Tom Servo!
Crooooow!

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
And other science facts (la la la),
Then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show
I should really just relax"
For Mystery Science Theater 3000!

The Cast

Baron Vaughn as Tom Servo (left), Jonah Ray as Jonah Heston (middle), Hampton Yount as Crow T. Robot (right)

Felicia Day as Kinga Forester, Patton Oswalt as TV's Son of TV's Frank (aka Max)

Where to Watch - Click the Animated GIF Below!!!

All FOURTEEN new episodes are available to stream on Netflix, beginning April 14 at 12:00 AM Pacific Time

Episode List - Click Picture for IMDB Page

***THREAD RULES***
  • No Unmarked Spoilers Until April 28
  • All Spoilers Must Note Which Episode is Being Spoiled
  • No Episode Titles Until April 14
  • It is just a show, you should really just relax

Links
MST3K Official Website
MST3K Season 11 Wikipedia Entry
Q&A with the New Crow and Servo
Season 11 Trailer - YouTube

Prior NeoGAF MST3K Threads
Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign
Mystery Science Theater 3000 |OT|: We Put Our Faith in Blast Hardcheese
Mystery Science Theater 3000's new season finally has a trailer!

(insert riff here)
Last edited by Skiptastic; 04-14-2017 at 03:02 PM.
obin_gam
(04-13-2017, 07:00 PM)
Any information about international dates of airtime?
wesleyshark
(04-13-2017, 07:00 PM)
And we've got movie sign!
BrokenFiction
(04-13-2017, 07:02 PM)
In the not too distant future...
kulapik
(04-13-2017, 07:04 PM)

Originally Posted by obin_gam

Any information about international dates of airtime?

It's releasing in all English speaking Netflix countries (Canada, UK, AUNZ). Nothing for the rest, which I can understand, since some of the jokes are very hard to adapt. (Plus, rights)
Skiptastic
(04-13-2017, 07:04 PM)

Originally Posted by wesleyshark

And we've got movie sign!

Originally Posted by BrokenFiction

In the not too distant future...

Man, both of these would have been better subtitles, I suck at this...

Thanks, kulapik!
Last edited by Skiptastic; 04-13-2017 at 07:10 PM.
daveo42
(04-13-2017, 07:05 PM)
Haven't watched anything past 1101 (which was good) but I'm looking forward to slowly watching the rest of the season.
wesleyshark
(04-13-2017, 07:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Skiptastic

obin_gam, I don't have any insight into international airtimes, but I would check Netflix when your local time equals midnight Pacific Time in the US (three hours behind US Eastern Time).

I like It Stinks! though. :)
SeanC
(04-13-2017, 07:07 PM)
Proud backer, have been enjoying the four episodes I've seen thus far and I can't wait to get to one in particular because, honestly, it's a guilty pleasure movie for me in the first place.

MST3k pretty much helped me find my own taste for comedy - I love being irreverent and riff on stuff with snarky assertions all the time - I'll also randomly break into songs though I lack the lovely voice of Kevin Murphy.
Ferrio
real-time lotion physics
(04-13-2017, 07:07 PM)

👌
obin_gam
(04-13-2017, 07:10 PM)

Originally Posted by kulapik

It's releasing in all English speaking Netflix countries (Canada, UK, AUNZ). Nothing for the rest, which I can understand, since some of the jokes are very hard to adapt. (Plus, rights)

obin_gam, I don't have any insight into international airtimes, but I would check Netflix when your local time equals midnight Pacific Time in the US (three hours behind US Eastern Time).

Meh. Netflix needs to act more confident in their international sector. Sweden likes MST3K too!
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(04-13-2017, 07:10 PM)
Can confirm that they still dont explain how he eats and breaths.

It's 2017 for good was sake!
Krakn3Dfx
(04-13-2017, 07:11 PM)
MST3K hype!
Rockandrollclown
lookwhatyou'vedone
(04-13-2017, 07:13 PM)
Its very exciting that there's all new MST3K to watch. I'm sure I can get used to a new Crow voice, but Servo is gonna be rough.
Anoregon
(04-13-2017, 07:15 PM)
MST3K is the kind of thing that I've always assumed I will like but never really got around to watching, beyond scattered memories of catching it on Scifi as a kid. Definitely planning to check this out.
firebricks3
(04-13-2017, 07:15 PM)
There are times when this crow sounds alot like Trace and it messes with my brain.
DJMicLuv
The beavers have won.
America has fallen.
(04-13-2017, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by DrForester

Can confirm that they still dont explain how he eats and breaths.

You should really just relax.
xxracerxx
(04-13-2017, 07:18 PM)
Bring it on!
Skiptastic
(04-13-2017, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by firebricks3

There are times when this crow sounds alot like Trace and it messes with my brain.

Without getting into specifics, there are a LOT of times when Hampton does impersonations and it reminds me so much of Trace, too. It's great.
SeanC
(04-13-2017, 07:20 PM)
The Jackdog
(04-13-2017, 07:20 PM)
Any impressions from backers or early reviews?
BrokenFiction
(04-13-2017, 07:22 PM)

Originally Posted by The Jackdog

I've heard universal praise.
Skiptastic

I'm through the first ten episodes and working on the eleventh.

I could not have imagined it would be as good as it is. It is a perfect successor to the prior seasons. Films are just right for riffing, the riffing is excellent, and everyone is at the top of their game.
Ponn
Ok, its time to get my 1 month sub and binge a bunch of stuff, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Stranger Things and now the new MST3K.
DeathoftheEndless
(04-13-2017, 07:23 PM)
I'm skeptical of the new guys, but I'll give them a shot. I'm really excited for a certain Corman film they did.
firebricks3
(04-13-2017, 07:23 PM)

It's good but there's a lot of cases where a single riff goes on for too long.
SuperPac
(04-13-2017, 07:24 PM)

I have watched one and a half episodes so far (waiting until they're actually up on Netflix to watch them all). It feels like an evolution of the Joel era episodes, with extremely strong writing and an actual budget backing it up. There have been some complaints and the speed the riffs come at you but I have completely loved it.
SeanC
(04-13-2017, 07:25 PM)

Joel and Co asked to not give a lot of details before the official release, but I can at least share that I like it and everything feels nicely polished (despite it kind of bumpy in the pilot episode, like they're rushing through the riffs, but I expected that). It really does feel like this is the natural continuation of the original series .
wesleyshark
(04-13-2017, 07:26 PM)

Originally Posted by SeanC

My favorite by far. If any of these new episodes are even half as hilarious as that one, we'll be in good shape.
Last edited by wesleyshark; 04-13-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Words. Derp.
Complistic
(04-13-2017, 07:27 PM)

Its completely lived up to my high expectations. New voices take the most getting used to, but the bots have always had changing voices.
SeanC
(04-13-2017, 07:28 PM)

Originally Posted by wesleyshark

My favorite by far. If any of these new episodes are as hilarious as that one, we'll be in good shape.

I would say there's a spiritual successor this season, TBH. Though it also shares similarities to Boggy Creek 2 The Legend Continues if you liked that Mike episode also.
wesleyshark
(04-13-2017, 07:28 PM)

I would say there's a spiritual successor this season, TBH.

Omg
Sesha
(04-13-2017, 07:29 PM)
Nice OT. Is the title a The Critic or a Dinner With The Family reference?

Edit: I guess The Critic. Dinner With The Family was "This stinks" now I've given it a second thought.
DeathoftheEndless
(04-13-2017, 07:30 PM)

I would say there's a spiritual successor this season, TBH. Though it also shares similarities to Boggy Creek 2 The Legend Continues if you liked that Mike episode also.

So the hero is a big hairy slob? lol
Ferrio
real-time lotion physics
(04-13-2017, 07:31 PM)
Are there shorts in this season? Some of my favorite classic moments were from the shorts. NO MORE SPRINGS
BlastProcessing
(04-13-2017, 07:31 PM)
The new series blew away my expectations. Halfway through the second episode I had completely adjusted to the new crew which is something I did not anticipate.

I'm going to be super curious how MST3K newcomers react to this, I really hope it catches on because it deserves to.
Skiptastic
(04-13-2017, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Sesha

Edit: I guess The Critic. Dinner With The Family was "This stinks" now I've given it a second thought.

Pod People reference.
tuffy

Originally Posted by Sesha

It's a Pod People reference, from way back in MST3k season 3.
SeanC

Originally Posted by DeathoftheEndless

So the hero is a big hairy slob? lol

There is a hairy guy, then a really hairy guy, but it's really the weird tone that reminds me of The Final Sacrifice. It's a great mix of movie styles, Joel (so far, haven't seen all of them) got some great variety and entertaining movies to riff.
boredJonathan
1. Halo Deuce
2. "Yo, we gon' FUCK"
3. ????
4. Profit
(04-13-2017, 07:38 PM)

I'd echo everyone else so far. It's excellent. Kind of shockingly so. Like, I expected to enjoy it - but more so just as another riffing project, or out of nostalgia - but I genuinely think it's living up to the series history.

I've only watched the first 3 episodes (silly life getting in the way of binge watching). The first episode is the roughest, but still very enjoyable. I think this 'roughness' is mostly because it's our first exposure to the newish look, and the new voices, and crew and so on. Part of it is structural as well - feels weirdly rushed and a little disjointed. Not bad by any means, but it was about what I was expecting going into the show.

Episode 2 and 3 though? Holy cow - really nailed it. 2 was much better than 1, and 3 is probably going to go down as a classic for me honestly. I was in *tears* at one point I was laughing so hard.

I really think people who dug the original series will equally dig this. And I hope it finds a new audience as well. It really deserves it.
Last edited by boredJonathan; 04-13-2017 at 07:52 PM.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(04-13-2017, 07:45 PM)
You know, the plot outline in the OP really should just be the lyrics of the theme song....
opoth
(04-13-2017, 07:45 PM)
First 3 episodes are all very good, the 2nd is my favorite so far but the 3rd is a very close second place. I'm going to try and spread this out over 3 or 4 weeks and ideally wait until the holidays to watch the Christmas episode but I don't know if I have the self control.
rootbeerafloat
(04-13-2017, 07:50 PM)
The day they announced a release date I decided to embark on a full rewatch to be ready for tomorrow. I've failed miserably as I just finished up The Creeping Terror moments ago. Gonna finish my marathon before I watch S11, but goddamn is it going to be hard not to peek ahead. I'm glad that most of the early feedback has been positive, can't wait.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(04-13-2017, 07:52 PM)
I have only seen Episode 1 so far, but really enjoyed it. My big worry was that I would miss many of the references to post-2000 pop culture, but so far their material has been absolutely dead-on. They clearly are not at all hesitant to continue dropping really oblique and old historical, cultural, and political callbacks.

(When they started singing the "I feel like Chicken Tonight" jingle, I truly knew I'd be comfortable..)

I have tomorrow off from work, so my game plan is to get home from work in an hour or two, nap, and awaken to binge the whole season. I've never binge-watched a new TV show before (I don't watch much new TV at all), but this is the one show that could get me to do it.
StopMakingSense
(04-13-2017, 07:54 PM)

Originally Posted by boredJonathan

I'd echo everyone else so far. It's excellent. Kind of shockingly so. Like, I expected to enjoy it - but more so just as another riffing project, or out of nostalgia - but I genuinely think it's living up to the series history.

When they announced Elliot Kalan as the head writer, any worries I had really vanished right then. He is literally the exact perfect comedy writer they could have possibly hired for the job. And from the start, I thought Jonah was a great choice for the new host.
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(04-13-2017, 07:56 PM)
I've watched six episodes. While I never thought possible, it's arguably a more consistent product than the original series so far.

Either way, I feel completely satisfied that I was able to contribute to this.
Skiptastic
(04-13-2017, 08:03 PM)

Originally Posted by DrForester

You know, the plot outline in the OP really should just be the lyrics of the theme song....

Done.
xsarien
daedsiluap
(04-13-2017, 08:06 PM)
How's the new Servo?

Kevin Murphy is such a damned high bar to clear. I'm nervous. :/
opoth
(04-13-2017, 08:08 PM)

Originally Posted by StopMakingSense

When they announced Elliot Kalan as the head writer, any worries I had really vanished right then. He is literally the exact perfect comedy writer they could have possibly hired for the job. And from the start, I thought Jonah was a great choice for the new host.

It's funny, and a good time to mention it, the choice of head writer probably combined with a younger cast really triggered certain segments of the fanbase early on, but even those guys seem to be coming around on it.

Everyones' safe spaces are still safe, this is the same mostly apolitical MST3K we've always known and loved.
StopMakingSense
(04-13-2017, 08:12 PM)

Originally Posted by opoth

the choice of head writer [...] really triggered certain segments of the fanbase early on,

Huh, why's that? Because of the Daily Show?

It's hilarious because Kalan's actual style of humor is basically apolitical, having listened to like 200 hours of him talking on The Flop House. Man is a trove of knowledge and has an uncanny ability to pull crazy references and comparisons out of thin air. He's a national treasure, IMO

Also he is the writer of the single greatest panel of comics in the past decade: