• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

OmniGamer
Hard Chargin' Capitalism
(03-20-2017, 04:27 PM)
OmniGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manmademan

The existence of Vulcan kind of blows this theory apart though.

Even Havok is crazy powerful when supplied with sufficient cosmic energy to absorb. He's MUCH more powerful in Space.

Sinister has been tracking the summers family since the 1800s, and was willing to make all kinds of deals to get his hands on about a thousand years' worth of future Summers clan DNA. No one cares about anyone in the Grey bloodline except for Jean, and few people know or even remember that the Shi'ar wiped out jean's immediate family in revenge for the dark Phoenix business.

Jean is crazy powerful, but the potential is locked up in Scott's bloodline.

Also, no one really knows how strong Ruby Summers is, since she won't use her TP at risk of rapid aging and relies on optic blasts instead.

Sinister keeping tabs on the summers line for so long is kind of irrelevant because he basically found "the one" with Jean Grey...and the Shi'ar's attack wasn't about revenge, it was about them being so scared of the Grey genome that they tried to wipe it out entirely, to minimize the possibility of another Dark Phoenix...another Jean Grey Dark Phoenix that is...Cyclops went Dark Phoenix and no other galactic empire is after him. They even went after Teen Jean. "The Trial of Jean Grey" was not that long ago

Vulcan is typical comic book excess married to the lingering thread from the 90s that was the mythical "third Summers brother"...even still, his power level was boosted by absorbing the massive mutant energy release from M-Day...not purely his own innate genetic power.




The Phoenix taps into Jean&Rachel moreso than Jean&Rachel tapping into The Phoenix


"I AM THE POWER"




Speaking of Vulcan...those Summerses make less than ideal Phoenix hosts











Pre-Phoenix, 60s Jean, "Infinite Mental Powers"

The Summers bloodline thing was cute in the 90s, when Jean was dampened down post-retcon...but since then, it's been about dem Grey Genes.

Last edited by OmniGamer; 03-20-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Zen Aku
Member
(03-20-2017, 04:36 PM)
So technically if Scott never suffered head trauma that affected his ability to control his power. Wouldn't that mean he would be able to turn it off and see normally? Colors and all. I assume that's the case.
caliph95
Member
(03-20-2017, 04:37 PM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zen Aku

So technically if Scott never suffered head trauma that affected his ability to control his power. Wouldn't that mean he would be able to turn it off and see normally? Colors and all. I assume that's the case.

Yeah the official explanation is that because of his trauma he couldn't control his powers.
Manmademan
Member
(03-20-2017, 04:45 PM)
Manmademan's Avatar

Originally Posted by OmniGamer

Sinister keeping tabs on the summers line for so long is kind of irrelevant because he basically found "the one" with Jean Grey...and the Shi'ar's attack wasn't about revenge, it was about them being so scared of the Grey genome that they tried to wipe it out entirely, to minimize the possibility of another Dark Phoenix...another Jean Grey Dark Phoenix that is...Cyclops went Dark Phoenix and no other galactic empire is after him. They even went after Teen Jean. "The Trial of Jean Grey" was not that long ago

Vulcan is typical comic book excess married to the lingering thread from the 90s that was the mythical "third Summers brother"...even still, his power level was boosted by absorbing the massive mutant energy release from M-Day...not purely his own innate genetic power.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Sinister first came across Daniel Summers (the summers name was invented, no one knows who he was before this and both parents were killed in an accident) in the 1800s.

Sinister continued to track the summers bloodline through the modern era, to the point where he was interacting with Scott and Alex personally as children.

Further along in the modern era, early 90s in real time and maybe 5 years in Marvel Time Sinister struck a deal with Stryfe to bring him the genetic material from the Summers line ALL THE WAY UP TO OR PAST THE YEAR 3000.

He didn't stop with Jean at all. Sinister wanted to know where Scott's genetic line ended up. He has NEVER investigated any of Jean Grey's genome outside of Jean herself.

Stryfe unfortunately did not provide that material and instead gave Sinister a big fat canister of Legacy Virus that killed a ton of people.


As for the Shi'ar they aren't concerned about the Phoenix other than the issue that Jean as Dark Phoenix killed a planet full of people under the jurisdiction of the Shiar empire. That's it. This is why they didn't care about Scott as Phoenix or Rachael as Phoenix, but did kill Jean's entire family and put her on trial as a teenager for what she would do as an adult the second they determined she had returned.

Furthermore, Vulcan has been confirmed as being an Omega with unlimited potential exactly as Jean is, and Nate Grey/Xman was measured as being at Dark Phoenix levels of power purely on his own without ever being a Phoenix host.

The concept that's it's just Jean's DNA is demonstrably false.
BKatastrophe
Banned
(03-20-2017, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by The Kree

That person's name is fans. No comic writer came up with that. It's just a descriptive nickname.

Originally Posted by Manmademan

No one wrote "punch dimension." Fans made up the term.

Cyclops isn't even unusual. Heroes and villains moving energy and mass into and out of other dimensions to hand wave away blatant violations of the laws of physics isn't new.

No one questions when Soundwave transforms from a Sony Walkman to a 20 foot robot, but the "punch dimension" is EVERYTHING THATS WRONG WITH COMICS

Originally Posted by Angelus Errare

I'm dying laughing at people who don't realize term/phrase "punch dimension" is a made up fan thing

I've been saying that...

Originally Posted by BlitzKeeg

Pretty much. Before this thread I thought he was just a tragic character that always shot lasers out of his eyes. Now that I know it's some portal to another dimension that creates even more plot holes I've lost interest.

That's why simple dudes like Wolverine and Magneto are my favorite X-Men because one of them heals real good and the other can move metal with his mind. The interesting stuff comes from the situations that surround them rather then how the powers work.

You think people don't still treat his powers as "just laser eyes"? We all do. Everyone who ingests any media with Cyclops is just like, "well he has beam eyes." Magneto is insanely OP and can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum, so fuck it, it does whatever you want. And Wolverine? We just had a thread about the logistics of his claws, specifically how the adamantium attached to them got sharpened AND trying to understand how having a metal skeleton even worked on any level.

A power can be as complex or simple as you want until the story states how it works.

Originally Posted by Manmademan

Well yes him, since his powerset is "everything" but even some lower end people just don't make a lot of sense.

Forge's mutant power is "invent anything".

Mr. Immortal's is "can't be killed."

Scarlet witch changes events even past ones by manipulating probability.

No ones figured out a good way to explain that last one, not even marvel.

Extraordinary X-Men had an issue that displayed how Forge's power worked:


I thought that was pretty cool.

Originally Posted by Slayven

Thank you, of all the mutants you could have had, you pick the one who's only power is "can't die ever"

It was a weird choice. Him and Angel were just weird choices for a reboot film.

Originally Posted by Manmademan

Not getting into those two.

However, now that I mention AXIS, it's weird that people are upset that Captain America is evil now, because this is exactly what happened during Axis to pretty much everybody EXCEPT Rogers including Sam Wilson.

Hell, every last X-man turned evil, took over Manhattan for a month while beating the shit out of anyone human, and set off a gene bomb that would have wiped out all non mutant life on earth if not for...Carnage of all people tanking the blast and "killing" himself.

Strangely, no one remembers this happening.

I DO

And I still question what Havok's inversion was.

Originally Posted by OmniGamer

Sinister keeping tabs on the summers line for so long is kind of irrelevant because he basically found "the one" with Jean Grey...and the Shi'ar's attack wasn't about revenge, it was about them being so scared of the Grey genome that they tried to wipe it out entirely, to minimize the possibility of another Dark Phoenix...another Jean Grey Dark Phoenix that is...Cyclops went Dark Phoenix and no other galactic empire is after him. They even went after Teen Jean. "The Trial of Jean Grey" was not that long ago

I dunno. Gladiator seemed pretty vengeful in Trial. The other galactic counsel (or whatever the fuck they felt like calling themselves) were pretty against him doing it, but he was completely adamant in doing it.

At the very least it seemed like he was making it personal. I wish I could find better examples other than J-Sonn, but that's about it.

Also, bonus because that crossover was dope:

Alter_Fridge
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:19 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy

For ppl saying a concussive blast shouldn't create heat.

Wouldn't a sustained concussive pressure of such magnitude undoubtedly create tonnes of instantaneous friction?

Agreed
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(03-20-2017, 07:37 PM)
Slayven's Avatar
Know who is one of the most slept on Mutants? Madison Jefferies, despite being Canadian he is very powerful. He is Tony Stark with the ability to reshape metal with his mind.
Rymuth
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:42 PM)
Rymuth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zen Aku

Yeah I didn't see this coming either. But he really is an animal.

Whats with Wolvie's obsession with Cyclops' girlfriends?
Last edited by Rymuth; 03-20-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Zen Aku
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Rymuth

Whats sith Wolvie's obsession with Cyclops' girlfriends?

I have no idea. Bu t I always thought of it as like a social structure of college between all of the X-men.

Cyclops is obviously the golden boy, the QB of the school who get the smart, most beautiful girl on campus (ie, Jean or Emma), Wolverine is the loner, the kid that smoke a ciggar behind the bleachers, not pathetic but mysterious. He's the badass. The writers just want to write in a triangle relationship and of course as cliche as it is, Jean Grey can't resist the bad boy even if she try her best to be faithful to Scott. (Not that Scott is 100% faithful to her mind you)
PixelatedBookake
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:53 PM)
PixelatedBookake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zen Aku

I have no idea. Bu t I always thought of it as like a social structure of college between all of the X-men.

Cyclops is obviously the golden boy, the QB of the school who get the smart, most beautiful girl on campus (ie, Jean or Emma), Wolverine is the loner, the kid that smoke a ciggar behind the bleachers, not pathetic but mysterious. He's the badass. The writers just want to write in a triangle relationship and of course as cliche as it is, Jean Grey can't resist the bad boy even if she try her best to be faithful to Scott. (Not that Scott is 100% faithful to her mind you)

X-Men is The Breakfast Club
Matsukaze
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:54 PM)
Matsukaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slayven

Know who is one of the most slept on Mutants? Madison Jefferies, despite being Canadian he is very powerful. He is Tony Stark with the ability to reshape metal with his mind.

Jeffries is awesome. Dr. Nemesis can mock him all he likes, doesn't change the fact that Jeffries would be a bad man to piss off.
jrh2
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:55 PM)
jrh2's Avatar
These threads are always insufferable because comics change this kind of stuff all the time depending on the current canon and everyone always cites either their favorite explanation or the dumbest one depending on how they feel about the character / arc / series / publisher.

The answer is it depends!
Fuzzery
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:57 PM)
Fuzzery's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyan

The... punch dimension. Ok. I guess that at least explains why they're red.

He draws energy from a cosmic entity known as the Kool-aid man
BreezyLimbo
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:58 PM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by itwasTuesday

cyke said behold optic blast and cyclone kick and thats all he ever said ever. every single match

That's what I was thinking about

BEHOLD
BEHOLD
BEHOLD
BEHOLD! OPTIC BLAST!
.JayZii
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:03 PM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

Do you think that's ever been brought up?

I don't know, that's why I asked the question.

OP was asking why sometimes things are left burning after he uses his power and I offered an explanation and asked if that could be the case.

Do you think it's ever been brought up?
That Dude John
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:07 PM)
That Dude John's Avatar
I keep reading "punch" as the beverage, but that can't be right.
Anoregon
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:11 PM)
Anoregon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuzzery

He draws energy from a cosmic entity known as the Kool-aid man

He can break through all dimensional walls.
The Kree
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:12 PM)
The Kree's Avatar
Punch Dimension would make a good band name.
BKatastrophe
Banned
(03-20-2017, 08:46 PM)

Originally Posted by .JayZii

I don't know, that's why I asked the question.

OP was asking why sometimes things are left burning after he uses his power and I offered an explanation and asked if that could be the case.

Do you think it's ever been brought up?

I don't think it has ever been brought up.

Ever.
henhowc
(03-20-2017, 08:49 PM)
henhowc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyan

The... punch dimension. Ok. I guess that at least explains why they're red.

Lol dead.

Some things are just better left murky/unexplained.
Rentahamster
Rodent Whores
(03-20-2017, 08:54 PM)
Rentahamster's Avatar

Originally Posted by EVO

Cyclops would make for an awesome VR game.

Baron Von Beans
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:29 PM)
Baron Von Beans's Avatar
Just thought of something. Since his glasses/visor is not flush with his eyes, and the lenses are sitting an inch or so away....are his eyes constantly blasting inside his visor/glasses set up? And then when he "opens them up" is just when it can finally go somewhere else aside from one inch on front of his face?

Also, 90's comic Cyclops was sick. I loved that outfit, and the way they drew his powers back then. I couldn't quote it, but there is a large panel of him holding Jean, with his eyes glowing with power. Steaming with power, almost. So badass looking.
BKatastrophe
Banned
(03-20-2017, 09:32 PM)
I didn't see it get posted earlier, but there is a Because Science about how Cyclops sees.

It's nonsense.
Cheerilee
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:58 PM)
Cheerilee's Avatar

Originally Posted by Angelus Errare

Originally Posted by Randam

Originally Posted by MattKeil

The entire "punch dimension" thing was invented to explain why firing the blast doesn't snap Cyclops' neck. It's as good as anything.

Why did people start asking that?

Newton's 3rd Law.

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy

For ppl saying a concussive blast shouldn't create heat.

Wouldn't a sustained concussive pressure of such magnitude undoubtedly create tonnes of instantaneous friction?

Agreed

That's assuming that Cyclops' Optic Blasts behave in a way that scientists expect them to behave.

If you point a red laser pointer at a concrete wall, do you really need to worry about recoil knocking the laser pointer out of your hand? Of course not, because that's not how lasers work. But then what if that laser (not a concussive blast, a red laser) hits that concrete wall with punching force and knocks the wall down? And then you walk up to the remains of the wall and touch them and feel that they're not even hot?

The answer is "WTF is that!? How does any of this work!? It defies conventional science!"

It lends plausibility to the theory that the energy comes from the Fruity/Fist Punch Dimension, where the known laws of physics do not apply.

It's also a convenient excuse for the fact that if Cyclops blasted an electricity-generating turbine to make it spin, he could probably power an entire city with ease, which does not compute with the meager amount of solar radiation he could be collecting from even a 100% efficient human-sized solar panel. It makes more sense, energy-wise, if his trickle of solar energy determines how large of a floodgate to an entirely different source of energy he can open.

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

I didn't see it get posted earlier, but there is a Because Science about how Cyclops sees.

It's nonsense.

Uni-directional portals. Red punch light exits from his eyes, but when visible light enters his eyes it goes where it's supposed to go, as normal, uninterrupted, and does not get transported into the punch dimension via a 2-way portal.
OmniGamer
Hard Chargin' Capitalism
(03-20-2017, 11:39 PM)
OmniGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baron Von Beans


Also, 90's comic Cyclops was sick. I loved that outfit, and the way they drew his powers back then. I couldn't quote it, but there is a large panel of him holding Jean, with his eyes glowing with power. Steaming with power, almost. So badass looking.

Check my post on page 3
sarcastor
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:47 PM)
sarcastor's Avatar

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

I didn't see it get posted earlier, but there is a Because Science about how Cyclops sees.

It's nonsense.

Are you saying a man can't have a portal to the punch dimension in his eyeballs AND still be capable of sight? Damn you, physics !
SRG01
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:52 PM)
SRG01's Avatar

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

I DO

And I still question what Havok's inversion was.

I'm pretty sure his inversion is that Havok is less likely to work outside of mutant-kind now. Or, to put it another way, he was pretty much the opposite of Cyclops prior to the inversion with the unity squad and he made amends post-inversion.
flaxknuckles
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:27 AM)
flaxknuckles's Avatar

Originally Posted by kame-sennin

Dumbest change ever. Cyclops being solar powered was interesting, and a perfectly fine explanation for why his beams were so strong. A portal to another dimension is just stupid, and calling it the "punch dimension" is worse.

Edit:

How is boring ass, dime-a-dozen solar powers more interesting than having portals in your eyes that shoot Tyson fists?
Coriolanus
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:34 AM)
Coriolanus's Avatar

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

I dunno. Gladiator seemed pretty vengeful in Trial. The other galactic counsel (or whatever the fuck they felt like calling themselves) were pretty against him doing it, but he was completely adamant in doing it.

At the very least it seemed like he was making it personal. I wish I could find better examples other than J-Sonn, but that's about it.

...huh. J-Sonn is pretty much always a massive asshole, so what was his play there?

Originally Posted by Cheerilee

Uni-directional portals. Red punch light exits from his eyes, but when visible light enters his eyes it goes where it's supposed to go, as normal, uninterrupted, and does not get transported into the punch dimension via a 2-way portal.

How do we know they're uni-directional?
Cheerilee
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:00 AM)
Cheerilee's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coriolanus

How do we know they're uni-directional?

Just a theory that fits the problem.

If Cyclops is assumed by a scientist to be "blind" because light is exiting his eyes from a portal, therefore no light can enter his eyes without logically passing back through that same portal into the punch dimension, but Cyclops is clearly not blind, then there's a flaw in the scientist's reasoning.

If portals can be assumed to exist, then one-way portals aren't a stretch. If the portals are one-way, and there's no visible representation of the portal (no decorative frame), then there's nothing to block Cyclops' vision. Light could just magically appear from thin air at some point inside Cyclops' eyes.
BKatastrophe
Banned
(03-21-2017, 02:09 AM)

Originally Posted by SRG01

I'm pretty sure his inversion is that Havok is less likely to work outside of mutant-kind now. Or, to put it another way, he was pretty much the opposite of Cyclops prior to the inversion with the unity squad and he made amends post-inversion.

It's irrelevant anyways. The only one who remained inverted after Secret Wars is Sabertooth.

Originally Posted by Coriolanus

...huh. J-Sonn is pretty much always a massive asshole, so what was his play there?

Good question. Can't remember.
OmniGamer
Hard Chargin' Capitalism
(03-21-2017, 02:36 AM)
OmniGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manmademan

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Sinister first came across Daniel Summers (the summers name was invented, no one knows who he was before this and both parents were killed in an accident) in the 1800s.

Sinister continued to track the summers bloodline through the modern era, to the point where he was interacting with Scott and Alex personally as children.

Further along in the modern era, early 90s in real time and maybe 5 years in Marvel Time Sinister struck a deal with Stryfe to bring him the genetic material from the Summers line ALL THE WAY UP TO OR PAST THE YEAR 3000.

His obsession with Scott and the Summers line is just that, an obsession.

He didn't stop with Jean at all. Sinister wanted to know where Scott's genetic line ended up. He has NEVER investigated any of Jean Grey's genome outside of Jean herself.

Stryfe unfortunately did not provide that material and instead gave Sinister a big fat canister of Legacy Virus that killed a ton of people.


As for the Shi'ar they aren't concerned about the Phoenix other than the issue that Jean as Dark Phoenix killed a planet full of people under the jurisdiction of the Shiar empire. That's it. This is why they didn't care about Scott as Phoenix or Rachael as Phoenix, but did kill Jean's entire family and put her on trial as a teenager for what she would do as an adult the second they determined she had returned.

No, the Shi'ar view Phoenix manifestations through the Grey genome as a supreme threat...how can you say they didn't care about Rachel as Phoenix...they BRANDED her with that Phoenix tattoo...Rachel even remarks that they somehow forgot about Cable, and she plans on keeping them busy with her to keep it that way.





Onslaught tried TWICE to get Jean to access her Phoenix potential and join him...failing that, he sought two other psionic powerhouses...the inexperienced and young Nate Grey and Franklin Richards.

Apocalypse previously did the same, and has remarked how Jean(X-Factor) was potentially his match is more.



Furthermore, Vulcan has been confirmed as being an Omega with unlimited potential exactly as Jean is, and Nate Grey/Xman was measured as being at Dark Phoenix levels of power purely on his own without ever being a Phoenix host.

Again, Vulcan was boosted to Omega only after absorbing the mutant energies of M-Day

Jean and Iceman were classed as Omega as teens. Scott was not.

Moira knew it about Jean as well, and remarked as such during the original Phoenix Saga.

In fact, it's that same data from Jean/Phoenix that she compares Nate Grey to, which makes sense, as genetically he is Jean's son. And while not being a host, he has manifested a Phoenix Raptor

I don't see too many cosmic beings afraid of Scott



The concept that's it's just Jean's DNA is demonstrably false.

I didn't say that it's just Jean's DNA...but without a doubt, it's her genes doing the heavy lifting...Jean's kids are all powerhouses...Scott's other kids...Ruby, and those kids from "X-Men: The End", don't appear to be. And them being kids doesn't let them off the hook because even as a baby, Nathan was generating powerful telekinetic forcefields, psionically "cry" for help, and even pulled Jean onto the astral plane to help him against Apocalypse.
Last edited by OmniGamer; 03-21-2017 at 02:49 AM.
Dalek
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:25 AM)
Dalek's Avatar
Let's talk about how Telepathy is a bullshit power. When I think to myself the words "I want a sandwich", there is no "voice" or "sound" in my head for you to listen in on. It's neurons firing. You're not like a mental eavesdropper, Chuck!
DangerMouse
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:38 AM)
DangerMouse's Avatar

Originally Posted by karasu

I love this thread. As a kid, I used to get so amped when Cyclops would take the visor off. Either literally or figuratively. That blast is humongous and levels everything.

Yeah.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(03-21-2017, 03:44 AM)
Slayven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dalek

Let's talk about how Telepathy is a bullshit power. When I think to myself the words "I want a sandwich", there is no "voice" or "sound" in my head for you to listen in on. It's neurons firing. You're not like a mental eavesdropper, Chuck!

How do radios work?
Coriolanus
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:02 AM)
Coriolanus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cheerilee

Just a theory that fits the problem.

If Cyclops is assumed by a scientist to be "blind" because light is exiting his eyes from a portal, therefore no light can enter his eyes without logically passing back through that same portal into the punch dimension, but Cyclops is clearly not blind, then there's a flaw in the scientist's reasoning.

If portals can be assumed to exist, then one-way portals aren't a stretch. If the portals are one-way, and there's no visible representation of the portal (no decorative frame), then there's nothing to block Cyclops' vision. Light could just magically appear from thin air at some point inside Cyclops' eyes.

iirc light bounces quite a lot inside the eye and our receptors, which is the retina spread all around inside the eye, can cobble an image together from that, so, assuming that the portal was small enough, even if it is physically present inside the eye, Cyke would still be able to see. (unless i understood eye diagrams wrong and light must hit the optic nerve directly)

but im sure someone from ophthalmogaf might show up to clarify some way this could/couldnt be possible.

Originally Posted by Slayven

How do radios work?

they...open a portal to the radio dimension?
Last edited by Coriolanus; 03-21-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Dongs Macabre
aka Daedalos42
(03-21-2017, 04:18 AM)
Dongs Macabre's Avatar
His blasts come from a dimension of pure energy.
SDBurton
World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
(03-21-2017, 04:25 AM)
SDBurton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

how do they work? like this

I remember this. Summers the motherfucking GOAT.
itwasTuesday
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:33 AM)
itwasTuesday's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrSlek

Cyclops is great, but he's no Flyclops.

So this should work right. simply newtons law every action has an equal and opposite reaction, the kinetic force has to go somewhere right.

But that reaction travels thru the eye portal to the punch dimension & it disperses there. and cyclops body is free to do whatever it wants. Which is why his head doesn't cock back like a shotgun with each shot.

man cyke is cool
Triscuitable
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:58 AM)
Triscuitable's Avatar

Originally Posted by itwasTuesday

So this should work right. simply newtons law every action has an equal and opposite reaction, the kinetic force has to go somewhere right.

But that reaction travels thru the eye portal to the punch dimension & it disperses there. and cyclops body is free to do whatever it wants. Which is why his head doesn't cock back like a shotgun with each shot.

man cyke is cool

It'd blast Cyclops backwards (if there's recoil) but that's not as funny.

If his eyes really are just portals then all hail Flyclops.
caliph95
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:34 AM)
caliph95's Avatar
We could go with the Universe X explanation that explain the Mutant and mutate powers as the experiments by the celestial turning into low level reality warpers. it's the speedforce explanation
Testicular Sound Express
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:59 AM)
meat dimension is the funnies tthing I've read in a long time
Randam
Member
(03-21-2017, 09:42 AM)
Randam's Avatar

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire

recoil?

There are countless characters that shoot energyblasts from their body(hands,chest, head).
I never thought about the recoil.
SomedayTheFire
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:21 PM)
SomedayTheFire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Randam

There are countless characters that shoot energyblasts from their body(hands,chest, head).
I never thought about the recoil.

neither did i tbh until that post. it's the only logical thing I can think of that answer that question.
Randam
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:02 PM)
Randam's Avatar

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire

neither did i tbh until that post. it's the only logical thing I can think of that answer that question.

Cyclops could just have a realy good standing.
SomedayTheFire
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:42 PM)
SomedayTheFire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Randam

Cyclops could just have a realy good standing.

His mutant power is just really good balance, the portals in his eyes are completely separate
Cheerilee
Member
(03-21-2017, 10:28 PM)
Cheerilee's Avatar

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire

neither did i tbh until that post. it's the only logical thing I can think of that answer that question.

Even without the portals, recoil from Cyclops' Optic Blast doesn't need to be explained, because it's not really a concussive blast. People just say it's more like a concussive blast than a laser, because it's often mistaken for a laser due to it's appearance, but in reality (fictional reality), it's neither.

It looks and acts like a laser, but hits things with the force of a concussive blast. It has little-to-no recoil. It has little-to-no heat. It can be absorbed by the skin of Scott and/or his brother to power new attacks. It ceases to exist once it comes into contact with any amount of a rare variant of quartz which has an oddly-specific blend of impurities. And according to some earlier explanations, it's created by transforming collected solar energy in trace amounts small enough to power a pocket calculator.

It defies explanation in so many ways that "lack of recoil" should not stand out as some sort of dealbreaker.
Crimson_Echidna
Member
(03-21-2017, 10:30 PM)
Crimson_Echidna's Avatar

Originally Posted by maruchan

:3

technically isn't havoc also immuned to this blast because of some bull shit thing about mutant powers having no affect to family members, which makes no sense[/QUOTE]

Yep, Havoc generates the same type of energy so they are immune to each others powers.
Username1198
Member
(03-21-2017, 10:33 PM)
Username1198's Avatar
So im behind on this thread but is cyclops not a mutant then if his eyes are portals?

Thread Tools