• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Conor_Fool
(03-20-2017, 11:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Brakke

I don't think he has hints for all of them. One of the pictures is in Hyrule Castle, he doesn't hint for that one.

Sheeeeeeiiiiii

Thanks!!
theaface
(03-20-2017, 11:20 PM)

So there's a fairly common feature of three trees all in a perfect line, all alone. Is that a Korok seed puzzle that I just haven't figured out? I swear I've seen this like ten times.

Correct. Pay attention to what's on the trees.

Then make them match.
Nyoro SF
(03-20-2017, 11:26 PM)

I don't think he has hints for all of them. One of the pictures is in Hyrule Castle, he doesn't hint for that one.

I got a hint for the one in Hyrule Castle. Not that I needed it given that the picture is obvious enough, but...
kunonabi
(03-20-2017, 11:28 PM)
Went into Hyrule Castle to grab the royal weapons and recipes and it looks like it's just as big as disappointment as the shrines and dungeons. Looks like you can't even cut loose with the damn Master Sword in there and all the secret stuff can be picked up one straightforward path. Hopefully I'm wrong and when I go back and it's actually got something interesting to do in there.
Spiritwalker
(03-20-2017, 11:34 PM)
Just finished the main story and beat Ganon. The final battle was hilariously clumsy on my part, and I managed to run out of meals so Link had to eat a ton of apples throughout the fight. Incredible game overall and my favourite since Bloodborne. Definitely the best open world I've experienced. I didn't really touch most of the sidequests (despite exploring a lot) so I'll definitely go back to BotW in the future.
Vena
(03-20-2017, 11:34 PM)
These last 18 shrines are well hidden. >.>
flipswitch
(03-20-2017, 11:36 PM)
Played close to 25hrs, done zero story missions after completing the great plateau, but now I've decided to progress and finally made it to Kakariko Village

I also just found out about the parry thing you do where you hold down the shoulder button to bring up your shield, then hit A...... I was like woah!

I was just exploring, doing shrines, collected stuff etc.
bomma_man
(03-20-2017, 11:37 PM)
I only just talked to impa about memories, and I have almost 50 korok seeds. I can't find Hetsu either.

I can play for, at maximum, an hour a day.

I'm never going to finish this game.

Help.
Generate
(03-20-2017, 11:37 PM)

Originally Posted by flipswitch

Played close to 25hrs, done zero story missions after completing the great plateau, but now I've decided to progress and finally made it to Kakariko Village

I also just found out about the parry thing you do where you hold down the shoulder button to bring up your shield, then hit A...... I was like woah!

I was just exploring, doing shrines, collected stuff etc.

Parry is a guardian killer.
ShiftaDeband
(03-20-2017, 11:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Vena

These last 18 shrines are well hidden. >.>

Funny, I was stuck on these as well for quite a while. Probably nearly a week? I had to get some hints for the last two. Really wish I would have just kept searching.
Plum
(03-20-2017, 11:39 PM)
I can't think of a name for (horse spoilers) the Royal White Horse. Any ideas, GAF?
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(03-20-2017, 11:40 PM)
Owning Guardians with the Master Sword feels soo gooooood. I still practice parrying and stuff; just a different type of awesome feeling.
flipswitch
(03-20-2017, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Generate

Parry is a guardian killer.

I was struggling with them. I was just shooting them in the eye but are you referring to deflecting th laser beam with the parry?
Generate
(03-20-2017, 11:44 PM)

I was struggling with them. I was just shooting them in the eye but are you referring to deflecting th laser beam with the parry?

Yeah. If you do it right it becomes really easy and they arent nearly as intimidating.
PillarEN
(03-20-2017, 11:44 PM)

Correct. I'm not too good at it myself
empyrean
(03-20-2017, 11:45 PM)
Anyone offer any advice on what I should do next, I'm not sure where to go?

so basically I've found my first memory and reported back to kakariko village. Now my main quests are just to find all memories and to kill all 4 guardians. I found a man in hateno village you mentioned gerudo and some other place, am I supposed to go there next?
LucidMomentum
(03-20-2017, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Plum

I can't think of a name for (horse spoilers) the Royal White Horse. Any ideas, GAF?

Shadowfax
Hazmat
(03-20-2017, 11:50 PM)

I'm not sure if has hints for every picture (I think he might) but I know he has a hint for the one in the castle.
Brakke
(03-20-2017, 11:51 PM)

Originally Posted by empyrean

so basically I've found my first memory and reported back to kakariko village. Now my main quests are just to find all memories and to kill all 4 guardians. I found a man in hateno village you mentioned gerudo and some other place, am I supposed to go there next?

There's no "supposed" to at this point. World is your oyster. Good early dungeons are Zora and Rito. Hit the road, follow your muse.
Vampirolol
(03-20-2017, 11:51 PM)

He did to me. I was near the sea.

Wait what? The three trees were all puzzles? I skipped like a hundred of those.
Last edited by Vampirolol; 03-20-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Plum
(03-20-2017, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by LucidMomentum

Shadowfax

Good idea, and it fits on the game's tiny character limit!
Brakke
(03-20-2017, 11:53 PM)
Huh I never found the tip for the Hyrule memory. Also... I have 111 Shrines, nearly 300 Korok seeds, and almost all gear fully upgraded; and I only JUST wandered into the Hawaiian-feeling village. Dunno how I let this happen lol what a stupid-huge game.

Originally Posted by theaface

Correct. Pay attention to what's on the trees.

Then make them match.

Oh shit. Thanks.
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(03-20-2017, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by empyrean

I'd just pick a direction and go; you'll stumble into one of the dungeons eventually and it'll be fun. Or you can go to the menu and activate the story quest pings.

If you want suggestions:

Go East for a skill that will help you live longer.
Go West for a skill that will help you traverse the terrain easier/faster.
The Giant
(03-20-2017, 11:59 PM)
Is there a way to rewatch the memories?
Hispanic! At the Disco
(03-20-2017, 11:59 PM)
Can I make a seperate save file on the same account? I wanna try some special runs when I beat the game (only 4 shrines, all beasts, no beasts, speed run, etc) but I dont want to lose my current main playthrough.
cryptosporidium
(03-21-2017, 12:01 AM)

Griffith
PKrockin
(03-21-2017, 12:03 AM)
That accordion-playing Rito guy is one of my favorite additions to the game. He's got a cool design and it's just a great idea to encounter this traveling bard all over the place who introduce you to puzzles through old songs rather than, like, a stone tablet or something. I always get hyped when I hear that song.

Originally Posted by The Giant

Is there a way to rewatch the memories?

In the photograph album, I think.
jariw
(03-21-2017, 12:05 AM)

Originally Posted by SodiumBenzoate

Yeah I think the biggest flaw in the game so far (by a huge margin in my opinion). 20 hours in, was the lack of a proper cooking tutorial. Maybe I missed it?

This is not a tutorial-based Zelda. Test stuff. Talk to NPCs. Look around for spots that mentions dishes or potions. Analyze the stuff you get from NPCs.
Nictel
(03-21-2017, 12:07 AM)
I just finished the Gerudo guardian and found out you can get the thunder helmet if you help all the Gerudos. So I got myself a new mission :-)
KimbleJay
(03-21-2017, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by jariw

This is not a tutorial-based Zelda. Test stuff. Talk to NPCs. Look around for spots that mentions dishes or potions. Analyze the stuff you get from NPCs.

For me it was the actual act of how to cook. The logical step would be to click on the pot then perhaps select 'cook...', but interacting with it only lets you rest by the fire. It's a bizarre design choice that you have to go into your menu then hold the items. I mean, once you know what to do, it's fine, but figuring it for the first time was a bit like... wha...?

When the old man offers to let you cook in his pot for the first time, I must have spent a good 20+ minutes wandering around trying to find another pot – since the one nearest him wasn't giving me the option when I interacted with it, I assumed he must have been talking about another one I could use. D'oh.
jariw
(03-21-2017, 12:13 AM)
The Korok "golf" - does anyone know if there are exactly 18 holes?
Dr.Hadji
(03-21-2017, 12:15 AM)

Originally Posted by PKrockin

That accordion-playing Rito guy is one of my favorite additions to the game. He's got a cool design and it's just a great idea to encounter this traveling bard all over the place who introduce you to puzzles through old songs rather than, like, a stone tablet or something. I always get hyped when I hear that song.

I really wold have liked to hear his songs voiced. I don't care how bad people think the VA is, just being able to hear the rhythm through the words would have made a world of difference.
LucidMomentum
(03-21-2017, 12:20 AM)

Originally Posted by cryptosporidium

Griffith

I'm triggered right now.
Addi
(03-21-2017, 12:20 AM)
3 new shrines found today, I'm at 108. They are really hard to find right now, especially the ones in the Hebra region (even with the radar on). I ran through the game without the radar until around 90 shrines so I have to visit a lot of the same areas again... I have done 40 0f 42 shrine quests, just have to find the two last ones.

Running around in "empty" places for hours made me think that all the beautiful moments were finished, but after having done the last Kass trial and visited him in Rito village was awesome. There was a sunset and him playing the Rito tune with the kids singing. His final song was also cool, with the accordion Zelda theme.

Also got the Dark link set today, it makes you really fast at night!. I have a really edgy look going on with that set, a black horse with the monster saddle, a black royal shield and the edge of duality.
Last edited by Addi; 03-21-2017 at 12:23 AM.
FreedomFighter
(03-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
So, where in the world is Gorin City? I mountain climbed my WY through to the base of the actually mountain where the 8th trail sign is it read that non-Gorons should turn back. Followed the out of place music to shrine that will get me right back there but... anyone have a hint on finding the city or should I legit follow the path and read all the markers.

A simple hint will suffice. Thanks guys.
AaronMT86
(03-21-2017, 12:27 AM)
Lost a 5x bow in Lake Hylia after going after Farosh and got shocked in the air :(
Tansut
(03-21-2017, 12:28 AM)

Originally Posted by FreedomFighter

So, where in the world is Gorin City? I mountain climbed my WY through to the base of the actually mountain where the 8th trail sign is it read that non-Gorons should turn back. Followed the out of place music to shrine that will get me right back there but... anyone have a hint on finding the city or should I legit follow the path and read all the markers.

If you follow the path I think you should be find it fairly easily. If not you could always get the map of the area from the tower.
Addi
(03-21-2017, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by FreedomFighter

My tip is to start at the stable by the base of the mountain. Talk to people there.
jrush64
(03-21-2017, 12:32 AM)
What the hell?? I just finally found the Ice dragon near Kakariko village. I spent yesterday searching Hebra for it. lool.
Dreavus
(03-21-2017, 12:36 AM)
Had a great moment on my way to Death Mountain the other day.

I was surprised to find a Guardian on the mountain path and it got the jump on me. It was charging up that laser attack quite fast for some reason and I couldn't seem to get away from it (shot after shot kept knocking me around and it kept moving in closer when I tried to run. I used up a ton of food staying alive I'm ashamed to say) I finally dodged one blast, readied an (possible weapon spoiler)ancient arrow, but didn't have a chance to aim it properly so I went for a leg instead. It blasted the leg off clean with one hit, he flipped from the impact and went crashing over the edge of cliff all the way down to the bottom of the mountain. It was still alive at the bottom but the fall damage had taken off several more of it's legs. It was definitely in no shape to climb back up.

That was one of the coolest encounters I've had in the game yet.
Hattori
(03-21-2017, 12:37 AM)
I just stumbled upon the spring of wisdom... 😳 😳 😳
effingvic
(03-21-2017, 12:54 AM)
Kass riddles are so hard. Ive wasted 20 arrows on the Gerudo tower one so far.
Last edited by effingvic; 03-21-2017 at 01:04 AM.
Rodin
(03-21-2017, 12:55 AM)
If you don't move Link at night he almost falls asleep and tries to stay awake lol

Animations are so on point.
BorkBork
The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
(03-21-2017, 12:57 AM)
Tarrey Town quest is pretty long and involved. Thought I would get something nicer at the end!
Brakke
(03-21-2017, 12:59 AM)
Alright, 113 Shrines secured, 297 Korok seeds (in only caring about getting to 300 there). My quest log shows 5 more Shrine Quests, so there must be a couple just sitting out in the open I missed... No idea where to go next tho lol. Might just do some Side Quests hoping they point me toward places I've neglected.

Also a thing I just noticed: the monster shop guy says there are 40 each of Hinox and Talus, and he says he wants me to go kill each of them. Is that a thing? Is there a reward there? He doesn't offer a current count so I have no clue if that's a "quest" or just a fun bit of trivia.

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Tarrey Town quest is pretty long and involved. Thought I would get something nicer at the end!

Dog the real reward is the friends we made along the way.
Thud
(03-21-2017, 12:59 AM)
Had to look up the locations of the last 12 shrines, but that's all 120 shrines.
effingvic
(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)
Nevermind got the puzzle. Wrong time of day. I love how a hunch works out :)

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Its about the journey and memories made along the way bro. Plus the power of love.

*emotional piano music*
Conor_Fool
(03-21-2017, 01:03 AM)
Close to an hour into Eventide Island and got a game over at the very end...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I named mine Glenn 😂
Last edited by Conor_Fool; 03-21-2017 at 01:06 AM.
Naked Snake
(03-21-2017, 01:08 AM)
Can a cooking pot be lit without using a torch? What if it's raining?

I used to keep a torch in my inventory especially for this purpose, but then I noticed that there is usually one provided next to cooking pots in villages so I thought I'd better free up that inventory slot for a weapon...

Well now I've come across a cooking pot in an enemy camp at the eastern edge of the map, and I'm in need to cook some meals. Don't have a torch. I thought no problem I'll use a fire arrow to light it up, but surprisingly that didn't work after multiple tries. Even tried a flame sword and other fire-generating weapons. Nothing is lighting up this cooking pot :/

It has been constantly raining in the area, so I wonder if that's why? Or cooking pots can only be lit by a torch? That would be lame. Or did I just encounter a bug?
caramac
(03-21-2017, 01:08 AM)
Got hold of the game a few days ago, absolutely loving it so far. Looking forward to picking up some better weapons.
Farming equipment just doesn't cut it for long.