• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Wesley-Sigma
(03-20-2017, 10:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Hektor

Noooo, dangit. That's not very nice of your friend :(

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%97%A9%E...dp/B01LTI9I72/

Eventually, you'll have to buy amazon payment cards tho

The 3 Disc set if ordered early comes with a 4th bonus disc.

Thank you for that.

Also, what do you mean? I can't just use my debit card for Amazon.co.jp?
Hektor
(03-20-2017, 10:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Wesley-Sigma

Thank you for that.

Some payment methods and cards work, some don't. You just gotta try and find out.
hans_castorp
(03-20-2017, 10:15 PM)
Umm I don't know if my game has glitched or it's some Yoko Taro fuckery.

I'm in the middle of route B (just after flooded city) and I have noticed that in some cutscenes there are some blurry silhouettes in the background.
Like graphical glitches.
It's kinda creepy and weird.
ramyeon
(03-20-2017, 10:18 PM)
The 9S hate honestly baffles me, I loved his character.

And had heaps of fun with Route B. Felt so OP with hacking and spear throws.
Ghazi
(03-20-2017, 10:18 PM)

Originally Posted by hans_castorp

Umm I don't know if my game has glitched or it's some Yoko Taro fuckery.

I'm in the middle of route B (just after flooded city) and I have noticed that in some cutscenes there are some blurry silhouettes in the background.
Like graphical glitches.
It's kinda creepy and weird.

Not a glitch
Brian_FETO
(03-20-2017, 10:20 PM)

Originally Posted by ramyeon

I was like "hacking is fun but I miss the combat"

Now I'm like "the combat is fun but I wish I could just hack some of these"

Lol
Ferr986
(03-20-2017, 10:21 PM)
wow, that Opera boss. Just wow!
Demoskinos
(03-20-2017, 10:23 PM)
Can anyone help on the Eve fight in Route B? I've hacked him dozens of times over and over again and he keeeeeeeeeeeeeeps regenerating his health. How do I end this? I've been at it for almost 10 to 15 minutes now. =|
Dunan
(03-20-2017, 10:25 PM)
If any fellow Gaffers need help getting that OST, shoot me a PM because I live in Japan and would have no problem hooking you up.
Eklesp
(03-20-2017, 10:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Demoskinos

Can anyone help on the Eve fight in Route B? I've hacked him dozens of times over and over again and he keeeeeeeeeeeeeeps regenerating his health. How do I end this? I've been at it for almost 10 to 15 minutes now. =|

Odd, i remember hacking him like 5 times and then he heals once and then hacked a few more times, then the ending sequence where you are moving slow and injured.
Demoskinos
(03-20-2017, 10:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Eklesp

Odd, i remember hacking him like 5 times and then he heals once and then hacked a few more times, then the ending sequence where you are moving slow and injured.

Yeah. Dunno. I've done his entire life bar damage via hacking and hacked him right before he regens but then still nothing....
tuxfool
(03-20-2017, 10:34 PM)

Yeah. Dunno. I've done his entire life bar damage via hacking and hacked him right before he regens but then still nothing....

For me that fight played out exactly in the same way as Route A.
OniBaka
(03-20-2017, 10:35 PM)

I got used to it so it didn't bother me but then I went back to 2B and I was like yeah I missed this.
Screaming Meat
(03-20-2017, 10:41 PM)

Originally Posted by meltingparappa

It's nothing too mysterious. He just means you'll come across some tucked away in the overworld.

Nice one, ta.
Jiraiza
(03-20-2017, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Wesley-Sigma

Thank you for that.

Depends on your credit card and provider/bank. If you have like a Chase Visa, Amazon JP accepts it with no fuss.
Demoskinos
(03-20-2017, 10:47 PM)
Maybe I'm glitched then cause I dunno I've won like 90-95% of the hacking games I've done done them as fast as I can and this fight isn't progressing. Awesome.
OniBaka
(03-20-2017, 10:48 PM)
Maybe, probably best to restart the fight. Hope you saved.
Eklesp
(03-20-2017, 10:51 PM)

Maybe I'm glitched then cause I dunno I've won like 90-95% of the hacking games I've done done them as fast as I can and this fight isn't progressing. Awesome.

Is damage even happening? each hack should remove like a quarter of this health.. I ran into some enemies on B in city ruins. Could not do any damage tho them, figured it was for a side quest or something so I left. Could have been a bug.
Demoskinos
(03-20-2017, 10:56 PM)
Yeah okay, i was glitched. So... you hack him after he regens the first time and are supposed to get the "special" hacking game where you fight a silhouette of eve in hacking space a few times then get a short dialog with adam and eve.

For some reason the first time I tried the fight it kept loading standard hacking games instead of the one that was supposed to load to continue on the story. Which just put me in an endless loop. Dying and restarting the fight fixed it.
Fisty
(03-20-2017, 10:57 PM)
So I've made up my mind: I'm about halfway through the Nier 1 platinum trophy, and finishing that up will require an immense amount of pain and patience. In light of this, ive decided to buy all the Automata trophies.

I'm convinced Taro put that shop in there as an apology for Nier 1's fuck-awful mat grind
Hades Hotgun
(03-20-2017, 10:58 PM)

9S is my favorite new character in the game. My favorite being Emil.

And yeah, hacking just seems so much quicker when it comes to dispatching enemies, especially the bigger ones.
Eklesp
(03-20-2017, 10:59 PM)

I want to click this so hard. Need to get home and finish C
Jiraiza
(03-20-2017, 11:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Eklesp

I want to click this so hard. Need to get home and finish C

You still need to finish D and E after that, though.
Eklesp
(03-20-2017, 11:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

MADNESS!!

ok, excited
OniBaka
(03-20-2017, 11:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

And Y
Tribes of Trusty
(03-20-2017, 11:10 PM)
Loved first Nier, just beat BOTW, so Automata is the next logical game before Persona 5. I have a few questions :
1) What do I need to know gameplay wise to enjoy the game at the fullest ?(except obvious things such as replaying the game several times)
2) Is the game beatable in two weeks time by playing every evening ? I fear I won't touch it again once P5 releases.
Thanks !
Demoskinos
(03-20-2017, 11:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Tribes of Trusty

Loved first Nier, just beat BOTW, so Automata is the next logical game before Persona 5. I have a few questions :
1) What do I need to know gameplay wise to enjoy the game at the fullest ?(except obvious things such as replaying the game several times)
2) Is the game beatable in two weeks time by playing every evening ? I fear I won't touch it again once P5 releases.
Thanks !

If you have adequate time to devote to it yeah I'd say two weeks is plenty to wring all the content out of the game.
meltingparappa
(03-20-2017, 11:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Tribes of Trusty

Thanks !

1) Take the 'save' warning to heart. Take the message after Ending A to heart.

2) ...probably. Depending on your level of completion, it may take around 30-50 hours. Sidequests are generally great but not necessary. You can also set the game to 'easy' at any time.
theangrypirate
(03-20-2017, 11:19 PM)

1) Take the 'save' warning to heart. Take the message after Ending A to heart.

I just beat route A and started Route B. What is the message after ending A you are referring to?
ramyeon
(03-20-2017, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by theangrypirate

I just beat route A and started Route B. What is the message after ending A you are referring to?

Probably the Square Enix "PR" message urging players to keep playing to discover more endings.
meltingparappa
(03-20-2017, 11:22 PM)

Probably the Square Enix "PR" message urging players to keep playing to discover more endings.

Yeah basically that.

I appreciate them trying to take all the guesswork out of that structure.
show me your skeleton
(03-20-2017, 11:26 PM)

from square pr: play the game again
theangrypirate
(03-20-2017, 11:26 PM)

Yeah basically that.

I appreciate them trying to take all the guesswork out of that structure.

Originally Posted by show me your skeleton

from square pr: play the game again

Ah, gotcha, I definitely got that message from reading this board :)

I'm having such a great time with this game. Can't wait to see what else is left.
SomedayTheFire
(03-20-2017, 11:27 PM)
The worst part about this game is I actually had stuff to do this evening and spent it all playing this.
theultimo
(03-20-2017, 11:28 PM)
Umm, ending e..

it does delete everything if you let it
theangrypirate
(03-20-2017, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire

The worst part about this game is I actually had stuff to do this evening and spent it all playing this.

Hahaha, I know what you mean. I had a friend visit from out of town yesterday and I kept thinking how I would rather be playing NieR. This game man...
show me your skeleton
(03-20-2017, 11:31 PM)
so i definitely saw at least one really obvious white flower, is that linked to you-know-what?
ramyeon
(03-20-2017, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by theultimo

Umm, ending e..

it does delete everything if you let it

They give you ample warning though, so this shouldn't be a surprise.
Hexxen-Panda
(03-20-2017, 11:39 PM)
Just started route B. Didn't expect to trigger ending G WTF LMAO

I also saw a picture of 2B wearing glasses online. Did I miss my chance of getting those for her?
brawly
(03-20-2017, 11:40 PM)
So how linear is this? Need something linear after Horizon.
LotusHD
(03-20-2017, 11:42 PM)

Originally Posted by brawly

So how linear is this? Need something linear after Horizon.

Pretty linear if you want it to be. You can pretty much just focus on the main story if you absolutely need to, or just do them on your own time once you unlock fast travel . There is an open world, but it trying to be super big like its contemporaries (Horizon, Zelda, Witcher 3, etc.), it's more like Ocarina of Time's world with interconnected levels.
HeelPower
(03-20-2017, 11:43 PM)

The 9S hate honestly baffles me.

I like his character ,and his gameplay offered a very different experience.

But I honestly can't get over his design. He looks like a fucking child(but his role in the story is that of a full grown adult).Its ridiculous.

I wish he looked like Adam or Eve instead.Then he would be an even match to 2B.

As great as NieR is,it couldn't escape some JRPG tropes.
Last edited by HeelPower; 03-20-2017 at 11:48 PM.
ramyeon
(03-20-2017, 11:45 PM)

Originally Posted by LotusHD

Pretty linear if you want it to be. You can pretty much just focus on the main story if you absolutely need to, or just do them on your own time once you unlock fast travel . There is an open world, but it trying to be super big like its contemporaries (Horizon, Zelda, Witcher 3, etc.), it's more like Ocarina of Time's world with interconnected levels.

The OoT comparison is perfect for how this world is structured. I never really felt it was an open world game like GTA or Witcher 3.
Ferr986
(03-20-2017, 11:46 PM)
Wish side quests had a recommended lvl. Some side quests openen after a happening, so I acepted one and suddenly my lvl 13 2B was surrounded by lvl 30 bots lol
Taruranto
<3 BioWare <3
(03-20-2017, 11:47 PM)
This (early game speculation) Council of Humanity sounds flimsy as hell. I bet it doesn't exist. Even the alien backstory seems flimsy.
Last edited by Taruranto; 03-21-2017 at 01:47 AM.
brawly
(03-20-2017, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by LotusHD

The OoT comparison is perfect for how this world is structured. I never really felt it was an open world game like GTA or Witcher 3.

Sounds good. I'm burned out on open world games and I loved the demo. Ordered it.
Althane
(03-20-2017, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Ferr986

Wish side quests had a recommended lvl. Some side quests openen after a happening, so I acepted one and suddenly my lvl 13 2B was surrounded by lvl 30 bots lol

The parade quest? Yeah, that one surprised me too.

The bright side is that you can go back pretty easily and do all of them. I even think that there's a rough form of scaling (i.e., if you're above a level threshold, it'll add more powerful bots), but don't quote me on that.
ramyeon
(03-20-2017, 11:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Hexxen-Panda

Just started route B. Didn't expect to trigger ending G WTF LMAO

I also saw a picture of 2B wearing glasses online. Did I miss my chance of getting those for her?

Those are only attainable really late game I think.

But nothing is permanently missable anyway.
Ferr986
(03-20-2017, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Althane

The bright side is that you can go back pretty easily and do all of them. I even think that there's a rough form of scaling (i.e., if you're above a level threshold, it'll add more powerful bots), but don't quote me on that.

Yep! that one felt bad for the cute clown bots, I like them lol. I'll wait a lil and try it later.
ramyeon
(03-20-2017, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Althane

There's no scaling on the sub quests that I could notice.