• @NeoGAF

Teknopathetic
Now we can settle this like gentlemen or we can get into some ol gangster shit
(03-20-2017, 05:52 PM)
"And World Heroes Perfect predates both of those."

SNK wins this round.
Sgt. Kabukiman
(03-20-2017, 06:03 PM)
She looks fun but after seeing her special I'm thinking Vixen might have been a better choice for this type of character. But they needed to fill a villain slot I guess. Still, I'm happy that Cheetah is in the game, the WW part of the DCU is very cool and most comic-book fans don't know that much about it.

But man... I'm going to spend so much time with this game. What a year for videogames.
fluffydelusions
(03-20-2017, 06:07 PM)
Cool
Finaika
(03-20-2017, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Teknopathetic

"And World Heroes Perfect predates both of those."

SNK wins this round.

SNK always wins.
sephi22
(03-20-2017, 09:29 PM)

Originally Posted by That Dude John

I was thinking more Maximum Spider tbh

MAXIMUM TIGER
Falchion
(03-20-2017, 09:45 PM)
I'm really looking forward to this.
kamikazekoala
(03-20-2017, 10:00 PM)
I know this would be next to impossible (because of Sega and other stuff), but...

NRS could make an nice Eternal Champions reboot with their experience and expertise...

*keeps dreaming*
Neoxon
(03-20-2017, 10:07 PM)

Originally Posted by VariantX

I think so too, but I also think there's only so much that can be done when you pick a photorealistic style to work with. Considering how far they've come since MK9, I think the improvements are acceptable. I think they can still do even better, but Its always going to look janky in some way because of the way the art looks.

Let's be fair, Capcom's pretty top-tier when it comes to fighting game animations (with ASW & Lab Zero being within striking distance). But even then, while NRS has come a long way in their animations, something about the style they chose just feels a bit stiff.
Newboi
(03-20-2017, 10:18 PM)

Originally Posted by thatJohann

i hate the 30fps jarring switch when characters get kicked off the screen. they should force it to 60fps at all times.

I'm honestly surprised no developer has ever delved more into frame interpolation for generating higher-framerates in real-time cinematic scenes? LucasArts developed interpolation techniques for Force Unleashed 2 that worked incredibly well in live gameplay (though it was never used in the final game). I thought I would see techniques similar to theirs at least in real-time cinematic.
Ryce
(03-20-2017, 10:19 PM)
SFV is probably the best animated fighting game I've ever played, but I don't think every fighting game needs a cartoony animation style with exaggerated hit stop. Injustice 2 has a photorealistic summer blockbuster aesthetic, and the animation suitably reminds me of CG-enhanced fight scenes.
Ordinaryundone
(03-21-2017, 01:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Neoxon

Let's be fair, Capcom's pretty top-tier when it comes to fighting game animations (with ASW & Lab Zero being within striking distance). But even then, while NRS has come a long way in their animations, something about the style they chose just feels a bit stiff.

That's what you get when you use a realistic art style with the inherently goofy looking animations of a fighting game. Real people don't move like that, with the high, floaty jumping and super quick movement. With cartoon characters you can stretch and deform the models and exaggerate the movements so that. while they don't look realistic, they simply look BETTER.