• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Tron#1
(03-15-2017, 03:40 PM)
yep not for 40.
Kinsei
(03-15-2017, 03:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Deja

I don't know if this is the right place for it, but I'm in the UK and we aren't getting a physical. Amazon US is sold out, how can I get my hands on this?

VGPlus still has it and they currently have free worldwide shipping.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/the-bi...0d0e8d04763151

EDIT: This is for the standard edition though which means it won't be available until after launch.
Last edited by Kinsei; 03-15-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Psyrgery ES
(03-15-2017, 03:42 PM)

I don't know if this is the right place for it, but I'm in the UK and we aren't getting a physical. Amazon US is sold out, how can I get my hands on this?

Fruck!
Berordn
(03-15-2017, 03:43 PM)
I've sunk so many hours into so many versions of this game and I'm still contemplating picking it up again.

$40 is a little steep for a double dip, admittedly.
bosh
(03-15-2017, 03:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Kinsei

Correct.

Not really. Think Zelda 1 mixed with Smash TV mixed with Spelunky.

First time in a long time someone has mentioned Smash TV. One of the best NES/SNES games ever.
Mega Man's Electric Sheep
(03-15-2017, 03:45 PM)

Originally Posted by PhoenixSFT

Does anyone know the digital size of this game? Debating whether to get this physical or digital.

I saw the size somewhere (eshop maybe?) it was about 550 MB.
StaticJam
(03-15-2017, 03:50 PM)

Originally Posted by AEREC

Wouldn't mind having it on the go but $40 is a bit too much for me.

If means anything the game all DLC is roughly $36 on Steam.
Deja
(03-15-2017, 03:57 PM)

VGPlus still has it and they currently have free worldwide shipping.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/the-bi...0d0e8d04763151

EDIT: This is for the standard edition though which means it won't be available until after launch.

Thank you, but what's the difference? Didn't know there was anything other than the standard edition.

Edit - I looked, really want one with the manual, kinda the main reason I want physical.
Last edited by Deja; 03-15-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Kinsei
(03-15-2017, 03:59 PM)

Thank you, but what's the difference? Didn't know there was anything other than the standard edition.

The Day 1 edition comes with some cute stickers and a reversible cover. I think the instruction booklet is exclusive to the day 1 edition as well but I'm not 100% sure.
Deja
(03-15-2017, 04:02 PM)

The Day 1 edition comes with some cute stickers and a reversible cover. I think the instruction booklet is exclusive to the day 1 edition as well but I'm not 100% sure.

It is :( would happily buy the Day 1 edition at a high price if I could find it.

Someone mentioned the word "Fruck" but no idea what that is, google didn't help.
Flying Toaster
(03-15-2017, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by StaticJam

If means anything the game all DLC is roughly $36 on Steam.

This plus the extra $4 if you go physical you get an instruction booklet and stuff. I am excited to get a physical copy of this game and an instruction booklet.
casey_contra
(03-15-2017, 04:04 PM)

It is :( would happily buy the Day 1 edition at a high price if I could find it.

Someone mentioned the word "Fruck" but no idea what that is, google didn't help.

I may be able to hook you up. I was going to cancel my extra pre-order today but lemme pm you.
kinberg
(03-15-2017, 04:06 PM)
Has Nicalis confirmed that it will be up on the EU eshop at the same time as in NA?
Peltz
(03-15-2017, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by apieceofstrange

It's a Zelda themed manual, which is pretty cool.

That's baller. I preordered when they said there was a treat for the first run of physical copies of this game. Glad I did. That manual is dope!

Originally Posted by Setvan2734

gameplay of the switch version here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChB8Tn_H7vU

single joycon each coop is included

That was my reason for wanting this version over the others.
Last edited by Peltz; 03-15-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Deja
(03-15-2017, 04:10 PM)

Originally Posted by casey_contra

I may be able to hook you up. I was going to cancel my extra pre-order today but lemme pm you.

Absolute legend!
Cleve
(03-15-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Drensch

Make sure you get signed up for my nintendo. Birthday coupon.

When do those normally arrive? Just curious, my birthday is coming up in a couple of days.
Hispanicguy
(03-15-2017, 04:23 PM)

Originally Posted by ryushe

Didn't really care for this game when I played the original on PC, but then again, I didn't quite give it a chance when u originally played it.

Don't know whether or not I'll like it this time around, but I think I'll give it a shot.

Originally Posted by jon bones

i only played less than an hour of the original and bounced off it but everyone always talks about how addicting it is....

might have to dip in this wknd and give it a shot

thanks for your impressions, fellow nycer - glad to hear face work well for shooting as i think thats how ill play

There are times where I just can't play games on home consoles, yet, I have no problems playing that same game on a portable. I just find it more fun and I think Isaac falls into that category. Pick up and play whenever you want.

Yea, shooting with the face buttons feels fine since you can only shoot 4 ways anyways. If i'm using a lazer instead of tears, I'll switch to the analog. Just so I can charge it and switch direction easily if need be but 85% of the time I use the face buttons.

Originally Posted by Gray-Fox

never played this. Are there are any games that are similar to this?

Like someone else said, Zelda 1 and Smash TV are the best comparisons. You transition from screen to screen, going through a dungeon until you reach a boss. After you defeat the boss, you'll drop down a hole into a new floor and continue doing the same. There are secret rooms to find, shops, challenge rooms where you'll fight off 3 waves of enemies...a TON of things to collect. Each run is different.

Not to mention, there are other modes to play, and many characters to choose from, each with their own stats AND daily runs with leaderboards.

$40 is more than acceptable for the amount of content this offers. Feels right at home on the Switch.
HubbaBubba
(03-15-2017, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Hispanicguy

$40 is more than acceptable for the amount of content this offers. Feels right at home on the Switch.

Luckily i never bought the first expansion on ps4 (or the game on pc at all) so it makes it much easier for me to stomach the price.
casey_contra
(03-15-2017, 05:03 PM)
Walking down the aisle at the store and seeing this game is going to be so exciting. Definitely one of my top 10 games of all time and I hope going physical does wonders for Nicalis.
Mark L
(03-15-2017, 05:19 PM)

Walking down the aisle at the store and seeing this game is going to be so exciting. Definitely one of my top 10 games of all time and I hope going physical does wonders for Nicalis.

Ditto. I have dumped hours and hours into this game and don't regret it one bit.
Rezbit
(03-15-2017, 05:20 PM)
Uhh so can I get this digitally in Australia from the 17th? Or not coming yet?
Letep
(03-15-2017, 05:31 PM)
GameStop ha it available for order, but is it the day one Edition?
LordKano
(03-15-2017, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by kinberg

Has Nicalis confirmed that it will be up on the EU eshop at the same time as in NA?

Nope. And now, we have to wait until Thursday since NoE no longer post EU eShop update reports on Monday.
Sesuadra
(03-15-2017, 05:35 PM)

Nope. They did say nothing about Europe.
Seik
(03-15-2017, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Setvan2734

gameplay of the switch version here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChB8Tn_H7vU

single joycon each coop is included

Co-op looks like tons of fun!

I'll try it with my GF.
Robin64
(03-15-2017, 05:48 PM)

Originally Posted by LordKano

Nope. And now, we have to wait until Thursday since NoE no longer post EU eShop update reports on Monday.

Nintendo UK's upcoming games page updates before Thursday, at least, so we can see what's coming. Isaac isn't on there. :(
Cleve
(03-15-2017, 05:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Cleve

When do those normally arrive? Just curious, my birthday is coming up in a couple of days.

Answering my own question here, I actually got this on the 2nd, but forgot about it because it only applies to older wiiu/3ds games, that have honestly been available at better deals at some point already. I should have assumed as much knowing nintendo. At least I know I didn't miss out a chance to get a discount on BoI
hiim_haz
(03-15-2017, 05:55 PM)
I just pre ordered this yesterday from EBGames since I got a decent amount of credit for 3 games. I don't know what to expect. I've been super on the fence about the game because I'm not sure if I'll like the fact that you start over completely if you die but it does look really fun. Hope I like it.
casey_contra
(03-15-2017, 06:01 PM)

Originally Posted by hiim_haz

I just pre ordered this yesterday from EBGames since I got a decent amount of credit for 3 games. I don't know what to expect. I've been super on the fence about the game because I'm not sure if I'll like the fact that you start over completely if you die but it does look really fun. Hope I like it.

I had the same thought initially, but the fact that everything is different when you come back makes it so thrilling. So many times when I play and die I think "okay, I'm done now for a while..." only to start right up again and say "well, let me see what the treasure on this floor is."
kinberg
(03-15-2017, 06:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Sesuadra

Nope. They did say nothing about Europe.

That is utterly disappointing :(

Fingers crossed for Friday release, but it feels like that's not gonna happen...
Link_enfant
(03-15-2017, 07:01 PM)
At least you can easily access the NA eShop and buy the game in there.
Waiting for an actual EU release on Switch seems pretty pointless now that I think about it.
peanutbutterlatte
(03-15-2017, 07:05 PM)
Lol

"Is a Nicalis game coming to EU at launch?"

Cmon guys. Cmon.
TheChamp
(03-15-2017, 07:08 PM)

That is utterly disappointing :(

Fingers crossed for Friday release, but it feels like that's not gonna happen...

Good job the Switch is region free might just grab it from the US store
Diablohead
(03-15-2017, 07:09 PM)
With Nicalis published games buy the US version always unless you like waiting between a few months or forever.
hiim_haz
(03-15-2017, 07:35 PM)

I had the same thought initially, but the fact that everything is different when you come back makes it so thrilling. So many times when I play and die I think "okay, I'm done now for a while..." only to start right up again and say "well, let me see what the treasure on this floor is."

Yeah that's what makes me intrigued, it seems like every run can be super different.

What happens when you finish a run? Does it just re-start over or do you get to carry forward anything?
Kinsei
(03-15-2017, 07:37 PM)

Yeah that's what makes me intrigued, it seems like every run can be super different.

What happens when you finish a run? Does it just re-start over or do you get to carry forward anything?

You unlock items that can then be obtained on future runs. There's also a victory lap feature that lets you keep almost all of your stuff when you start over.
UberTag
(03-15-2017, 07:38 PM)

Essentially, the hook is that you play through a run with a certain character to a certain outcome and when you complete it, a new item gets added to your randomized pool of power-ups, trinkets, weapons and pickups. So when you play the next time, your randomized pool of potential outcomes is expanded by one... and keeps growing and growing and growing until you have an almost limitless range of possibilities.

That's the hook that keeps you coming back for more.
casey_contra
(03-15-2017, 07:42 PM)

You unlock items that can then be obtained on future runs. There's also a victory lap feature that lets you keep almost all of your stuff when you start over.

I have no idea what that is. Is it exclusive to AB+?
deadfolk
(03-15-2017, 07:45 PM)
Ordinarily I wouldn't be too bothered about the whole EU thing, given it's region free.

Except I have €40 in my EU eShop account right now. :(
StaticJam
(03-15-2017, 07:46 PM)

Yeah it's a new feature added to the end of the dark room
Rizzi
(03-15-2017, 07:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Diablohead

With Nicalis published games buy the US version always unless you like waiting between a few months or forever.

Remember when Binding of Isaac Rebirth released on Wii U and 3DS? Yeah, that uh.. That never quite made it to Australia.
spoonablehippo
(03-15-2017, 07:48 PM)
So glad Amazon US ship worldwide!
Im in the UK, so pre ordered it as soon as it was announced :-(
Corky
Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
(03-15-2017, 07:51 PM)
Err...so this isn't even confirmed with a release date for EU?
Rizzi
(03-15-2017, 07:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Corky

Err...so this isn't even confirmed with a release date for EU?

Nope.
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(03-15-2017, 07:53 PM)
Is the lack of EU release date really that concerning for people? Honest question. They've made importing about as easy as possible on this thing.
Octavianus
(03-15-2017, 07:53 PM)

Originally Posted by peanutbutterlatte

Lol

"Is a Nicalis game coming to EU at launch?"

Cmon guys. Cmon.

Yeah, I finally caved and made a US account and bought 40$ worth of eshop monies for this game.
Would have loved a physical edition, or the ability to use the funds on my EU account but I don't want to have to bother with importing and I"m not waiting for the EU eshop release in 2027.

Originally Posted by Chacranajxy

Is the lack of EU release date really that concerning for people? Honest question. They've made importing about as easy as possible on this thing.

Yes. It's still more of a hassle than being able to buy locally.
Last edited by Octavianus; 03-15-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Defect
(03-15-2017, 07:54 PM)
I have this game on steam, Xbone and Ps4/vita.

Can't wait to finally have a physical copy and on a Nintendo system! Cartridges are awesome.
Rizzi
(03-15-2017, 07:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Chacranajxy

Some of us might have money in our eShop account already.
Kinsei
(03-15-2017, 07:57 PM)

Yeah it's a new feature you can use every time you beat The Lamb.. Each run gets more and more difficult. For example on the first victory lap the difficulty is bumped up to hard (if you're playing on normal) and enemies in the first few stages deal a full heart of damage just like the enemies past Mom.
Yazuka
(03-15-2017, 07:58 PM)
So are there no way of getting a physical version with the manual? Without having to pay scalpers on ebay that is.