• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

gcncontroller
(03-21-2017, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Majukun

when you try to register a new one the guy at the stable tells you to free one to make space and you can do it there.

Got it, thanks! Figured it would be possible but I didn't want to go through the trouble just for the guy to tell me I couldn't haha
GRW810
(03-21-2017, 02:31 AM)
This game just keeps on giving. Nearly a hundred hours in I've just found a shrine in an area I visited in the first ten hours. I must have traveled past it countless times.

Returned to Kakariko to do the stolen orb shrine quest, then wandered around a little just before saving and turning the game off. Ended up at Lanayru Promenade because I saw the name on the map and didn't recognise it.

When I got there I found the most beautiful location and a shrine in a cave, which turned out to be a pretty cool puzzle.

I'm far from bored of the world, but it was so refreshing to stumble across something different.
Skyzard
(03-21-2017, 02:32 AM)
Does the new profile for a new save work with WiiU?

Otherwise I think I'll have to transfer my save to cemu and play the rest there when it's all fixed up.
Justinian
(03-21-2017, 02:32 AM)

Originally Posted by jonno394

Damn man, just did my first dungeon and boss fight in Zora Domain and it was so....underwhelming. The first part where you're riding around on the Princes back while trying to disable Ruta was great, but then the dungeon felt so short and the boss was far too easy (I guess fighting and beating Lynels makes everything feel easy!).

Everything else about this game is so on point and so good, especially all the changes from the staple Zelda model, but dungeons are the most important part of a Zelda, and it's just a shame this game seems to have not delivered on that aspect.

I had the exact opposite reaction to you. Everything in the lead up to conclusion I thought was just brilliant. Mind you I have only played Link to the Past before, so I guess I didn't have the usual dungeon formula imprinted in my expectations as much.

I appreciate how they disperse the usual discreet sprawling dungeons throughout the shrines and in the actual world. It's different and it works for this game.
Revven
(03-21-2017, 02:33 AM)
Just doing some random obvious shrine locations and one of the coolest is Typhlo Ruins up north past Korok Forest. I loved how it was completely pitch black and you had to create fire to light your torch. It really felt like an area you'd find in a Dark Souls game -- it really heightened my heart rate a bit because of the fear of the unknown. Of course, I went in from what appeared to be the main entrance to the place so navigating my way to the shrine wasn't too bad. Only to discover there was a Hinox with one of the ancient orbs used to spawn the shrine! I defeated it pretty easily but I could see that place being hard if you went there earlier on

Still, a really awesome place and experience. I really like all these small unique locations on the map they've come up with that just weren't here in previous Zelda games. It really makes exploration meaningful and awesome.

Like, the other day, I went through Tanagar Canyon and found a Forgotten Temple which was filled with Guardians, a shrine at the end, and a very large Goddess Statue. Almost if not completely the same size as the one in Skyward Sword on Skyloft. Yet another really cool location that's purely awesome because you discover it on your own and while what's inside may not be everything you want, just seeing the innards and going through it felt so, so satisfying to me.
lastflowers
(03-21-2017, 02:34 AM)

Originally Posted by En-ou

guardian hunting on horseback is so bad ass. I\ve gotten quite good at horseback fighting, the jousting is so satisfying.

there is jousting?

fuck me
AaronMT86
(03-21-2017, 02:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Majukun

lynels drop the weapon they have with them..if they have the crusher they are gonna drop that,otherwise,you get whatever they are wielding

True. Looking for a Crusher location now
AaronMT86
(03-21-2017, 02:42 AM)
^ Ooh white hylian gear is kind of hot
Megasoum
(03-21-2017, 02:44 AM)
I love the "WOWWWW" sound clip from Beedle so much lol
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(03-21-2017, 02:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Megasoum

I regularly buy all his arrows just to hear that. I always impersonate it afterwards lol
effingvic
(03-21-2017, 02:46 AM)

I always say "whooo hoo!" Whenever he does. Its so funny.
Megasoum
(03-21-2017, 02:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Fantastical

I regularly buy all his arrows just to hear that. I always impersonate it afterwards lol

Yeah I've been warping around the map to all the stables to try to buy hot footed frogs from him for the gear upgrade so I'm super happy when I can buy the full stack from him lol
Primethius
(03-21-2017, 02:47 AM)
Finished up the fire dungeon. Pretty cool concept but I ran out of arrows and had to teleport out, buy some and come back to complete it. :/

I really like the fireproof armor set. Goofy, but adorable in a way.
Tavernacle12
(03-21-2017, 02:48 AM)

Originally Posted by GRW810

This game just keeps on giving. Nearly a hundred hours in I've just found a shrine in an area I visited in the first ten hours. I must have traveled past it countless times.

Returned to Kakariko to do the stolen orb shrine quest, then wandered around a little just before saving and turning the game off. Ended up at Lanayru Promenade because I saw the name on the map and didn't recognise it.

When I got there I found the most beautiful location and a shrine in a cave, which turned out to be a pretty cool puzzle.

I'm far from bored of the world, but it was so refreshing to stumble across something different.

Discovered that latter location yesterday. It felt like something out of OOT or Majora and it made me happy to run around exploring it. Ending with a memory and Lynel fight was just pudding.
squattingdonkey
(03-21-2017, 02:50 AM)
Nabbed the special edition from Amazon Prime Now. Stopped being available again 5 minutes later.

Now I just need a Switch. hrmm
BizzyBum
(03-21-2017, 02:56 AM)

Beedle is kinda a creep. If you don't give him your beetles he plans to steal it from you and he has this creepy snicker.
SuperAndroid17
(03-21-2017, 02:57 AM)
So I recently heard you can try to mount a lynel after a certain percentage lol.

This game continues to deliver.
Plum
(03-21-2017, 02:59 AM)

Nothing can make the pain of losing "TTHHAAANKKK YOOOOUUU!!" any better.

Nothing.
random25
(03-21-2017, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by AaronMT86

Are silver lynels the strongest? I'm looking for a new Savage Lynel Crusher and all I get from them are shields and bows. Is there one with a guaranteed drop?

All lynels drop their weapons. At least from my experience.
Benzychenz
(03-21-2017, 03:03 AM)
Just got the last piece of the rubber armour. Really like the look of this set haha.
Justinian
(03-21-2017, 03:04 AM)
Does finding a piece of an armour set leave clues as to where the remaining pieces are? Or is it just luck when you stumble upon another?
Nosgotham
(03-21-2017, 03:05 AM)

Originally Posted by JakeD

Any reason why you can't make another account quick? That's what I plan to do but I haven't tried yet so I don't know if it's a pain.

This. It takes like 2 seconds to make an account
Whales
(03-21-2017, 03:05 AM)

Originally Posted by random25

All lynels drop their weapons. At least from my experience.

Weirdly i've had some lynels drop nothing upon defeat.... They only drop their horns/huts etc

I cant be the only one this happened to
User33
(03-21-2017, 03:06 AM)

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

Beedle is kinda a creep. If you don't give him your beetles he plans to steal it from you and he has this creepy snicker.

LOL I have to try that.
effingvic
(03-21-2017, 03:06 AM)
PUMP IT UP BROTHER!!!!!
Shamrock7r
(03-21-2017, 03:07 AM)

My favorite random sound is Karson going "nyagh!" When they are about to build something.
Golnei
(03-21-2017, 03:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Plum

Nothing can make the pain of losing "TTHHAAANKKK YOOOOUUU!!" any better.

Nothing.

For all the complaints that might be levelled against the music, dungeons, bosses, stealth sections, story, voice acting, lack of dog/fish petting, Amiibo-locked content and the censorship of Purah's swimsuit scene, this is by far the most major issue holding BoTW back from being as flawless as is realistically possible.
gdt
blow in her face and
she'll follow you anywhere
(03-21-2017, 03:10 AM)
I can't stop thinking about this game. I have a mental checklist of things I wanna check out!
JakeD
(03-21-2017, 03:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Justinian

Does finding a piece of an armour set leave clues as to where the remaining pieces are? Or is it just luck when you stumble upon another?

Of the 3 or 4 armor sets that are in the "wild," only one set is obvious where the other 2 pieces are after finding the first.

The rest are luck, unless I missed some clues in journals or spoken by NPCs which is very possible.
Plum
(03-21-2017, 03:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Golnei

For all the complaints that might be levelled against the music, dungeons, bosses, stealth sections, story, voice acting, lack of dog/fish petting, Amiibo-locked content and the censorship of Purah's swimsuit scene, this is by far the most major issue holding BoTW back from being as flawless as is realistically possible.

Yep. Jim was right. Slant was right. The game really is mediocre.
Last edited by Plum; 03-21-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Deku Tree
(03-21-2017, 03:16 AM)
Just got the classified envelope. Seems the internet has no idea what to do with it.
Brakke

Originally Posted by JakeD

Of the 3 or 4 armor sets that are in the "wild," only one set is obvious where the other 2 pieces are after finding the first.

The rest are luck, unless I missed some clues in journals or spoken by NPCs which is very possible.

Yeah the Savage set is easy to figure out, but the Rubber set had me frustrated for ages. The locations kind of made sense on their own but I couldn't really anticipate the others after finding the first.
random25

Originally Posted by Whales

Weirdly i've had some lynels drop nothing upon defeat.... They only drop their horns/huts etc

I cant be the only one this happened to

That's weird. The only thing I don't constantly get against lynels are shields because only the sword wielding ones seem to drop them. Otherwise, I always get their bow and weapon upon their defeat.
Dr.Hadji
(03-21-2017, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Golnei

No lies detected. I try to avoid that faker whenever possible. He was kind of a jerk in Skyward Sword too. Faker there as well.
darklin0
(03-21-2017, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Tarrey Town quest is pretty long and involved. Thought I would get something nicer at the end!

I forgot about that after Hudson left and recently bumped into it again after tons of hours of exploration. I felt it was pretty cool how it pulled at location knowledge of people you talked to through your journey. I knew where everyone was located and it felt really rewarding.

I can't think of a name for (horse spoilers) the Royal White Horse. Any ideas, GAF?

I named mine Artax. I put a copyright on it, none of you can use that name now.

Originally Posted by Shamrock7r

My favorite random sound is Karson going "nyagh!" When they are about to build something.

I am sad I wont be able to hear it again because I bought all the upgrades. T-T
Chaos17
Banned
(03-21-2017, 03:19 AM)

Originally Posted by AaronMT86

Are silver lynels the strongest? I'm looking for a new Savage Lynel Crusher and all I get from them are shields and bows. Is there one with a guaranteed drop?

Nope, Zebra lynel are as strong as them.
Plum
(03-21-2017, 03:19 AM)
Something just hit me regarding the (side quest spoilers) Tarry Town quest and Rito Village:

Why wasn't that #firstbirdproblems guy complaining about having to help his mum out in her shop a "___son" character? In hindsight's he's the perfect fit for the quest!
FoxHimself
(03-21-2017, 03:27 AM)
Wait... Prince Sidon... P. Sidon... Poseidon.
Stencil
(03-21-2017, 03:27 AM)
Can anyone explain the Fairy Fountain upgrades and whether or not they stack?

So for example, if I go to the fairy who upgrades a great amount, can I then go to the fairy who upgrades a small amount and get add'l defense points? Will I need to go to both to get the most out of my armor?
vypek
(03-21-2017, 03:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Stencil

Can anyone explain the Fairy Fountain upgrades and whether or not they stack?

So for example, if I go to the fairy who upgrades a great amount, can I then go to the fairy who upgrades a small amount and get add'l defense points? Will I need to go to both to get the most out of my armor?

When you unlock a new fairy, all of them do the same upgrades. So if you unlocked the second fairy, both the first and the second will be capable of doing the same upgrades. They will all do a great amount when you reach that level of upgrade

Originally Posted by FoxHimself

Lol. Yes. And Dorephan is dolphin for anyone who didn't notice
Ultimadrago
(03-21-2017, 03:28 AM)

...Goddammit.
FoxHimself
(03-21-2017, 03:29 AM)

Something just hit me regarding the (side quest spoilers) Tarry Town quest and Rito Village:

Why wasn't that #firstbirdproblems guy complaining about having to help his mum out in her shop a "___son" character? In hindsight's he's the perfect fit for the quest!

Uhhhh. You're not done with the quest I see.
Mariolee
(03-21-2017, 03:29 AM)

This game cannot stop blowing my mind.
Plum
(03-21-2017, 03:30 AM)

Uhhhh. You're not done with the quest I see.

Shit. Maybe I should pay attention to names a bit more.
FoxHimself
(03-21-2017, 03:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

...Goddammit.

He's also Sidon, who poses alot. Pose Sidon.

And he poses side on, I guess.
Blues1990
(03-21-2017, 03:31 AM)
With regards to the Wolf Link amiibo, can you spawn Wolf Link as many times as you like? Like, say that it dies, can you revive it? Or is it a one-off thing and it can never be summoned ever again?

Anything else I should know about increasing it's hearts?
Wyndstryker
(03-21-2017, 03:35 AM)
Evantide island lol

Died there then had to start again...since I respawned on the rock I landed on just outside the island, I dropped a few good things, walked into the island, got my gear removed, then walked back to pick up the stuff I dropped
User33
(03-21-2017, 03:36 AM)

Pretty sure it's the same guy
Weltall Zero
(03-21-2017, 03:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Blues1990

With regards to the Wolf Link amiibo, can you spawn Wolf Link as many times as you like? Like, say that it dies, can you revive it? Or is it a one-off thing and it can never be summoned ever again?

As far as I know, once per day, like most other amiibo.

By the way, a loading screen tip says that it will lead you to anything you have set the radar to detect, which is pretty cool.
Benzychenz
(03-21-2017, 03:41 AM)
Just found the blood moon shrine.

Seems like a poorly thought out idea, considering there's no warning when one is coming up, and you can't possibly get to the area quick enough when one starts.
Idk, maybe you could just make it if you warp to the shrine with the lord of the mountain and glide over?