• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Exile20
(01-11-2017, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Netherscourge

Voters only get one chance to make a decision, every 4 years.

Well, they made a very stupid decision and now he's set for 4 years.

He IS untouchable, unless from this point on he does something illegal. Whatever he did in the past is irrelevant. He personally did not break any laws to become President, so he's all clear there. He was never under oath when he lied during the election about campaign promises or whatever other bullshit he talked about. There is no precedent or law that can remove him from office at this point.

He needs to do something 100% illegal, now or in the near future, to be removed. I don't think he's THAT dumb and even so, he's got very good lawyers who know how to dig through lines and lines of laws and regulations to get him off the hook.

Get used to him. He's not going anywhere.

In 4 years, the morons who elected him get another chance to make a decision.

I am not even talking illegal. Trump just being Trump. He can do whatever he wants, lie, act like a fool, be childish, what the fuck ever and people like him.

Now he is actually controlling the press, and getting his word out through Twitter.
minor effort
(01-11-2017, 09:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Exile20

He has Fox news to cover his shenanigans.

But if the rest of the media lowers themselves to only asking Fox News-esque t-balls for him to grandstand on as a means of questioning, what's the point of keeping access to his press conference?

"Mister Trump, your presidency seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"
RinsFury
(01-11-2017, 09:51 PM)

He personally did not break any laws to become President, so he's all clear there.

I'd say the jury's still out on that one.
tedrotheredro
(01-11-2017, 09:51 PM)

Voters only get one chance to make a decision, every 4 years.

Well, they made a very stupid decision and now he's set for 4 years.

He IS untouchable, unless from this point on he does something illegal. Whatever he did in the past is irrelevant. He personally did not break any laws to become President, so he's all clear there. He was never under oath when he lied during the election about campaign promises or whatever other bullshit he talked about. There is no precedent or law that can remove him from office at this point.

He needs to do something 100% illegal, now or in the near future, to be removed. I don't think he's THAT dumb and even so, he's got very good lawyers who know how to dig through lines and lines of laws and regulations to get him off the hook.

Get used to him. He's not going anywhere.

In 4 years, the morons who elected him get another chance to make a decision.

Not true. No one's above the law. Doesn't matter if he committed the high crime before taking office.

“The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4
Hex
(01-11-2017, 10:09 PM)

Originally Posted by sugarhigh4242

I voted for Stein, I got what I expected. You (presumably) got played by somebody who couldn't win Pennsylvania as a Democrat.

n0razi
(01-11-2017, 10:12 PM)

Originally Posted by SmackAttack

I watched it earlier. What a disgrace. This "man" does not deserve the position and I can not believe people (like my dad) buy into this shit. A child would have behaved better.

I think we are slowly learning that the Cynics were right all along
sugarhigh4242
(01-11-2017, 10:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Hex

I had the same reaction when I saw PA go to Trump.
Whompa02
Banned
(01-11-2017, 10:16 PM)

I had the same reaction when I saw PA go to Trump.

You're not making your case any better...
MrSaturn99
(01-11-2017, 10:18 PM)

Why would you admit voting for this person?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y

What is the context behind this?
wumster3000
(01-11-2017, 10:18 PM)
Are any of his supporters in this thread? I would like to know what they think of this. Not the 4chan people, but people with a little bit more sense than that.
sugarhigh4242
(01-11-2017, 10:20 PM)

Originally Posted by MrSaturn99

What is the context behind this?

Clinton's macabre misadventure in Libya:
https://www.democracynow.org/2016/3/...illary_clinton
slit
(01-11-2017, 10:22 PM)

Originally Posted by djkimothy

LOL, sure.

Are you saying it was close? Cause that really would be something to laugh about.
Last edited by slit; 01-11-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Dynasty
(01-11-2017, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by wumster3000

Are any of his supporters in this thread? I would like to know what they think of this. Not the 4chan people, but people with a little bit more sense than that.

Never works out well, Trump supporters get dog piled on here if they come out in the open. A few pages ago someone admitted to voting for a third party canditate, that didnt really turn out good, imagine if it was a Trump supporter.
GaimeGuy
Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
(01-11-2017, 10:50 PM)
Fucking terrifying.
SerAardvark
(01-11-2017, 10:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Dynasty

Never works out well, Trump supporters get dog piled on here if they come out in the open. A few pages ago someone admitted to voting for a third party canditate, that didnt really turn out good, imagine if it was a Trump supporter.

That's probably also because that guy's been pretty confrontational in multiple threads trying to downplay/"Debunk" the Russia-Trump story and defending WikiLeaks, not just because he was a third party voter (though that also contributed, unfortunately).
Ozigizo
(01-11-2017, 10:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Hex

Probably best not to reply to the diablos sock-puppet.
Psychoward
McLovin
(01-11-2017, 10:56 PM)

I voted for Stein, I got what I expected. You (presumably) got played by somebody who couldn't win Pennsylvania as a Democrat.

You expected getting absolutely nothing done and indirectly helping a large scale regression movement?
TestOfTide
Banned
(01-11-2017, 10:57 PM)

You are trash if you actually voted for that pro-Russian PoS Jill Stein.
King Kye
Banned
(01-11-2017, 11:01 PM)

Originally Posted by TestOfTide

Wow.
Ghazi
(01-11-2017, 11:05 PM)

Originally Posted by tedrotheredro

Not true. No one's above the law. Doesn't matter if he committed the high crime before taking office.

“The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

There's a verified audio clip of him talking about sexually assaulting women and he came out of that just fine.
SparkleMotion
(01-11-2017, 11:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Ghazi

There's a verified audio clip of him talking about sexually assaulting women and he came out of that just fine.

"locker room talk"
tbm24
(01-11-2017, 11:08 PM)

Doesn't help that this country is trash when it comes to identifying sexual assault as is. This is in another realm as far as what this country will tolerate.
Nafai1123
dirty Netflix p00rs!
breathing my air

Not enough to be charged with a crime.
Oersted

Treason ranks a bit higher.
Herr Schwarz
(01-11-2017, 11:09 PM)

As opposed to those Hillary voters, they had their finger on the pulse of America the whole time.
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-11-2017, 11:09 PM)
I cannot believe he actually invoked Godwin's Law.
Audioboxer
Banned
(01-11-2017, 11:10 PM)

Sadly because talk doesn't lead to much, you need proof. An audio statement can be damning in a case where someone is the defendant mentioned in a tape. Otherwise, chat like what was in that tape is about a jane doe, for legal purposes we don't even know if she exists.

At best it should have sank his popularity ratings and proved without a doubt he wasn't Presidential, but it didn't even manage that.
A Fish Aficionado
I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
(01-11-2017, 11:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Herr Schwarz

As opposed to those Hillary voters, they had their finger on the pulse of America the whole time.

Hillary never said WI Fi might hurt kids.
iRAWRasaurus
(01-11-2017, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

I cannot believe he actually invoked Godwin's Law.

What?
Prof. Bathtub
(01-11-2017, 11:12 PM)
Can confirm that swing states are the only parts of America that have a pulse.
SparkleMotion
(01-11-2017, 11:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

Sadly because talk doesn't lead to much, you need proof. An audio statement can be damning in a case where someone is the defendant mentioned in a tape. Otherwise, chat like what was in that tape is about a jane doe, for legal purposes we don't even know if she exists.

At best it should have sank his popularity ratings and proved without a doubt he wasn't Presidential, but it didn't even manage that.

Teflon Don(ald)
sugarhigh4242

I've been using your posts as my benchmark for Neogaf decorum. It's interesting.
HP_Wuvcraft

Originally Posted by iRAWRasaurus

What?

He said that publishing the Russia Blackmail story is something the Nazis would do.

His base is going fucking eat that shit up.
BlueTsunami
there is joy in sucking dick

Originally Posted by A Fish Aficionado

Hillary never said WI Fi might hurt kids.

And flirted with anti-vaxers. She was a trash candidate and people should feel bad for voting for her.
sugarhigh4242
(01-11-2017, 11:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Psychoward

You expected getting absolutely nothing done and indirectly helping a large scale regression movement?

my analysis differs.
Borgnine
MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
(01-11-2017, 11:15 PM)
Overheard a guy in my office talking about the press conference. Couldn't wait to walk up to anyone who will listen and recount with glee how Trump shut down the CNN reporter as fake news and how "the media is in for a rude awakening." This is a reasonably intelligent person. I mean what do you even say to this.
hawk2025
Lmao at people still trying to rationalize their third party vote.

We know y'all face the mirror at night, don't front.

Cognitive dissonance doesn't run that deep. Y'all got conned by the crazy lady, move on.
sugarhigh4242

Originally Posted by BlueTsunami

And flirted with anti-vaxers. She was a trash candidate and people should feel bad for voting for her.

If you applied this level of ideological scrutiny to every candidate, I don't know how you could ever justify voting in the US.
Vladimir Putin
Psychoward
McLovin
(01-11-2017, 11:16 PM)

my analysis differs.

ok, what did you expect when you voted for her? Green Party didn't increase in power at all and progressive movements are gonna take a backseat in the country.
A Fish Aficionado
I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

If you applied this level of ideological scrutiny to every candidate, I don't know how you could ever justify voting in the US.

Most candidates know vaccines are safe. Stein and Trump are both antivax.
iRAWRasaurus

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

He said that publishing the Russia Blackmail story is something the Nazis would do.

His base is going fucking eat that shit up.

Funny how some of his supporters are nazis. Smh
BlueTsunami
(01-11-2017, 11:17 PM)

Well Jill Stein was a pretty low bar. May as well penciled in Seymore Butts for all the vote was worth, and said fictional candidate wouldnt have the stigma of being a quack.
MIMIC
Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
(01-11-2017, 11:17 PM)
Finally caught some of Trump's presssr. When he told Jim Acosta that CNN is "fake news" and dismissed him, my mouth dropped.

Trump is absolute garbage. He disgusts me so much.
tbm24
(01-11-2017, 11:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Borgnine

Overheard a guy in my office talking about the press conference. Couldn't wait to walk up to anyone who will listen and recount with glee how Trump shut down the CNN reporter as fake news and how "the media is in for a rude awakening." This is a reasonably intelligent person. I mean what do you even say to this.

You say it as it is, Trump's a child. It won't change his mind of course but it's what needs to be said. At my work I wasn't pretty open about how insane the press conference was. If there are Trump supporters about, as I suspect there are, they are all really quiet about it.
BlueTsunami
(01-11-2017, 11:19 PM)

Originally Posted by MIMIC

Finally caught some of Trump's presssr. When he told Jim Acosta that CNN is "fake news" and dismissed him, my mouth dropped.

Trump is absolute garbage. He disgusts me so much.

He's gonna get raw dogged by the intelligence community and the press. Thats a double team you dont wanna tussle with.
-Plasma Reus-
Service guarantees member status
(01-11-2017, 11:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Borgnine

Rethink this position.
Oersted
(01-11-2017, 11:20 PM)

What?

“It was disgraceful that the intelligence agencies allowed any information that proved so false and fake to get out. That’s something that Nazi Germany would have done, and did do. That information was false and fake,

Yes, the future President of the United States of America likened CIA, FBI and NSA to Nazis.
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-11-2017, 11:21 PM)

Funny how some of his supporters are nazis. Smh

There are already news stories of how the alt-right is planning on overthrowing Trump if he strays "too far".
Herr Schwarz
(01-11-2017, 11:21 PM)

Originally Posted by A Fish Aficionado

Most candidates know vaccines are safe. Stein and Trump are both antivax.

No instead she said "Pokemon Go to the polling booths" or something like that.

She's got the charisma of a potted plant. And lost to a candidate that had those approval ratings, and that experience. Eugh.