• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(03-20-2017, 07:50 PM)
Honestly if were going to get a pokemon game this year i hope its not gen 8 and that they take their time with that. It could be so epic... Nintendo should provide them with development resources and assistance that would be cool
Aleh
(03-20-2017, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by KAL2006

I swear i read somewhere Gamefreak wasn't planning to even do a Ruby and Sapphire remake but ended up doing it due to fan demand. I think this time around they will avoid remakes. They will get back into making 3rd versions or sequels like Black and White 2

After SM I'm sure there will be DPP remakes, the lore of both sets of games is just too connected to be a coincidence
Oregano
(03-20-2017, 08:02 PM)

Originally Posted by LordKano

You're welcome. :P

They didn't. At least, nothing is mentionned in their report.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...onsole-support

Sorry must have missed this but you're correct. I must have confused launch games for GCN VC with launch games for Switch.

Originally Posted by Aleh

After SM I'm sure there will be DPP remakes, the lore of both sets of games is just too connected to be a coincidence

Not to mention Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire did really, really well.
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(03-20-2017, 08:03 PM)

Originally Posted by sinonobu

Pokemon Stars - 2017

Pokemon DP remake - 2018

Pokemon Switch (8th gen) - 2019

Probably either this, or no game in 2018 and the DP remake will be in Gen 8.

Originally Posted by Neoxon

Then it may be for Gen 8 being ready for next year.

If May 2018 is around when they expect their model work to be done a late 2018 release is possible, but I'd put my money on 2019, maybe early in the year.
Last edited by ArchedThunder; 03-20-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Oersted
(03-20-2017, 08:32 PM)

Originally Posted by timshundo

There's no "Stars" and there's no "Spla2n" peopleeee

Splatoon 2 has been officially announced, never denied and was always plausable.

A new Pokemon title has never been denied, was always plausable and the Pokemon Company CEO said they are making games for Switch. The only question is if it ends up being Stars/a remake or a entirely new game.

In short, your joke is too high for me.
sturgboski
(03-20-2017, 08:34 PM)
Yes! A Tembo the Badass Elephant RPG sequel!
Chittagong
(03-20-2017, 08:35 PM)
Pokemon Switch to be PS Vita level LOL

joking, I am insanely excited to get to play a modern Pokemon, and to do so on the big screen TV
Joni
(03-20-2017, 08:53 PM)
They must be working on a new Dragon Quest for Vita.
Shizuka
(03-20-2017, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Oregano

You're not seriously suggesting Vita and Wii U are comparable? Even on paper it's a massive gulf.

There were better examples than comparing a native title developed for the Wii U to an "HD" port of PS2 games for the Vita.
SOR5
(03-20-2017, 09:19 PM)
Globally popular

Game Freak

It sure as shit isn't a Tembo RPG
Blobbers
(03-20-2017, 09:25 PM)
imagine Pokemon Switch, Xenoblade 2 and Dragon Quest XI all releasing in 2018. what a beast of a year. and then we go straight away into 2019 with Kingdom Hearts 3 bundled with the FFVIIr EP1 demo, now in development.
Mory Dunz
(03-20-2017, 09:37 PM)
nvm
Neoxon
(03-20-2017, 09:58 PM)

Originally Posted by ArchedThunder

If May 2018 is around when they expect their model work to be done a late 2018 release is possible, but I'd put my money on 2019, maybe early in the year.

The only model work they'd need to do is for the human characters & the environments (which is still no easy task), as the Pokémon models are already future-proofed. Also, Pokémon games have typically been released during late Fall, so I'd imagine that Game Freak would work their asses off to get it ready for the 2018 holidays (if that's even possible in this theoretical scenario).
Oregano
(03-20-2017, 09:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Shizuka

There were better examples than comparing a native title developed for the Wii U to an "HD" port of PS2 games for the Vita.

True, can't argue there. I don't think any PS2-to-Vita port fared particularily well though. Isn't Persona 4 Golden Sub-native as well?
Neoxon
(03-20-2017, 10:00 PM)

Originally Posted by KAL2006

I swear i read somewhere Gamefreak wasn't planning to even do a Ruby and Sapphire remake but ended up doing it due to fan demand. I think this time around they will avoid remakes. They will get back into making 3rd versions or sequels like Black and White 2

For Gen 7, maybe. But if they skip remakes this gen, I'd imagine that Game Freak would get right back to it for Gen 8.
Cerium
(03-20-2017, 10:03 PM)
Open world Pokemon with free form climbing and Pokemon based traversal with Monolith helping design the terrain.

Possibly post apocalyptic setting.
Danis Saur
(03-20-2017, 10:08 PM)
Doesn't sound like Pokemon "Stars" but rather a new Pokemon for the Switch.

HYPE LEVELS = BEYOND THE STARS.
Plum
(03-20-2017, 10:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Cerium

Open world Pokemon with free form climbing and Pokemon based traversal with Monolith helping design the terrain.

Possibly post apocalyptic setting.

Pokemon: Breath In Edition
Pokemon: Breath Out Edition
notaskwid
(03-20-2017, 10:14 PM)
Digimon World 3-2
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(03-20-2017, 10:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Neoxon

For Gen 7, maybe. But if they skip remakes this gen, I'd imagine that Game Freak would get right back to it for Gen 8.

Yeah, I see no reason why anyone should think they'll stop doing remakes when they always sell well. DP was a game that got a lot of lapsed fans back into the series and each generation is always someone's first, making it ripe for nostalgia.
UrbanRats
(03-20-2017, 10:18 PM)
This could be the first Pokemon i play, since Pokemon Red on GBC.
Peléo
(03-20-2017, 10:21 PM)
Excited, even if we are probably looking at something that will only come in 2-3 years.
Mameshiba
(03-20-2017, 11:54 PM)
According to https://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-go...ding-25472825/, there are only two Pokebank IDs left for the 7th generation, 32 and 33. If we assume that the Stars rumour is correct and we get a single Sun/Moon based game this year, that basically rules out DP remakes for the 7th generation, unless Gamefreak starts to remake third editions.
Considering how long Gamefreak usually takes for the first installments on new hardware, and the insane power difference between 3DS and Switch, we will probably have to wait until atleast the end of 2019 for 8th gen :(.
klabautermann
(03-20-2017, 11:56 PM)

Originally Posted by sinonobu

Pokemon Stars - 2017

Pokemon DP remake - 2018

Pokemon Switch (8th gen) - 2019

This sounds pretty believable. I'd put my money down on this.
Cerium
(03-20-2017, 11:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Mameshiba

According to https://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-go...ding-25472825/, there are only two Pokebank IDs left for the 7th generation, 32 and 33. If we assume that the Stars rumour is correct and we get a single Sun/Moon based game this year, that basically rules out DP remakes for the 7th generation, unless Gamefreak starts to remake third editions.
Considering how long Gamefreak usually takes for the first installments on new hardware, and the insane power difference between 3DS and Switch, we will probably have to wait until atleast the end of 2019 for 8th gen :(.

Pokemon Stars is a codename according to the original report.

It could just as easily be Pokemon Sun 2 / Moon 2.
Delio
(03-21-2017, 12:03 AM)
Well cant wait to see how Gen 8 will look.
Maxim726X
(03-21-2017, 12:06 AM)
Does Game Freak make anything else?

I mean, it's gotta be Pokemon right?
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(03-21-2017, 12:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Maxim726X

Does Game Freak make anything else?

I mean, it's gotta be Pokemon right?

They do lots of little projects. Pokemon is the only thing they do that fits the description.
Orbit_shadow
(03-21-2017, 02:11 AM)
So i guess we can (finally) expect a breakthrough in the engine?

Is the engine from XY just a continually updated engine from the original?
The overworld i mean.

The battling engine sure is great though.
Cerium
(03-21-2017, 02:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Orbit_shadow

So i guess we can (finally) expect a breakthrough in the engine?

Is the engine from XY just a continually updated engine from the original?
The overworld i mean.

The battling engine sure is great though.

Sun/Moon was already a pretty big step up but this one ought to be even bigger.
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(03-21-2017, 02:17 AM)
This isn't even my final form says the switch in 2017
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(03-21-2017, 02:23 AM)

Originally Posted by cw_sasuke

Pokemon
SMT
Dragon Quest
Tales Of
Xenoblade 2
Fire Emblem
Octopath Traveler

Switch is already in a position where it could have the best JRPG lineup on a Nintendo console since the SNES. Not even including potential remasters/VC like Mother 3 and SD3 w. potential online multiplay.

Looking good and i expect other JRPGs devs will follow unless the system tanks.

I'm possible with pokemon, even Moreso for eastern markets when you include games like dragon quest and splatoon, I didnt want to jump the gun but I think its safe to say that switch has now took japan
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(03-21-2017, 03:04 AM)

Pokemon Stars is a codename according to the original report.

It could just as easily be Pokemon Sun 2 / Moon 2.

My guess is that Stars will end up actually being a set of sequels, Sun and Moon feels like it was written and designed with a sequel in mind.
GearFourth
(03-21-2017, 03:11 AM)
Here's hoping for a brand new IP from GameFreak instead of yet another Pokémon .. I'm personally now getting sick of it
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(03-21-2017, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by GearFourth

Here's hoping for a brand new IP from GameFreak instead of yet another Pokémon .. I'm personally now getting sick of it

The game is described as a "globally popular RPG". It's Pokemon.
It's fine if you're getting sick of Pokemon, game sales show that plenty of people aren't.
Bring on the Pokemon!
LotusHD
(03-21-2017, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by GearFourth

Then don't play it lol
Cerium
(03-21-2017, 03:43 AM)

Originally Posted by ArchedThunder

My guess is that Stars will end up actually being a set of sequels, Sun and Moon feels like it was written and designed with a sequel in mind.

Red Sun / Blue Moon

Return to Kanto in glorious 3D.
SuperBlank
(03-21-2017, 03:44 AM)
Hmm, a globally popular RPG made by Game Freak...

Gosh, I wonder what it could be?! :o
Pagusas
(03-21-2017, 03:47 AM)
they wouldnt be stupid enough to make a gimped console pokemon again would they? I could see them doing another stadium just to piss us all off
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(03-21-2017, 03:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Pagusas

they wouldnt be stupid enough to make a gimped console pokemon again would they? I could see them doing another stadium just to piss us all off

Game Freak didn't make Stadium.
effingvic
(03-21-2017, 03:57 AM)
I need a Pokemon with the BOTW engine. Imagine galloping across grasslands on your Rapidash burning everything in your path and creating massive updrafts that send all the hidden grass and bug Pokemon flying into the air. Would be amazing.
Aaronrules380
(03-21-2017, 03:58 AM)

Red Sun / Blue Moon

Return to Kanto in glorious 3D.

we Megaman now?
LotusHD
(03-21-2017, 03:59 AM)

Originally Posted by effingvic

I need a Pokemon with the BOTW engine. Imagine galloping across grasslands on your Rapidash burning everything in your path and creating massive updrafts that send all the hidden grass and bug Pokemon flying into the air. Would be amazing.

A game where you can fly around on a Rayquaza would give me life
so1337
(03-21-2017, 04:01 AM)
Harmoknight RPG could be pretty dope.
Exterminieren
on the brink of disasrer
(03-21-2017, 04:11 AM)
So... Stars for Switch this year to maintain Gen VII's legs on the new hardware and to get in on the ground floor, spin-off games and filler next year, and Gen VIII in 2019? Sounds about right.
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(03-21-2017, 04:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Exterminieren

So... Stars for Switch this year to maintain Gen VII's legs on the new hardware and to get in on the ground floor, spin-off games and filler next year, and Gen VIII in 2019? Sounds about right.

Give me Pokken Complete and Mystery Dungeon next year on Switch and I'm 110% okay with this.
Neoxon
(03-21-2017, 04:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Exterminieren

That sounds about what I expect.