• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Nivash
(04-21-2017, 12:33 AM)
Nivash's Avatar

Originally Posted by kayzai

How do you know what they want, have you asked them? Or are you just talking nonsense to fit a narrative.

ISIS doesn't exactly try to hide their apocalyptic beliefs. They're a cult as much as anything else, they would absolutely love if Europe turned absolutely fascist because it would confirm them to be the good guys, in their mind.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-wants/384980/
Ac30
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:34 AM)

Originally Posted by kayzai

How do you know what they want, have you asked them? Or are you just talking nonsense to fit a narrative.

Because it helps their recruitment efforts? It's easier to spin rhetoric when you have lePen complaining about foreigners trashing your home and raping your wife on tape.
fixedpoint
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:35 AM)
fixedpoint's Avatar

Originally Posted by nubbe

took one man to ignite WW1

Read this the other day
https://angrystaffofficer.com/2017/0...wo-world-wars/
nomis
(04-21-2017, 12:36 AM)
nomis's Avatar

Originally Posted by kayzai

How do you know what they want, have you asked them? Or are you just talking nonsense to fit a narrative.

Hahahahahaha r u serious

No you're right, ISIS wants the west to welcome all of their brethren with open arms so they can descend into obscurity
Airola
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:39 AM)
Airola's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zautruche

Every year ~60k people die in a car crash

Yeah, and there's a reason we don't like to have drunk drivers adding more to that number.

Accidents and deaths to diseases aren't the same as deaths to gunmen who do their thing because of hate.


And besides, we have every right to be afraid of cancer and car crashes too if we feel so. Sometimes being afraid of something for a moment is needed to understand things or to get in terms with things. Fear is not purely only negative emotion.
TTOOLL
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:39 AM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by nomis

Hahahahahaha r u serious

No you're right, ISIS wants the west to welcome all of their brethren with open arms so they can descend into obscurity


Please enlighten us why there are no terrorist attacks in Japan or South America for instance.
Xando
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:47 AM)
Xando's Avatar

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Please enlighten us why there are no terrorist attacks in Japan or South America for instance.

Because they are generally not seen as "the west" by most people. That's mostly NA & Europe. Maybe Australia.


Also it's far easier to get to europe from Syria than it is to get to Japan or SA.
Ac30
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:48 AM)

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Please enlighten us why there are no terrorist attacks in Japan or South America for instance.

I'd completely forgotten the Tokyo Sarin attacks never happened and that the FARC never employed terrorist tactics.

Yes, extremists are targeting Muslim communities because at this point they're easy pickings, and the advent of globalization has made planning multinational attacks far easier, but the answer is more complicated than blaming your local population, unless you're for forced deportations? We've already had one massacre of European Muslims in the last 20 years.
Nivash
(04-21-2017, 12:50 AM)
Nivash's Avatar

Originally Posted by Airola

Yeah, and there's a reason we don't like to have drunk drivers adding more to that number.

Accidents and deaths to diseases aren't the same as deaths to gunmen who do their thing because of hate.


And besides, we have every right to be afraid of cancer and car crashes too if we feel so. Sometimes being afraid of something for a moment is needed to understand things or to get in terms with things. Fear is not purely only negative emotion.

Sure, as long as you don't start outlawing cars and bacon. The point is that the terror attacks are met with extremely disproportionate responses. And sure, the reason for that is because it's simply scarier, like you say, but it's important to recognize just how disproportionate that fear is to the actual threat.
TTOOLL
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:04 AM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ac30

I'd completely forgotten the Tokyo Sarin attacks never happened and that the FARC never employed terrorist tactics.

Yes, extremists are targeting Muslim communities because at this point they're easy pickings, and the advent of globalization has made planning multinational attacks far easier, but the answer is more complicated than blaming your local population, unless you're for forced deportations? We've already had one massacre of European Muslims in the last 20 years.


Yeah, they happen all the time here. /s
Ac30
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:06 AM)

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Yeah, they happen all the time here. /s

No, they don't, and that's not the implication either. But Srebrenica was an unfortunate event and hatred and anger does nobody any good, because then we're breeding more Breiviks too. The answer isn't electing firebrands who campaign on targeting minority groups, because like it or not they live in your country. The entire point of the West is to be better that the shitheels elsewhere. And before you cause me of being some tree-hugging liberal it's clear that current integration efforts are insufficient and that Europe certainly has to deal with its existing migrant problems before taking many more in.

But, since you're so sure of yourself, please do list some policy proposals that you feel will help the current situation.
Last edited by Ac30; 04-21-2017 at 01:10 AM.
TTOOLL
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:15 AM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ac30

No, they don't, and that's not the implication either. But Srebrenica was an unfortunate event and hatred and anger does nobody any good, because then we're breeding more Breiviks too. The answer isn't electing firebrands who campaign on targeting minority groups, because like it or not they live in your country. The entire point of the West is to be better that the shitheels elsewhere. And before you cause me of being some tree-hugging liberal it's clear that current integration efforts are insufficient and that Europe certainly has to deal with its existing migrant problems before taking many more in.

But, since you're so sure of yourself, please do list some policy proposals that you feel will help the current situation.

The first step is having the balls to recognize the problem and where it comes from. Which a lot of people don't cause they are afraid of being tagged as some kind of phobic. It happens here on Gaf, btw.

As I said before, perhaps we should take a look at places that DO NOT suffer with frequent terrorist attacks and see what's different.

Edit: the user below gets it.
Last edited by TTOOLL; 04-21-2017 at 01:17 AM.
Madness
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:16 AM)
Madness's Avatar
Why are people afraid to say it? Almost every single time it is turning out to be a muslim male who is committing terrorist attacks in Europe. Wtf is going on there. Uzi's, hand grenades, kalashnikovs and explosives. Why are so many coming from Belgium? How many splinter cells are operating. Even worse is that 2 million mostly middle eastern and arab migrants have come with zero vetting. France and Belgium and the Netherlands really need to step up their intelligence efforts.

Even worse is that 2+ million migrants have come that were unchecked, unvetted. Watch as many of their children who don't assimilate or if they live in ethnic slums or poverty, possibly radicalize.

People can say what they want about whether these people are truly muslims if they kill, but the reality is, whether they are white Dagestani/Russian in Boston, Pakistani and Saudi Arabian in San Bernardino, Tunisian Arab in Nice, France, Morrocan Belgians in Brussels, the unifying characteristics are males that are muslim, race, ethnicity, culture, even upbringing are different exceot united in Islamic extremism. Very hard to combat.
Breakage
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:29 AM)
Breakage's Avatar
Stuff like this is only going to become more common. I get a sense that tv news and radio outlets here in the UK are already fed up with the routine. Tonight's attack hasn't got the usual unbroken coverage. We'll probably see more attacks during Ramadan too.
The Greek Freak
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Madness

Why are people afraid to say it? Almost every single time it is turning out to be a muslim male who is committing terrorist attacks in Europe. Wtf is going on there. Uzi's, hand grenades, kalashnikovs and explosives. Why are so many coming from Belgium? How many splinter cells are operating. Even worse is that 2 million mostly middle eastern and arab migrants have come with zero vetting. France and Belgium and the Netherlands really need to step up their intelligence efforts.

Even worse is that 2+ million migrants have come that were unchecked, unvetted. Watch as many of their children who don't assimilate or if they live in ethnic slums or poverty, possibly radicalize.

This is what we get for having no sane middle ground between racist dirtbags and naive morons in regards to the refugee crisis.
SuperSah
Was it over when the Russians bombed Gaza? Hell no!
(04-21-2017, 01:36 AM)
SuperSah's Avatar
My thoughts and prayers to the families of those who lost their lives.
Chaos2Frozen
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:56 AM)
Chaos2Frozen's Avatar
Hearing this on the news, I have that same sinking feeling as the morning I woke up to the news of the FBI letter
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
(04-21-2017, 02:08 AM)
LQX's Avatar
What has happened to make France seemingly the go-to target for terrorist attacks in Europe? France seemingly was one of the most vocal countries when it came to apposition to the US "war on terror" after 9/11. Things became so bad we had to change our fries to freedom fries. And not to say France was a friend to terrorism, but would I think a country so apposed to the US war on terror would curry some favor and not now be the main target of terrorists.

Also, I remember watching a 60 Minutes special on how you French people viewed America/Americans after 9/11 and years of war and the contempt they had almost hurt. You almost got the sense many of them wanted to say the US deserved 9/11. I now wonder if the views of many of the young have now changed in light of all these attacks.

Either-way, I hope this shit stops.
N7.Angel
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:25 AM)
N7.Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by LQX

What has happened to make France seemingly the go-to target for terrorist attacks in Europe? France seemingly was one of the most vocal countries when it came to apposition to the US "war on terror" after 9/11. Things became so bad we had to change our fries to freedom fries. And not to say France was a friend to terrorism, but would I think a country so apposed to the US war on terror would curry some favor and not now be the main target of terrorists.

Also, I remember watching a 60 Minutes special on how you French people viewed America/Americans after 9/11 and years of war and the contempt they had almost hurt. You almost got the sense many of them wanted to say the US deserved 9/11. I now wonder if the views of many of the young have now changed in light of all these attacks.

Either-way, I hope this shit stops.

Is this for real ? I don't even...
koziakauzu
Banned
(04-21-2017, 02:37 AM)
As most french citizen I have been raised to believe in multicultural society for decades (and lived in many different area where it exists - not just as a "concept" that most GAF user would never experience but would support because it sounds like fighting for something - it kinda worked for a long time before declining with the shitty american gangsta culture influence).
Thinking or talking about Le Pen (father/daughter) was worst than anything else since the 80's. Thanks to Isis and the last 5 years, I know who I will vote for without a single remorse.
Shawsie64
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:36 AM)
Shawsie64's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xando

Because they are generally not seen as "the west" by most people. That's mostly NA & Europe. Maybe Australia.


Also it's far easier to get to europe from Syria than it is to get to Japan or SA.

Far easier to get INTO Europe too..
George Washington
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:39 AM)
George Washington's Avatar
RIP to the victims.
Mr. Blonde
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Liha

Yeah, I was there with my girlfriend last week, just horrible.

Stay safe!!
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
(04-21-2017, 03:49 AM)
LQX's Avatar

Originally Posted by N7.Angel

Is this for real ? I don't even...

Please don't tell me you took that the wrong way. If so, please explain.
NoMoreTrolls
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:05 AM)
NoMoreTrolls's Avatar
What a shame that France continues to experience attack after attack.
I do hope that in absence of the attacks stopping, we can have discussions that at least entertain the possibility that the mindless killing is a result of religious extremism without accusations of bigotry or xenophobia. I feel like at this point, it's a reasonable assumption that a terror attack such as this is religiously motivated.

I don't know how to combat this; you can't lock someone up for suspected behavior/thoughtcrime, and you can't bar an entire subset of people from traveling to your country because a few of them are insane zealots. There's no easy solution, but willfully ignoring that there is a huge religious component to these attacks because it's uncomfortable is foolish.
BetterWorldz
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:26 AM)
BetterWorldz's Avatar

Originally Posted by koziakauzu

Thanks to Isis and the last 5 years, I know who I will vote for without a single remorse.

Oh mark my words, you *will* feel remorse once you see what your country becomes under the far right. Think things can't get any worse? Just wait and see, you'll get soon enough what you were warned against in the 90s.
OG Shaka Zulu
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:43 AM)
OG Shaka Zulu's Avatar

Originally Posted by LQX

What has happened to make France seemingly the go-to target for terrorist attacks in Europe? France seemingly was one of the most vocal countries when it came to apposition to the US "war on terror" after 9/11. Things became so bad we had to change our fries to freedom fries. And not to say France was a friend to terrorism, but would I think a country so apposed to the US war on terror would curry some favor and not now be the main target of terrorists.

Also, I remember watching a 60 Minutes special on how you French people viewed America/Americans after 9/11 and years of war and the contempt they had almost hurt. You almost got the sense many of them wanted to say the US deserved 9/11. I now wonder if the views of many of the young have now changed in light of all these attacks.

Either-way, I hope this shit stops.

In recent years i think because France lead the saber rattling that fucked up Libya. France also marginalizes and discriminates against its Muslims.

France invaded Algeria in 1830 and held it until 1962, and ruled savagely. I'm sure they went HAM in other parts of the Middle East. All these attacks are the hate that hate produced.
Aikidoka
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:56 AM)
Aikidoka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madness

Why are people afraid to say it? Almost every single time it is turning out to be a muslim male who is committing terrorist attacks in Europe. Wtf is going on there. Uzi's, hand grenades, kalashnikovs and explosives. Why are so many coming from Belgium? How many splinter cells are operating. Even worse is that 2 million mostly middle eastern and arab migrants have come with zero vetting. France and Belgium and the Netherlands really need to step up their intelligence efforts.

Even worse is that 2+ million migrants have come that were unchecked, unvetted. Watch as many of their children who don't assimilate or if they live in ethnic slums or poverty, possibly radicalize.

People can say what they want about whether these people are truly muslims if they kill, but the reality is, whether they are white Dagestani/Russian in Boston, Pakistani and Saudi Arabian in San Bernardino, Tunisian Arab in Nice, France, Morrocan Belgians in Brussels, the unifying characteristics are males that are muslim, race, ethnicity, culture, even upbringing are different exceot united in Islamic extremism. Very hard to combat.

It's a difficult problem, I don't think anyone would deny that. But I believe that history shows that the way to combat ideological extremism is by humanitarian aid and relief.
MisterFalcon
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:51 AM)
MisterFalcon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nivash

ISIS doesn't exactly try to hide their apocalyptic beliefs. They're a cult as much as anything else, they would absolutely love if Europe turned absolutely fascist because it would confirm them to be the good guys, in their mind.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-wants/384980/

I've read through this article and cannot find 'get right wing governments elected' or 'spread hate against immigrants' as one of their goals. It mostly deals with how the Islamic part in the Islamic State is drving their recruitment.

For ISIS all leaders who are not their Caliph are illegitimate. Le Pen or Melechon, Trump of Clinton, May or Corbyn, none of it makes a difference for ISIS. At the moment I don't think the first topic on the agenda for ISIS leadership meetings is not 'how can we get Le Pen elected' but 'how do we defeat the Shia who are taking all our territory'. It's very ethnocentric to claim that what The West does is somehow all that drives ISIS as if they cannot have an agenda of their own.
Jindrax
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:03 AM)
Jindrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madness

Why are people afraid to say it? Almost every single time it is turning out to be a muslim male who is committing terrorist attacks in Europe. Wtf is going on there. Uzi's, hand grenades, kalashnikovs and explosives. Why are so many coming from Belgium? How many splinter cells are operating. Even worse is that 2 million mostly middle eastern and arab migrants have come with zero vetting. France and Belgium and the Netherlands really need to step up their intelligence efforts.

Even worse is that 2+ million migrants have come that were unchecked, unvetted. Watch as many of their children who don't assimilate or if they live in ethnic slums or poverty, possibly radicalize.

People can say what they want about whether these people are truly muslims if they kill, but the reality is, whether they are white Dagestani/Russian in Boston, Pakistani and Saudi Arabian in San Bernardino, Tunisian Arab in Nice, France, Morrocan Belgians in Brussels, the unifying characteristics are males that are muslim, race, ethnicity, culture, even upbringing are different exceot united in Islamic extremism. Very hard to combat.

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

The first step is having the balls to recognize the problem and where it comes from. Which a lot of people don't cause they are afraid of being tagged as some kind of phobic. It happens here on Gaf, btw.

As I said before, perhaps we should take a look at places that DO NOT suffer with frequent terrorist attacks and see what's different.

Edit: the user below gets it.


Tell us more white man on how to treat 'foreigners'.

How many of these extremists are born here in the west? So many. Why are they so pissed off? Stuck in poverty? Stuck in ghetto's with no way out treated like crap by the white authority figure? Hell. It doesn't even matter here i need Belgium you still get treated like a second class citizen just having a different skin colour.

How do I know this? I'm a Belgian born here, tax attorney in one of the countries highest ranked offices. Yet every single day I'm reminded I'm not the same as the rest and that i never will be. So before you start preaching your nonsense. Maybe know the situation​ here and that the issues aren't simple as you think. Maybe start looking at the issues that the natives are causing and are making worst every day.
Violet_0
(04-21-2017, 06:12 AM)
Violet_0's Avatar

Originally Posted by koziakauzu

Thanks to Isis and the last 5 years, I know who I will vote for without a single remorse.

how often in history has electing an extremist populist to power ever done any good? Do you really look at America today and think "man, I wish we had our own Trump"?
jonno394
Banned
(04-21-2017, 06:16 AM)
jonno394's Avatar

Originally Posted by BetterWorldz

Oh mark my words, you *will* feel remorse once you see what your country becomes under the far right. Think things can't get any worse? Just wait and see, you'll get soon enough what you were warned against in the 90s.

I'd like to hear in detail how you think it'll get worse, thanks.
OG Shaka Zulu
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:16 AM)
OG Shaka Zulu's Avatar
Kozi you are goofin.
AnotherDayAnotherDollar
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Jindrax

Tell us more white man on how to treat 'foreigners'.

How many of these extremists are born here in the west? So many. Why are they so pissed off? Stuck in poverty? Stuck in ghetto's with no way out treated like crap by the white authority figure? Hell. It doesn't even matter here i need Belgium you still get treated like a second class citizen just having a different skin colour.

How do I know this? I'm a Belgian born here, tax attorney in one of the countries highest ranked offices. Yet every single day I'm reminded I'm not the same as the rest and that i never will be. So before you start preaching your nonsense. Maybe know the situation​ here and that the issues aren't simple as you think. Maybe start looking at the issues that the natives are causing and are making worst every day.

How do you know they are white?
Night Angel
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:50 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jindrax

Tell us more white man on how to treat 'foreigners'.

How many of these extremists are born here in the west? So many. Why are they so pissed off? Stuck in poverty? Stuck in ghetto's with no way out treated like crap by the white authority figure? Hell. It doesn't even matter here i need Belgium you still get treated like a second class citizen just having a different skin colour.

How do I know this? I'm a Belgian born here, tax attorney in one of the countries highest ranked offices. Yet every single day I'm reminded I'm not the same as the rest and that i never will be. So before you start preaching your nonsense. Maybe know the situation​ here and that the issues aren't simple as you think. Maybe start looking at the issues that the natives are causing and are making worst every day.

So you can't see that those things can coexist with religious fanaticism to create these kinds of situations? I don't think anyone has said religion is the SOLE FACTOR in play here, but pretending it's not a factor at all is silly. Plenty of minority classes across the globe are disadvantaged without repeated incidents of mass murder, religiously motivated or otherwise.

The interpretation of Islam that justifies these actions (wrong as it may be) is certainly fueling the fire.
Alx
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:54 AM)
Alx's Avatar

Originally Posted by jonno394

I'd like to hear in detail how you think it'll get worse, thanks.

The mere fact that Le Pen is openly hostile to Muslim religion won't help defusing the tensions that ISIS is using to recruit its supporters. Many (most ?) of the perpetrators or would be perpetrators were born and raised in France, and became hostile because they felt they belong to an ostracized community. Also because of bad influence in prisons.
What does Le Pen offer ? More negativity towards Muslims, and more carceral repression.
NutJobJim
(04-21-2017, 06:55 AM)
NutJobJim's Avatar
Does this mean Le Penn is going to win now?

No doubt she can use this to her advantage...
Jindrax
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:58 AM)
Jindrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

So you can't see that those things can coexist with religious fanaticism to create these kinds of situations? I don't think anyone has said religion is the SOLE FACTOR in play here, but pretending it's not a factor at all is silly. Plenty of minority classes across the globe are disadvantaged without repeated incidents of mass murder, religiously motivated or otherwise.

The interpretation of Islam that justifies these actions (wrong as it may be) is certainly fueling the fire.

Ofc it does, my post doesn't deny any of that, but everyone here and in the media and in politics seems to turn a complete blind eye is to "WHY is so easy to indoctrinate and convince these specific people to commit these atrocities?".

What I'm saying is that maybe what you think is the cause of this, is merely the tool, and the actually cause is a lot more complex than just pointing the finger at religion, immigration etc.
Hypron
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:58 AM)
Hypron's Avatar

Originally Posted by NutJobJim

Does this mean lePenn is going to win now?

No doubt she can use this to her advantage...

She might get a small boost to her first round results but I doubt it'll carry over to the second round, and I doubt it'll make up for the current difference between her and Macron and probably Melenchon in the second round. From my understanding she polls quite closely with Fillon in the second round, so it would be a bigger issue if that matchup were to happen.
MisterFalcon
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:17 AM)
MisterFalcon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jindrax

Ofc it does, my post doesn't deny any of that, but everyone here and in the media and in politics seems to turn a complete blind eye is to "WHY is so easy to indoctrinate and convince these specific people to commit these atrocities?".

What I'm saying is that maybe what you think is the cause of this, is merely the tool, and the actually cause is a lot more complex than just pointing the finger at religion, immigration etc.

Ah, the sixth pillar of islam: The Kafir Is Always At Fault. If a muslim becomes a terrorist he was made so by discrimination by unbelievers and the faith is left blameless.
BernardoOne
Banned
(04-21-2017, 07:19 AM)

Originally Posted by kayzai

How do you know what they want, have you asked them? Or are you just talking nonsense to fit a narrative.

oh look it's you again
GAMEPROFF
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:21 AM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar

Originally Posted by MisterFalcon

Ah, the sixth pillar of islam: The Kafir Is Always At Fault. If a muslim becomes a terrorist he was made so by discrimination by unbelievers and the faith is left blameless.

Are you now trying to push Jindrax in the direction of extremists?
BernardoOne
Banned
(04-21-2017, 07:25 AM)

Originally Posted by jonno394

I'd like to hear in detail how you think it'll get worse, thanks.

There is nothing ISIS can do that will ever be able to compete with the massive ammount of fuckery that the far right rising would do. I mean you can just look at history.
Linkstrikesback
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:27 AM)
Linkstrikesback's Avatar

Originally Posted by koziakauzu

As most french citizen I have been raised to believe in multicultural society for decades (and lived in many different area where it exists - not just as a "concept" that most GAF user would never experience but would support because it sounds like fighting for something - it kinda worked for a long time before declining with the shitty american gangsta culture influence).
Thinking or talking about Le Pen (father/daughter) was worst than anything else since the 80's. Thanks to Isis and the last 5 years, I know who I will vote for without a single remorse.

So what you're saying is you'll do exactly what the terrorists wanted you to do?
Mael
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:40 AM)
Mael's Avatar
2 French citizens do a shooting in a crowded parisian street?
Let's close the borders because foreigners are scary.
Flawless logic.
Jindrax
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:56 AM)
Jindrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by MisterFalcon

Ah, the sixth pillar of islam: The Kafir Is Always At Fault. If a muslim becomes a terrorist he was made so by discrimination by unbelievers and the faith is left blameless.

You have just fantastically proven my point for any intelligent GAF member to see. Not only did you fail to counter any arguement I made, you didn't even discuss the subject i was treating, which had nothing to do with religion, which was the entire point i was making. And this done in such a way to not only insult me, who's not even Muslim, but Muslims in general too.

Beautiful.
Thorgal
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:17 AM)
Thorgal's Avatar

Originally Posted by sazzy

Clearly it's not enough.

Last time I was in Paris there was a military guy armed to the teeth on practically every street corner and public place. What more do you want them to do?
Last edited by Thorgal; 04-21-2017 at 09:20 AM.
ClosingADoor
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:25 AM)
ClosingADoor's Avatar
So the guy was convicted for 3 attempted murders already of which 2 on police officers. He is 39 years old. How are the sentences for this stuff in France that you can walk around freely again.

A lot of times these terrorists have already done crimes and police are watching them. Is it really not possible to lock people up longer at least...
Alx
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:30 AM)
Alx's Avatar

Originally Posted by ClosingADoor

So the guy was convicted for 3 attempted murders already of which 2 on police officers. He is 39 years old. How are the sentences for this stuff in France that you can walk around freely again.

A lot of times these terrorists have already done crimes and police are watching them. Is it really not possible to lock people up longer at least...

He got 15 years, shortened to 10.
I don't think locking people up longer would change much, you're just postponing the issue. Unless you lock everybody up for life, but that's actually illegal.
The focus should probably be put on reinsertion of convicted people, since apparently many of them leave prison in a worse state of mind than when they entered.
KingSnake
The Birthday Skeleton
(04-21-2017, 09:33 AM)
KingSnake's Avatar
Were the previous attempted murders also due to radicalisation or the guy is just nuts and has an obsession against the police?

Thread Tools