• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

rekameohs
(03-09-2017, 01:52 AM)

Originally Posted by ViolentP

That the issue? A damned shame. That soundtrack was amazing.

Rebirth / Afterbirth has a different composer - Ridiculon.
ViolentP
(03-09-2017, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by rekameohs

Rebirth / Afterbirth has a different composer - Ridiculon.

I really don't have issue with the newer stuff but that original was masterful. I could always boot it up on the PC for nostalgic purposes I suppose.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(03-09-2017, 01:54 AM)
I'm buying it to see if I can flip it in a few years.
maven
(03-09-2017, 01:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Soph

I love that box and manual, is it even coming out physically in Europe though?

I think they implied it might, but no date yet. I preordered through Amazon to Aus.

I've had an earlier version on steam for ages, but just can't play this kind of game on anything but a handheld. Looking forward to it.

Edit for link: https://mobile.twitter.com/nicalis/s...952320?lang=en
Last edited by maven; 03-09-2017 at 01:58 AM.
_Clash_
(03-09-2017, 01:57 AM)

Originally Posted by maven

I think they implied it might, but no date yet. I preordered through Amazon to Aus.

I've had an earlier version on steam for ages, but just can't play this kind of game on anything but a handheld. Looking forward to it.

Do you need a third party for Amazon to AU? Was looking at it, but as discussed, the preorder for Isaac is since sold out
maven
(03-09-2017, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by _Clash_

Do you need a third party for Amazon to AU? Was looking at it, but as discussed, the preorder for Isaac is since sold out

Nope. It was ~ $35 for the game and $7 shipping (USD) to Brisbane. Bodes well for future US only releases.
_Clash_
(03-09-2017, 02:02 AM)

Originally Posted by maven

Nope. It was ~ $35 for the game and $7 shipping (USD) to Brisbane. Bodes well for future US only releases.

Nice. Play asia was 45usd with economy delivery.So some good options.
_Clash_
(03-09-2017, 03:09 AM)
Is single JoyCon co op a safe assumption to make?
Kinsei
(03-09-2017, 03:22 AM)

It should be. stick to move, face buttons to shoot, and triggers for pills/cards/runes and usable items.

Expanding the map and fast restart would be have to moved to the pause menu but that's no big deal.
StaticJam
(03-09-2017, 03:31 AM)

Yeah Edmund tweeted about Co-Op being per joycon back in February but took the tweet down because he was showing off a dev kit iirc
Thoraxes
(03-09-2017, 03:32 AM)

Originally Posted by lantus

As much as I want to use my gamers club discount on this, I think I want it digital. Not having to switch carts to play this seems ideal.

I had it in one of my many Visa Checkout orders, so it ended up coming out to about $27 or so.
sikkinixx
(03-09-2017, 03:46 AM)
Looks cool. But. Man. $45 cnd after the prime discount is just too much.

That manual though.
Setvan2734
(03-09-2017, 03:56 AM)
gameplay of the switch version here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChB8Tn_H7vU

single joycon each coop is included
Rezbit
(03-09-2017, 03:58 AM)
Interested to know what the digital Aussie price is (assuming it's released same-day).
Dingotech
(03-09-2017, 04:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Setvan2734

Looking good! I like the sound of some of the add on content being locked away until you start clearing the base content. Gives you more reason to keep playing.
Kinsei
(03-09-2017, 04:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Dingotech

Looking good! I like the sound of some of the add on content being locked away until you start clearing the base content. Gives you more reason to keep playing.

That is cool but I was looking forward to using Apollyon on my first run. You gotta love the void item.
Dingotech
(03-09-2017, 04:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Kinsei

That is cool but I was looking forward to using Apollyon on my first run. You gotta love the void item.

Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ content will be all new to me, so I'm kind of glad that I won't be overwhelmed with new content right away. XD
StaticJam
(03-09-2017, 04:31 AM)
Oh right I'll have to play the game without Isaac starting with the D6. Rip
Seik
(03-09-2017, 04:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Setvan2734

Didn't know there was co-op in this game, glad I pre-ordered.
MANUELF
(03-09-2017, 04:39 AM)
Im interested, too bad is 1200 pesos here
wbEMX
(03-09-2017, 04:43 AM)
Will get it digitally when it gets on sale down the line. Never really played BoI and this seems to be the ultimate "one round in portable mode before going to bed" type of game, so I want the digital version. Will be the first time I experience BoI.
RampagingSoul
(03-09-2017, 04:48 AM)
Already pre-ordered the physical version via Best Buy (GCU and Visa Checkout).

Should be great since I haven't played the game in a while and never played the expansions really (had the Vita versions) and I only got a few endings...
StaticJam
(03-09-2017, 04:49 AM)

Originally Posted by wbEMX

Will get it digitally when it gets on sale down the line. Never really played BoI and this seems to be the ultimate "one round in portable mode before going to bed" type of game, so I want the digital version. Will be the first time I experience BoI.

If want a good idea of the game ahead of time I recommend watching Northernlion's Rebirth series
https://youtu.be/DRXY0J2V0f8
Novocaine
(03-09-2017, 04:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Unbelievable how Switch has Afterbirth+ before PS4. Unless I missed an announcement.

Nope still waiting.

Classic Nicalis bullshit. I wish McMillen went with a different company.
StaticJam
(03-09-2017, 04:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Novocaine

Nope still waiting.

Classic Nicalis bullshit. I wish McMillen went with a different company.

Yeah there's no reason for it to take so long to port to PS4/X1, but my bet is they put a lot behind getting AB+ out on Switch asap. Sell to existing PS4/X1 customers or be one of the very few launch titles on a very lucrative system and sell to thousands of new customers?

Still upset the void portal was fucked on PC for like 3 weeks
Cincaid
(03-09-2017, 06:56 AM)

Originally Posted by unrealist

Afterbirth+ will only be released on Q2 / May 2017 for PS4 and Xbox.

Where did you see this? Trying to find any information regarding this from official channels (like Nicalis Twitter) but no luck so far. But damn, that's disappointing if true. :(
_Clash_
(03-09-2017, 07:00 AM)
Sounds like this release is a really big deal for this guy, I know he loves Nintendo and getting a spot at retail on Nintendo would be a massive thrill. Hence the manual, reversible cover, stickers etc,

Really excited to pick it up as I've avoided/missed out on this but love meat boy, 2D zelda and top down shooters.

If this is what nintendo can do for indies I'm pretty pumped for the future of my collection
Lucifon
(03-09-2017, 07:02 AM)
Is it out on this day in the EU eshop?
jonno394
(03-09-2017, 07:03 AM)
Preordered day 1 and this will be my second Switch import game after I Am Setsuna. So happy this thing is region free.
Kagoshima_Luke
(03-09-2017, 08:46 AM)
Got this preordered at Best Buy. Great game and I 100% support awesome physical releases like this for smaller indie games.
Sesuadra
(03-09-2017, 08:49 AM)
I regret not pre-ordering from Amazon.com
fireflame
(03-09-2017, 09:42 AM)
I have the old BoI version and i did not get Rebirth, i may though because i heard it is easier;but i am goign to start to be lost with all those versions. I will wait to see because i suspect there will be more versions of this game.
Kinsei
(03-09-2017, 09:43 AM)

Originally Posted by fireflame

I have the old BoI version and i did not get Rebirth, i may though because i heard it is easier;but i am goign to start to be lost with all those versions. I will wait to see because i suspect there will be more versions of this game.

There won't be. Afterbirth + Is the end of Isaac unless they release a full sequel of course.
Phoenixus
(03-09-2017, 09:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Lucifon

It's nicalis. Don't expect it this year in Europe. :/ Best to make a US account and get it that way.
RockmanBN
(03-09-2017, 09:50 AM)

There won't be. Afterbirth + Is the end of Isaac unless they release a full sequel of course.

It will continue to expand with curated mods. They will be included monthly until Edmund decides to stop. Though it seems only available for PC.
Haunted
(03-09-2017, 10:11 AM)
I love Isaac dearly, but even I think that's too expensive.

Originally Posted by apieceofstrange

It's a Zelda themed manual, which is pretty cool.

That's fucking awesome.
Link_enfant
(03-09-2017, 12:28 PM)

No, go preorder internationally now for best results

What would be the best place to import this game? I'm from France, but I've only imported japanese games until now :(

EDIT: nevermind, just forgot that play-asia also great for US games. Placed my pre-order, I just hope I'll the various first editions bonuses (I don't know if they're very limited or not?)
Last edited by Link_enfant; 03-09-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Phillips455
(03-09-2017, 12:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Link_enfant

What would be the best place to import this game? I'm from France, but I've only imported japanese games until now :(

Both play Asia and Amazon. Com are good choices. Amazon.com will also take payment for possible import tax, and if any of it is not used, it gets refunded.
bidguy
(03-09-2017, 12:55 PM)
yeah, i wish them the best of luck but i wont ever buy another nicalis game. they way they treat ps4/xboners is awful.
Link_enfant
(03-09-2017, 01:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Phillips455

Both play Asia and Amazon. Com are good choices. Amazon.com will also take payment for possible import tax, and if any of it is not used, it gets refunded.

Yea Amazon was my first choice but it's not available anymore sadly, I've come a bit too late.
How do we know if we'll get the bonuses for first pre-orders though?

Edit - well, it should be fine, only the launch edition contains all of this sweet stuff but that's the only one we can buy at the moment, obviously. Can't wait!
Last edited by Link_enfant; 03-09-2017 at 01:28 PM.
sixteen-bit
(03-09-2017, 01:19 PM)
Can you use the OG BoI soundtrack? It was so good.
addyb
(03-12-2017, 02:52 PM)
My love for this game has made me drop just under £50 for the physical pre order even though I'm digital only. That launch edition just looks cool and it's not available in the uk so importing it from playasia. Paid extra for quicker shipping :)

The way i see it is i probably pay a lot more for games in sales throughout the year that i never get round to playing. Steam, psn, xbl etc. Isaac will get played...LOTS and I've actually only played the base game so AB and AB+ are new for me :)
Mafro
(03-12-2017, 02:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Lucifon

Hope so but I won't be surprised if it's not knowing how dreadful Nicalis have been with European releases.
deadfolk
(03-13-2017, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Mafro

Hope so but I won't be surprised if it's not knowing how dreadful Nicalis have been with European releases.

I have my doubts considering it's in the 'Coming Soon' section on NA eShop, but not EU.
Persona7
(03-13-2017, 01:11 AM)
What resolution does this game render at on the switch while docked?
CrashPrime
(03-13-2017, 01:27 AM)
I really dislike the art of this game. The let's plays look super repetitive. I think I will take a hard pass. Shame this got a physical and Fast RMX didn't.
StaticJam
(03-13-2017, 01:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Persona7

What resolution does this game render at on the switch while docked?

I'd be shocked if it wasn't 1080.

Originally Posted by CrashPrime

I really dislike the art of this game. The let's plays look super repetitive. I think I will take a hard pass. Shame this got a physical and Fast RMX didn't.

It's not really repetitive. The end game is always the same, but every single thing on the way there is always different.
Last edited by StaticJam; 03-13-2017 at 01:33 AM.
saunderez
(03-13-2017, 01:32 AM)

I'm pretty sure Apollyon is unlocked from the get go, at least on the PC version. I started a new save the other week and he was unlocked from the start.

Saying that - he's a hell of a lot more effective if you've got more items unlocked. The item pool on a new game is pretty damn shallow.
Kinsei
(03-13-2017, 01:36 AM)

Originally Posted by saunderez

I'm pretty sure Apollyon is unlocked from the get go, at least on the PC version. I started a new save the other week and he was unlocked from the start.

Saying that - he's a hell of a lot more effective if you've got more items unlocked. The item pool on a new game is pretty damn shallow.

They're locking stuff from the expansions in the Switch version so as not to overwhelm new players. I'm pretty sure Apollyon is going to be one of the things you have to unlock.
UberTag
(03-13-2017, 01:43 AM)

Originally Posted by StaticJam

Yeah Edmund tweeted about Co-Op being per joycon back in February but took the tweet down because he was showing off a dev kit iirc

Originally Posted by Seik

Didn't know there was co-op in this game, glad I pre-ordered.

You know what would be amazing as an additional 2-player mode? Having a split-screen (or multi-screen with more than one Switch) competitive race mode. Hell, make this an online matchmaking mode as well.

Let each player kick off a game with identical unlocks (allowing for quick soft-resets to shuffle for desired starter item drops) and allow them to race each other to whichever objective they've set out for themselves. Perhaps even allow for some customization tweaking to prevent certain crap or broken items from dropping.

I've seen some damn riveting Isaac races go right down to the wire and that ability to have this as a feature in addition to co-op would be a treat.