• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Arc
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:22 AM)
Arc's Avatar
It's gotta be Julius Caesar right?
Makonero
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:22 AM)
Makonero's Avatar
Jesus Christ.
Izayoi
(04-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
Izayoi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arc

It's gotta be Julius Caesar right?

I would argue Jesus, or maybe Shakespeare?
nasax
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
nasax's Avatar
Jesus, easily.
DukeSilverHaze
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
Adolph Hitler

Everything evil gets compared to him
Somnium
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
Somnium's Avatar
Jesus Christ.
ForsakenLotus
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
ForsakenLotus's Avatar
Hitler.

Edit: I feel like we should limit it to people we factually know existed.
iMax
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
iMax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Makonero

Jesus Christ.

.
Mr. Poolman
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
Mr. Poolman's Avatar
Tell me, what age is it? and since which event do we count?
There is your answer.
Ogodei
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
Ogodei's Avatar
As far as name recognition worldwide? Religious founders or great figures. Jesus, Mohammad, Kung Futzu (or whatever the actual spelling of Confucius is), Moses, Sidhartha
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(04-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
MattKeil's Avatar
This will get to the "Julius Caesar because there's no evidence Jesus was a real person" argument much faster than I expected.
Santiako
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
Santiako's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arc

It's gotta be Julius Caesar right?

Jesus and Mohamed are way over him.
Lactose_Intolerant
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
Lactose_Intolerant's Avatar
Michael Jackson

Even tribes in the Amazon know who he is.
zeemumu
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
zeemumu's Avatar
Jesus, and on the other end of the morality spectrum, Hitler because he's the default comparison for evil in all conversations rivaled only by the devil.
Pop-O-Matic
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
Pop-O-Matic's Avatar
Beyonce
Brashnir
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
Brashnir's Avatar
Considering population numbers around the world, it's probably Gautama Buddha.
Waldo Lydecker
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
Waldo Lydecker's Avatar
Mozart?
RedBullEnergy
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
RedBullEnergy's Avatar
Steve Jobs
Arc
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
Arc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Santiako

Jesus and Mohamed are way over him.

Jesus and Mohammed happened because of things Ceasar did.
Hollywood Duo
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
Hollywood Duo's Avatar

Originally Posted by nasax

Jesus, easily.

Only because he is the the Quran. Otherwise it's be Muhammad by a landslide.

Originally Posted by Arc

Jesus and Mohammed happened because of things Ceasar did.

Is your question historically important or famous? Big difference.
DMONKUMA
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
DMONKUMA's Avatar
Hey Zeus
wandering
Banned
(04-21-2017, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Ogodei

As far as name recognition worldwide? Religious founders or great figures. Jesus, Mohammad, Kung Futzu (or whatever the actual spelling of Confucius is), Moses, Sidhartha

Kǒngzǐ
Abounder
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
Abounder's Avatar
Like Louis CK says, we are in the year of Jesus + 2017 years. No one else comes close
Makonero
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:26 AM)
Makonero's Avatar

Originally Posted by ForsakenLotus

Hitler.

Edit: I feel like we should limit it to people we factually know existed.

There's more evidence for Jesus existing than most people in history.
ForsakenLotus
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:26 AM)
ForsakenLotus's Avatar

Originally Posted by MattKeil

This will get to the "Julius Caesar because there's no evidence Jesus was a real person" argument much faster than I expected.

Is that unreasonable though? Otherwise there is no debate other than which of the two or three most prominent religious figures it is.
Switch Back 9
a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
(04-21-2017, 12:26 AM)
Switch Back 9's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hollywood Duo

Only because he is the the Quran. Otherwise it's be Muhammad by a landslide.

No, why do you say that?
Makai
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:26 AM)
Makai's Avatar
Mao ZeDong. Population is stacked towards the 20th century.
Ōkami
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:26 AM)
Ōkami's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arc

Jesus and Mohammed happened because of things Ceasar did.

So?

Doesn't change that Jesus, Mohammed or Buddah are more famous and well known.
Santiako
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:27 AM)
Santiako's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arc

Jesus and Mohammed happened because of things Ceasar did.

That does not make him more famous.
Jest Chillin
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:27 AM)
Jest Chillin's Avatar

Originally Posted by ForsakenLotus

Edit: I feel like we should limit it to people we factually know existed.

Jesus was a real person. It's the religious aspects that can't be objectively confirmed.
TTOOLL
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:27 AM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by ForsakenLotus

Hitler.

Edit: I feel like we should limit it to people we factually know existed.

I believe there are a lot of evidence pointing that Jesus existed. If he did all those miracles, well, that's another story.
The Hamburglar
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:27 AM)
The Hamburglar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hollywood Duo

Only because he is the the Quran. Otherwise it's be Muhammad by a landslide.

Is your question historically important or famous? Big difference.

Sure thing bud
Morrigan Stark
Banned
(04-21-2017, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by ForsakenLotus

Hitler.

Edit: I feel like we should limit it to people we factually know existed.

Agreed, though I'd probably vote Caesar over Hitler. Then again, I dunno, Caesar isn't really a meme...

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

Jesus was a real person. It's the religious aspects that can't be objectively confirmed.

Nah, Jesus' own existence isn't really confirmed either.
Stereogatari
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
Stereogatari's Avatar
I think it's Hitler.
nomis
(04-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
nomis's Avatar

Hollywood Duo
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
Hollywood Duo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Switch Back 9

No, why do you say that?

So many Muslims out there and they obviously know Muhammad. If they read the Quran they know about Jesus and Mary too.

Originally Posted by The Hamburglar

Sure thing bud

What are you objecting to?
nasax
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
nasax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hollywood Duo

Only because he is the the Quran. Otherwise it's be Muhammad by a landslide.

Is your question historically important or famous? Big difference.

And Moses is in the Torah, Bible and Quaran so the answer is Moses.
Arc
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
Arc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Santiako

That does not make him more famous.

Truuuuuue
rucury
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Kanye.

Originally Posted by Makonero

There's more evidence for Jesus existing than most people in history.

I don't believe thats true. Number of times mentioned in writing != confirmation of actual existence.
Dishwalla
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Dishwalla's Avatar

Originally Posted by nomis


Okay there has to be a cobranded restaurant of these two chains somewhere.
Maxey
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Maxey's Avatar
Y'all say Jesus but it's really The Beatles.
Makonero
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Makonero's Avatar

Originally Posted by nasax

And Moses is in the Torah, Bible and Quaran so the answer is Moses.

uh adam is in all of those too right so it's clearly him

Originally Posted by Maxey

Y'all say Jesus but it's really The Beatles.

i did hear they were bigger than Jesus, must be true
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(04-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Ninja Scooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hollywood Duo

Only because he is the the Quran. Otherwise it's be Muhammad by a landslide.
.

Jesus got features and his solo shit went diamond.
Mimosa97
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:30 AM)
Mimosa97's Avatar
Religious figure : Jesus
Historical figure : Hitler
Entertainer : Michael Jackson
Sportstar : Mohamed Ali
Scientist : Einstein
Peltz
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:30 AM)
Peltz's Avatar
That we know existed for sure? Muhammad.

Or maybe Obama.
Andrew Korenchkin
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:30 AM)
Andrew Korenchkin's Avatar
Kanye West.
iMax
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:30 AM)
iMax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hollywood Duo

So many Muslims out there and they obviously know Muhammad. If they read the Quran they know about Jesus and Mary too.


What are you objecting to?

I'm confused. Are you saying that people can't be aware of multiple religious texts?
Hollywood Duo
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:30 AM)
Hollywood Duo's Avatar

Originally Posted by nasax

And Moses is in the Torah, Bible and Quaran so the answer is Moses.

I'm open to that line of thinking. Religion has dominated world history for millennia
Mimosa97
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:31 AM)
Mimosa97's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hollywood Duo

Only because he is the the Quran. Otherwise it's be Muhammad by a landslide.

There are more christians than muslims in the world
Ventara
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:31 AM)
Ventara's Avatar
Michael Jackson

Thread Tools