• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Zaph
(01-11-2017, 07:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Sweeney Tom

Jeff Stein ✔ @JStein_Vox
Trump team at the Sessions hearing just passed out a dossier citing an article about "how black Democrats stole votes"

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/statu...22782412226562

unfuckingbelievable

The projection is something else.

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

Again more hyperbole

Hospitals will not close - just get absorbed by bigger hospital systems

Yup there totally isn't a crisis in rural areas with hospitals.....Nope, they just get bought up by larger ones!
YuriLowell

Originally Posted by Ogodei

If they find he's too much of a liability, they'll get rid of him.

Apparently his approval rating's already 36%, so we could kick off his administration with late-W-admin-level approvals.

Link on the 36% approval rating?
Spartancarver

Again more hyperbole

Hospitals will not close - just get absorbed by bigger hospital systems

Lol

I guess we'll see. Rural hospitals area already closing down left and right. I'm sure more uninsured patients won't have any effect on that.

Access to healthcare is a very, very real issue, and to brush it off as hyperbole is fairly disturbing. I see patients at my hospital that drive 5+ hours to get there. We've had patients airlifted in from bordering states.
Cess007
(01-11-2017, 07:16 PM)

Originally Posted by SheepyGuy

Mexico's already on the verge of being a first world manufacturing powerhouse. They don't really need the US at this point.

Please, go and tell that to the peso; maybe if our money knew, it wouldn't be falling to historical lows
Blader

Can you stop with hyperbole?

No hospital will turn anyone away

Affordability is a different story though - let's see what the replacement plan will be

Well that's part of the problem for conservatives who don't want to pay for other people's health care, isn't it? Unless hospitals turn people away, they'll have to treat uninsured people and/or patients who can't afford the treatment. In which case, the bill gets handed over to the government, who reimburses the hospital with -- drum roll please! -- your tax dollars! So you're still paying for it anyway.

Or I guess the government could just NOT reimburse those hospitals, in which hospitals and clinics -- as they are in many rural areas already -- will just shutter more and more. In which case, health care for nobody.
Schattenjäger

Originally Posted by Spartancarver

You don't think there's going to be any change in the rate of rural hospitals closing?

The govt will not let safety net hospitals close
UnObtainium17
(01-11-2017, 07:17 PM)

Lol

I guess we'll see. Rural hospitals area already closing down left and right. I'm sure more uninsured patients won't have any effect on that.

Access to healthcare is a very, very real issue, and to brush it off as hyperbole is fairly disturbing.

Just go to ER and bounce! That should be good.
Farewell
That speech was strange.."much hacking" and did he really defend it at some point? Or i just heard it wrong.
Ac30

Originally Posted by YuriLowell

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.usatod...?client=safari

Quinnipac Poll
TheSchwab_7
Booker the next Democratic nominee for 2020?
Skatterd

Originally Posted by Angelus Errare

Uh you know that's not how it works right? They bill the government to cover the uninsured people's treatment

You're oversimplifying QUITE a bit there.
Angelus Errare
this looks like one of those Final Fantasy games lionhead always makes
(01-11-2017, 07:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Sweeney Tom

Jeff Stein ✔ @JStein_Vox
Trump team at the Sessions hearing just passed out a dossier citing an article about "how black Democrats stole votes"

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/statu...22782412226562

It's amazing how powerful black people are in resist people's minds I swear
Schattenjäger
(01-11-2017, 07:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Blader

Well that's part of the problem for conservatives who don't want to pay for other people's health care, isn't it? Unless hospitals turn people away, they'll have to treat uninsured people and/or patients who can't afford the treatment. In which case, the bill gets handed over to the government, who reimburses the hospital with -- drum roll please! -- your tax dollars! So you're still paying for it anyway.

I agree
Spartancarver
(01-11-2017, 07:19 PM)

So you agree that as a result of this, the already strained access to healthcare will very likely be further worsened?
Phreaker
(01-11-2017, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by TheSchwab_7

Seems like a very big possibility.
LegendofJoe
(01-11-2017, 07:20 PM)

Lol

Access to healthcare is a very, very real issue, and to brush it off as hyperbole is fairly disturbing. I see patients at my hospital that drive 5+ hours to get there. We've had patients airlifted in from bordering states.

Exactly, my brother had to be airlifted to a hospital 5 hours away from where we lived. If we didn't have insurance he'd be dead right now. There are thousands of cases like this every month, many of them will die if they lack insurance and access to care.
Hex

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

I quoted someone who initially I thought was saying literal deaths on the count of the above. 11 million Americans aren't dying in 4 years, but yes, if things go backwards like they seem to be there will be casualties.

Ah sorry mate, thread is moving fast
Electric Eye

Originally Posted by SheepyGuy

They already have tons of trade deals all over the world. Centralization of manufacturing has led to Mexico being one of the top manufacturing countries in the world and they have a lot of advantages beyond just being close to the US. They have ports and supply lines direct to the pacific and atlantic. They have a young population, stable government, and sustainable grown patterns. The peso going down due to cheetoman only helps them.

The biggest risk is that at the moment they have a lot of trade with the US, and an abrupt end to that trade would be very bad, but it would also be very bad for the US so I don't see that ending overnight.

Your asking the government of Mexico who has been corrupt to the core and worst than Trump economically and morally since before Trump was even a sperm cell to get up and begin to work on ways to help it people? LOL, we can make fun of the dumb electorate in America all day for bringing about these republican nightmare lawmakers but lets not ignore that Mexico's electorate is just as dumb or dumber constantly voting for corrupt thieves, literal thieves. Just look at the shit show that is happening now with the 20% gas price hikes in the middle of the peso tanking. Nieto fooled every Mexican with his good looks and charm and like Trump promised a load of lies, they fooled Mexicans into privatizing their oil industry with the promise of cheap gas prices and economic wealth for all as if that's ever worked anywhere else.
SheepyGuy

Originally Posted by Cess007

Please, go and tell that to the peso; maybe if our money knew, it wouldn't be falling to historical lows

This is bad if you're trying to buy video games or imported luxury products in Mexico, but if you're trying to export manufactured products and food from Mexico? If you're employed in those industries? It's very good news.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(01-11-2017, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Angelus Errare

It's amazing how powerful black people are in resist people's minds I swear

Superhuman and supersmart the perfect predator
Blader
(01-11-2017, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by TheSchwab_7

He will absolutely run. But I think he's a pretty overhyped figure, myself. I hope he spends the next four years making himself into a better candidate. He did a lot of things as mayor of Newark that, even as someone who didn't live there, I'm not happy about and could easily see being used against him in a campaign.

Then again, who knows, maybe in 2020 people will love Wall Street again!
Ponn
(01-11-2017, 07:22 PM)

Stop,just stop with this bullshit. There is more to fucking healthcare than an ER. Try going to a cancer patient who can't get coverage and telling them " just go to the ER". Insensitive jackassery.
AmyS
(01-11-2017, 07:22 PM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bO...youtu.be&t=55s

I can't believe the dude that walks out the doors @ 1:02 is gonna be the president of the United States in 9 fucking days.
Veelk
(01-11-2017, 07:23 PM)
So I've missed this whole story. I read the other thread and got caught up on the summary, but beyond that can someone tell me what is and isn't debunked?

And the highlights from the conference? I saw that gif of him being pushed away, but any other golden moments?
Schattenjäger

So you agree that as a result of this, the already strained access to healthcare will very likely be further worsened?

You are speaking in very general terms

What type of access ?
Hospital ? Provider? Urgent care centers?

And result to what? The ACA being repealed?

This topic is very complex with so many variables that cannot be debated with one line responses

My only point is that "people will die" is hyperbolic and fear mongering
darkwing

Originally Posted by AmyS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bO...youtu.be&t=55s

I can't believe the dude that walks out the doors @ 1:02 is gonna be the president of the United States in 9 fucking days.

would be amazing to see him in action in G7 summits
-Plasma Reus-
Service guarantees member status
(01-11-2017, 07:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Veelk

So I've missed this whole story. I read the other thread and got caught up on the summary, but beyond that can someone tell me what is and isn't debunked?

And the highlights from the conference? I saw that gif of him being pushed away, but any other golden moments?

Nothing has been debunked.
Liha
(01-11-2017, 07:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Majukun

even berlusconi waited to actually get in power before turning everything in a shitshow

Well, he wants to be the best leader of all time, he needs every day in order to achieve his goal lol.

Originally Posted by Fushichou187

I'd say he's got equal parts Berlusconi and Duterte going on there.

He's got Duterte's rhetoric, Putin's masculine pride and Berlusconi's crazy world (Ponza was a vacation for political opponents olol), did I miss something?
Chuck_Roz
(01-11-2017, 07:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Sun Bather

Some of you are being very rude

I'll simplify this for you, and many others here who don't like the "rudeness" at play.

People are absolutely terrified. TERRIFIED.

The comparisons to Nazis are apt. The Nazis didn't just wake up day one and start killing Jews. It started slowly. Criticizing the press, radicalizing their base, and blaming minority groups for economic issues.

If you have any historical background, you would realize that Trump's behavior is beyond abnormal. It's indicative of a leader that can do significant damage to both the country and the world. That is not hyperbole. It is clearly verifiable.

He just screamed at CNN for reporting fake news, when they weren't even the god damn reporters of it. It's nonsense, and that nonsense is now normalized. It is now normal for the president to question anything the press says.

People are scared. And I don't care if you think it's rude. I don't care if my racist grandmother thinks it's rude. I will scream that Trump is a dangerous fascist till my head explodes because it's true. The louder we scream, the ruder we scream, the more likely people are - politicians are - to actually take notice.

Do you know why Republicans are so much better at rallying their base? They're loud, and rude. I don't give a damn if we are rude. The ruder we are, the more attention we garner, and the more we make it clear that we aren't just being "dumb liberals, desperate for attention". We will make it clear that we are scared.

There's still shreds of humanity, of decency within the Republican members of the Senate and House who were just elected. The louder I scream, the more likely they will hear me and actually save this country from burning up in flames before 2018.
DustyVonEric

Can you stop with hyperbole?

No hospital will turn anyone away

Affordability is a different story though - let's see what the replacement plan will be

Are you serious? Some hospitals already do turn people away unless patients can make a down payment, even with insurance pulling most of the weight, before the needed procedure is allowed.

This would have happened to me twice. Thank God I was able to pay, or I would have been ass out.

I was told that these hospitals are no longer taking anymore chances due to losing money, and required their money up front. No, bill ya for it. Either you have it now, or you need to find another place.
Sweeney Tom

Originally Posted by Veelk

Nothing's been debunked, none of them are denying it
ZOONAMI

Originally Posted by Phreaker

Seems like a very big possibility.

Would be a pretty good pick imo.

Steve Bullock also.

That would be an excellent ticket.
Lonely1

Originally Posted by Electric Eye

Your asking the government of Mexico who has been corrupt to the core and worst than Trump economically and morally since before Trump was even a sperm cell to get up and begin to work on ways to help it people? LOL, we can make fun of the dumb electorate in America all day for bringing about these republican nightmare lawmakers but lets not ignore that Mexico's electorate is just as dumb or dumber constantly voting for corrupt thieves, literal thieves. Just look at the shit show that is happening now with the 20% gas price hikes in the middle of the peso tanking. Nieto fooled every Mexican with his good looks and charm and like Trump promised a load of lies, they fooled Mexicans into privatizing their oil industry with the promise of cheap gas prices and economic wealth for all as if that's ever worked anywhere else.

ALMO is not the answer. And the gas subside was unsustainable. I, for one, give to el PRI credit for thinking long term instead of going for the short term political goal that has screwed Mexico so many times.
Schattenjäger
(01-11-2017, 07:26 PM)

Originally Posted by DustyVonEric

Are you serious? Some hospitals already do turn people away unless patients can make a down payment, even with insurance pulling most of the weight, before the needed procedure is allowed.

This would have happened to me twice. Thank God I was able to pay, or I would have been ass out.

I was told that these hospitals are no longer taking anymore chances due to losing money, and required their money up front. No, bill ya for it. Either you have it now, or you need to find another place.

That is illegal
Vixdean

What type of access ?

This topic is very complex with so many variables that cannot be debated with one line responses

People have died because they didn't have health insurance. People will lose health insurance if the ACA is repealed. It's not rocket science.
Incognito
Troll

NEW: The law firm representing Trump during today's news conference won Russia Law Firm of the Year award in 2016. @NBCNews

i mean.
kiguel182
How does impeachment work in the US? Is the congress that initiates the process? Since Republicans are the majority in the congress I guess he can do whatever he wants.
Neoweee

That is illegal

Thanks to the Reagan administration, no less.

Originally Posted by kiguel182

How does impeachment work in the US? Is the congress that initiates the process? Since Republicans are the majority in the congress I guess he can do whatever he wants.

Congressional vote to initiate the process, then an actual trial to remove from office in the Senate. Larger than 50% is needed. It's not a simple matter. We aren't anywhere near there yet, though some polls place Trump's approval only 13% higher than Nixon's when he was going to imminently get impeached/removed.
Spartancarver

What type of access ?

Inpatient hospital access, and yes as a result of the ACA being repealed.

In what way is reduced access to care, reduced ability to pay for care, increasing hospital closure = people dying hyperbolic? You are aware that there are medical problems that cannot be adequately treated in an ED / urgent care setting, right?
onadesertedisland

Originally Posted by Electric Eye

So give the 35 page docs to someone that will publish them. NOW they want to actually do their jobs and yet they still come off weak. Cable news is dead.

They are fucked. They should have responded that as free, American citizens, with all the rights of given to anyone in this nation for freedom of speech and the press they will not be threatened or coerced and will continue to report the truth no matter how it may affect the president.
LiK
(01-11-2017, 07:27 PM)

Originally Posted by kiguel182

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac..._United_States
LegendofJoe

What type of access ?

It isn't at all, what world are you living in? The world I live in has states like Kansas that barely cover anything in their Medicaid program and as a result people die of easily preventable complications.
BajiBoxer

Originally Posted by YuriLowell

American voters give President-elect Trump a negative 37 - 51 percent favorability rating, compared to a divided 44 - 46 percent favorability rating November 22

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2415
Palette Swap
(01-11-2017, 07:28 PM)
Trump doesn't really need to be compared to all these other fascists. Yeah, he's a strongman, but he's the worst possible American version of it, and that is its own thing.

That means he isn't going to order people abducted, killed or that kind of shit. He's just going to do his version of things America has already tolerated in living memory :

- businesses know better and the state is useless: get rid of regulations, safety nets, and let markets decide as piss trickles down on the poorest and they drown in it. Healthcare? LOL, earn more. Vaccines? That's a theory. Effects of environmental issues ? Prove it. Even if it was us, it will fix itself. Communities decimated by opioids? Drug users are scum, they should have more will. That coal might make you cough, but j o b s.

- civil rights end where public safety begins (an actual trump quote) : militarize further the police, demonize minorities and present them as enemies of the state, shoot them, lock them up, who cares? If generations are ruined as a result, who cares? It's not like you're going to ask for reparations when you're busy trying to survive. This will all be another footnote in the history of WASP supremacy, like internment camps, like trying to crush civil rights movements, like the war on drugs, like Gitmo. Who the fuck cares what the omelette tastes like as long as you get to break eggs.

- who needs all these liberal media outlets and their smug fake news? Let's sue them, let's block them. Internet neutrality? Hogwash.

- a true international vision, peace for our time : who cares about fucking Crimea? Putin is very smart so we should trust him, rather than these chicken little NATO leeches. Who cares about the U.N.? We showed these fuckers they couldn't prevent us from bombing the shit out of Iraq, they're going to be singing a different tune about all these nice Israeli settlers and their indomitable pioneer spirit.
Who cares about that idiotic etiquette? Twitter is very fine. You don't need so many characters to tell these nobody countries to go fuck themselves.

So yeah, he's just the omega point of American exceptionalism and its incredible ability to oppress people, break bodies, and forget it all.

There's one thing that is 100% believable in that report: that Putin didn't expect Trump to win, because it's honestly baffling that a developed country would elect this inept, illiterate brute.
Jackpot
Lol at the following from the Guardian's liveblog:

1 hour ago

Trump is asked what media reforms he recommends. That’s a question?

52 minutes ago

That question for Trump about media reform came from a Breitbart reporter, it turns out.

@EliStokols
And now Matt Boyle asks Trump what do about fake news.

Chuck_Roz

That is illegal

It is barely illegal: http://law.freeadvice.com/malpractic...l-patients.htm

That's the first google result. Basically a private hospital only has to provide care in an emergency situation. And only then until you can walk out the door.

So if I'm dying of diabetes and can't afford my insulin, the hospital doesn't have to admit me until I'm dying via an emergency situation.
Sweeney Tom
(01-11-2017, 07:29 PM)
I think we have a lot of Vox readers here https://twitter.com/Phineas/status/819247778136260609
Skatterd

What type of access ?

If pre-existing conditions coverage is sent back to the stone age, absolutely people will die.
Did you know that "domestic violence" was considered a pre-existing condition in 6 states as of a few years ago?
Lonely1

Originally Posted by Cess007

That's not how things work. And for one, Peña Nieto has not fault in Trump's anti trade platform.