• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

LordKano
Banned
(03-20-2017, 01:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Labombadog

Awesome. I'm really behind the rumors. Thanks for the clarification, LordKano.

You're welcome. :P

Originally Posted by Oregano

I'm fairly sure they said Switch would have Gamecube VC at launch which is a fairly big miss.

They didn't. At least, nothing is mentionned in their report.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...onsole-support
Inuhanyou
Banned
Why put Wii U and PSVita level character models in the same bracket? They are nowhere near the same. Wii U has bayo 2 at 720p 60fps. Vita cant even run god of war at sub native res at 30fps
SummitAve

Originally Posted by shingi70

Great to see Pocket Jockey coming to the switch.

Omg yes please. This over pokemon!
AcademicSaucer
(03-20-2017, 01:51 PM)

Originally Posted by shingi70

Great to see Pocket Jockey coming to the switch.

That would be ace.
Dark Cloud
Banned
(03-20-2017, 01:52 PM)
I'm hoping this means it's for a a Pokémon Switch game built from the ground up (duh!), but I still hope we get the Pokémon Stars rumored game for the switch this year.
Cartho
(03-20-2017, 01:53 PM)

How accurate has Eurogamer been with the Switch's rumors?

100% so far. They've been the most reliable source in terms of "win percentage" as it were. They seem very very confident about the Stars rumour, they've got it listed as a 2017 game on their Switch release calendar, right next to Mario Odyssey etc.

I reckon Stars is going to be Switch exclusive but literally just Sun and Moon. Perhaps with the odd tweak here and there like Mario Kart 8 deluxe.

Then this recruitment is for the proper next gen Pokemon game which will be gen 8 and Switch exclusive.
FelipeMGM
(03-20-2017, 01:55 PM)

I'm fairly sure they said Switch would have Gamecube VC at launch which is a fairly big miss.

wasnt that Laura?

Its hard to remember who said what because they would corroborate a lot on these rumors
MAX PAYMENT
(03-20-2017, 01:56 PM)
How is Pokemon sun and moon?

I imagine stars would get a few extra features plus HD.
Labombadog
(03-20-2017, 01:56 PM)

Originally Posted by FelipeMGM

wasnt that Laura?

Its hard to remember who said what because they would corroborate a lot on these rumors

According to the article LordKano posted they simply say the GC VC is coming. Never mentions on launch.
Dark Cloud
Banned
(03-20-2017, 02:00 PM)

wasnt that Laura?

Eurogamer NEVER said VC would be at launch. They said it was coming and mentioned Luigis Mansion, Sunshine and Melee as the initial GC VC games.

So far Eurogamer has been right about a lot.

Also, these guys are seriously not getting some credit I feel like and more recognition. This was back in August.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pok-m...ine-up/0170678

Developer Game Freak will bring Pokémon to the platform, while Nintendo’s first party titles include the previously announced Zelda game – Breath of the Wild – and a new Mario game. All three products are scheduled to appear within the first six months of the machine’s life.

Mario Odyssey may not come out in 6 months, but it's still coming this year.
FelipeMGM
(03-20-2017, 02:00 PM)

According to the article LordKano posted they simply say the GC VC is coming. Never mentions on launch.

cool.

Really hope they are right on Stars, as I didnt play Sun & Moon yet and would love to play it on the Switch
ekim
(03-20-2017, 02:01 PM)
Oh finally a successor to the second half of Bravely Default!
Shiggy
(03-20-2017, 02:04 PM)
Would be funny if this turned out to be something completely different. Their smaller titles are always pretty much under the radar.

But globally popular RPG makes it rather obvious.
Jacobson
(03-20-2017, 02:05 PM)
Guys, c'mon.

It's obviously Harmoknight RPG Switch.
Mr. Pointy
Game Freak working on Final Fantasy XVI for PS4?
clemenx
Why would people expect Pokemon Switch proper anytime soon? when a new gen just started.
Sponge
(03-20-2017, 02:06 PM)
There it is.gif

Looking forward to this.
texhnolyze
(03-20-2017, 02:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Rymuth

Huh...sounds like it's a long way off.

Enough time for me to save up for a Switch.
LordKano
Banned

Originally Posted by clemenx

Why would people expect Pokemon Switch proper anytime soon? when a new gen just started.

Pokémon Stars on Switch this year, then 8G in 2019. With maybe Diamond/Pearl remake in 2018. That's my prediction.
It would be the same three-years cycle as between Black/White and XY, and between XY and Sun/Moon.
Asmodai48
WTB pokemon mmo
Zedark

Actually I don't think they said this, since I can't find it in the article (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...onsole-support). Did they mention it elsewhere?
mclem
(03-20-2017, 02:09 PM)
It's hard to say, Game Freak works on so many globally popular RPG franchises that it's damn near impossible to break the vast range of possibilities down to just one.
Jaded Alyx
(03-20-2017, 02:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Asmodai48

WTB pokemon mmo

Pokémon Go came out already.
Atheerios
(03-20-2017, 02:11 PM)

Originally Posted by LordKano

Pokémon Stars on Switch this year, then 8G in 2019. With maybe Diamond/Pearl remake in 2018. That's my prediction.
It would be the same three-years cycle as between Black/White and XY, and between XY and Sun/Moon.

Pokemon DP remakes will only come after gen 8.
cw_sasuke
(03-20-2017, 02:11 PM)
Pokemon
SMT
Dragon Quest
Tales Of
Xenoblade 2
Fire Emblem
Octopath Traveler

Switch is already in a position where it could have the best JRPG lineup on a Nintendo console since the SNES. Not even including potential remasters/VC like Mother 3 and SD3 w. potential online multiplay.

Looking good and i expect other JRPGs devs will follow unless the system tanks.
Johannsson
(03-20-2017, 02:12 PM)
If it's Pokémon Switch, it doesn't sound like it's coming anytime soon.
Litri
(03-20-2017, 02:12 PM)
POKESWITCH incoming but doubt it will be ready for xmas this year.
Dagobert Duck
(03-20-2017, 02:14 PM)
Nintendo should give them the Zelda engine...make Pokemon cartoony and open space and online....
LordKano
Banned
(03-20-2017, 02:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Atheerios

Pokemon DP remakes will only come after gen 8.

Why ? Ruby/Sapphire got remade 12 years after its release, 10 years for Gold/Silver, 8 years for Red/Blue. It's been almost 11 years since Diamond/Pearl. It will be 12 years in fall 2018. It's quite probable I think.
Lexxism
(03-20-2017, 02:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Johannsson

If it's Pokémon Switch, it doesn't sound like it's coming anytime soon.

It's not. This is more like an 8th gen Pokemon.
Neoxon
(03-20-2017, 02:15 PM)

Eurogamer never said that GameCube VC would be there at launch, it was just assumed by those who read it.

Originally Posted by Litri

POKESWITCH incoming but doubt it will be ready for xmas this year.

As Zalman said, Pokémon Stars likely won't be a huge step-up from Sun/Moon visually if it's indeed an actual thing that's Switch-only (think of a 3DS emulator running Sun/Moon, albeit with better textures & new content). This is likely for Gen 8 being built from the ground-up for the Switch.
Asmodai48
(03-20-2017, 02:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

Pokémon Go came out already.

If you're up for dogshit gameplay yea.
Neoxon
(03-20-2017, 02:16 PM)

Why ? Ruby/Sapphire got remade 12 years after its release, 10 years for Gold/Silver, 8 years for Red/Blue. It's been almost 11 years since Diamond/Pearl. It will be 12 years in fall 2018. It's quite probable I think.

To be fair, the last time we had 2 gens on one system (Gen 4 & 5 on the DS), the latter gen didn't get a pair of remakes.
Irishonion
(03-20-2017, 02:18 PM)
Will be super stoked for a Pokemon game built specifically for switch.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(03-20-2017, 02:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Inuhanyou

Why put Wii U and PSVita level character models in the same bracket? They are nowhere near the same. Wii U has bayo 2 at 720p 60fps. Vita cant even run god of war at sub native res at 30fps

Perhaps they intend to have different assets for docked and undocked?
Magnus
(03-20-2017, 02:21 PM)

Originally Posted by sinonobu

Pokemon Stars - 2017

Pokemon DP remake - 2018

Pokemon Switch (8th gen) - 2019

That's what I'd predict too. An 8th gen Switch-exclusive Pokemon before 2019 is highly unrealistic imo. Gen 7 JUST launched and there's too much money to be made from leveraging existing games and new remakes on the Switch first. It'll have that new system feel without requiring anywhere near the same dev time.
LordKano
Banned
(03-20-2017, 02:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Neoxon

To be fair, the last time we had 2 gens on one system (Gen 4 & 5 on the DS), the latter gen didn't get a pair of remakes.

It hasn't really occured enough times to think it's an habit of Game Freak. It's also the first time a new generation is making the leap between a console and its successor.
SCB3
(03-20-2017, 02:24 PM)

Pokémon Switch?

that sounds a lot like Pokémon for the Switch

EDIT: A new game I mean, not for Stars.

Hmm, I'm more interested to know that they use Maya for 3D modelling on Pokemon, that's really interesting to someone in games dev, like myself, to know

Also a full 3D remake of Red/Blue could be very interesting as a Switch release, a great way to bring even more people to Switch
Inuhanyou
Banned
(03-20-2017, 02:25 PM)

Originally Posted by efyu_lemonardo

Perhaps they intend to have different assets for docked and undocked?

sounds like unnecessary work to me friendo, but i am but a simple man.

Having entirely different assets for a machine we know is already bandwidth limited seems stretching it
13ruce
(03-20-2017, 02:26 PM)
This pretty much confirms a full Pokemon Game on the Switch.

Guess that rumor was true then.
Little Mons†er
(03-20-2017, 02:28 PM)

11 years?????

Jesus how time flies by
Skittzo0413
(03-20-2017, 02:30 PM)
"Globally Popular RPG" is a pretty dumb way to keep the actual title secret.

Anyway this sounds like a Pokemon built from the ground up for Switch, probably 2018-2019. Sounds good to me. I'll be getting the nearly confirmed Stars this year.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(03-20-2017, 02:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Inuhanyou

sounds like unnecessary work to me friendo, but i am but a simple man.

Having entirely different assets for a machine we know is already bandwidth limited seems stretching it

Just thinking out loud based on what we know. Was wondering if perhaps they wanted to have the portable experience run on the lowest power possible to allow for extended battery life - this could allow them to keep pushing pokemon's social aspects.

Edit: or maybe one set of models for the overworld and another for battles/future games? Honestly just spit-balling.
Last edited by efyu_lemonardo; 03-20-2017 at 02:34 PM.
H3xum
(03-20-2017, 02:33 PM)
MapleStory finally coming to consoles
SCB3
(03-20-2017, 02:36 PM)

were D/P received well though?I know a lot dropped off after Ruby/Sapphire,
farisr
(03-20-2017, 02:37 PM)
Glad they included the "super deformed" detail in the listing. Helps me lower my hype considerably.
Graphics Horse
graphics horse
graphics horse
does whatever a
graphics horse does
(03-20-2017, 02:37 PM)

This is because they only made remakes once per hardware, and after the fresh generation entry for that platform. that doesn't have to be the case but I'm not sure there's much incentive to make remakes when they could make something potentially cheap like Sun2/Moon2/Stars2 for 2018.
Neoxon
(03-20-2017, 02:38 PM)

Originally Posted by 13ruce

This pretty much confirms a full Pokemon Game on the Switch.

Guess that rumor was true then.

The rumor was for Stars, which would basically be the third version of Sun/Moon (which, as mentioned before, wouldn't be a huge step-up from Sun/Moon). The listing for this game as well as the timing makes it sound as if Game Freak is hiring for Pokémon Gen 8 on the Switch.

Originally Posted by sinonobu

Pokemon Stars - 2017

Pokemon DP remake - 2018

Pokemon Switch (8th gen) - 2019

I'd switch Gen 8 & the DP remakes around, but that's just me.
LordKano
Banned
(03-20-2017, 02:40 PM)

Originally Posted by SCB3

were D/P received well though?I know a lot dropped off after Ruby/Sapphire,

They sold way more than Ruby/Sapphire, thanks to DS popularity.

Originally Posted by Graphics Horse

This is because they only made remakes once per hardware, that doesn't have to be the case but I'm not sure there's much incentive to make remakes when they could make something potentially cheap like Sun2/Moon2/Stars2 for 2018.

I don't think a SuMo 2 would be necessarily cheaper. And, it would mean the same region for three consecutive years, and not even GameFreak would be lazy enough to do that lol.
Waji
(03-20-2017, 02:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Lifeline

Probably the best thing about Nintendo going Console/Handheld hybrid.

With SMT and other really fun surprises along the way.