• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Sony
Nintendo
(04-19-2017, 12:42 PM)
Sony's Avatar
I don't see what glabalists would gain from lying that the Earth is round instead of flat. Like, why would you lie about that. What's the conspiracy here?
iamverificationimage
Junior Member
(04-19-2017, 12:42 PM)
iamverificationimage's Avatar
When I first heard of Eddie Bravo he was talking about pizzagate, I assume he took too many knocks to the head with the whole MMA thing when goes goes on about these things.
m3k
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:43 PM)
i like rogan but im feel funny about interviewing crazy people
Snkfanatic
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:44 PM)
People believe this crap....in 2017. It's just so damn baffling
SlipperyFishes
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:44 PM)
SlipperyFishes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sony

I don't see what glabalists would gain from lying that the Earth is round instead of flat. Like, why would you lie about that. What's the conspiracy here?

Let's tell the truth. The Sun with its evil UV rays is really Satan's bumhole spewing firey doom every day. The Moon at night is the heavenly balm to smooth our souls.
Seductivpancakes
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:44 PM)
Seductivpancakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sony

I don't see what glabalists would gain from lying that the Earth is round instead of flat. Like, why would you lie about that. What's the conspiracy here?

Only the elite globalist are allowed on the other divine flat side of the world. Us peasants must stay on this side.
TunaMarshmallow
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:44 PM)
TunaMarshmallow's Avatar

Originally Posted by theWB27

Then i don't think you know what being reasonable means.

Yeah. Being a reasonable person is about being able to be convinced by authority figures when you're in their presence but otherwise believing YouTube hoax videos. Good call.

This video does say a lot about America, though perhaps not in the way the OP intended!
Chumley
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:46 PM)
Chumley's Avatar

Originally Posted by TunaMarshmallow

Yeah. Being a reasonable person is about being able to be convinced by authority figures when you're in their presence but otherwise believing YouTube hoax videos. Good call.

This video does say a lot about America, though perhaps not in the way the OP intended!

So what are you suggesting, that we shouldn't bother trying to change anyone's mind because they're so beneath us?
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(04-19-2017, 12:46 PM)
Kyzer's Avatar

Originally Posted by TesUsa

What makes you think he's an idiot? One thing I can say about Joe is he's willing to change his mind based on facts. He's a really open minded guy and he's very intelligent despite the "meathead" appearance he might give off due to his UFC involvement and karate background

Watch him and alex jones talk about pizzagate
ponpo
( ≖‿≖)
(04-19-2017, 12:50 PM)
ponpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napoleonthechimp

Yeah, they make fun of that stuff all the time. Which is the point of what they're saying.

Yeah even out of context just that phrase made me laugh.
Risible
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:51 PM)
Risible's Avatar
I have no desire to start reading web pages by these crazies. Can anyone tell me what their counter-argument is to "where is the edge of this flat Earth?". I'm genuinely curious.
chromatic9
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:51 PM)
chromatic9's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veelk


I cannot imagine even a flimsy but plausible reason for why they'd tell people the earth was flat. And this dude, when Joe Rogan tries to extract a reason from him, can't come up with anything either. "People are easier to control with spheres" lol what

I don't understand why people think global warming is fake either. That comic of "What if they're lying and we just make the world a better place for no reason?" comes to mind.

With flat earthers it will often come down to hiding God or creator. As soon as we're on a flat earth then we're in a reality obviously constructed by God or some other, thus we're no longer on a insignificant piece of rock of natural occurrence in the vastness of space with trillions of galaxies and hard to prove religious beliefs.
HStallion
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:52 PM)
HStallion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chumley

So what are you suggesting, that we shouldn't bother trying to change anyone's mind because they're so beneath us?

Why do WE need to change THEIR minds? Why is it our job to tell a crazy stupid belligerent asshole that he shouldn't be a crazy stupid belligerent asshole? What we should be doing is trying to undercut these people any time they want a platform for raving their BS to the dumb and gullible out there. Let me ask you this, when has Joe Rogan actually changed one of the crazy SOB's minds? Every time I watch a video of him with another one of these people be it Flat Earthers or Alt Righters or whoever; not a single one seems to have budged the slightest on the issues, if anything they're more charged up then ever and double and triple downed on their beliefs.

Edit: Not to call you out in particular but this is something I hear all the time and it gets incredibly frustrating to hear over and over again like its an actual viable solution.
Last edited by HStallion; 04-19-2017 at 12:55 PM.
theWB27
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:53 PM)
theWB27's Avatar

Originally Posted by TunaMarshmallow

Yeah. Being a reasonable person is about being able to be convinced by authority figures when you're in their presence but otherwise believing YouTube hoax videos. Good call.

This video does say a lot about America, though perhaps not in the way the OP intended!

What does it say about America? Tell it how you mean it.
'77 Shortbox
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:54 PM)
'77 Shortbox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hellraizer

You can't argue with flat earthers. Everything is fake, nothing is real. Reality is fake to them. These people are a lost cause and probably overdue for some seirous psychiatric treatment.

Even if you put them into orbit, they will probably say they were drugged/dreaming/have fake eyes put in their head.

They are right up there with moon landing fakers, 9/11 truthers, and hollow earth people. All the evidence in the world won't convince them that everything they believe has been debunked, debunked again, and then lit on fire while being launched into the sun as it's being debunked.
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(04-19-2017, 12:54 PM)
Always-honest's Avatar
Oh Wait, a Joe Rogan topic. Am i too late with saying something negative about him?
I barely listen to him but i think he's an idiot because he says crazy stuff (that i don't listen to).


Anyway, did Eddie Bravo fall on his head really hard?
Real Hero
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:55 PM)
Real Hero's Avatar
two idiots bang heads
capitalCORN
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Real Hero

two idiots bang heads

More like two rocks banging and not even a spark.
Chumley
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:57 PM)
Chumley's Avatar

Originally Posted by HStallion

Why do WE need to change THEIR minds? Why is it our job to tell a crazy stupid belligerent asshole that he shouldn't be a crazy stupid belligerent asshole? What we should be doing is trying to undercut these people any time they want a platform for raving their BS to the dumb and gullible out there. Let me ask you this, when has Joe Rogan actually changed one of the crazy SOB's minds? Every time I watch a video of him with another one of these people be it Flat Earthers or Alt Righters or whoever; not a single one seems to have budged the slightest on the issues, if anything they're more charged up then ever and double and triple downed on their beliefs.

Edit: Not to call you out in particular but this is something I hear all the time and it gets incredibly frustrating to hear over and over again like its an actual viable solution.

Some people aren't beyond saving. If no one tries to get them back on the right track, they'll never change.
Messofanego
Member
(04-19-2017, 12:59 PM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chumley

This kind of high horse shit serves no one but yourself.

As opposed to serving conspiracy theorists? Good luck in converting these kind of people.
Ros8105
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:00 PM)
Ros8105's Avatar

Originally Posted by m3k

i like rogan but im feel funny about interviewing crazy people

Joe Rogan interviewing crazy people is so entertaining though. The Alex Jones podcast was amazing.
Measley
Junior Member
(04-19-2017, 01:00 PM)
Measley's Avatar
As a Jiujitsu practitioner (and a former student of 10th Planet JJ) it sucks seeing Bravo believe in such stupid shit.
Dervius
Junior Member
(04-19-2017, 01:02 PM)
Dervius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Risible

I have no desire to start reading web pages by these crazies. Can anyone tell me what their counter-argument is to "where is the edge of this flat Earth?". I'm genuinely curious.

From what I've read in the past, the outer rim is what we perceive as the north and south pole, an icy ring surrounding everything. Nobody has ever been over the edge because "NASA / Government / Globalists are guarding it and noone is allowed there". Then they go on about how many times ships have been turned away or refused access to those areas.

Straight up, that was an answer.
chromatic9
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:05 PM)
chromatic9's Avatar

Originally Posted by Risible

I have no desire to start reading web pages by these crazies. Can anyone tell me what their counter-argument is to "where is the edge of this flat Earth?". I'm genuinely curious.

They will bring up the Antarctic treaty which was signed by all the countries. Conveniently it does actually prohibit anyone trying to explore the south pole so technically no-one has seen the edge. It's assumed we're surrounded by big layers of ice and that's the edge, some of them think it could be a divide to another series of habitable lands.
Hyun Sai
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:06 PM)
Hyun Sai's Avatar
If earth was round I would feel it on the floor.
truestatic
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:06 PM)
truestatic's Avatar
The earth is flat and infinitely recursive, like an infinite piece of graph paper, with the whole world in every cell. There's no edge, just an endless repetition. When you 'circumnavigate,' what you're actually doing is travelling over into the next cell of the world, and another version of you simultaneously travels into the cell you were just in. That's also why there's no such thing as an energy crisis, no end to oil, cuz the world is infinitely large so however much we consume, whatever portion is left is still infinite.
capitalCORN
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:07 PM)

Originally Posted by truestatic

The earth is flat and infinitely recursive, like an infinite piece of graph paper, with the whole world in every cell. There's no edge, just an endless repetition. When you 'circumnavigate,' what you're actually doing is travelling over into the next cell of the world, and another version of you simultaneously travels into the cell you were just in. That's also why there's no such thing as an energy crisis, no end to oil, cuz the world is infinitely large so however much we consume, whatever portion is left is still infinite.

I made one of these in Turbo Pascal in high school.
Shamrock7r
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:21 PM)
Shamrock7r's Avatar
I can't watch this for too long as my brain was gunna fry, but I laughed when Eddie brought up the moon landing, as I believe Joe Rogan thinks the moon landings were fake.

Eddie was saying "How can we believe what the people of NASA are saying now with these fake round Earth pictures when they also faked the moon landings?" and thanks to Joe's own views he was all "eh uh um because they are different people Eddie"
Last edited by Shamrock7r; 04-19-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Wolfgunblood Garopa
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:25 PM)
Wolfgunblood Garopa's Avatar
This is why things are getting more and more fucked up.

Take a fairly reasonable guy like Rogan and put him in an argument with a crazy person who believes utter nonsense, which gives the crazy person's point of view a modicum of credibility as the reasonable person gives the ridiculous idea enough respect to put it across from him as an equal point of view to be debated.
truestatic
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:29 PM)
truestatic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shamrock7r

I can't watch this for too long as my brain was gunna fry, but I laughed when Eddie brought up the moon landing, as I believe Joe Rogan thinks the moon landings were fake.

Eddie was saying "How can we believe what the people of NASA are saying now with these fake round Earth pictures when they also faked the moon landings?" and thanks to Joe's own views he was all "eh uh um because they are different people Eddie"

But they faked six moon missions.
CopperPuppy
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:31 PM)
CopperPuppy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chumley

Couldn't pass up an opportunity to get on your high horse, could you?

Originally Posted by Chumley

This kind of high horse shit serves no one but yourself.

LOL, calm down with all this "high horse" stuff, my dude. No need to get insecure just because someone throws shade at the fucking "Joe Rogan Experience." It's OK for people to criticize it. And, yes, if it takes someone hours of personal reassurance by a famous astrophysicist to be convinced the moon landing isn't fake, then maybe you should look elsewhere if you're looking for thought-provoking content. Lord knows there's a million options in podcasts alone.
cackhyena
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:32 PM)
cackhyena's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shamrock7r

I can't watch this for too long as my brain was gunna fry, but I laughed when Eddie brought up the moon landing, as I believe Joe Rogan thinks the moon landings were fake.

Eddie was saying "How can we believe what the people of NASA are saying now with these fake round Earth pictures when they also faked the moon landings?" and thanks to Joe's own views he was all "eh uh um because they are different people Eddie"

Didn't know Rogan... thought like that. Gonna dl the Krauss ep and hope he was properly educated. Good lord.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(04-19-2017, 01:32 PM)
Gattsu25's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shamrock7r

I can't watch this for too long as my brain was gunna fry, but I laughed when Eddie brought up the moon landing, as I believe Joe Rogan thinks the moon landings were fake.

Eddie was saying "How can we believe what the people of NASA are saying now with these fake round Earth pictures when they also faked the moon landings?" and thanks to Joe's own views he was all "eh uh um because they are different people Eddie"

Yeah, same for me. Joe Rogan is not the best to argue with these folks as it's obvious that he is convinced in shit like fake moon landings and the JFK/CIA conspiracies.
boiled goose
good with gravy
(04-19-2017, 01:34 PM)
boiled goose's Avatar
The thing with science is that you can go do it yourself. Instead of debating "facts" they should go outside and do an experiment together.

Make predictions, and see which model the data fit.
Arkeband
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:35 PM)
Arkeband's Avatar
Joe retweeted a hilarious GoFundMe to send Eddie Bravo to the stratosphere. I won't link to it directly but it's easily Google-able.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and it is time to take matters into our own hands.

A much loved Eddie Bravo has fallen balls deep into conspiracy theories. So much , he now believes every Astronomical scientist, astronaut, and modern governments are conspiring against the population and making us believe the earth is round. for the sole purpose of .....idk.

I have created this go fund me to take Eddie Bravo to the Stratosphere, in a hot air baloon. We will hire the only company willing to this If he is willing, and we will also give him a Video camera to live stream the event. When he touches down he will be interviewed and asked if he still thinks the earth is flat. And then hopefully we can get him to start analyzing his positions on other conspiracy theories.
Help spread the word!

_Ryo_
(04-19-2017, 01:36 PM)
_Ryo_'s Avatar
If one of my friends were to ever tell me they believed the Earth was flat, I'd stop socializing with them immediately.
TesUsa
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:38 PM)
TesUsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by cackhyena

Didn't know Rogan... thought like that. Gonna dl the Krauss ep and hope he was properly educated. Good lord.

For the moon landing talk you want to download the first Neil degrasse Tyson episode. NDT did two with Joe but the first one was about the moon landing. But you should download both NDT episodes and the LK episode because they're all really really good.
kess
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:38 PM)
kess's Avatar
"Globalists"

a spherical or rounded object.
"orange trees clipped into giant globes"
synonyms: sphere, orb, ball, spheroid, round
"the sun is a globe"


lol
cackhyena
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:41 PM)
cackhyena's Avatar

Originally Posted by TesUsa

For the moon landing talk you want to download the first Neil degrasse Tyson episode. NDT did two with Joe but the first one was about the moon landing. But you should download both NDT episodes and the LK episode because they're all really really good.

Will do, thanks. I always make an effort to get the ones with Sam Harris, but they never really butt heads.
Jake.
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:42 PM)
Jake.'s Avatar
joe rogan is dumb, but eddie bravo has always been a fucking moron. they are best friends through BJJ, hence eddie always being a guest.
Kinitari
Black Canada Mafia
(04-19-2017, 01:45 PM)
Kinitari's Avatar

Originally Posted by TunaMarshmallow

Yeah. Being a reasonable person is about being able to be convinced by authority figures when you're in their presence but otherwise believing YouTube hoax videos. Good call.

This video does say a lot about America, though perhaps not in the way the OP intended!

Your posts in this thread are saying a -lot- about you, and I don't think in the way you're intending.

Maybe take a page out of Joe's book here, and try challenging whatever preconceived notions you came into this thread with. Like maybe it's a good thing to have someone like Joe show people the value in challenging and changing their opinions?

I barely know who Joe is, never seen anything with him in it, or listened to his podcast
Sub_Level
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:47 PM)
Sub_Level's Avatar
Why doesn't this Eddie guy or any of these flat earthers just go to the north pole to verify the supposed ice ring. An excursion. Or they could keep booking flights westward/eastward until they have made a round trip.

This just seems like the kinda thing crazy people can test for themselves, moreso than other conspiracy theories. But then again they'd probably figure a conspiracist angle to circumvent their own experience and its back to square one.
NeonBlack
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:47 PM)
NeonBlack's Avatar
But.....Why lie about a round earth?

Don't give him a platform.
evilromero
(04-19-2017, 01:51 PM)
evilromero's Avatar
So do conspiracy theorist ever stop to question WHY the government or anyone would even care to argue (through science no less) that the earth or planet are spherical? What evil world organization's agendas would that even promote?
highrider
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:52 PM)
highrider's Avatar
I only lasted a couple minutes. It's just so stupid.
Real Hero
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:52 PM)
Real Hero's Avatar

Originally Posted by NeonBlack

But.....Why lie about a round earth?

Don't give him a platform.

He is part of the platform
truestatic
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:53 PM)
truestatic's Avatar

Originally Posted by evilromero

So do conspiracy theorist ever stop to question WHY the government or anyone would even care to argue (through science no less) that the earth or planet are spherical? What evil world organization's agendas would that even promote?

Eddie cites NASA's continuing budget.
IndoAssassin
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Sub_Level

Why doesn't this Eddie guy or any of these flat earthers just go to the north pole to verify the supposed ice ring. An excursion. Or they could keep booking flights westward/eastward until they have made a round trip.

This just seems like the kinda thing crazy people can test for themselves, moreso than other conspiracy theories. But then again they'd probably figure a conspiracist angle to circumvent their own experience and its back to square one.

Listen to the latest episode of Skeptics Guide to the Universe and doesnt matter what logical response you give them they have a theory for it. Conspiracy theorists are successful for a reason.

These people are straight up anti-science in everything. NASA is a globalist organization part of the Illuminati or Rockafellers or New World Order to control the people. Its just f'd up shit how these people are easily braiinwashed against a global society.

The Patriotic America first brainwashing is the culprit to all this BS
Last edited by IndoAssassin; 04-19-2017 at 02:04 PM.
capitalCORN
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:59 PM)

Originally Posted by evilromero

So do conspiracy theorist ever stop to question WHY the government or anyone would even care to argue (through science no less) that the earth or planet are spherical? What evil world organization's agendas would that even promote?

It's all part of finding Jesus or something.
Donthizz#
Member
(04-19-2017, 01:59 PM)
Donthizz#'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Sub_Level

Why doesn't this Eddie guy or any of these flat earthers just go to the north pole to verify the supposed ice ring. An excursion. Or they could keep booking flights westward/eastward until they have made a round trip.

This just seems like the kinda thing crazy people can test for themselves, moreso than other conspiracy theories. But then again they'd probably figure a conspiracist angle to circumvent their own experience and its back to square one.

Ice wall is guarded by NASA, so people can't go there.

All the airline companies are in on it. At least that's my understanding. You can never win with these people.

Thread Tools