• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

balladofwindfishes
(03-20-2017, 08:38 PM)
balladofwindfishes's Avatar
Unless it was fixed for the Switch, you can totally still get unlocks in a victory lap.

Save and quit, continue the run from the main menu, and you can get unlocks in a victory lap. EZ CHEESE
Palette Swap
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:27 PM)
Palette Swap's Avatar
Well, this happened to me in today's daily:

I'll let you guys imagine how it went down.

The game crashed when I ended my run and now it crashes every time I try to launch the daily.

This is a dream setup for the endgame, when you're trying to get every item under the sun.
Jarsonot
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:28 PM)
Jarsonot's Avatar
Does this have cloud saves? The only way I was able to unlock certain things on PS4 was by cheesing the cloud save system.
Sleeping Lesson
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:28 PM)
Sleeping Lesson's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palette Swap

Well, this happened to me in today's daily:

I'll let you guys imagine how it went down.

The game crashed when I ended my run and now it crashes every time I try to launch the daily.

This is a dream setup for the endgame, when you're trying to get every item under the sun.



My god
StaticJam
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:39 PM)
StaticJam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palette Swap

Well, this happened to me in today's daily:

I'll let you guys imagine how it went down.

The game crashed when I ended my run and now it crashes every time I try to launch the daily.

This is a dream setup for the endgame, when you're trying to get every item under the sun.

ZANY
andthebeatgoeson
Junior Member
(03-20-2017, 11:18 PM)
andthebeatgoeson's Avatar
Which challenges should i do again?
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(03-20-2017, 11:24 PM)
chubigans's Avatar

Originally Posted by andthebeatgoeson

Which challenges should i do again?

Start with Computer Savvy, then Its in the Cards and High Brow.
Kinsei
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:27 PM)
Kinsei's Avatar

Originally Posted by andthebeatgoeson

Which challenges should i do again?

2, 8, 9, 16, and 17 are good to get out of the way first since the unlocks from them will greatly benefit you on future runs.

32 is also good to get out of the way early because it completely removes the drawbacks of a certain character but it's probably out of your league if you are just starting out.
Berordn
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:38 PM)
Berordn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kinsei

2, 8, 9, 16, and 17 are good to get out of the way first since the unlocks from them will greatly benefit you on future runs.

32 is also good to get out of the way early because it completely removes the drawbacks of a certain character but it's probably out of your league if you are just starting out.

32 is absurdly easy since the random nature of the pickups almost guarantees you'll basically always have multiple Gold Soul/Sin hearts that spawn more Gold Soul/Sin hearts once depleted. If you can get past the first floor, you're set.
andthebeatgoeson
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 12:03 AM)
andthebeatgoeson's Avatar
Thanks guys. But i still have to make it thru multiple floors? 😢
JPS Kai
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:05 AM)
JPS Kai's Avatar

Originally Posted by andthebeatgoeson

Thanks guys. But i still have to make it thru multiple floors? 😢

You didn't think it would be easy, did you?
h0tp0ck3t
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:09 AM)
h0tp0ck3t's Avatar
Wow Brimstone plus Analog Stick is my new favorite combination just blazed through Boss Rush only getting hit once
LowRoller
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:11 AM)
LowRoller's Avatar
Wow how did i not know about this game before the switch version. It's so addicting . I was worried 40 bucks was too much, but i can see myself playing this a lot
StaticJam
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
StaticJam's Avatar
32 is easily one of the worst challenges in the game. All it does is highlight how fucking horrible the bloat is.
Hero
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:42 AM)
Hero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kinsei

2, 8, 9, 16, and 17 are good to get out of the way first since the unlocks from them will greatly benefit you on future runs.

32 is also good to get out of the way early because it completely removes the drawbacks of a certain character but it's probably out of your league if you are just starting out.

I couldn't do the one where you are the cut and can't shoot. Is there a trick? It seemed really annoying and I was just trying to do circles to hit enemies.
balladofwindfishes
(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)
balladofwindfishes's Avatar
Once you get past the first floor, April Fool is basically unloseable.
AoM
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:03 AM)
AoM's Avatar

Originally Posted by StaticJam

32 is easily one of the worst challenges in the game. All it does is highlight how fucking horrible the bloat is.

/r/FUCKBLOAT



ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ᵇᶫᵒᵃᵗ
UberTag
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:25 AM)
UberTag's Avatar
Anyone else encountering a weird issue where the occasional Trite spider immediately parks it in the upper-left corner of the screen waiting to be killed as soon as it materializes?



Not that I'm complaining about an easy kill, but this has been happening far too often for it to be a fluke.

Originally Posted by Jarsonot

Does this have cloud saves? The only way I was able to unlock certain things on PS4 was by cheesing the cloud save system.

Sadly it does not. And, believe me, cheesing cloud saves was a boon I exploited heavily on the Vita. So they're definitely missed.

Originally Posted by dcassell

And to speak to the FPS issues, I've had a few, but never more than a few frames. Even in a lot of craziness the game really holds up its framerate, but I've had random drops walking through empty rooms, which is odd.

Check to see if you're walking through a spider web when those drops happen. You're slowing down for a reason.
Last edited by UberTag; 03-21-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Hispanicguy
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:27 AM)

Originally Posted by UberTag

Anyone else encountering a weird issue where the occasional Trite spider immediately parks it in the upper-left corner of the screen waiting to be killed as soon as it materializes?



Not that I'm complaining about an easy kill, but this has been happening far too often for it to be a fluke.

Yea, I've seen that a few times. I'm like, uhhhh, ok. I'll take it!
jackal27
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:27 AM)
jackal27's Avatar
So I'm hearing this version is pretty unstable? I played my friend's copy and it seemed to be ok in the hour or so I spent with it.
Kinsei
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:33 AM)
Kinsei's Avatar
I love how absurdly powerful you can get in greed mode. Take a look at my attack power (The number by the sword)



Originally Posted by Hero

I couldn't do the one where you are the cut and can't shoot. Is there a trick? It seemed really annoying and I was just trying to do circles to hit enemies.

Solar System? There's no real trick, it's just a training tool to get you better at using orbitals.
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(03-21-2017, 02:13 AM)
chubigans's Avatar

Originally Posted by jackal27

So I'm hearing this version is pretty unstable? I played my friend's copy and it seemed to be ok in the hour or so I spent with it.

It's actually the most stable version I've seen aside from PC. The PS4 version would regularly crash every 2-3 runs. I have yet to have a single crash in my 20ish runs on Switch.
andthebeatgoeson
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 02:26 AM)
andthebeatgoeson's Avatar

Originally Posted by JPS Kai

You didn't think it would be easy, did you?

Welp

balladofwindfishes
(03-21-2017, 03:20 AM)
balladofwindfishes's Avatar
If you want to do some absurd, ridiculous things that bring the game to its knees and make you its master, you absolutely have to just buckle down and do High Brow.
Nosgotham
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:24 AM)

Originally Posted by jackal27

So I'm hearing this version is pretty unstable? I played my friend's copy and it seemed to be ok in the hour or so I spent with it.

I've heard the opposite. I've had no issues so far
Persona7
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:26 AM)
Persona7's Avatar

Originally Posted by jackal27

So I'm hearing this version is pretty unstable? I played my friend's copy and it seemed to be ok in the hour or so I spent with it.

It has framerate issues in certain cases and some people are reporting crashing.
unrealist
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:37 AM)
I have been playing it religiously since launch and had no problems. Didn't experience any/much frame drops to affect gameplay much. I have the Steam version too and I would say I prefer it on the Switch as I can play it in the office and on bed :D
Rizzi
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:48 AM)
Rizzi's Avatar

I broke it just a little. The framerate really didn't appreciate what I did to it there. :P
Kinsei
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:48 AM)
Kinsei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rizzi

I broke it just a little. The framerate really didn't appreciate what I did to it there. :P

Poor Gish.
Rizzi
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:29 AM)
Rizzi's Avatar
Jesus, The Guardian challenge is absolutely awful.
Kinsei
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:36 AM)
Kinsei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rizzi

Jesus, The Guardian challenge is absolutely awful.

Yeah it really sucks. If you manage to get blood rights on that challenge then spam it in every room.
balladofwindfishes
(03-21-2017, 04:36 AM)
balladofwindfishes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rizzi

Jesus, The Guardian challenge is absolutely awful.

Haha

That's not even the worst Afterbirth challenge (the pink ones). Not by a longshot. The Afterbirth challenges are all garbage.
NippleViking
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:39 AM)
NippleViking's Avatar
Why won't they put it up on the Australian Eshop :(
BreakAtmo
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Kinsei

Solar System? There's no real trick, it's just a training tool to get you better at using orbitals.

Am I the only one who really likes Solar System? I find it a perfect example of “really difficult but wonderfully different and fun".
Fuzzery
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:50 AM)
Fuzzery's Avatar
Damn, couldn't beat delirium with no damage reduction and only 1 heart, even with nine lives. My dodging skills aren't up to snuff :( got him to 10% though, so close
Ozigizo
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:54 AM)
Ozigizo's Avatar

Originally Posted by UberTag

Anyone else encountering a weird issue where the occasional Trite spider immediately parks it in the upper-left corner of the screen waiting to be killed as soon as it materializes?



Not that I'm complaining about an easy kill, but this has been happening far too often for it to be a fluke.


Sadly it does not. And, believe me, cheesing cloud saves was a boon I exploited heavily on the Vita. So they're definitely missed.


Check to see if you're walking through a spider web when those drops happen. You're slowing down for a reason.

I've had it end runs. If it gets up there behind rocks and you have no bombs, you're fucked.

It's really shitty.
mothball
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Ozigizo

I've had it end runs. If it gets up there behind rocks and you have no bombs, you're fucked.

It's really shitty.

The doors should reopen if you wait several minutes, even with enemies remaining.
UberTag
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:15 AM)
UberTag's Avatar

Originally Posted by mothball

The doors should reopen if you wait several minutes, even with enemies remaining.

That glitch will still end runs where you're racing against the clock.
Definitely something that needs to be patched.
Rizzi
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:38 AM)
Rizzi's Avatar
If Solar System is meant to teach people how to use orbitals, then the Head Trauma challenge is used to teach people that some items are just bad.
ClayKavalier
Member
(03-21-2017, 08:00 AM)
ClayKavalier's Avatar
This game's like riding a bike for me, just beat Mom in my second seed, and my first I got screwed over by that powerup that makes tears orbit you. I got it on the second floor and gave up after a couple more, it's way too annoying trying to beat bosses with weak tears that are a pain in the ass to aim.

My second run was pretty crazy, I got a Devil room early on and got an item that apparently made Devil rooms more common. I ended up getting Brimstone and a few other Devil items, for a few floors I had no red hearts which was pretty tense. Killed Mom in like ten seconds.

If anyone is scared of performance issues, don't be. I played a TON of this game a few years back on Vita and loved it and the Switch version runs way better than that. I'm not alone in that, this is a great game for a handheld and the Vita version was popular. Also, as others have pointed out, the right combination of powerups can make a PC chug, frame drops aren't a deal-breaker for BoI. Personally I didn't notice any slowdown in the half hour or so I played.
Fuzzery
Member
(03-21-2017, 10:45 AM)
Fuzzery's Avatar
Ok, redeemed myself a bit. Beat the final boss twice in a row back to back. But still need to get faster
UberTag
Member
(03-21-2017, 10:50 AM)
UberTag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuzzery

Ok, redeemed myself a bit. Beat the final boss twice in a row back to back. But still need to get faster

Final boss, eh? You'll need to be more specific.
SinCityAssassin
Member
(03-21-2017, 10:51 AM)
SinCityAssassin's Avatar
This is so many fucking bombs I got from this item, mate. Jesus christ.
Fuzzery
Member
(03-21-2017, 10:52 AM)
Fuzzery's Avatar

Originally Posted by UberTag

Final boss, eh? You'll need to be more specific.

Delirium

I got to him 3 runs in a row but died the first time due to only having 1 heart and not being able to dodge everything

Also, bombs are pretty great once you stack upgrades, and I think book of shadows is the best active item. With any battery upgrades you're just invincible forever

I killed Hush in two of the runs to get there. I think he's actually harder to dodge, projectile, but delirium is far more unpredictable
Last edited by Fuzzery; 03-21-2017 at 10:57 AM.
RockmanBN
Member
(03-21-2017, 11:34 AM)
RockmanBN's Avatar
Are we able to even see past Daily Challenge scores. Not seeing anyway to see previous ones.
kinberg
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 11:59 AM)
kinberg's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmartoine

How did you get the digital cards? I tried buying them from Amazon US and it wouldn't let me buy them.

I have several different country locals set up for my amazon account. All I did was swap to my us adress (pick a state with no or low sales tax) and then bought em.

Instant delivery to your email adress!

Dunno if your credit card/debit card might be the issue. But works like a charm for me.
Jerry
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 12:05 PM)
Jerry's Avatar

Originally Posted by RockmanBN

Are we able to even see past Daily Challenge scores. Not seeing anyway to see previous ones.

There is https://greedbutt.com/ but I think it only works for the PC version

Originally Posted by jmartoine

How did you get the digital cards? I tried buying them from Amazon US and it wouldn't let me buy them.

I used PC Game Supply bought, delivered and redeemed within 5 minutes
Glen Tennis
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 12:27 PM)
Glen Tennis's Avatar
Sorry if this has been answered already but how fast is this game eating the battery, compared to Zelda for example? I love Isaac and I'm planning to get this once I get a Switch.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(03-21-2017, 12:52 PM)
derFeef's Avatar
Hmm I enjoyed the first BoI then fell off the franchise. I might get this for some rogue on the go action but the price seems really high, wow. Is there so much more content than in the original game?
casey_contra
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:05 PM)
casey_contra's Avatar

Originally Posted by derFeef

Hmm I enjoyed the first BoI then fell off the franchise. I might get this for some rogue on the go action but the price seems really high, wow. Is there so much more content than in the original game?

Yes. Hahaha, seriously! If you were coming from Rebirth maybe hold off but original vs. Rebirth/Afterbirth is a no brainer. I'm sure everyone wishes it was less expensive, but if you haven't already, take a look through his thread and you'll see a lot of opinions that the price is justified.

Thread Tools