• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

(04-14-2017, 06:26 AM)
Elliot Kalan is the head writer!? Oooooooo
Agent_Carnage
(04-14-2017, 06:30 AM)
1 and 1/2 Hours to go...

Why do these things have to use Pacific time for releases...
Walker_Boh
(04-14-2017, 06:31 AM)

Originally Posted by RetroMG

Also worth mentioning that the live show was HILARIOUS. Worth picking up whenever it comes out. I don't think I've said, "What the hell?" So many times in a single movie since I saw The Room.

Agreed. Man, everything about Samurai Cop was poorly done.
Evenball
(04-14-2017, 06:37 AM)
They thankfully edited Samurai Cop down a bit even from the VOD version from last year. They cut out the frying pan torture scene (what is she making with all that oil anyways?). the uncut version of the film has a lot of sex, including a sex scene with Z'dar which no one wants to see.
RetroMG
(04-14-2017, 06:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Evenball

They thankfully edited Samurai Cop down a bit even from the VOD version from last year. They cut out the frying pan torture scene (what is she making with all that oil anyways?). the uncut version of the film has a lot of sex, including a sex scene with Z'dar which no one wants to see.

Okay, I was wondering. I haven't seen the VOD, but it just seemed weird that a movie as over the top as Samurai Cop didn't have more sex in it. Don't get me wrong, what WAS there was horrifying, (Joe's thong will give me nightmares) but I was honestly surprised that there wasn't more.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(04-14-2017, 06:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Agent_Carnage

1 and 1/2 Hours to go...

Why do these things have to use Pacific time for releases...

Netflix is probably located in Cali.
(04-14-2017, 06:55 AM)

Originally Posted by smokeymicpot

Netflix is probably located in Cali.

it is
xxracerxx
(04-14-2017, 06:56 AM)
Watching The Pumaman right now, still one of my favorites.
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(04-14-2017, 06:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Quote

it is

So there is the answer.
superdeluxe
(04-14-2017, 07:23 AM)
Oh shit it's 12 PST 3am EST? damn
xxracerxx
(04-14-2017, 07:28 AM)

Originally Posted by superdeluxe

Oh shit it's 12 PST 3am EST? damn

I mean, that is just 32 minutes away now.
Cheesemeister
(04-14-2017, 08:01 AM)
WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(04-14-2017, 08:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Cheesemeister

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!

So is it actually up, I can't find it on the Netflix.
Evenball
(04-14-2017, 08:04 AM)
I see they have it separated from the older episodes as MST3K the return.
rec0ded1

Originally Posted by Shard

Its under a new tile mst3k the return.

Holy shit its like my jr high highschool self has been summoned with this intro
carda114

Originally Posted by Shard

Search for it. There'll be a whole entry for it by itself, separate from classic episodes.
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
Yea, I found it now.
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(04-14-2017, 08:06 AM)
It is also really nice to see the return of the Gizmonic Institute.
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(04-14-2017, 08:11 AM)
Never watched any of these but the premise sounds fun. Netflix UK has season 1 of the old stuff from 1988, and now the new season.

Start with the new season or should I watch any of the old stuff?
Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(04-14-2017, 08:16 AM)

Originally Posted by mrklaw

Never watched any of these but the premise sounds fun. Netflix UK has season 1 of the old stuff from 1988, and now the new season.

Pretty sure the old stuff isn't a season, but a "collection". Bunch of episodes from throughout the series' 10-year original run, if it's the same thing we have on US Netflix. There's some pretty good stuff in there, I'd definitely recommend checking it out so you can get a feel for what the show is. Though whether to watch the old stuff first or the new, I can't really say.
StopMakingSense
(04-14-2017, 08:17 AM)

It's not season 1, its 20 episodes, a selection of episodes from the whole series.
Sliver
(04-14-2017, 08:23 AM)

Hard to say really. Check out Puma Man or Timechasers from the old series, you'll know if it's for you or not,
border
wears the band's shirts to the band's concerts
can't comprehend the origin of terms
(04-14-2017, 08:25 AM)
3:30 AM here. I wish I had the time to watch the first new episode of MST3K in like 15 years.
reelbigtink
(04-14-2017, 08:42 AM)
Saw the pilot a few days ago via Kickstarter and wasn't awfully impressed. I'm still not sold on Baron as Servo and the Mads just aren't doing it for me (and I normally love everything Patton does).

But episode 2 is such an improvement over the "pilot" that I'm hopeful things will continually improve all-around.
Sliver
(04-14-2017, 08:52 AM)

Originally Posted by reelbigtink

Saw the pilot a few days ago via Kickstarter and wasn't awfully impressed. I'm still not sold on Baron as Servo and the Mads just aren't doing it for me (and I normally love everything Patton does).

But episode 2 is such an improvement over the "pilot" that I'm hopeful things will continually improve all-around.

Really dislike this certain way he delivers jokes. Says it really fast and mumbly, and emphasizes the last word. Its not constant, but enough to annoy me.
Raxus
(04-14-2017, 09:16 AM)
Cry Wilderness is pretty darn good so far.

I always love when they do family friendly schlockfests.
Krowley
(04-14-2017, 09:18 AM)
I'm watching episode 1 right now...

So far it's hit and miss but I'm becoming optimistic. There are moments where they capture the right vibe and it settles into something resembling the awesomeness of the original show.

I think this first movie was kind of a lackluster choice. It has its moments but it doesn't give them a huge amount to work with.

Getting used to the new robot voices has probably been the biggest hurdle for me. Particularly Servo. There's nothing actually wrong with the voices. They just sound different and I've had to re-calibrate for it.
Last edited by Krowley; 04-14-2017 at 09:22 AM.
rec0ded1
(04-14-2017, 09:40 AM)
Finished up episode 1. Could be that I'm older but jokes felt more rapid fire. Only one robot's voice threw me off a bit gypsy. Looking forward to watching the rest.
Popcicle
Hot Texas Chili
(04-14-2017, 09:46 AM)
Just finished the first pilot and didn't really enjoy it much but all of you kept praising episodes 2 and beyond I don't mind giving these more chances.

There were a handful of good jokes but yeah deliveries and some of the references feel forced and not well linked with the scenes.

The different voices don't really bother me, got used to that quick I just want great jokes and reasons to laugh out loud.

Rifftrax still feels like the true evolution to mst3k but no harm in having this around too, more the merrier.
clarknova156
(04-14-2017, 09:57 AM)
First episode is rough. Really rough. I hoping it's going to get better but a lot of lines feel really basic. The robots don't bug me that much but I'm still kinda eh , hopefully they grow on me.

Still 13 episodes to go.
JSoup
(04-14-2017, 10:14 AM)
3 episodes in. So far, it's a slightly pale imitation, but it's not bad.
forgeforsaken
(04-14-2017, 11:56 AM)
Some of the complaints sound exactly the same as when Mike took over or when Trace left.
Skiptastic
(04-14-2017, 12:35 PM)
Added the episode list to the OP.
wesleyshark
(04-14-2017, 12:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Skiptastic

Added the episode list to the OP.

That episode list is making me grin like an idiot. I can't wait to watch these.
kulapik
(04-14-2017, 12:40 PM)
So (Starcrash possible spoiler) does Mark Hamill appear in that episode?
zigg
(04-14-2017, 12:43 PM)
Anyone else notice you can't download this one to your device for offline viewing with the Netflix app?

Wonder why. It can't be for view counts—you can't actually watch files outside the app, so there's nothing stopping Netflix from getting their analytics.
opoth
(04-14-2017, 12:49 PM)

Originally Posted by zigg

Anyone else notice you can't download this one to your device for offline viewing with the Netflix app?

Wonder why. It can't be for view counts—you can't actually watch files outside the app, so there's nothing stopping Netflix from getting their analytics.

Probably to add perceived value to Kickstarter contributors.

There may have also been rights complications based on the movies (downloading vs streaming) that they didn't feel like negotiating, but I mostly lean toward it being something to keep it a feature reserved for those who contributed. (we received digital copies of each episode)
Last edited by opoth; 04-14-2017 at 12:54 PM.
LeadProtagonist
(04-14-2017, 12:50 PM)
Time to watch them all on Netflix to hopefully get another season.
Skiptastic
(04-14-2017, 01:36 PM)

Originally Posted by kulapik

So (Starcrash possible spoiler) does Mark Hamill appear in that episode?

No, he comes much later.
The Jackdog
(04-14-2017, 01:46 PM)
I wasn't really all that excited after the impressions of episode one here so I just skipped it and went to 2

Loving it so far
Mathieran
(04-14-2017, 01:47 PM)
Watched the first episode and it was funny. The new cast is gonna take some getting used to though. I miss the original Tom Servo, he had a great voice.

I enjoyed the kaiju rap though.
Aarglefarg
(04-14-2017, 01:49 PM)

Originally Posted by The Jackdog

I wasn't really all that excited after the impressions of episode one here so I just skipped it and went to 2

Loving it so far

I'm enjoying episode 1.
mclem
(04-14-2017, 01:55 PM)

Originally Posted by The Jackdog

Loving it so far

Don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the first epsiode, except perhaps the cast still needing to find their rhythm
opoth
(04-14-2017, 01:57 PM)

Originally Posted by LeadProtagonist

Time to watch them all on Netflix to hopefully get another season.

Having watched the first 4 episodes already through the backer portal, leaving Netflix autoplaying today while I'm at work to hopefully knock out 3 of them.
GARlockSpiral
(04-14-2017, 01:58 PM)
So far, so good. On episode 3, and it's classic MST3k with...modernization. Which is weird but still good to see.

All that's lacking is Jonah's Space Mutiny or Manos.

Also, it is just me or are the robots/Jonah a lot more active in the theater in this rendition?
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(04-14-2017, 01:59 PM)
There is nothing wrong with the first episode. It just suffers from what internet folk hate the most. Change.

Also, Joel > Mike.

Also, I HATE TOM SERVO'S NEW VOICE.
firebricks3
(04-14-2017, 02:03 PM)
After watching them all, I'm still shocked how perfect crow is and how bad servo is.
kulapik
(04-14-2017, 02:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Skiptastic

No, he comes much later.

dang, it would have been the perfect episode, being a star wars ripofg
plop
(04-14-2017, 02:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Sanjuro

Also, Joel > Mike.

Ew.
wesleyshark
(04-14-2017, 02:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Sanjuro

There is nothing wrong with the first episode. It just suffers from what internet folk hate the most. Change.

Also, Joel > Mike.

I them both, but I definitely enjoy Mike's episodes the most.