• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Theorry
(04-20-2017, 11:04 AM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3nbCqDLU8
Aklamarth
(04-20-2017, 11:06 AM)
Old castles and decrepit hallways look a lot better than a industrial setting.
Hanmik
(04-20-2017, 11:07 AM)
why is he walking like this?
danowat
So all those saying it looked slow and boring, what about now?
brawly
Yo, this looks fucking cool. Only thing I dislike is the slow down that occurs when you hit the enemy.
Theorry
(04-20-2017, 11:10 AM)

Keasar
(04-20-2017, 11:15 AM)
Is it just me or has the gameplay speeded up? It looks way more action packed than earlier.

Originally Posted by Aklamarth

Old castles and decrepit hallways look a lot better than a industrial setting.

It's personal preference but personally I've been wanting From Software to make a souls-like game in a sci-fi setting. I actually like the industrial stuff. Castles and dungeons are nice and all but after 5 games of that I want something else. Bloodborne being a personal favourite of mine partly for the 1700-ish setting (and the faster combat).
KCroxtonJr
(04-20-2017, 11:17 AM)
Man, this game looks better and better each time I see it. Combat looks awesome!

Originally Posted by brawly

Yo, this looks fucking cool. Only thing I dislike is the slow down that occurs when you hit the enemy.

I saw an option for turning on/off some sort of slow down when hitting enemies in a preview video, pc version. Not sure if it affects what you're talking about or not.
Last edited by KCroxtonJr; 04-20-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Theorry
(04-20-2017, 11:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Keasar

Is it just me or has the gameplay speeded up? It looks way more action packed than earlier.

I think they showed alot of first levels in previews where you are probably not fully equipped yet.
bigol
(04-20-2017, 11:19 AM)
It also has a Vanquish sliding move.
Keasar
(04-20-2017, 11:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Theorry

I think they showed alot of first levels in previews where you are probably not fully equipped yet.

Is it really just that? It just seems WAY faster than before, even when they showcased stuff where he had gotten a bunch of armour and weapons.
BakedTanooki
(04-20-2017, 11:20 AM)
Looks a little bit stiff / janky, but otherwise pretty solid.
Will probably buy day one.
KCroxtonJr
(04-20-2017, 11:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Keasar

Is it really just that? It just seems WAY faster than before, even when they showcased stuff where he had gotten a bunch of armour and weapons.

I feel like they sped up certain parts of the video as well, hard to tell with all the quick cuts lol
Triggerhappytel
(04-20-2017, 11:28 AM)

Originally Posted by danowat

I'm personally not a fan of the style in general, but the combat here looks a lot more interesting and exciting than what they've shown before. They should release a video of 10+ minutes of gameplay showing how fast and exciting it can be against particular enemies and with particular builds.
knitoe
(04-20-2017, 11:29 AM)
This shows me why a "Souls" would not work in a scifi setting. The entire time I am thinking why is the space marine just punching stuff. Where's the shotgun, rocket launcher and/or etc.
Vintage
(04-20-2017, 11:29 AM)
Some bigger enemies look cool, but others are just kinda generic and boring robots. Still, combat looks like the best part of the game, because environments and story (from what I've seen) are just bland.
Last edited by Vintage; 04-20-2017 at 11:34 AM.
FelipeMGM
(04-20-2017, 11:32 AM)
The thing that bugs me out a bit is that all these hallways feel the same

Originally Posted by knitoe

This shows me why a "Souls" would not work in a scifi setting. The entire time I am thinking why is the space marine just punching stuff. Where's the shotgun, rocket launcher and/or etc.

Its because the mc is not a Space Marine, he is a worker on that factory where everyone gone crazy and he has to use the tools he has to fight
KCroxtonJr
(04-20-2017, 11:33 AM)
Thought I'd mention something...interesting about this game.

So it has the whole "recover your souls (tech scrap) after death" mechanic, but with a twist.

Apparently, you have a limited amount of time to acquire your lost tech scrap after death. From the previews I saw, it was 2 and a half minutes, which at first is like wtf, but apparently you gain some extra time, seemed to be around 20 seconds, every time you kill an enemy.

Not sure if those numbers change or vary based on different things, but it definitely adds an extra layer of stress lol.
FallenGrace
(04-20-2017, 11:37 AM)

The game is set in an industrial area full of workers rigs and equipment. Why would there be all these military weapons around?
knitoe
(04-20-2017, 11:41 AM)

Originally Posted by FelipeMGM

Its because the mc is not a Space Marine, he is a worker on that factory where everyone gone crazy and he has to use the tools he has to fight

Originally Posted by FallenGrace

The game is set in an industrial area full of workers rigs and equipment. Why would there be all these military weapons around?

Yet, just in the trailer, there are stuff shooting bullets, missiles, electricity and etc. Seems like military equipment to me.
Krappadizzle
(04-20-2017, 11:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Hanmik

why is he walking like this?

Do you not see the majesty in this gif? That's why.
Basketball
(04-20-2017, 11:47 AM)
Looks janky and clunky
as fuck

just like Lords of the Fallen

str8 gahbage
dlauv
(04-20-2017, 11:47 AM)
Honestly that combat looks really fun.

Animations and all isn't on par with Ni-Oh, but this seems like a gigantic leap up from Lords of the Fallen. This actually has hit feedback.

I like that you can (seemingly) duck and jump over hitboxes.
Last edited by dlauv; 04-20-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Shredderi
(04-20-2017, 11:50 AM)

Yet, just in the trailer, there are stuff shooting bullets, missiles, electricity and etc. Seems like military equipment to me.

Nope. Combed through the trailer and no bullets anywhere. Electricity is and can be explained by the fact that they're in a factory complex so they have robots with electricity tool thingies. The missile looking explosives are explained by the robots using said explosives to do work like tunneling, blasting rock away etc.
Theorry
(04-20-2017, 11:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Basketball

Looks janky and clunky
as fuck

str8 gahbage

This doesnt look like Lords of Fallen at all.
Shredderi
(04-20-2017, 11:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Theorry

This doesnt look like Lords of Fallen at all.

It really doesn't. I kinda liked that game too though but this looks much better.
danowat
(04-20-2017, 11:52 AM)
Can we play soulsborne fan posts bingo?
nynt9
(04-20-2017, 11:53 AM)

Looks janky and clunky
as fuck

str8 gahbage

I don't see how you get that from this trailer. Maybe not as snappy as nioh, but nowhere near "janky and clunky as fuck", and it looks way better than LOTF.

The only straight garbage here is your post.
Renekton
(04-20-2017, 11:54 AM)
What happened to modern/futuristic weaponry?
Q8D3vil
(04-20-2017, 11:55 AM)
Look bit junky but much better then what they showed previously, I'm very interested now.
Dahaka
(04-20-2017, 11:56 AM)
looking good
Magic Mushroom
(04-20-2017, 11:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Renekton

What happened to modern/futuristic weaponry?

Not in the hands of factory workers.
Lord Phol
(04-20-2017, 11:57 AM)
Hmm, the floaty/arcadey movement reminds me a lot of Lords of the Fallen which isn't very encouraging.
knitoe
(04-20-2017, 11:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Shredderi

Nope. Combed through the trailer and no bullets anywhere. Electricity is and can be explained by the fact that they're in a factory complex so they have robots with electricity tool thingies. The missile looking explosives are explained by the robots using said explosives to do work like tunneling, blasting rock away etc.

32 sec: A machine is shooting some sort of projectile, looks like bullets.

1:39: Giant Robot shooting missiles vertical then they turn toward the characters direction. Yeah, you need those types of explosives for mining...

It still proves my point. You need to try hard and really restrict the settings even making a plausible scifi "Souls" game.
semiconscious
(04-20-2017, 12:00 PM)
i hope other people support this, cuz, even tho i'm interested, i can't afford it at full price :) ...
Vintage
(04-20-2017, 12:00 PM)

Can we play soulsborne fan posts bingo?

Basketball
(04-20-2017, 12:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Lord Phol

Hmm, the floaty/arcadey movement reminds me a lot of Lords of the Fallen which isn't very encouraging.

I know look at the movement and the weird sways (not the dashing) and that clunky startup jog.
Also the hitstop is almost exactly the same. Lords of the Fallen in space bleeeh
alexanderftw
Banned
(04-20-2017, 12:03 PM)

Looks janky and clunky
as fuck

str8 gahbage

I'm with you bro. Looks pretty damn bad and I'm pretty sure the whole game is in a junkyard because thats all they've shown and Lords of the Fallen had the exact same issue, extremely short and boring map.
Magic Mushroom
(04-20-2017, 12:03 PM)
If that's the actual speed it could be pretty cool. I love the sci-fi approach, even though the environments look pretty bland, with none of the artistry From's games have. But perhaps Miyazaki is working on his own sci-fi spin on the genre.
names2hard4you
(04-20-2017, 12:04 PM)
This looks awesome. I'm in.
Mutombo
(04-20-2017, 12:05 PM)
You jus know this is going to bomb, hard.

Granted; combat looks cool. But the art style, the world, the 'feel' of the world looks really generic.

As if they would've liked to make a sci fi souls, but couldn't think past a giant industrial factory where everything is square. It's going to hurt them because I don't think this looks appealing to anyone but people who love cars from the 80s.
Bate
(04-20-2017, 12:05 PM)

Looks janky and clunky
as fuck

str8 gahbage

I would settle for boring mediocrity.

But yeah, I got the Lords of the Fallen vibes, too. Combat is mainly Soulsborne and a bit Platinum on top. Art design is some horror like Doom and a lot of Vanquish robo stuff. It looks again so generic. It just screams "me too".
Sarcasm
(04-20-2017, 12:08 PM)
Lord of the Fallen. Though seems to be slightly improved.
Luigiv
(04-20-2017, 12:10 PM)
Looks floaty.
Big_Al
(04-20-2017, 12:11 PM)
Looks fun to me, probably not on release but I'll get it eventually. First I need to actually complete Lords Of The Fallen, which I was really enjoying until I got distracted.
Clarkus Darkus
(04-20-2017, 12:11 PM)
Looks decent, Is it co-op at all or just single player?
nailbombxx
(04-20-2017, 12:14 PM)

This trailer makes the game look faster but the character but the dodge looks really weird like your character is floating around everywhere. The slowdown during attacking doesn't look very natural.
HStallion
(04-20-2017, 12:15 PM)

Someone isn't aware of the grim darkness of the year 40,000 and its prevalence for attacking tanks big as city blocks with claws, chainsaw swords and fists.
Last edited by HStallion; 04-20-2017 at 12:17 PM.
SomTervo
(04-20-2017, 12:17 PM)

There are guns in the game
Anung
(04-20-2017, 12:18 PM)

Originally Posted by HStallion

Someone isn't aware of the grim darkness of the year 40,000 and its prevalence for attacking tanks big as city blocks with claws, chainsaw swords and fists.

Dude 40k Souls is something I didn't know I wanted but now I want it more than anything.