmaster, DD, X-23, Wasp, Widow, Kamala if they're in)

aren't Hsien Ko level trash, then I'll be pretty happy. They don't need to be S-tier, just viable and more importantly, fun.

I played Taskmaster for like 5 minutes during all of (u)MvC3 but I'm really invested in him coming back. Might be the pirate jig he does at his win pose.

--

Forgot this game was 2v2 for a second there. Makes things a little easier as to potentially finding a fun team.

If there are no assists, then every team is equally "fun".
JazzmanZ
(04-21-2017, 06:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Red Arremer

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I sincerely doubt Shuma will be coming back, even if Capcom begs Marvel for him. At this point, Dr. Strange has a lot more characters that got established towards the mainstream (him, Dormammu, Mordo, to a lesser extent Ancient One and Wong). Shuma-Gorath, while being a very interesting character, simply does not have the relevance to Marvel for them to sacrifice a slot that could be used for a character that is currently getting exposure through MCU or comics.
The independent comic issues that Shuma has been in can be counted on two hands, and the last one was ages ago. Furthermore, Capcom's depiction of Shuma in the MvC series is everything but faithful to the character, something that Marvel has become increasingly conscious about. Shuma is an eldritch abomination, not a silly tentacle monster striking poses and becoming a gameshow host.

Please dont twist the knife I already have further in me about this realization :(
NoizyChild
(04-21-2017, 06:48 AM)

Originally Posted by SneakersSO

It will be there. That shouldn't even be a shock to anyone, honestly.

The entire roster won't be revealed at E3. But you're getting a good number of announcements, first gameplay of a match (and more), and an explanation of the combat systems.

You've singlehandedly restored my hype. Thank you so much.
Doctrine Dark
(04-21-2017, 06:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Karsticles

If there are no assists, then every team is equally "fun".

That's a huge assumption on your end. No one knows anything about the battle system.
Nyoro SF
(04-21-2017, 06:49 AM)
Hope they keep using classic Frank and not that new... abomination they made for DR4.
NoizyChild
(04-21-2017, 06:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Nyoro SF

Hope they keep using classic Frank and not that new... abomination they made for DR4.

I don't mind the DR4 look, but they damn sure better keep TJ Rotolo as his VA.

AND HE BETTER KEEP THE GODDAMN PADDLESAWS.
eggandI
(04-21-2017, 07:25 AM)

I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.

Assuming this is legit then I'm very satisfied with this (partial) roster. Black Panther and Commando alone would be enough for me lol.

Just want some concrete gameplay info now. I'm very interested in how the game has changed since it was revealed.
Dahbomb
(04-21-2017, 07:27 AM)
Captain Commando...

Without Corridor assist.

LUL!

Please let one of the gems be an assist gem...
That Dude John
(04-21-2017, 07:36 AM)
I'd be in for dat boy, Leon Kennedy.
Sesha
(04-21-2017, 07:39 AM)
Jedah and Songbird would be amazing. I could easily see Songbird being in the game. She's the kind of character Capcom devs would take to. Her design and powers easily translate to a video game.
Renkax
(04-21-2017, 07:40 AM)
Man If the hunter doesn't have a move to drop an egg for a OTG then idk what can the hunter do 😭💀
J-Tier
(04-21-2017, 07:43 AM)
That partial "leaked" roster is pretty damn good. If the full roster includes that, it would be a very impressive cast of characters.
Red Arremer
(04-21-2017, 07:46 AM)

Originally Posted by JazzmanZ

Please dont twist the knife I already have further in me about this realization :(

I'm sorry. I love Shuma a lot too and think he's a super funny character in the MvC games, but he just doesn't belong anymore. :(

Originally Posted by Sesha

Jedah and Songbird would be amazing. I could easily see Songbird being in the game. She's the kind of character Capcom devs would take to. Her design and powers easily translate to a video game.

I agree, Songbird definitely has the capabilities to be a really interesting character. She can use her sonic constructs like as if she was Green Lantern, so she has a lot of potential. That said, she seems kinda left field compared to the others.
Karsticles
(04-21-2017, 07:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Doctrine Dark

That's a huge assumption on your end. No one knows anything about the battle system.

If the only team interaction is tagging, then team construction is nigh meaningless outside of combo optimization.
Sesha
(04-21-2017, 07:52 AM)

I agree, Songbird definitely has the capabilities to be a really interesting character. She can use her sonic constructs like as if she was Green Lantern, so she has a lot of potential. That said, she seems kinda left field compared to the others.

Her being left field is why I think she has a chance. Capcom (and Marvel, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong) have stated that they like left field picks. I might be misremembering and this was solely in regards to SF5. But still, I think left field picks are considered necessary, and even expected, by Capcom. I think she placed high-ish on the MvC3 polls too. Besides, Marvel has been pushing her for a while. If Marvel is planning Thunderbolts for MCU phase 4 (which is very much possible, especially since James Gunn has shown an interest in it) then she'd be a shoe-in.

Whether in the base roster or as DLC, I think she's inevitable, same as Ms. Marvel.
Harpoon
(04-21-2017, 07:53 AM)
Really liking the looks of that roster so far.

Fingers crossed for Firebrand...
Neonep
All I need is Wolverine, Dante, & Black Panther and I'm good.
DarthOrange

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

The only thing missing from that roster is War Machine and then it would be the true successor to the original MvC. I always found it weird the hype that MvC2 had. When I was younger there was access to both machines but everyone would always play the original MvC. If you weren't playing KoF you were playing MvC.
AdaWong
(04-21-2017, 07:59 AM)
The female representation is rather pathetic in that "leak" lmao
lucebuce12
(04-21-2017, 08:00 AM)
Most "leaks" and roster predictions don't have She-Hulk and I hate that personally.
Motion Picture Soundtrack
(04-21-2017, 08:12 AM)
It's a pretty good roster so far if true, though there goes any chance of Mysterio.
Red Arremer
(04-21-2017, 08:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Motion Picture Soundtrack

It's a pretty good roster so far if true, though there goes any chance of Mysterio.

Let's be honest, out of all of Spidey's classic villains, Mysterio never had a good shot. It's gonna be one of the big 3 (Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom), or maybe a current movie villain (in this case Vulture). And even if we disregarded that, Mysterio, as cool as a villain he is... I don't think he would work well in a fighting game, especially if you already are very likely going to have Loki to contest the whole illusion and mirror image thing that Mysterio would have to have.
Harpoon
(04-21-2017, 08:36 AM)

Let's be honest, out of all of Spidey's classic villains, Mysterio never had a good shot. It's gonna be one of the big 3 (Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom), or maybe a current movie villain (in this case Vulture). And even if we disregarded that, Mysterio, as cool as a villain he is... I don't think he would work well in a fighting game, especially if you already are very likely going to have Loki to contest the whole illusion and mirror image thing that Mysterio would have to have.

Shocker deserves to be in more than any other Spidey villain!
Red Arremer
(04-21-2017, 08:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Harpoon

Shocker deserves to be in more than any other Spidey villain!

kirblar
(04-21-2017, 09:00 AM)
I think, like SFV, theyre well aware people can just play MvC3 if they want, so they want to avoid a massive amount of overlap w the cast.
Smooth Operator
(04-21-2017, 09:04 AM)

Originally Posted by kirblar

I think, like SFV, theyre well aware people can just play MvC3 if they want, so they want to avoid a massive amount of overlap w the cast.

Lol, we're talking about Capcom. They'll take everything they can from MvC3.
Sesha
(04-21-2017, 10:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Smooth Operator

Lol, we're talking about Capcom. They'll take everything they can from MvC3.

Only half the roster of SFV are characters that previously appeared in SF4. Marvel has final say about their side, and there's a number of characters that weren't in MvC3 that they'll want represented. If X-Men and F4 characters are DLC then 1/4th of the vanilla MvC3 roster is already out.
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 11:42 AM)

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Talk about a boring list. The best thing on there is venom. I hope capcom and marvel have something better than this. Especially considering at best there's only 8 characters left.

I think the idea that it might be a smaller roster than MVC3 but have a lot of new characters that weren't in that holds some merit. They did it with SFV and with the recent rerelease of MVC3 on all systems I could see them doing it again.

Originally Posted by AdaWong

The female representation is rather pathetic in that "leak" lmao

Yeah capcom has Morrigan and that's it. At this point of this was an actual list. The last few characters would need to be females on both sides so its not sausage party Infinite
Last edited by Jawmuncher; 04-21-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Weiss
(04-21-2017, 11:58 AM)
I find it hard to believe Jedah would get in.
Neoxon
(04-21-2017, 12:18 PM)

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Most "leaks" and roster predictions don't have She-Hulk and I hate that personally.

As mentioned before, She-Hulk is probably a lower priority for Marvel since she doesn't seem to have an MCU project (film or TV) in the pipeline. Though of course, she's a veteran from the MvC3 games, so I can't imagine her being hard to bring over.

Also, I see that you made F.A.N.G your avatar, again.
TRUE ORDER
(04-21-2017, 12:20 PM)
Just catching up with the new rumors.

As I've said before, it would be nice if Capcom/Marvel decide to add 2- 4 reps from X-Men/FF as a surprise in the base roster (given all the talk about the ban in the games)

At least this cand be of use until we get something new hahah
Neoxon
(04-21-2017, 12:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Talk about a boring list. The best thing on there is venom. I hope capcom and marvel have something better than this. Especially considering at best there's only 8 characters left.

I think the idea that it might be a smaller roster than MVC3 but have a lot of new characters that weren't in that holds some merit. They did it with SFV and with the recent rerelease of MVC3 on all systems I could see them doing it again.

Yeah capcom has Morrigan and that's it. At this point of this was an actual list. The last few characters would need to be females on both sides so its not sausage party Infinite

If the roster is indeed 32, I'd imagine that the last 4 characters on the Marvel side would be Thor, Hulk, Star-Lord, & Ultron. On the Capcom side, I would guess Asura, Chun-Li, Rashid, & Sigma.
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 12:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Neoxon

If the roster is indeed 32, I'd imagine that the last 4 characters on the Marvel side would be Thor, Hulk, Star-Lord, & Ultron. On the Capcom side, I would guess Asura, Chun-Li, Rashid, & Sigma.

It's gonna need more diversity. If that's let's just say the final roster. There's a whole 4 female caharcters. That's even less than the standard 3 for 1 rule
Last edited by Jawmuncher; 04-21-2017 at 12:27 PM.