• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Schattenjäger
Banned
(01-12-2017, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Nafai1123

So your source is...themselves? Keep reading.



Kennedy:

Yes .. themselves

Are you honestly expecting them to stop people from getting vaccines? That's a huge leap
Xe4
Member
(01-12-2017, 03:38 AM)
Xe4's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

Yes .. themselves

Are you honestly expecting them to stop people from getting vaccines? That's a huge leap

They're going to bring a lot of bullshit t vaccine manufactures, and slow vaccination outreach and efforts, which will absolutely reduce the number people getting vaccinated, leading to a lot of suffering for those vaccinated or not.

It's a big deal, and I'm shocked you're trying to say it is not.
DarthWoo
I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
(01-12-2017, 03:40 AM)
DarthWoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

Yes .. themselves

Are you honestly expecting them to stop people from getting vaccines? That's a huge leap

There's already a distressingly huge amount of people who have demonstrated that they will hang on every word Trump says. There is also as distressingly a large number of people who already believe that vaccines cause autism, or who are on the fence. Create a Venn diagram of those groups and just imagine the disaster that could result.
Schattenjäger
Banned
(01-12-2017, 03:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Xe4

Trunp is absolutely, 150,000,000% anti-vaxx.

The fucker beleives they cause autism, you can't really get much more anti-vaxx than that.


https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonal...815552?lang=en

He is truly the worst thing that's happened to science in quite a while.

This is false .. a lie.. and hyperbolic

He's said many he's in favor of vaccines - just spread out
In one of the debates, he said this and carson and Paul agreed with him
Schattenjäger
Banned
(01-12-2017, 03:45 AM)

Originally Posted by DarthWoo

There's already a distressingly huge amount of people who have demonstrated that they will hang on every word Trump says. There is also as distressingly a large number of people who already believe that vaccines cause autism, or who are on the fence. Create a Venn diagram of those groups and just imagine the disaster that could result.

I see your point ..
all I can say is that it is up to the pediatricians to remain viligent and educate the masses

Vigilant*
Last edited by Schattenjäger; 01-12-2017 at 03:48 AM.
Nafai1123
dirty Netflix p00rs!
breathing my air
(01-12-2017, 03:48 AM)
Nafai1123's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

This is false .. a lie.. and hyperbolic

He's said many he's in favor of vaccines - just spread out
In one of the debates, he said this and carson and Paul agreed with him

wtf are you talking about? He literally says it IN HIS TWEETS. Kennedy wrote about it IN A BOOK. Why are you defending this? Anti-vax doesn't mean they are going to force people not to get vaccinated. It means they believe anti-science bullshit which could put children and people all over the country at risk because they are too ignorant to do the research themselves and will listen to what their government tells them and allows them to do.

I suppose you also believe a climate denier who says they will listen to the science when placed at the head of the EPA is not a climate denier?
i-Lo
Member
(01-12-2017, 03:49 AM)
i-Lo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

I see your point ..
all I can say is that it is up to the pediatricians to remain viligent and educate the masses

Save the fact that may most likely don't have the have same reach as someone in position of power and appears of tv. And in a celebrity driven culture where truth, as shown quite evidently, matters very little, they stand a lesser chance.
DarthWoo
I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
(01-12-2017, 03:51 AM)
DarthWoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

I see your point ..
all I can say is that it is up to the pediatricians to remain viligent and educate the masses

Vigilant*

They were already having a hard enough time of that to the point that entire schools/theme parks/etc. were facing outbreaks of preventable diseases...WITHOUT the most idiotic president in modern history deliberately trying to make it harder for them.
Schattenjäger
Banned
(01-12-2017, 03:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Nafai1123

wtf are you talking about? He literally says it IN HIS TWEETS. Kennedy wrote about it IN A BOOK. Why are you defending this? Anti-vax doesn't mean they are going to force people not to get vaccinated. It means they believe anti-science bullshit which could put children and people all over the country at risk because they are too ignorant to do the research themselves and will listen to what their government tells them and allows them to do.

I suppose you also believe a climate denier who says they will listen to the science when placed at the head of the EPA is not a climate denier?

I think most people listen their doctors and their children's doctors
I now understand the issue with misinformation .. I just don't think it will have as severe an impact on the landscape as some of you think
Maybe I'm just too optimistic
Schattenjäger
Banned
(01-12-2017, 03:52 AM)

Originally Posted by DarthWoo

They were already having a hard enough time of that to the point that entire schools/theme parks/etc. were facing outbreaks of preventable diseases...WITHOUT the most idiotic president in modern history deliberately trying to make it harder for them.

Yea I get it
You're making valid points that I overlooked
Let's hope for the best
Darkgran
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:50 AM)
Darkgran's Avatar
This "press conference" today ought to scare the shit out of everyone. What Trump did to the CNN reporter and how the press just went along with it is frightening. Trump is calling the press out not the other way around. We have some scary times ahead...
Last edited by Darkgran; 01-12-2017 at 05:53 AM.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(01-12-2017, 05:56 AM)
smokeymicpot's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkgran

This "press conference" today ought to scare the shit out of everyone. What Trump did to the CNN reporter and how the press just went along with it is frightening. Trump is calling the press out not the other way around. We are in for some scary stuff...

Very scary doesn't help he is still tweeting shit.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 50m50 minutes ago
We had a great News Conference at Trump Tower today. A couple of FAKE NEWS organizations were there but the people truly get what's going on

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...93877174087682
TatorTots
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:01 AM)
TatorTots's Avatar
Watching Trump be very un presidential to the CNN guy was cringe worthy. I should also point out that I hate the word, "cringe" so me throwing it out there shouldn't be taken lightly.
adj_noun
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:03 AM)
adj_noun's Avatar
Didn't take them long to rebrand fake news, did it.
TatorTots
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:04 AM)
TatorTots's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkgran

This "press conference" today ought to scare the shit out of everyone. What Trump did to the CNN reporter and how the press just went along with it is frightening. Trump is calling the press out not the other way around. We have some scary times ahead...

Just made a post about the CNN reporter situation. I honestly can't judge other reporters that laughed seeing as how they're competitors, but him doing that was.......unnerving. I wouldn't doubt if he blocks out all news media to avoid hard questions when he is sworn in. It's also rattling that I watched it on CNN and some anchor mentioned how it was unprofessional of Buzz Feed and such to post a article BEFORE the conference began...then Trump blatantly lies and says CNN reported the story as well. It was weird to watch and I'm not sure how American voters could fall for such a lie.
Last edited by TatorTots; 01-12-2017 at 06:07 AM.
MrCheez
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:07 AM)
MrCheez's Avatar

Originally Posted by smokeymicpot

Very scary doesn't help he is still tweeting shit.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 50m50 minutes ago
We had a great News Conference at Trump Tower today. A couple of FAKE NEWS organizations were there but the people truly get what's going on

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...93877174087682

how is this real...

HOOOWWW
Fancyarcher
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:08 AM)

Originally Posted by TatorTots

Just made a post about the CNN reporter situation. I honestly can't judge other reporters that laughed seeing as how they're competitors, but him doing that was.......unnerving. I wouldn't doubt if he blocks out all news media to avoid hard questions when he is sworn in. It's also rattling that I watched it on CNN and some anchor mentioned how it was unprofessional of Buzz Feed and such to post a article BEFORE the conference began...then Trump blatantly lies and says CNN reported the story as well. It was weird to watch and I'm not sure how American voters could fall for such a lie.

Most people voted Trump out of ignorance. Oh boy are they in for a rude awakening.
TatorTots
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:09 AM)
TatorTots's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrCheez

how is this real...

HOOOWWW

Because some people are ignorant and will eat every word he says. Honest news organizations are now "fake news" to them. Buzz Feed was always laughable, but I enjoy CNN. eh
EatinOlives
Harass A Bull?
Report to HR.
(01-12-2017, 06:09 AM)
EatinOlives's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psychoward

ok, what did you expect when you voted for her? Green Party didn't increase in power at all and progressive movements are gonna take a backseat in the country.

Don't be silly, Jill Stein voters didn't actually have a through-line to any kind of long-term plan.
norm9
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:11 AM)

Originally Posted by TatorTots

Just made a post about the CNN reporter situation. I honestly can't judge other reporters that laughed seeing as how they're competitors, but him doing that was.......unnerving.

The very jarring clapping and cheering at a presidential news press conference were Trump staffers and aides filling up the sides. Creepy.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(01-12-2017, 06:13 AM)
smokeymicpot's Avatar

Originally Posted by TatorTots

Because some people are ignorant and will eat every word he says. Honest news organizations are now "fake news" to them. Buzz Feed was always laughable, but I enjoy CNN. eh

This and doesn't help MSNBC ran with a article today that said it was all bullshit. Shit sucks honestly.
Ac30
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:15 AM)

Originally Posted by smokeymicpot

This and doesn't help MSNBC ran with a article today that said it was all bullshit. Shit sucks honestly.

That was fucking weird now that it's been shown the CNN leak was true.
TatorTots
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:21 AM)
TatorTots's Avatar

Originally Posted by norm9

The very jarring clapping and cheering at a presidential news press conference were Trump staffers and aides filling up the sides. Creepy.

I'd imagine some reporters laughed at that simply because its so unbelievable. Personally, I keep trying to hold out hope, but after today....witnessing that train wreck. I'm genuinely worried now.
SL128
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:29 AM)
SL128's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

This is false .. a lie.. and hyperbolic

He's said many he's in favor of vaccines - just spread out
In one of the debates, he said this and carson and Paul agreed with him

.
watershed
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:36 AM)
watershed's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

This is false .. a lie.. and hyperbolic

He's said many he's in favor of vaccines - just spread out
In one of the debates, he said this and carson and Paul agreed with him

Its really too bad Trump is right there to prove you wrong with his own words. Or else someone might actually believe your bs.
sugarhigh4242
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:46 AM)

Originally Posted by EatinOlives

Don't be silly, Jill Stein voters didn't actually have a through-line to any kind of long-term plan.

https://www.socialistalternative.org...rump-party-99/
Codeblue
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:52 AM)
Codeblue's Avatar
There's nothing I love more than watching people try to defend Trump with his own words. How have you not figured out that Trump has held both sides of every argument by this point? How many times will he have to betray you before you realize that defending him is futile? The guy has no convictions. Don't tell me what he believes now because that might not be the convenient truth for him to peddle tomorrow, and in all likelihood, wasn't what was convenient to believe a decade ago.

Originally Posted by adj_noun

Didn't take them long to rebrand fake news, did it.

Republicans projecting and taking advantage of the seemingly infinite immunity to cognitive dissonance within their party? Sounds about right.
Future
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:01 AM)

Originally Posted by SL128

.

People even on this forum people still believing what they want over straight up facts. Trump can say anything and people will still refuse to believe it somehow
Future
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Link

If the examples on the last page are what represents our far left, it's no wonder the Dems got slaughtered. Holy hell.

It absolutely is and is ridiculous. Liberals want perfect non existent candidates. Republicans want to win
Codeblue
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:11 AM)
Codeblue's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

I see your point ..
all I can say is that it is up to the pediatricians to remain viligent and educate the masses

Vigilant*

I just want to add that it's a disaster for me when some news outlet publishes a story on flossing being worthless, or having to fight against Dr. Oz saying something stupid about metal fillings. Now imagine the president doing that. You think physicians have a chance?

People trust their TV more than professionals and groups that dedicate their lives to their areas of expertise. There's a reason more than half of Trump supporters believe he won the popular vote. They live in his warped reality, so when he starts talking about illegals voting, or vaccines causing autism, he's causing irreparable damage. He has become the authority on all things to some people, and that's a problem when he mostly speaks in half truths if not outright lies.
Last edited by Codeblue; 01-12-2017 at 07:16 AM.
sugarhigh4242
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Future

It absolutely is and is ridiculous. Liberals want perfect non existent candidates. Republicans want to win

Liberals are not the left. There's a faulty idea going around that liberals are entitled to the votes of their political opponents on the left. Meanwhile, quite a lot of white suburban liberals voted for Trump.
Ri'Orius
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:23 AM)
Ri'Orius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Schattenjäger

He's said many he's in favor of vaccines - just spread out

And he's in favor of that because he believes vaccines cause autism.

Vaccines do not cause autism. Having a bunch at once doesn't cause autism, having them spread out won't prevent autism. "Vaccines should be spread out" is to the anti-vax movement as "there's no proof of macroevolution" is to the creationist movement: it's someone trying to be reasonable and moderate and acting like the truth lies between the two sides.

Where the two sides are "medical/scientific experts with mountains of data" versus "random schmucks' gut feelings."
depths20XX
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:27 AM)
depths20XX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dubbedinenglish

From PoliGAF:



https://twitter.com/mikeyface/status/819334956027695104


Blank pages, feign surprise everyone!!

Am I on facebook or some shit? How can you even tell the pages are blank? You sound just as crazy as the far right. At least have some proof cuz this type of clickbait shit makes the left look just as bad.
Link
The Autumn Wind
(01-12-2017, 07:28 AM)
Link's Avatar

Originally Posted by depths20XX

Am I on facebook or some shit? How can you even tell the pages are blank? You sound just as crazy as the far right. At least have some proof cuz this type of clickbait shit makes the left look just as bad.

Agreed. People know what margins are, right?
GrizzNKev
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:30 AM)
GrizzNKev's Avatar
I can't believe not one person had the balls to walk up and flip one of those open
ssolitare
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:30 AM)

Originally Posted by depths20XX

Am I on facebook or some shit? How can you even tell the pages are blank? You sound just as crazy as the far right. At least have some proof cuz this type of clickbait shit makes the left look just as bad.

According to the poster of that image:

No folder labels. Contracts have page numbers. The paper is the wrong size (not legal size). No stickies, etc. Page numbers go in the corners. Also there’s a full inch of a piece sticking out at the bottom.

Google it and check yourself if you want to though. I didn't/don't care/unsurprised so I didn't bother. We know it doesn't absolve himself from creating policy that would benefit his sons companies, which he alluded to taking over again one day anyway if they performed poorly. Like Trump needs to be way smarter rather than go for tag lines.
Last edited by ssolitare; 01-12-2017 at 07:34 AM.
GrizzNKev
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:32 AM)
GrizzNKev's Avatar

Originally Posted by ssolitare

According to the poster of that image:

No folder labels. Contracts have page numbers. The paper is the wrong size (not legal size). No stickies, etc. Page numbers go in the corners. Also there’s a full inch of a piece sticking out at the bottom

yeah they're pretty clearly blank. They're not organized in any way. Just a shit ton of loose papers. Any actual business documents would not just be thousands of unlabeled, disorganized loose papers.
kess
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:33 AM)
kess's Avatar

Originally Posted by depths20XX

Am I on facebook or some shit? How can you even tell the pages are blank? You sound just as crazy as the far right. At least have some proof cuz this type of clickbait shit makes the left look just as bad.

In the absence of concrete proof or transparency, of course people are only going to assume that. There was no reason for the papers to be there except as a prop.

Or, like the recent Volkswagen fraud case, where that dude presented a folder to California full of spurious facts.

But we'll never know because they were on a table and not to be looked at.
Rayne009
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:33 AM)
Rayne009's Avatar

Originally Posted by depths20XX

Am I on facebook or some shit? How can you even tell the pages are blank? You sound just as crazy as the far right. At least have some proof cuz this type of clickbait shit makes the left look just as bad.

Seriously? The utter lack of any sort of organization isn't a dead giveaway?
BudokaiMR2
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:33 AM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar

Originally Posted by Link

Agreed. People know what margins are, right?

My legal team would fucking execute me if I didn't put page numbers on my contracts.

Not saying that FUD is true, but I gotta say it does look kinda off. Where are the labels? The endless rainbow of stickies?
digdug2k
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Ri'Orius

And he's in favor of that because he believes vaccines cause autism.

Vaccines do not cause autism. Having a bunch at once doesn't cause autism, having them spread out won't prevent autism. "Vaccines should be spread out" is to the anti-vax movement as "there's no proof of macroevolution" is to the creationist movement: it's someone trying to be reasonable and moderate and acting like the truth lies between the two sides.

Where the two sides are "medical/scientific experts with mountains of data" versus "random schmucks' gut feelings."

But they're treating them like horses! Think of the children!

My kids have had to get a bunch of shots since we're moving overseas soon. Its crazy how careful they are about what to mix and not mix (it also means we have had to go in multiple times for multiple shots, and trust me, taking a 4 year old in for 7 different shots over 4 weeks hasn't been enjoyable for anyone).
kess
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:36 AM)
kess's Avatar
I mean, come the fuck on, this is fucking 2017 and we have people believing that a bunch of papers on a table are real when that shit could be open sourced in minutes.

God, some people are more gullible than their fucking grandparents.
depths20XX
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:37 AM)
depths20XX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rayne009

Seriously? The utter lack of any sort of organization isn't a dead giveaway?

Sorry I don't just jump to conclusions without any facts. There is no way to tell those pages are blank from that photo, and I think Trump is an asshat.
wonderful103
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:38 AM)

Originally Posted by GrizzNKev

I can't believe not one person had the balls to walk up and flip one of those open

They were not allowed to do so. Cause you know. They must be real. People really don't know props when they see them?
GrizzNKev
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:41 AM)
GrizzNKev's Avatar

Originally Posted by wonderful103

They were not allowed to do so. Cause you know. They must be real. People really don't know props when they see them?

lol. Not allowed. What the fuck does that even mean? Not allowed doesn't apply anymore. If trump's people say I'm not allowed to do something, then I'm even more certain I'll do it.
Rayne009
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:41 AM)
Rayne009's Avatar

Originally Posted by depths20XX

Sorry I don't just jump to conclusions without any facts. There is no way to tell those pages are blank from that photo, and I think Trump is an asshat.

No professional in their right mind would have a bunch of important documents completely and utterly unorganized. That's how you lose things. (And even if you don't lose them the wasted time and energy looking for specific documents like really no one's doing that.) Even if it was all copies of the same sheet the folders would still be labeled because they'd have to be placed back somewhere there's other documents (because again no company has one document to be stored) and it'd be sheer and utter lunacy not to be able to tell your stuff apart without having to actually open up the folders and see the documents themselves.

Hell even most high school students wouldn't do such stupidity.
Last edited by Rayne009; 01-12-2017 at 07:46 AM.
wonderful103
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:42 AM)

Originally Posted by GrizzNKev

lol. Not allowed. What the fuck does that even mean? Not allowed doesn't apply anymore. If trump's people say I'm not allowed to do something, then I'm even more certain I'll do it.

People were not allowed to touch them or approach them.
TheOMan
Tagged as I see fit
(01-12-2017, 07:45 AM)
TheOMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by depths20XX

Sorry I don't just jump to conclusions without any facts. There is no way to tell those pages are blank from that photo, and I think Trump is an asshat.

Page numbers, labels, some SEMBLANCE of organisation?


It's okay to do some critical thinking in the space of imperfect information.
StrikeNinja24
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:45 AM)
StrikeNinja24's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrizzNKev

lol. Not allowed. What the fuck does that even mean? Not allowed doesn't apply anymore. If trump's people say I'm not allowed to do something, then I'm even more certain I'll do it.

Well. now it's the secret service.
depths20XX
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:49 AM)
depths20XX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rayne009

No professional in their right mind would have a bunch of important documents completely and utterly unorganized. That's how you lose things. (And even if you don't lose them the wasted time and energy looking for specific documents like really no one's doing that.) Even if it was all copies of the same sheet they folders would still be labeled because they'd have to be placed back somewhere there's other documents and it'd be sheer and utter lunacy not to be able to tell your stuff apart without having to actually open up the folders and see the documents themselves.

Hell even most high school students wouldn't do such stupidity.

I think you're right and it was mostly just some placeholder. I can't confirm it without further evidence unless someone actually looked at whats inside. Ultimately I find it hard to care about a pile of folders when there's so many other things wrong with this guy. If true it would confirm he's a liar but what else is new. Even if someone did look at them he'd just say, "It was obviously just a representation of all the documents, I obviously wouldn't be so stupid to bring them all out here."
Last edited by depths20XX; 01-12-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Thread Tools