Undead Fantasy
(04-16-2017, 01:28 AM)
The fight was bullshit.
Kelsdesu
(04-16-2017, 01:29 AM)
Blue get nerfed?
Slaythe
Well this episode was everything I dreamed it would be.

17 blue tier confirmed.
Massicot
17 doesn't give a shit about your kamehameha
caliph95
(04-16-2017, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

The fight was bullshit.

Slaythe is probably happy as hell though
Slaythe
Now to wait for HD version to get 150 screenshots and gifs.
Zero-ELEC
Okay episode.
Tamanon
Professional Bastard
Good episode. I liked how they actually recognized some stuff from the past.

Also, 17 was hype. Some of those moves were great.
Hydrus
(04-16-2017, 01:31 AM)
17 is cool, and why do they keep drawing Beerus like a dog?
Undead Fantasy
(04-16-2017, 01:32 AM)

Originally Posted by caliph95

Slaythe is probably happy as hell though

How the fuck is 17 stronger than SUPER SAIYAN GOD?
RareFantasy64
(04-16-2017, 01:32 AM)

Originally Posted by foxuzamaki

my favorite shonen trope is the old man actually being a real badass, always satisfying and dragin ball was the first shonen i saw do it

Not to go off-topic, but if you like that one, check out Hunter X Hunter if you haven't already
Slaythe
(04-16-2017, 01:33 AM)

Because he is the perfect being.

How was Frieza stronger than a Saiyan God ? The reasoning behind Frieza is the same for 17 except 17 started off far stronger and had 10 years instead of 4 months.

Originally Posted by caliph95

He trained for four months obviously, seriously power levels are bullshit and all but that is huge jump in power

No, he trained for 10 years. And he was stronger than Frieza when he started. Checks out.
caliph95
(04-16-2017, 01:34 AM)

How the fuck is 17 over 50 times stronger than Super Saiyan God?

He trained for four months obviously, seriously power levels are bullshit and all but that is huge jump in power
Kysen
(04-16-2017, 01:35 AM)
17 doesn't give a fuck and because of that we get filler bs. Stupid animals.
Slaythe
(04-16-2017, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Kagari

He does say Goku was holding back, and that Goku would have won (I think? Will have to rewatch.)

No Goku said 17 was holding back too for the sake of not hurting the island. Something like that.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-16-2017, 01:36 AM)

He does say Goku was holding back, and that Goku would have won (I think? Will have to rewatch.)
J4g3r
(04-16-2017, 01:37 AM)

Goku seemed to think 17 wasn't going all out either.
Undead Fantasy
(04-16-2017, 01:38 AM)

Goku said that 17 was also holding back..

It's bullshit.

The arc is ruined for me.
NeonZ

17 says that Goku wasn't going all out, but Goku says that 17 wasn't either.
Slaythe

Or maybe you're right apparently :O Oh well, let's wait for the dialogues to be out !

Goku said that 17 was also holding back..

It's bullshit.

The arc is ruined for me.

You'll be fine, as soon as we hit episode 88 ;) .
Moaradin
People putting so much stock in power levels are and will forever be silly.
caliph95
(04-16-2017, 01:39 AM)
Whis is a con artist
Icyflamez96
(04-16-2017, 01:39 AM)
Haven't watched yet. How long has 17 been training? I at least halfway normalized Frieza's jump by now so it's not super crazy if I compare it to that.
Last edited by Icyflamez96; 04-16-2017 at 01:42 AM.
Hellwarden
(04-16-2017, 01:43 AM)
That was a really good looking episode of Super.

And some people in this thread doubt Tate!

THE ONE AND ONLY!
Ashodin
(04-16-2017, 01:47 AM)
fuck next week

give me the week after

Kagari you know what I be puttin' down
Undead Fantasy
(04-16-2017, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Slaythe

You'll be fine, as soon as we hit episode 88 ;) .

I don't longer care about it. This retarded episode ruined the arc for me and possibility the show as well.

It breaks every single arc after the Cell one. I don't know what the fuck were they thinking.
Aaronrules380
(04-16-2017, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Moaradin

People putting so much stock in power levels are and will forever be silly.

seriously.
Icyflamez96
(04-16-2017, 01:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Hellwarden

That was a really good looking episode of Super.

And some people in this thread doubt Tate!

THE ONE AND ONLY!

Arched > Tate
Slaythe
(04-16-2017, 01:50 AM)

I don't longer care about it. This retarded episode ruined the arc for me and possibility the show as well.

It breaks every single arc after the Cell one. I don't know what the fuck were they thinking.

You're looking at this the wrong way.

Back in Dragon Ball, even Piccolo Daimao was the ultimate threat, in the saiyan saga, YAMCHA could have one shot him.

They always trivialized old threats, except after/during Cell saga, it was only about saiyans.

Now it's about everybody again.

And that includes your favorite character, so be happy instead of being sore like this.
Icyflamez96
(04-16-2017, 01:51 AM)

Can you elaborate? If it's just a huge power jump that's the issue then I don't see how it's different or worse than Frieza, and wouldn't be a BS as the Trunks shenanigans in the Black arc.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-16-2017, 01:52 AM)

What if Piccolo gets something out of episode 88?
Ashodin
(04-16-2017, 01:54 AM)
I mean Piccolo likely going to get something because it looks like both Gohan and Piccolo break on through to the other side
Undead Fantasy
(04-16-2017, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Icyflamez96

Can you elaborate? If it's just a huge power jump that's the issue then I don't see how it's different from Frieza, and wouldn't be a BS as the Trunks shenanigans in the Black arc.

If 17 can get this powerful with mountain training then why didn't Goku and the rest did?

Why didn't Bulma made the humans into cyborgs? She can do it. Buu wouldn't have been a problem.

Why didn't Beerus dream about 17? He's more powerful that Super Saiyan God Goku. Makes the whole arc stupid.

Freeza had valid reasons to get that strong. 17 doesn't. He's just a regular human without any real experience in martial arts doing mountain training on his own.
Aaronrules380
(04-16-2017, 01:59 AM)

If 17 can get this powerful with mountain training then why didn't Goku and the rest did?

Why didn't Bulma made the humans into cyborgs? She can do it. Buu wouldn't have been a problem.

Why didn't Beerus dream about 17? He's more powerful that Super Saiyan God Goku. Makes the whole arc stupid.

Freeza had valid reasons to get that strong. 17 doesn't. He's just a regular human without any real experience in martial arts doing mountain training on his own.

I mean Bulma doesn't turn humans into cyborgs because while she's probably capable of learning the method, it probably requires a high degree of human experimentation that will likely result in a lot of failures (read: innocents dying) before it has anything even resembling success
Undead Fantasy
(04-16-2017, 02:03 AM)

What if Piccolo gets something out of episode 88?

It would depend on how they get it but I think I don't care anymore. The series has officially jumped the shark to me.
Ashodin
(04-16-2017, 02:04 AM)

This one is a little bit silly. How do you know what strength 17 is at, at what time?
Slaythe
(04-16-2017, 02:05 AM)

17 was a lot stronger than the ruler of the universe, he's not a nobody. And that was without any training.

She can't, she stated she doesn't understand the technology Gero used. Also, Vegeta and Goku had far surpassed their levels and they didn't know what kind of height the androids could reach.

Goku's super saiyan god was deemed extremely disappointing by Beerus. Don't pretend like you don't remember that.

Goku was meant to surpass SSG and become a worthy opponent, which he is now doing.

Lmfao. Now here you're just talking shit. Frieza didn't get any more reason to get stronger than 17. 17 was proud of his power and got completely humiliated, that's enough reason. On top of that, he started off far stronger than the regular super saiyans and Frieza, and had 10 years to train and get stronger, Frieza had FOUR MONTHS.
Aaronrules380
(04-16-2017, 02:09 AM)
Honestly, if retconning power level bullshit is what's necessary to get side characters back to playing prominent roles, I'll gladly take that option. Power levels were always dumb anyways
Moaradin

These complaints seem odd when this is DRAGON BALL we're talking about here. Did the part where Trunks randomly shows up and one shots Frieza and his even stronger dad ruin the show for you?
Vice

Part of enjoying Dragon Ball is accepting the nonsense. In Dragon Ball you have characters making huge leaps with powerups and a few months of training, or less. Like Goku going from Saiyan saga power levels to the second strongest guy in the universe over the course of six days. Vegeta going from Zarbon level to matching Frieza's early forms after a couple zenkais. All the instant powerups from people like Guru and Elder Kai. Dr. Gero making beings capable of being stronger than super saiyans in an underground lab on Earth. Trunks getting all those huge boosts in the Zamasu arc.It's part of the series. Has been since Dragon Ball where everyone would show up at a tournament and be immensely stronger than before and just mention one or two lines about training.
Last edited by Vice; 04-16-2017 at 02:13 AM.
Sagroth
(04-16-2017, 02:10 AM)

On that last point:

I'd argue that 17 has more of an argument to get stronger than Freeza does, actually. For one thing, Freeza admits to having not trained a day in his life before the 4 months. He was just born with an immensely high power level and transformations in addition to being a prodigy. 17 came out of the oven stronger, with the potential to improve, and has unlimited energy whereas Freeza's maximum power transformations drain him.

tl;dr: 17 started from a higher level than Freeza, has unlimited stamina, and much longer to train. Him being at Blue level i'd say makes more sense than Freeza, not less.
Undead Fantasy
(04-16-2017, 02:11 AM)

These complaints seem odd when this is DRAGON BALL we're talking about here. Did the part where Trunks randomly shows up and one shots Frieza and his even stronger dad ruin the show for you?

No. It had a valid explanation.

This fuckery doesn't.
Aaronrules380
(04-16-2017, 02:11 AM)
I mean there are far better shonen to follow if you want a consistent narrative and compelling stories and world building. For me abandoning the power level bullshit that was dragging the series down is a good thing. Doing so allows you to capitalize more on the actual strengths of the series
Moaradin
(04-16-2017, 02:13 AM)

No. It had a valid explanation.

This fuckery doesn't.

time travel is a valid explanation but training for 10 years isn't?
CherryWoodFuton
(04-16-2017, 02:14 AM)
Damn this episode got people salty af lol
Undead Fantasy

Alone and training in a place with no special conditions like King Ka's or the time chamber?

Yes.
Fj0823

LOL, true