• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Strings
(03-13-2017, 03:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

It's a secret KH3 demo you unlock by platinuming Re:CoM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NegativeCero
(03-13-2017, 03:43 AM)
Great! Guess I'm gonna stick with my PS3 copies after all.
Trailblazer34
(03-13-2017, 03:47 AM)
They're gonna need a bigger patch
Tagg9
(03-13-2017, 03:58 AM)
There's a 5GB patch?! What could it possibly include?

Also, I suspected this might happen as these games were specifically developed for 30fps and moving to a higher framerate is bound to cause problems.
Luigi87
(03-13-2017, 04:03 AM)
The save crash is what I want patched most.
The missing sounds still being there is annoying, but that they fixed Xigbar's is kind of enough for me. That one kind of stands out, lol

In spite of the issues though I'm still looking forward to replaying these... Though I may just skip cutscenes this time around, undecided, lol

All I know is 2FM Lv.1 Critical Kingdom Key only at 60 fps, here I come.
Zomba13
(03-13-2017, 04:10 AM)
Some of the complaints seem to be about bugs in the first place, like glitches speed runners use to skip phases or juggle infinites or whatever and were likely never intended in the first place so I'm kind of ok if 60fps breaks the broken bits and in a roundabout way fixes them. Then again I'm no speed runner so I don't care about glitches and tricks to cheese bosses and take seconds off my playtime.

The save bug and audio stuff and broken reaction commands need to be fixed though, those are actually important bugs that affect everyone and not just speed runners running their quick playthrough strats.
Psychological Intellect
(03-13-2017, 04:11 AM)
fix the save crashes + final xemnas and ill be good. the speed runner strats i can care less about

stability + 60fps + no loading screens = heaven.
Stalwart
(03-13-2017, 04:12 AM)
There are a few more problems for casuals than just saves crashing, like Vexen's boss battle starting off with its "second form" from the very beginning and Xemnas' reaction commands randomly dropping. A lot of this list is speedrunner first world problems but there's more to it than just a bit of crashes.
Blanquito
(03-13-2017, 04:13 AM)
Yeah, that's why I'm holding off on a preorder
paragonpro
(03-13-2017, 04:30 AM)
Im not a hardcore kh fan, i dont know these games inside and out as i played through both once over ten years ago. So it doesnt sound like these issues would bug me.
Jucksalbe
(03-14-2017, 01:46 PM)
So did that huge patch fix any of the issues mentioned in the OP?
DKHF
(03-14-2017, 01:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Jucksalbe

So did that huge patch fix any of the issues mentioned in the OP?

No, these issues are all present after that patch (which was the day 1 patch).
GreenMakoEyes
(03-14-2017, 01:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Stalwart

There are a few more problems for casuals than just saves crashing, like Vexen's boss battle starting off with its "second form" from the very beginning and Xemnas' reaction commands randomly dropping. A lot of this list is speedrunner first world problems but there's more to it than just a bit of crashes.

wow :D

Save crashes will be annoying. They better fix it.
Jucksalbe
(03-14-2017, 01:53 PM)

Originally Posted by DKHF

No, these issues are all present after that patch (which was the day 1 patch).

Oh, okay. Thought the patch came after. Well, let's hope for another 5GB patch then. lol
stargateheaven
(03-14-2017, 01:53 PM)
Square enix are bad at patching remasters. takes them forever (if at all)
RPG_Fanatic
(03-14-2017, 01:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Inuhanyou

Considering how i was hoping this was the definitive release of these games, it seems they didn't fix a lot of issues from the PS3 versions and made new ones on top :/ This is what we get for SE farming out ports for pennies

I most annoyed that xemnas final battle still has the reaction command broken

So that reaction command was broken. I thought I was doing something wrong when I kept dying immediately in the final battle when I had no issues in the PS2 version.
RadioJoNES64
(03-14-2017, 02:02 PM)
Yes they do. I was going to get this collection, but I'm not going to support incompetence of this level.
gbland
(03-14-2017, 02:05 PM)
well it looks like their QA team was non-existent for this port
MiddeSummer
(03-14-2017, 02:05 PM)
Wait... commands are broken?? Bosses starting in their second form?? How are they releasing this as a playable game? C'mon, man. I haven't been able to play KH in over a decade and now I fear I still can't...
Slaythe
(03-14-2017, 02:10 PM)

Originally Posted by NegativeCero

Great! Guess I'm gonna stick with my PS3 copies after all.

The ps3 copy is a million times worse so yeah sure.
Cell_Biology
(03-14-2017, 02:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Slaythe

The ps3 copy is a million times worse so yeah sure.

Is the PS3 version bad? Do you have a link to some issues it faces? I am kind of on the fence to picking up the PS4 version. I want 60 FPS, but if the PS4 version fixes issues the PS3 version has, I might as well just get the PS4 version.
McMoneyman
(03-14-2017, 02:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Cell_Biology

Is the PS3 version bad? Do you have a link to some issues it faces? I am kind of on the fence to picking up the PS4 version. I want 60 FPS, but if the PS4 version fixes issues the PS3 version has, I might as well just get the PS4 version.

PS3 has shitty loading in a lot of aspects. Normal load times are longer than the PS2 version, entering a drive form puts you into a load which is bad because enemies can kill you by the time you regain control again. Also it's a pretty unstable game with a lot of crashes.

The same Bizkit made a semi-review back when the PS3 version came out.
SliceSabre
Catgirls in skimpy clothes aren't sexual, it's their made up MMO culture
(03-14-2017, 02:19 PM)
Man the glory of playing these in 60 fps is pointless if the games are more broken than the originals. This just fell off my day one list.

Oh well more money for P5.
Slaythe
(03-14-2017, 02:23 PM)
Not just that.

Remember that the ENGLISH ps3 version is cancer too. With its new sets of crashes, glitches, and even longer loading times than the jap version, for whichever reason.

Also english ps4 might be more fucked, we don't know yet.
BlakeofT
(03-14-2017, 02:28 PM)
I was pretty excited for this collection, but I guess I'll wait for some fixes.

Maybe the inevitable PS5 version won't have these problems.
Byvar
(03-14-2017, 02:54 PM)

Also english ps4 might be more fucked, we don't know yet.

It looks like the English-exclusive glitches from the PS3 version of 2.5 are being carried over into the PS4 version:
-At PAX, Dean was able to test if Xemnas 1 still crashes in their 2.5 demo. It still exists, but the crash once again does not exist on JP 2.5 PS4
Unless they fix them before it releases - but I can't see that happening unless they decide to fix the rest of the glitches on the list as well.
TheMink
(03-14-2017, 03:13 PM)
I bet 2.5 will be the fastest version just because of load times. Hope they work that other stuff still.
Slaythe
(03-14-2017, 03:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Byvar

It looks like the English-exclusive glitches from the PS3 version of 2.5 are being carried over into the PS4 version:

-At PAX, Dean was able to test if Xemnas 1 still crashes in their 2.5 demo. It still exists, but the crash once again does not exist on JP 2.5 PS4
Unless they fix them before it releases - but I can't see that happening unless they decide to fix the rest of the glitches on the list as well.

Well that and duck flare is also changed.

So since they did directly port the broken ass ps3 versions into ps4, the question is, will the load times be worse on english ps4.

If they are I'm not buying this. I can work around the rest of the glitches (maybe not the crashes tho :/) but I'm not tolerating the bad load times again.

Originally Posted by TheMink

I bet 2.5 will be the fastest version just because of load times. Hope they work that other stuff still.

It is.

But since it randomly crashes, if you can't finish a run, can you really call it the fastest?
Hentailover
(03-14-2017, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Cell_Biology

Loading times is the worst suspect. Not just loading screens, there are certain mechanics that need loading, like drive forms, so because they load "in real time" it basically keeps you frozen in palce while boss is setting up to hit you as soon as loading time ends.
Byvar
(03-14-2017, 03:37 PM)

So since they did directly port the broken ass ps3 versions into ps4, the question is, will the load times be worse on english ps4.

If they are I'm not buying this. I can work around the rest of the glitches (maybe not the crashes tho :/) but I'm not tolerating the bad load times again.

Fortunately it seems the load times in the English version are the same as in the Japanese version: https://twitter.com/Soraalam1/status/840228288232620032
They probably still load the English text over the rest, but with the mandatory install on PS4 that extra load time is reduced to near zero.

I'm glad the guy who tested all this at PAX actually talked about the issues with a Square Enix person. I hope it gets through to the devs.
McMoneyman
(03-14-2017, 03:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Hentailover

Loading times is the worst suspect. Not just loading screens, there are certain mechanics that need loading, like drive forms, so because they load "in real time" it basically keeps you frozen in palce while boss is setting up to hit you as soon as loading time ends.

You can sorta work around this by hitting pause for a second or 2 to avoid getting hit.
TheMink
(03-14-2017, 04:10 PM)

It is.

But since it randomly crashes, if you can't finish a run, can you really call it the fastest?

Obviously no.
Napalm_Frank
(03-14-2017, 04:19 PM)
I'll take 60fps, much improved load times and better IQ over PS3 version even with the new problems. My biggest fear as I stated has been the crashes and from what I have been able to dig up it isn't super common.

English release is really when we get a better understanding on these things. For example the rampant audio issues (not talking about some battle quotes dropping out, there were quite a few people who didn't get audio on certain cutscenes at all) of 1.5 and graphics gliches of 2.5 have not been reported on PS4 version yet but it's impossible to say if these have been fixed or have not just been reported yet.

Of course there is the possibility of the western PS4 version having a new set of problems we have no idea about.
killatopak
(03-14-2017, 04:21 PM)
SE: guys this is definitely the most definite definitive edition definitive of the game....

Bwhahaha kidding. Please be excited.
DKHF
(03-14-2017, 07:31 PM)
Polygon says they've reached out to Square Enix about the issues. Probably won't give much if any new information but maybe they'll at least say they're working on it/looking into it.
Lnds500
(03-14-2017, 07:48 PM)

Polygon says they've reached out to Square Enix about the issues. Probably won't give much if any new information but maybe they'll at least say they're working on it/looking into it.

Nice that it's getting some traction at least.
McMoneyman
(03-14-2017, 07:49 PM)

Good to hear.
Santar
(03-14-2017, 07:53 PM)
Aaaagh!
This just infuriates me to no end, that releases that are supposed to be an improvement over the originals are actually riddled with new bugs and other sloppy problems.
Lnds500
(03-14-2017, 07:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Lnds500

Nice that it's getting some traction at least.

Please people, at least retweet this tweet from Polygon

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/841710556688076800
hodgy100
(03-14-2017, 08:00 PM)
updating a game that is hard coded to run at 30fps to make it run at 60fps is really fucking difficult. I'd fix the worst of these issues (faster attacks, bosses not quite functioning properly) and leave things like 60fps physics bugs.
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(03-14-2017, 08:10 PM)
Would be nice
zeelman
(03-14-2017, 08:12 PM)

Originally Posted by hodgy100

updating a game that is hard coded to run at 30fps to make it run at 60fps is really fucking difficult. I'd fix the worst of these issues (faster attacks, bosses not quite functioning properly) and leave things like 60fps physics bugs.

If indie developers can make 30 fps games run at 60 without any issues, so can a huge company like Square Enix.
C.Mongler
(03-14-2017, 08:25 PM)

Originally Posted by zeelman

If indie developers can make 30 fps games run at 60 without any issues, so can a huge company like Square Enix.

I mean that's comparing apples and basketballs my friend; yes, sometimes it's not that hard depending on how the game was programmed, the engine used, etc etc., and sometimes yes, indie devs do put in a ton of extra above and beyond work to improve the framerate of their games too, but it's not simply a straight case of "Well little guy X can do it so why can't big guy Y do it?"

Not saying Square shouldn't do everything in their power to tackle some of these issues, but still.
manzoman96
(03-14-2017, 08:26 PM)

They should've told them to patch the FFVII PS4 port while they're at it.
LAA
(03-14-2017, 08:39 PM)
Not liking the sound of further issues seemingly related to 60fps. It's like they didn't even consider what effects could happen with boosting to 60fps.

Fingers crossed they acknowledge it and fix it, I really want the definitive collection on PS4, but in this state it doesn't seem to be.
hodgy100
(03-14-2017, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by zeelman

oh man sweeping statements!
Santar
(03-14-2017, 09:44 PM)
If you can't make the game work as it should at 60fps just leave it at 30, or at the very minimum leave in a 30fps option!
DKHF
(03-15-2017, 11:53 AM)
another decently sized (though not in Polygon's league) site has reported on it https://twitter.com/GameRant/status/841812178382528513

Word is spreading at least.
Inuhanyou
Banned
(03-15-2017, 12:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Santar

If you can't make the game work as it should at 60fps just leave it at 30, or at the very minimum leave in a 30fps option!

yep. people wanted 60fps on the condition SE would go back and actually fix the shit to run with no issues, but if they cant even do that, dont bother. Just put them on PS4 as is at their original FPS