McMoneyman
(03-16-2017, 04:36 AM)
Bizkit made a video about it.
Slaythe
(03-16-2017, 04:46 AM)

Originally Posted by McMoneyman

Great video .

Jesus this intolerable ps3 version .......
Tagg9
(03-16-2017, 04:48 AM)

Is that an actual person talking? It sounds like a robot.
JayEH
(03-16-2017, 04:53 AM)

embarrassing stuff

man i might just get the ps3 version of 2.5 at this point.
Last edited by JayEH; 03-16-2017 at 04:57 AM.
Vital Tundra
(03-16-2017, 04:55 AM)
Man its kinda embarrassing a remaster has these issues.
Fj0823
(03-16-2017, 04:55 AM)
Only the save and RC stuff is in critical need of a patch, the rest is bearable for me
tiggerkiddo
(03-16-2017, 04:58 AM)
Might wait just a little to see if they come out with a patch to fix the save thing and the other critical errors that would affect everyone.
McMoneyman
(03-16-2017, 05:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Fj0823

Only the save and RC stuff is in critical need of a patch, the rest is bearable for me

I think the 30fps(PS3 version was 30fps) toggle he suggested would be good, because a lot of the physics seems fucked up because the game wasn't designed with 60fps in mind. But yep RC stuff and save crashes must be fixed, but I feel for the speedrunners... hope they fix their issues as well.
Last edited by McMoneyman; 03-16-2017 at 05:06 AM.
Slaythe
(03-16-2017, 05:15 AM)

Originally Posted by JayEH

embarrassing stuff

man i might just get the ps3 version of 2.5 at this point.

In what universe would the unbearable load times of the PS3 version be a solution ? Did you even watch the comparison at the very beginning ?
Yukinari
(03-16-2017, 05:36 AM)
The gall of the people saying that its just speedrunners complaining.

If the framerate is so integral to the gameplay then Square should fix it as well. The footage ive seen is so stupid, especially fighting sephiroth.
Trailblazer34
(03-16-2017, 05:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Slaythe

Great video .

Jesus this intolerable ps3 version .......

Quit the exaggeration. The load times are no worse than every PS3 game without an install. Stop being ridiculous.
AlexFlame116
(03-16-2017, 05:49 AM)

Holy crap that's horrible. That's not okay at all. I really hope Square Enix fixes this soon. Along with FFVII PS4.
McMoneyman
(03-16-2017, 05:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Trailblazer34

Quit the exaggeration. The load times are no worse than every PS3 game without an install. Stop being ridiculous.

It's just not only loading when leaving an area etc, it actually fucks up gameplay with the drive forms and stuff.

Which is actually fixed in the PS4 version.
Last edited by McMoneyman; 03-16-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Trailblazer34
(03-16-2017, 06:17 AM)

It's just not only loading when leaving an area etc, it actually fucks up gameplay with the drive forms and stuff.

Which is actually fixed in the PS4 version.

Well, you could pause buffer and save $50.

Don't take this crap. SE rushed out a crappy port and used 60fps to distract us.
PepsimanVsJoe
(03-16-2017, 06:24 AM)
This stinks.

Hopefully FFXII PS4 doesn't turn out to be loaded with issues as well. Then again, it probably won't because S-E looks to be putting some effort into it.
slick7rick
(03-16-2017, 06:24 AM)
Once again I must wait a year to buy a game I'm anticipating, just to get a proper experience without bugs and errors. Patch that shit, Square, this is an embarrassment. This generation is pathetic.
Slaythe
(03-16-2017, 03:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Trailblazer34

Why are you talking ? This isn't a ps3 game, it's a ps2 port.

They had far worse loading times than ps2 game. It's intolerable.

Now I know what you're gonna tell me, "it's the bluray's fault !" awesome, I don't give a shit though. Why would I ? Installing games was an option long before the game released on ps3, they refused to give us that option, resulting in the games being insufferably slow and having various mechanics broken due to load increase (drive forms, D-links etc...).
raven777
(03-17-2017, 04:47 AM)
new patch out. suppose to fix some of the problems that occurs due to 60fps, as well as other bugs

http://support.jp.square-enix.com/ne...4dbd9e6a177ff6
Exentryk
(03-17-2017, 04:50 AM)
Slaythe
(03-17-2017, 05:13 AM)
Praised heavens, they fixed quick run, Vixen, Saix, probably more I need to check it all !
Cool Guy Sami
(03-17-2017, 05:17 AM)
Ayyy that's great to hear, I'm glad they were fast about it
Vashetti
(03-17-2017, 05:18 AM)
That's promising.

Has anyone checked whether the game downsamples for 1080p displays on the Pro yet?
Trailblazer34
(03-17-2017, 05:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Slaythe

Why are you talking ? This isn't a ps3 game, it's a ps2 port.

They had far worse loading times than ps2 game. It's intolerable.

Now I know what you're gonna tell me, "it's the bluray's fault !" awesome, I don't give a shit though. Why would I ? Installing games was an option long before the game released on ps3, they refused to give us that option, resulting in the games being insufferably slow and having various mechanics broken due to load increase (drive forms, D-links etc...).

I still dont think its that bad. Besides, I'm so damn sick of buying the same crap twice or thrice. And I need the free space on ps4 lol
AlexFlame116
(03-17-2017, 05:22 AM)
Ooh so they fixed a couple of things? Sweet! Anything in particular?
falconxcrunner09
(03-17-2017, 05:22 AM)
Glad SE didn't sit back on this one. Is there any major issues/bugs in this port after the patch?
xplicitone
(03-17-2017, 05:25 AM)
Weird patch notes. I hope they fixed the save issues but that's promising
raven777
(03-17-2017, 05:27 AM)

Originally Posted by falconxcrunner09

Glad SE didn't sit back on this one. Is there any major issues/bugs in this port after the patch?

Final Xemnas RC is still broken, lots of physics problems still seems to be there.
The12thGripper
(03-17-2017, 05:28 AM)
Bizkit says they fixed Data Saix, Vexen and Quick Run but Final Xemnas RC is still fucked. I hope the save crashes are fixed, probably the #1 biggest problem with the port right now.
Slaythe
(03-17-2017, 05:34 AM)
Remaining issues :

- Drive forms (wisdom and final specifically) can't jump on stairs

- Final Xemnas reaction command still doesn't show up

- Terra is broken still, mechanically(can't guard punch, and he whips too soon) and visually (glitches)

- Sliding dash is still messed up

We don't know about saves crashing yet.
Last edited by Slaythe; 03-17-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Ravage
(03-17-2017, 05:37 AM)
Hope we get another Bizkit video detailing the improvements from this patch.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(03-17-2017, 05:41 AM)

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

Holy crap that's horrible. That's not okay at all. I really hope Square Enix fixes this soon. Along with FFVII PS4.

What?
Fj0823
(03-17-2017, 06:21 AM)
Is the save crash fixed?
Tetsujin_MK
(03-17-2017, 06:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Fj0823

Is the save crash fixed?

I think it'll take some time before anyone can say for certain.
LAA
(03-17-2017, 07:37 AM)
Cool, awesome to hear they're fixing things. Hopefully continues to fix the rest, hopefully before the US/EU release.

Yeah I'm not sure about this either, platinumed FFVII PS4 no problem. Only weird thing I noticed was even in invincible mode I think ruby weapon could still kill you, so you had to be somewhat prepared.
Last edited by LAA; 03-17-2017 at 07:52 AM.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(03-17-2017, 07:40 AM)
I think there's a music issue in VII where it restarts after a battle instead of continuing where it left off?

A little annoying and should have been patched. But it's been out for almost a year and a half, haha. They're not patching that.
AlexFlame116
(03-17-2017, 07:43 AM)

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM

What?

Originally Posted by LAA

Cool, awesome to hear they're fixing things. Hopefully continues to fix the rest, hopefully before the US/EU release.

Yeah I'm not sure about this either, platinumed FFVII PS4 no problem. Only weird thing I noticed was even in invincible mode I think ruby weapon could still kill you, sinuous had to be somewhat prepared.

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM

I think there's a music issue in VII where it restarts after a battle instead of continuing where it left off?

A little annoying and should have been patched. But it's been out for almost a year and a half, haha. They're not patching that.

Sorry it isn't anything major at all! Just the music glitch. It's nothing to moan about but, you know, never say never right?

Sorry I didn't mean to start something!
TheBowen
Sat alone in a boggy marsh
(03-17-2017, 07:47 AM)
Ffs. This game, mass effect, and persona 5 I was so looking forward too, and. Ow two of these games are having issues

Hopefully they can fix some of the basic issues. I see they already fixed some already
Last edited by TheBowen; 03-17-2017 at 07:50 AM.
LAA
(03-17-2017, 08:00 AM)

Sorry it isn't anything major at all! Just the music glitch. It's nothing to moan about but, you know, never say never right?

Sorry I didn't mean to start something!

No it's alright ha ha, was just legit curious what was wrong with it as I have heard of major issues.

Fingers crossed the patching continues anyway to make it truly definitive. FFVII sold really well on PS4 too, so bit of a shame they didn't fix issues with it.
Lnds500
(03-17-2017, 08:01 AM)
What was wrong with quick dash?
GreenMakoEyes
(03-17-2017, 09:09 AM)

Originally Posted by raven777

new patch out. suppose to fix some of the problems that occurs due to 60fps, as well as other bugs

http://support.jp.square-enix.com/ne...4dbd9e6a177ff6

Nice to see they care.
Napalm_Frank
(03-17-2017, 02:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Lnds500

What was wrong with quick dash?

The distance was much shorter.

I really hope the save crash is fixed, all the other remaining stuff ain't biggies. The second most annoying one are of course the few bugged RCs.
LordOfLore
(03-18-2017, 10:10 AM)
New video.
McMoneyman
(03-18-2017, 05:28 PM)

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

New video.

A step in the right direction at least.
Blanquito
(03-19-2017, 03:28 PM)
Any other updates? If this has taken care of most issues, then maybe I'll preorder
Napalm_Frank
(03-19-2017, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Blanquito

Any other updates? If this has taken care of most issues, then maybe I'll preorder

Not yet but seems like crashing has been dramatically reduced.

The biggest issues now are the bugs that were in the PS3 version, mainly the Xemnas RC. New PS4 issues left are mostly just physics based weirdness in places caused by 60 fps.

It's kinda funny how vast majority of problems ended up being in KH2, the other 3 games ended up being pretty gud.
Last edited by Napalm_Frank; 03-19-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Undead Fantasy
(03-19-2017, 03:36 PM)
Sigh.

How can they fuck up ports this badly?

The fact that it even has a day one patch is sad.
Napalm_Frank
(03-19-2017, 03:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

Sigh.

How can they fuck up ports this badly?

The fact that it even has a day one patch is sad.

I guess they really wanted to push this out for the anniversary (plus it's giga late release anyway). Also damn big workload for one studio if they mean to finish KH3. Thus port was probably made with minimal workforce.

At least they patched the biggest issues already and hopefully continue to iron out the stupid stuff that was in since PS3. I could easily have seen them take forever to patch anything or just leave ot as is.

Why they just didn't outsource all these ports to Bluepoint or someone, who knows.
Undead Fantasy
(03-19-2017, 03:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

I guess they really wanted to push this out for the anniversary (plus it's giga late release anyway). Also damn big workload for one studio if they mean to finish KH3. Thus port was probably made with minimal workforce.

At least they patched the biggest issues already and hopefully continue to iron out the stupid stuff that was in since PS3. I could easily have seen them take forever to patch anything or just leave ot as is.

Why they just didn't outsource all these ports to Bluepoint or someone, who knows.

Well too bad, they lost my sale.
zMiiChy-
(03-19-2017, 03:46 PM)
Square Enix needs to fix Final Xemnas's reaction command.

That was a pain to deal with in the PS3 remaster, and it absolutely affects more than just the players who speed-run the game.
Last edited by zMiiChy-; 03-19-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Slaythe
(03-19-2017, 05:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

Not yet but seems like crashing has been dramatically reduced.

The biggest issues now are the bugs that were in the PS3 version, mainly the Xemnas RC. New PS4 issues left are mostly just physics based weirdness in places caused by 60 fps.

It's kinda funny how vast majority of problems ended up being in KH2, the other 3 games ended up being pretty gud.

There's a reason.

Kh2 is the only game that had such layered gameplay. Bbs and com are brain dead, kh1 was simplistic.

Also, the xemnas rc glitch is from the ps2 code.

The PS3/4 code amplified the issue somehow. It's probably hard to spot since the guys porting it are not the original developers.

Hopefully they do find it eventually.