• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(09-03-2009, 04:40 AM)
Cooter's Avatar
So I'm finally in a position to purchase a gun. Check this sweet thing out.







http://www.glock.com/english/glock26.htm

It's perfect for what I want, a small weapon easily concealed for those late nights coming out of the casino. It shouldn't be more than $800 after the gun, bullets, holster, concealed permit, and registration.

Anyone one own one and have any thoughts they would like to share?
methos75
Banned
(09-03-2009, 04:41 AM)
methos75's Avatar
nice, I use one as my duty weapon.
nomster
Member
(09-03-2009, 04:42 AM)
nomster's Avatar
thought they didn't let people conceal or carry in a casino
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(09-03-2009, 04:44 AM)
Cooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by nomster

thought they didn't let people conceal or carry in a casino

They do I believe but I can check it at the cage and get it when I leave.
Pandaman
Everything is moe to me
(09-03-2009, 04:44 AM)
Pandaman's Avatar
When has a gun owner lurking somewhere ever been good news?
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(09-03-2009, 04:44 AM)
Kaako's Avatar
Don't own any guns, but I <3 shooting range with discs and shotguns. I was there once for 2 hours straight and my lower shoulder felt a bit numb after a while. It was fuck-awesome though, shooting multiple discs and shit.

I will never go hunting though; just can't take the life of another mammal/bird.
DiscoNaldo
Member
(09-03-2009, 04:44 AM)
DiscoNaldo's Avatar
Don't take it to a townhall meeting. People tend to have shitfits over stuff like that.
i_am_ben
running_here_and_there
(09-03-2009, 04:45 AM)
i_am_ben's Avatar
my father has one I believe. Contrary to popular belief Australia does have guns :lol


That said, it's more an Heirloom from his childhood more than anything. I've never even seen it nor has he used it in the last 25 years.
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(09-03-2009, 04:45 AM)
Cooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by DiscoNaldo

Don't take it to a townhall meeting. People tend to have shitfits over stuff like that.

I could if I want. I don't plan on wearing it on my hip unconcealed.
Lionheart1827
Lionheart: 1827
Cancer: 0
(09-03-2009, 04:46 AM)
Lionheart1827's Avatar
Awesomeness. I've considered making a gun thread but GAF would end up shitting the thread up with gun law debates.

With that said, I have a Marlin 270win bolt action. Sweet rifle. I also have my Marlin 795 .22 in stainless steel. Planning on getting an M1 Garand soon.
methos75
Banned
(09-03-2009, 04:46 AM)
methos75's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

Don't own any guns, but I <3 shooting range with discs and shotguns. I was there once for 2 hours straight and my lower shoulder felt a bit numb after a while. It was fuck-awesome though, shooting multiple discs and shit.

I will never go hunting though; just can't take the life of another mammal/bird.

go Gator hunting then:lol
Anasui Kishibe
Banned
(09-03-2009, 04:47 AM)
Anasui Kishibe's Avatar
this will deffo end well
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(09-03-2009, 04:49 AM)
Cooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anasui Kishibe

this will deffo end well


It should be fine. Everything is perfectly legal and this isn't a gun control thread.
WickedAngel
Banned
(09-03-2009, 04:49 AM)
I have a Ruger LCP.

Originally Posted by Cooter

It should be fine. Everything is perfectly legal and this isn't a gun control thread.

It will still happen. All it will take is one person to come in here and say the magic words (Which is an inevitability).
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(09-03-2009, 04:50 AM)
Kaako's Avatar

Originally Posted by methos75

go Gator hunting then:lol

Only acceptable way is to go bare hands. The rest is for pussies.
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(09-03-2009, 04:50 AM)
Cooter's Avatar
Nice looking piece Wicked. How long have you had it? Has it held up well?
methos75
Banned
(09-03-2009, 04:53 AM)
methos75's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

Only acceptable way is to go bare hands. The rest is for pussies.

What if I use a leathermen?
KHarvey16
hopelessly misguided
(09-03-2009, 04:55 AM)
KHarvey16's Avatar

Originally Posted by methos75

What if I use a leathermen?

Only if he doesn't eat you while you get it out of your PURSE!








:D
methos75
Banned
(09-03-2009, 04:57 AM)
methos75's Avatar

Originally Posted by KHarvey16

Only if he doesn't eat you while you get it out of your PURSE!








:D


Its not a PURSE, its a fanny pack lol
cubanb
Banned
(09-03-2009, 04:58 AM)
I want to get me one soon. Not sure whether to get a rifle, shotgun or pistol. I suppose all are needed in the apocalypse. I will hide them all in my wall!
Zyzyxxz
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:00 AM)
Zyzyxxz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cooter

So I'm finally in a position to purchase a gun. Check this sweet thing out.







http://www.glock.com/english/glock26.htm

It's perfect for what I want, a small weapon easily concealed for those late nights coming out of the casino. It shouldn't be more than $800 after the gun, bullets, holster, concealed permit, and registration.

Anyone own one and have any thoughts they would like to share?

can't go wrong with a glock.

I'm not really into guns for self protection but I just wanna own them for collectors sake and to take them out to the range once in a while.

I have to say after playing so many WWII games I must get a M1 Garand sometime in my life
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(09-03-2009, 05:01 AM)
Kaako's Avatar
You guys are too much. :lol :lol
Arcane Hayter
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:11 AM)
Arcane Hayter's Avatar
I currently have a Springfield GI 1911 in stainless, but I'm in the market for a decent 9mm. The .45 is so expensive to have fun with.
grumble
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:13 AM)
What are the reasons for you to own a gun? I'm not trying to start a gun debate, I'm just curious since I come from a culture which does not encourage gun ownership.
methos75
Banned
(09-03-2009, 05:14 AM)
methos75's Avatar

Originally Posted by grumble

What are the reasons for you to own a gun? I'm not trying to start a gun debate, I'm just curious since I come from a culture which does not encourage gun ownership.

Well I use them for my Job and hunting, but most buy them for self protection.
Aselith
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:16 AM)
Aselith's Avatar
I would like to get a Five Seven someday.




Originally Posted by grumble

What are the reasons for you to own a gun? I'm not trying to start a gun debate, I'm just curious since I come from a culture which does not encourage gun ownership.

Beyond the personal protection or hunting aspect, guns are fun to shoot.
Lionheart1827
Lionheart: 1827
Cancer: 0
(09-03-2009, 05:17 AM)
Lionheart1827's Avatar

Originally Posted by grumble

What are the reasons for you to own a gun? I'm not trying to start a gun debate, I'm just curious since I come from a culture which does not encourage gun ownership.

The same reason you play videogames. Just for fun. I just go for shooting at a range. It's pretty relaxing once you start getting used to it. I also have a shotgun for home defense. Had a break in a few years ago. Not taking any chances.
Zyzyxxz
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:17 AM)
Zyzyxxz's Avatar

Originally Posted by grumble

What are the reasons for you to own a gun? I'm not trying to start a gun debate, I'm just curious since I come from a culture which does not encourage gun ownership.

I don't really believe you need one for self defense as sometimes it can really complicate things, a good security system is often a good deterrent. In my town there was a string of home burglaries and most of the affected homes had no security system.

Also if you shoot and kill someone who was in your home its just a messy situation as they will investigate it and then there's the fact that you killed someone regardless of whether they were stealing from you.

For me I love the destructive nature of guns, its a good way to unwind but it should definitely be much more strict to obtain them, just my views as I'm pro gun control but I also love them rifles.

I'm really hoping I can get myself a Mossberg M500 for disc shooting sometime in the future.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(09-03-2009, 05:24 AM)
HylianTom's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aselith

I would like to get a Five Seven someday.

[IMG]*sweet piece of metal*[/IMG]

It will be mine - oh yes - it will be mine.



Hopefully by the end of the year. Merry Christmas to ME!

Originally Posted by grumble

What are the reasons for you to own a gun? I'm not trying to start a gun debate, I'm just curious since I come from a culture which does not encourage gun ownership.

A lot of people in my neck of the woods "don't take too kindly to my type" (it sounds good when you say it with a redneck accent), even if you keep to yourself. So I like the idea of being able to protect myself. Castle law FTW.
Last edited by HylianTom; 09-03-2009 at 05:33 AM.
atkbob
Banned
(09-03-2009, 05:29 AM)
Wow, you frequent casinos and you want a gun. I'm completely surprised.
mAcOdIn
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:31 AM)
mAcOdIn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zyzyxxz

can't go wrong with a glock.

I'm not really into guns for self protection but I just wanna own them for collectors sake and to take them out to the range once in a while.

I have to say after playing so many WWII games I must get a M1 Garand sometime in my life

My ex room mate had one the fucking bastard, although I'd rather get a M-14.

Here's what I have:
A Marlin 30-30 lever action rifle.
Piggus
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:32 AM)
Piggus's Avatar
I currently have the following (most are stock images since I keep a few of them in my grandpa's safe and don't feel like pulling everything out right now ;p)

Beretta M92D Centurion 9mm handgun


New England Firearms Handi-Rifle .243 break-barrel rifle


Ruger M77 .243 bolt-action rifle (stock image)


1943 Mosin Nagant M91/30 7.62x54r bolt-action rifle (stock image)


Browning Citori Lightning 12 gauge over-under shotgun (stock image) This is one of the only guns I have where the value is steadily rising. Last appraisal was almost $2000, so I'll be taking good care of it.


Ithaca Model 37 20 gauge ultra-featherlight shotgun (stock image, with slightly different details)


Remington Model 34 .22 bolt-action rifle (stock image)


Winchester Model 250 .22 lever-action rifle


I think that's it.
Last edited by Piggus; 08-02-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Lionheart1827
Lionheart: 1827
Cancer: 0
(09-03-2009, 05:33 AM)
Lionheart1827's Avatar

Originally Posted by mAcOdIn

My ex room mate had one the fucking bastard, although I'd rather get a M-14.

Here's what I have:
A Marlin 30-30 lever action rifle.

Nice.

Yeah I want to get a new Springfield M1A(civilian version of the M14) but they fetch a high price around 1700 or so.

EDIT-to guy above, nice mosin nagant. I'd like to get one myself one day.
i_am_ben
running_here_and_there
(09-03-2009, 05:38 AM)
i_am_ben's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

Only acceptable way is to go bare hands. The rest is for pussies.


[IMG]http://i34.************/24pwa37.jpg[/IMG]


Steve agrees.
Xeke
Banned
(09-03-2009, 05:43 AM)
Xeke's Avatar
How much could I get a decent shotgun for?
Piggus
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:43 AM)
Piggus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lionheart1827

Nice.

Yeah I want to get a new Springfield M1A(civilian version of the M14) but they fetch a high price around 1700 or so.

EDIT-to guy above, nice mosin nagant. I'd like to get one myself one day.

It really is a lot of fun. I bought it just two days ago, actually. It's the only gun I've ever payed for. Everything else was given to me. But for $99 (and it came with all the stuff in the picture plus an extra ammo pouch) you really can't go wrong. Not to mention ammo for it is dirt cheap if you buy the old surplus stuff made in the 70s and 80s (just make sure to clean the gun afterwards.)

My friend and I took it to the range the day I got it and were hitting tiny clay disks people had left there (and presumably missed) from about 100 yards with open sights. be sure to wear ear protection though because it's VERY loud lol.

Originally Posted by Xeke

How much could I get a decent shotgun for?

If I had to buy a new shotgun I'd spend ~$200 and get a Mossberg 500. It can be customized in many different ways and replacement parts are cheap (especially the barrel when compared to something like the Remington 870.)
srst
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:43 AM)
I have a MP5 A5 airsoft :(
Zeke
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:44 AM)
Zeke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Piggus

I currently have the following (most are stock images since I keep a few of them in my grandpa's safe and don't feel like pulling everything out right now ;p)
1943 Mosin Nagant M91/30 7.62x54r bolt-action rifle (stock image)

I looked into getting one of these a few years ago they were selling for between 50 and 75 looked a little more recently and the price is up to 100+

Originally Posted by Xeke

How much could I get a decent shotgun for?

about 300 gun show would be your best bet
mAcOdIn
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:48 AM)
mAcOdIn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lionheart1827

Nice.

Yeah I want to get a new Springfield M1A(civilian version of the M14) but they fetch a high price around 1700 or so.

EDIT-to guy above, nice mosin nagant. I'd like to get one myself one day.

I looked at those, Jesus they are high, great rifles that are accurate and sturdy, it's worth the money, I just don't have it.

Regarding the M1 Garand, the government sales some here: http://www.thecmp.org/m1garand.htm

They get a lot back from countries we've given them to over the years and sell them to the public.

Originally Posted by Piggus

I currently have the following (most are stock images since I keep a few of them in my grandpa's safe and don't feel like pulling everything out right now ;p)

Beretta M92D Centurion 9mm handgun

Custom Remington 870 Express 12 gauge shotgun

New England Firearms Handi-Rifle .243 break-barrel rifle

Ruger M77 .243 bolt-action rifle (stock image)

1943 Mosin Nagant M91/30 7.62x54r bolt-action rifle (stock image)

Browning Citori Lightning 12 gauge over-under shotgun (stock image) This is one of the only guns I have where the value is steadily rising. Last appraisal was almost $2000, so I'll be taking good care of it.

Ithaca Model 37 20 gauge ultra-featherlight shotgun (stock image, with slightly different details)

Remington Model 34 .22 bolt-action rifle (stock image)

Winchester Model 250 .22 lever-action rifle

I think that's it.

I don't know if I hate you or want to have your babies.
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(09-03-2009, 05:48 AM)
Cooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by atkbob

Wow, you frequent casinos and you want a gun. I'm completely surprised.

:lol

Something wrong with poker too?
Lionheart1827
Lionheart: 1827
Cancer: 0
(09-03-2009, 05:49 AM)
Lionheart1827's Avatar

Originally Posted by Piggus

It really is a lot of fun. I bought it just two days ago, actually. It's the only gun I've ever payed for. Everything else was given to me. But for $99 (and it came with all the stuff in the picture plus an extra ammo pouch) you really can't go wrong. Not to mention ammo for it is dirt cheap if you buy the old surplus stuff made in the 70s and 80s (just make sure to clean the gun afterwards.)

My friend and I took it to the range the day I got it and were hitting tiny clay disks people had left there (and presumably missed) from about 100 yards with open sights. be sure to wear ear protection though because it's VERY loud lol.

Thats sweet. I was reading somewhere that aiming is a lot more stable when you have the bayonet attached to that gun, which is usually the complete opposite with other guns.

I need to go look around and see if I can find one somewhere.
Lionheart1827
Lionheart: 1827
Cancer: 0
(09-03-2009, 05:52 AM)
Lionheart1827's Avatar

Originally Posted by mAcOdIn

I looked at those, Jesus they are high, great rifles that are accurate and sturdy, it's worth the money, I just don't have it.

Regarding the M1 Garand, the government sales some here: http://www.thecmp.org/m1garand.htm

They get a lot back from countries we've given them to over the years and sell them to the public.

I don't know if I hate you or want to have your babies.

Yeah I saw the CMP thing, but if you read the guidelines you have to have a membership with a CMP affiliated club and also have proof of participating in a marksman class/safe handling course/etc etc etc, it lists it on the site. I just dont feel like going through that. However, a few gun shops around here stock garands, so I'm gonna check those before anything.
Piggus
Member
(09-03-2009, 05:55 AM)
Piggus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lionheart1827

Thats sweet. I was reading somewhere that aiming is a lot more stable when you have the bayonet attached to that gun, which is usually the complete opposite with other guns.

I need to go look around and see if I can find one somewhere.

That's with the M44 Carbine model I believe. My grandpa has one. The bayonet on it folds out and you're suppose to fire it while extended since keeping it folded somehow changes the harmonics of the barrel and it fires slightly off target. The grouping of shots remains the same though. With mine, I just keep the bayonet off completely since it's REALLY hard to get off once it's on (which was actually intentional in the original design.)
Triz
(09-03-2009, 05:56 AM)
My Sweet home defense / target range friend.

Beretta 9mm FS

Lionheart1827
Lionheart: 1827
Cancer: 0
(09-03-2009, 06:00 AM)
Lionheart1827's Avatar

Originally Posted by Triz

My Sweet home defense / target range friend.

Beretta 9mm FS

Once I get my pistol license, thats what I'm going for. :D
Zeke
Member
(09-03-2009, 06:02 AM)
Zeke's Avatar
I don't have a camera but this is similar to what I have US Springfield Model 1878 trapdoor. The barrel on mine is shorter then the one pictured below.
[IMG]http://i32.************/11imn0o.jpg[/IMG]
WickedAngel
Banned
(09-03-2009, 06:04 AM)
Pistols and rifles aren't really good for home defense.
xbhaskarx
Banned
(09-03-2009, 06:06 AM)
xbhaskarx's Avatar
Don't get a Glock, they suck.

I have a SIG p226 Equinox:


Lionheart1827
Lionheart: 1827
Cancer: 0
(09-03-2009, 06:06 AM)
Lionheart1827's Avatar

Originally Posted by WickedAngel

Pistols and rifles aren't really good for home defense.

Nope but shotguns are. :)
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(09-03-2009, 06:07 AM)
Cooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by xbhaskarx

Don't get a Glock, they suck.

I have a SIG p226 Equinox:


Can you elaborate just a bit? Why do they suck?

Thread Tools