• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

jorgejjvr
(03-20-2017, 05:28 PM)
I wonder if people will mostly use motion or the control sticks
psyfi
(03-20-2017, 05:29 PM)
This game looks so damn good. What a fresh take on the fighting genre, I love it.
Lambtron
(03-20-2017, 05:30 PM)
I want more information on this game pretty badly. I'm so hyped.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(03-20-2017, 05:31 PM)

Originally Posted by mStudios

Spring Man or Ribbon Girl for smash?

RG is America's Next Top Waifu
Dark Cloud
Banned
(03-20-2017, 05:33 PM)
I think it's all pointing to May release. It looks great. I feel like ARMS is proof to us gamers of what the Switch will be when a dev (Mario Kart team) can make another game.
SatoAilDarko

Originally Posted by DecoReturns

Nintendo likes to use the last couple days of May sometimes for releases. (Mario kart 8 and Splatoon)

I wonder if ARMS would use that slot.

Possibly. But the relative lack of info at the point and especially Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's last days of April release date makes me think this is a June release.

Especially as I see Splatoon 2 hitting in August. Nintendo counts the beginning of September as summer (which it is in the US).
Sword Of Doom
I don't care about this game but my nephew is super excited to play it so I think I'm going to have to buy the game and a second pair of joycons :-/
cw_sasuke
(03-20-2017, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

Possibly. But the relative lack of info at the point and especially Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's last days of April release date makes me think this is a June release.

Especially as I see Splatoon 2 hitting in August. Nintendo counts the beginning of September as summer (which it is in the US).

Nothing that Nintendo Direct in early April after MK8 is out cant change.

I expect ARMS in May and Splatoon in July.
jonno394
Banned
(03-20-2017, 05:40 PM)
Mix and match weapons is a great idea. Very interested to see how this will play in handheld mode.
Peltz
(03-20-2017, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by jon bones

game looks so good

cant wait

i hope we can rearrange buttons - want to use the triggers as left/right punch

What's the button layout right now?
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(03-20-2017, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

I'm starting to think this is going to be a June release also because of Ultra Street Fighter II, between the possible competition between the two games and how USFII doesn't sound like a Capcom-only affair: it comes out on May 26th everywhere, and right now only Nintendo games on Switch are getting simultaneous releases worldwide due to their will of getting content out at the same time in every region now that the system is region free.

However, Splatoon 2 is probably end of July for a pretty simple reason: Obon Holiday in Japan.
ryushe
(03-20-2017, 05:49 PM)
Really love this games look. Hopefully it's the Punchout game we deserve.
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(03-20-2017, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Mpl90

I'm starting to think this is going to be a June release also because of Ultra Street Fighter II, between the possible competition between the two games and how USFII doesn't sound like a Capcom-only affair: it comes out on May 26th everywhere, and right now only Nintendo games on Switch are getting simultaneous releases worldwide due to their will of getting content out at the same time in every region now that the system is region free.

However, Splatoon 2 is probably end of July for a pretty simple reason: Obon Holiday in Japan.

I think ARMS is likely early June and Splatoon mid July.
JustenP88
I earned 100 Gamerscore¬ô for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
(03-20-2017, 05:58 PM)
What's that Japanese holiday/shopping time that falls during American summer? I saw some speculation that they'd really want to get Splatoon 2 out in time for that. Could've been someone talking out of their ass, ofc.

EDIT: Answered in the quoted post above me lol.

Originally Posted by Broken Hope

BOTW doesn't have dungeons, what's your point? No DB are not dungeons.

Yeah they are.
Broken Hope
(03-20-2017, 05:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Velocity:Design:Comfort

Just like how BOTW has no towns and no dungeons, right?

V-Faction
(03-20-2017, 06:01 PM)
"The Every-man every man wants to be."

Damn, that's some dynamite crackerjack advertising.
wild wild rice
(03-20-2017, 06:02 PM)

Originally Posted by jorgejjvr

I wonder if people will mostly use motion or the control sticks

I want to use motion controls because they look fun. But if one method has an advantage over another, I'll hope for separate lobbies or something.
BRocknRolla
(03-20-2017, 06:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Broken Hope

Sounds like a really dumb debate that has no place here.

To the OP, I'm very curious about this game. Really want to see more.
pirateluigi
(03-20-2017, 06:03 PM)
I can't wait. This was the first Switch game I preordered (yes, before BotW)
heckmanimation
(03-20-2017, 06:05 PM)
hmmm spring man and ribbon girl. original.

feels weird without any bg music or many sfx

the VO /announcer jsut comes across as weird with no tunes.

still looks fun though - really excited to see the depth in the gameplay
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(03-20-2017, 06:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Peltz

What's the button layout right now?

good point, we dont know so those may be default controls lol
Qasiel
(03-20-2017, 06:09 PM)
I enjoyed playing ARMS much more than I thought at one of the Switch events and ever since I've been recommending it to my friends who have (or are waiting to) jumped on board with Switch. It's still looking good.
faridmon
(03-20-2017, 06:10 PM)
Looks good.

Might buy it, if there is no other games in the horizon.

As far as I knoow, the closest ''big'' game is Puyo Puyo Tetris and thats in 28th of April.
psyfi
(03-20-2017, 06:10 PM)
Yeah, I wouldn't count on a May release. Or not an early May release, at least. I think late May or June is a safe bet.
dragonflys545
(03-20-2017, 06:11 PM)
I'm really looking forward to this. When they first show it I thought it look lame as hell. Now I just wanna play it!
I hope it does delay... Wii U delays for first party games left a bitter taste in my mouth...
digitalrelic
(03-20-2017, 06:11 PM)
Graphics look great as well. Show's the Switch's capabilities if a game is built from the ground up for it.
JCX
(03-20-2017, 06:21 PM)

Originally Posted by wild wild rice

I want to use motion controls because they look fun. But if one method has an advantage over another, I'll hope for separate lobbies or something.

I believe the team said motion controls lend themselves to higher level play vs buttons. Doubt they'll have separate lobbies since Splatoon didn't.
Soul of the Beast
Banned
(03-20-2017, 06:22 PM)
Lovely character design.
This looks like a lot of fun, is it motion control only? Can I play this with a pro controller?
Last edited by Soul of the Beast; 03-20-2017 at 06:24 PM.
TheDinoman
(03-20-2017, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Soul of the Beast

This looks like a lot of fun, is it motion control only? Can I play this with a pro controller?

There will be traditional control options, yes.
Primethius
(03-20-2017, 06:23 PM)
This game looks so damn good.
Soul of the Beast
Banned
(03-20-2017, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by TheDinoman

There will be traditional control options, yes.

Oh man, this is great news. I'm excited!
LordKano
Banned
(03-20-2017, 07:09 PM)
I played it with motion controls a few weeks ago and wasn't impressed. It is too sensible for my own satisfaction. I'd like to try it with buttons controls.
Askherserenity
(03-20-2017, 07:22 PM)
Really excited for Arms but I hope Nintendo markets it to hell like they did with Splatoon. I feel like fighting game would need it more.
playingwithfire
(03-20-2017, 07:27 PM)

Originally Posted by heckmanimation

hmmm spring man and ribbon girl. original.

feels weird without any bg music or many sfx

the VO /announcer jsut comes across as weird with no tunes.

still looks fun though - really excited to see the depth in the gameplay

The voice acting also seems a bit sparse so far.

Spring Man: "Spring man!"
Ribbon Girl: "Ribbon!"
Master Mummy: "Blarghu!"
Mechanica: "Gay!"

I like the character designs, but hopefully they'll actually have some proper dialogue in the game, some personality.
arimanius
(03-20-2017, 07:36 PM)
Man this is looking good. Can't wait for this to come out.
psyfi
(03-20-2017, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by playingwithfire

The voice acting also seems a bit sparse so far.

Spring Man: "Spring man!"
Ribbon Girl: "Ribbon!"
Master Mummy: "Blarghu!"
Mechanica: "Gay!"

I like the character designs, but hopefully they'll actually have some proper dialogue in the game, some personality.

I actually like the minimal voice bites. I'm sure there'll be more, but I hope it stays low key.
ngower
(03-20-2017, 07:44 PM)
Still not enough to sell me on the game, though I was pretty skeptical of Splatoon until I got my hands on it. I suspect they'll have some more in-depth coverage at E3, which will likely be the final move that does or does not sway me. It still feels a little..sparse.
Tabasco
(03-20-2017, 07:47 PM)
Add in a few more characters and a solid story/campaign mode and I'm sold.

Game looks great and should be fun with friends and online.
psyfi
(03-20-2017, 08:26 PM)

Originally Posted by ngower

Still not enough to sell me on the game, though I was pretty skeptical of Splatoon until I got my hands on it. I suspect they'll have some more in-depth coverage at E3, which will likely be the final move that does or does not sway me. It still feels a little..sparse.

A pre-launch free play weekend would do wonders for this game, I think. I think a lot of people will need to play the game to understand it.
Totakeke
(03-20-2017, 08:30 PM)

Originally Posted by psyfi

A pre-launch free play weekend would do wonders for this game, I think. I think a lot of people will need to play the game to understand it.

They definitely should do testfires so we can have everyone chiming in on how Ninjara is OP.

Love the english announcer, maybe they took all this time to find the right guy.
Roo
(03-20-2017, 09:05 PM)

Originally Posted by [email protected]

Can't wait to hear NEW new info about the game.

I hope this comes out in early May instead of mid-late May :)

I was thinking late May/early June
For some reason they haven't promoted this game that much. Wonder if they'll give it the same treatmeat as the first Splatoon as their next brand new big IP

Originally Posted by mStudios

Spring Man or Ribbon Girl for smash?

Ideally, it'd be both.
Ribbon Girl could serve as a Spring Man clone. The core moveset would be pretty much the same between both except for a few changes here and there like RG's extra jump, floatiness, speed etc.
Last edited by Roo; 03-20-2017 at 09:12 PM.
BorkBork
The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
(03-20-2017, 09:09 PM)
Game looks fun and deep.
Busaiku
(03-20-2017, 09:11 PM)
Spring Man and Ribbon Girl look like the same age, why is one man and the other girl.
Zemm
(03-20-2017, 09:16 PM)

Originally Posted by GwyndolinCinder

Looks like it could be good, but also looks like it could have 5 characters at launch.

It could be Splatoon all over again where they trickle new characters out (instead of maps). That wouldn't surprise me.

I can't remember what stream I watched but watching someone explain all the strategic moves during a match really got me on board.
Last edited by Zemm; 03-20-2017 at 09:19 PM.
pringles
(03-20-2017, 09:20 PM)
This looks more fun the more I see it. Just like Splatoon where my first impression was "well, looks kinda fun" and then you start seeing the depth and the different possibilities.

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

I can already tell Master Mummy will need a nerf.

Edit: And Mechinica might need a nerf. These characters have way too many defensive options.

For every character they showed I thought "that look OP". So probably the balance will be pretty good. Another thing that reminds me of Splatoon; tons of things that initially feel overpowered so it turns out nothing is.
Unicorn
(03-20-2017, 09:22 PM)
Man, this, Splatoon, and Zelda are looking to make this first year for Switch amazing!
psyfi
(03-20-2017, 09:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Unicorn

Man, this, Splatoon, and Zelda are looking to make this first year for Switch amazing!

And Mario! I seriously don't get how anyone can say the Switch doesn't have an amazing first year.
ZombiePlatypus
(03-20-2017, 09:32 PM)
You guys think the final game will have more characters? Without DLC? The roster seems pretty small.

Otherwise it's looking great.

Originally Posted by psyfi

And Mario! I seriously don't get how anyone can say the Switch doesn't have an amazing first year.

Yeah. It's crazy. Next month we're getting Mario Kart! And apparently Xeno2 is also happening this year? (I still don't believe it.) I'm just prepping for Disgsaea 5

Unless someone was expecting a new megaton game released every 2 weeks, the release schedule is for the year is damn solid imo.
Last edited by ZombiePlatypus; 03-20-2017 at 09:37 PM.
stilgar
(03-20-2017, 09:34 PM)
I've said it a thousand times : THE revelation if the Switch launch window for me. So precise,so satisfying,so fun.
psyfi
(03-20-2017, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus

You guys think the final game will have more characters? Without DLC? The roster seems pretty small.

Otherwise it's looking great.

It will. Nintendo has said so.