I like this one

Bruh you got a fly on your nipple
zoukka
(04-18-2017, 12:22 PM)
Yeah logos are for tools.
biggersmaller
Sheep me up!

I buy whatever be on sale. This includes big ass polo logos.
Calm Killer
In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I didn't know this was a thing. What an odd thing to be worried about.
Beren the Empty-Handed
(04-18-2017, 12:23 PM)
I've always tried to avoid buying clothes with logos on them. Can't always do it, but at least it can happen most of the time.
Kazuhira
(04-18-2017, 12:23 PM)
If the logo is minimal is ok but yeah,this is a thing that has been bugging me for like 10 years so far.
Skyzard
(04-18-2017, 12:24 PM)

Originally Posted by aznpxdd

Reading this thread, I'm thinking most people on GAF dress like shit if they avoid most branded goods with logo.

Outside of the logo, branded clothes are more expensive for a reason also...

hirokazu
(04-18-2017, 12:25 PM)
I like this trend. While I wouldn't go to the extreme of removing branding, I prefer smaller, subtle branding and logos. Giant logos can be really tacky. You don't have to show off what brand you're wearing and how much you paid for it.
DocONally
(04-18-2017, 12:26 PM)
I actually actively avoid wearing clothing with logos, either real or fake logos. I guess I don't like being "branded".

One of the stupidest things I ever saw, was a teenage punk girl with an Adidas T-shirt with the little worded logo crossed out with permanent maker pen. I mean, I get the "message" but if you are so hardcore, then just wear unbranded clothes or logo-less brands.
entrydenied
(04-18-2017, 12:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Nerfgun

but this just isn't true. there are lots of high end brands that aren't blaring logos. and TONS of trash clothes with huge words and multiple logos.

Yes...I think when you see highend brands with logos, they're usually collections from the lower line. For people who can't afford but yet want to buy something expensive to showoff.
FUME5
(04-18-2017, 12:28 PM)
I get it.
ChubbyHuggs
(04-18-2017, 12:28 PM)
The only logo I openly wear is Adidas and I mainly just wear their shoes.
urfe
(04-18-2017, 12:30 PM)
I wear punk band t-shirts and dickies.

I'm sure it says a lot about me, that dickies label, but hey.

More power to the kids.
John Kowalski
#thor2thedarkworld
(04-18-2017, 12:37 PM)
This is proper punk
Nanashrew
(04-18-2017, 12:37 PM)

Originally Posted by urfe

I wear punk band t-shirts and dickies.

I'm sure it says a lot about me, that dickies label, but hey.

More power to the kids.

I buy video game shirts because I am a big dork. You can't beat me here!
Nielm
(04-18-2017, 12:39 PM)

I think I know what I'd rather wear.
Sparkedglory
I don't like logos that much either. Sometimes I'll wear one, but I usually prefer not to.
OldMan
Banned
farisr
(04-18-2017, 12:40 PM)
I've pretty much try to avoid branded things for all my life as much as I could (it is unavoidable sometimes though). I just don't like the look. For a few years in middle school and early high school, shoes were the exception to this rule/preferemce.
karmaforgotme
(04-18-2017, 12:42 PM)
I hate logos, especially big logos, that said it is complete bullshit if you believe that $5 shirt is the same quality as that $40 shirt. I just wait until that $40 shirt is 50% off.

To be clear in some cases it is (I've seen some shitty shirts at Pac-Sun that should of only been $5). That said most of the time you get what you pay for.
EloKa
(04-18-2017, 12:42 PM)
I don't try to remove any logos from my clothes but I prefer hidden or tiny brand logos.
Large Logos are still fine but only if I have a personal connection to that label (basically 0 of all those generic clothing brands) for example with Band Shirts.

People that buy their clothing mostly to show off some brands should keep the price tags on their clothings as well
Last edited by EloKa; 04-18-2017 at 12:46 PM.
broncobuster
(04-18-2017, 12:43 PM)
I cut the Members Only tag off my Members Only jackets.
vato_loco
I've been saying this for the longest time. I'd rather have a quality piece of clothing that says nothing than a regular piece of clothing with free advertising in it.

There's a brand here, Etiqueta Negra. Expensive as balls, but top quality and design, and not a single logo in sight. Love them.
Fbh
I'm really cheap when I buy clothes (except for shoes) so most of my stuff doesnt have logos anyway.
But yeah, I don't like them. Even when I buy more expensive brands I get stuff with small logos or none at all.
Bedlam
(04-18-2017, 12:44 PM)

Originally Posted by SomTervo

A SuperDry jacket was the perfectly priced product for me to deal with these grim and long Scottish winters, so I got one, and yes it's perfect and not too pricey.

But on the sleeve, like just at my right wrist, was a massive rubber rectangle with "SuperDry" written on it. It threw off the whole symmetry of the jacket, drew loads of attention, and looked generally tacky and shit, so I yanked it off. Never looked back.

Aside from that, no, never.

Somebody is paying for the shortfall in price. Probably a 5-10 year old in Bangladesh.

I was almost going to mention SuperDry in my previous post as an especially negative example.

Their clothes look ridiculous with the huge, cringy logos. Sometimes I walk by the local SuperDry store and spot a nice looking jacket or shirt but the logo immediately ruins it for me.
Last edited by Bedlam; 04-18-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Lurch666
(04-18-2017, 12:44 PM)
This is more my type of branded tee:

Air
(04-18-2017, 12:46 PM)
I don't wear branded clothes anymore. Why should I freely market someone else's stuff after paying for it?
Nanashrew
(04-18-2017, 12:47 PM)
Only logo I'd probably remove from an article of clothing is this LA Lakers hat I got from a thrift store cause I don't like the LA Lakers. But man, the hat is incredibly high quality.
karmaforgotme

Originally Posted by Lurch666

This is more my type of branded tee:

My biggest problem with rock shirts (especially metal ones) is a lot of the times they only come in heavy cotton and are not soft at all. Also after one wash they will shrink up length wise and the sleeves will look too long. That said I did find a retro King Diamond shirt that was super soft recently.
Novocaine
I veered away from wearing advertising on my chest a few years ago. I still have a few silly shirts that I rarely wear but all of my shirts are plain.
Mega
Banned
(04-18-2017, 12:48 PM)
I've been doing this for years (wearing clothes without obvious logos, not the removing part). In the days before ubiquitous online shopping I remember hunting in stores for a logoless baseball cap in a dark color. I'm glad for the shift away. Kids back in the day (90s, early 00s) were obsessed with shirts and pants with huge branding on it. There was basically no design to it. They were proudly walking advertisements in bland ill-fitting clothing.
Lurch666
(04-18-2017, 12:52 PM)

Originally Posted by karmaforgotme

My biggest problem with rock shirts (especially metal ones) is a lot of the times they only come in heavy cotton and are not soft at all. Also after one wash they will shrink up length wise and the sleeves will look too long. That said I did find a retro King Diamond shirt that was super soft recently.

Always take the sleeves of mine anyway.
I'm happy with cheap clothing since I never notice the quality.

Not a big clothing person as you can probably tell.Just jeans and a tee do me fine.
Nanashrew
(04-18-2017, 12:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Mega

I've been doing this for years (wearing clothes without obvious logos, not the removing part). In the days before ubiquitous online shopping I remember hunting in stores for a logoless baseball cap in a dark color. I'm glad for the shift away. Kids back in the day (90s, early 00s) were obsessed with shirts and pants with huge branding on it. There was basically no design to it. They were proudly walking advertisements in bland ill-fitting clothing.

There was a trend happening in the early 2000's though. The whole express yourself stuff and it brought high fashion to kids and expressing yourself through your clothing choices and being part of the in crowd. Kids these days are more fashionable than most adults let alone any past generation.
Bedlam
(04-18-2017, 12:55 PM)

Originally Posted by karmaforgotme

Yeah it's hard to find band/rock shirts that are cut well. Usually they are too big and the cut in general is shit with huge sleeves etc. Can't wear those sacks.

I do have some nice slim fit rock shirts though that I like. My current favorite is this one by German stoner rockband Kadavar (only "Berlin" is written below the face on my version of the shirt):

Combine that with a darker longsleeve shirt (rolled up sleeves of course) and you have a pretty good look. Received quite a couple of compliments when wearing it.
Last edited by Bedlam; 04-18-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Vollume
(04-18-2017, 01:05 PM)
How one would go about removing this logo?

Why would they ruin such a clean cut and with a nice color by stamping such an obnoxious logo on the back? The front with the orange letters is already bad enough.
sixteen-bit
punk rock af
Certinty
I can't stand logos if they aren't small. That's why I absolutely despise Hollister and Superdry stuff.
NEO0MJ
(04-18-2017, 01:09 PM)
That's strange though I don't mind it. Of course, people here still dig the logos. Wearing something from Gucci is a status symbol after all and you'd want to flaunt it.
RockTurtle
(04-18-2017, 01:09 PM)
i started to avoid big logo stuff because of the ralph lauren thing.

made me more conscious of it.
mightynine
(04-18-2017, 01:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Vollume

How one would go about removing this logo?

By removing it from your closet and buying another green shirt.
CarpeDeezNutz
(04-18-2017, 01:12 PM)
I remember a time when people would leave the tags on clothes.
Onemic
(04-18-2017, 01:16 PM)
I hate branded clothing tbh.
wetwired
(04-18-2017, 01:17 PM)
Do kids still leave stickers on baseball caps? that shit droves me up the wall, along with leaving the brim flat and not curving it.

In my day a nice curve to your Basketball team baseball cap was a sign of of how rad you were. Nowdays kids don't even know what's rad or hip, I can't dig to that jive you know m'man?
DrSlek
(04-18-2017, 01:17 PM)
Just buy clothes from Target or Rivers or something!
acohrs
(04-18-2017, 01:20 PM)
depends on item of clothing and why I'm buying it, don't care about logos on sportswear or casualwear but don't like logos on office stuff bar a tiny little logo on a polo shirt. Anything above that I don't like
TickleMeElbow
(04-18-2017, 01:20 PM)
I don't mind logos if they're small.

Like those little red tags on Levi's jackets/jeans.
EmmanuelMunoz
(04-18-2017, 01:21 PM)
This is why I like brands like Uniqlo.
EloKa
(04-18-2017, 01:27 PM)

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

Wearing something from Gucci is a status symbol after all and you'd want to flaunt it.

there are other brands with better quality that hide their logos. Even some skater or general sport brands cost more in average than the cheaper Gucci stuff. Buying blank "clothing brand" apparel with big logos is just stupid bragging / begging for attention
Angry Chair
(04-18-2017, 01:29 PM)
I only wore branded clothing when I was going through puberty because everyone else was wearing them. It was a good marketing strategy to peer pressure kids into buying your brand.
Xe4
(04-18-2017, 01:30 PM)

Originally Posted by aznpxdd

Reading this thread, I'm thinking most people on GAF dress like shit if they avoid most branded goods with logo.

Outside of the logo, branded clothes are more expensive for a reason also...

They're more expensive because they can charge you whatever they like. Because they have the advertisement money to tell you what and what is not cool.