• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Terrorblot
(03-07-2017, 04:00 PM)
I feel like the worst trans ever. I haven't been able to get my Estradiol Valerate prescription filled in like, a month and a half. I've just been taking leftover pills from when I was on them instead, and now those are out too, so I've only been taking Spiro the last week. Everytime I try filling the prescription they tell me no problem but it'll take a day and then 48 hours later they tell me they can't fill it. I've tried Walgreens / CVS / and a local pharmacy and the same thing happens everytime. I know I need to call my doctor and get this figured out but I just keep putting it off and putting it off. :\

Also, to top it all off, when I switched over to injections I was supposed to go back to check levels and I just never went back / got it done, so I've been injecting for like a year now without any idea what my levels are at. And I've been smoking. I don't know how to stop / set everything right.
Beth Cyra
(03-07-2017, 05:01 PM)

Originally Posted by driggonny

I actually think I look pretty good as a dude. It's just not what I want. If I met someone who looked exactly like me (without the creepy feeling of someone looking exactly like me) I'd probably call him cute. But for some reason I feel ugly :/

Well what looks good on others never works for us as individuals.

Like I have two very certain people in this thread who fight me everyday saying I look decent but I think I look like an ugly brute (thought the brute part does make me happy) because its just not what I want for me.

Im stuck because I don't know how to get to being me that I both like and is actually obtainable.
Silvawuff
(03-07-2017, 05:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Terrorblot

I feel like the worst trans ever. I haven't been able to get my Estradiol Valerate prescription filled in like, a month and a half. I've just been taking leftover pills from when I was on them instead, and now those are out too, so I've only been taking Spiro the last week. Everytime I try filling the prescription they tell me no problem but it'll take a day and then 48 hours later they tell me they can't fill it. I've tried Walgreens / CVS / and a local pharmacy and the same thing happens everytime. I know I need to call my doctor and get this figured out but I just keep putting it off and putting it off. :\

Also, to top it all off, when I switched over to injections I was supposed to go back to check levels and I just never went back / got it done, so I've been injecting for like a year now without any idea what my levels are at. And I've been smoking. I don't know how to stop / set everything right.

They're probably not able to fill it because there's a big national shortage in the US right now, that's been happening since the middle of last year. I've got enough to last through most of this year and I'm hoping that this'll resolve by then.

I missed my spiro for a day once at the end of my injection cycle, and I crashed pretty hard. I'm absolutely dreading coming off mones for two weeks before SRS.

Driggo - I'm really happy that you're making some important mental headway here! I would search online for a suitable, local therapist that deals specifically with trans-related stuff; your experience will be night and day if you're talking with someone who knows what they're actually talking about. It sounds to me you are ready to start making some important decisions.

Beth - I think you look great, babe, so add me as a third person who will fight you over your looks. I really think subtlety is key when it comes to passing, so if you feel you aren't, maybe try some new clothes, hair, or makeup that doesn't call attention. You'll find no people dressed at a grocery store that look like they're ready to go on a night out. (I'm not saying you do this, this is just a personal thing I've learned in my own experience -- I've gone to the aforementioned store wearing jeans, a sweater, no makeup and had my hair in a bun, and still passed somehow). You have to build confidence in yourself!
Last edited by Silvawuff; 03-07-2017 at 05:49 PM.
SpOOkyO
(03-07-2017, 09:54 PM)
I just had my one year anniversary of starting my journey. On March 3rd of 2016 I had my first session with a gender Therapist. Best decision ever. Took me while to come to Terms with who I'm. But it was the best decision ever. Next up a few minor surgeries on my leg an then it's on to HRT.
It's not easy, but I so love my life.
Celebratory Selfie.

And a little Collage of my Journey

driggonny
(03-07-2017, 10:13 PM)
Wow, only a year? :O I'm not yet really familiar with the transitioning process, but that seems impressive!
Beth Cyra
(03-07-2017, 10:16 PM)

Wow, only a year? :O I'm not yet really familiar with the transitioning process, but that seems impressive!

Transition is unique to each and every person.

Results will differ for each one of us :)
SpOOkyO
(03-07-2017, 10:34 PM)
Oh, the weightloss started before the coming out. The time difference between top left and bottom left pic is a little under two Years.
Subconsiencously I started earlier,but for real a Year ago. And been living fulltime since then.
I don't know if my Progress is fast, I feel it is way too slow.
At least I got rid of the worst dysphoria attacks, that made me want to literally cut the skin from my body.
Still have bouts here and there.
Luckily I have a pretty good and supportive family and friends.
Except for my Dad who still can really Deal with it.....
driggonny
(03-08-2017, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by SpOOkyO

Oh, the weightloss started before the coming out. The time difference between top left and bottom left pic is a little under two Years.
Subconsiencously I started earlier,but for real a Year ago. And been living fulltime since then.
I don't know if my Progress is fast, I feel it is way too slow.
At least I got rid of the worst dysphoria attacks, that made me want to literally cut the skin from my body.
Still have bouts here and there.
Luckily I have a pretty good and supportive family and friends.
Except for my Dad who still can really Deal with it.....

I'm sorry, that's understandable. I realize now that I don't want to hurt people with my ignorance. I'll try to pick my words more carefully. Suffice it to say, I think you great! :)
SpOOkyO
(03-08-2017, 02:08 AM)

I'm sorry, that's understandable. I realize now that I don't want to hurt people with my ignorance. I'll try to pick my words more carefully. Suffice it to say, I think you great! :)

Don't worry. I don't hurt that easily.
But Thank you and thank you for the compliment. 😄
driggonny
(03-08-2017, 07:06 PM)
It's hard to believe that it's only been 3 days since I started posting here. But it feels like it has been a long time coming. Being transgender makes so much sense at this point that I'm actually getting suspicious. It makes a bit too much sense to be true >.< I really do need a professional opinion though. I'm hesitant to label myself without that input.

Originally Posted by Silvawuff

Driggo - I'm really happy that you're making some important mental headway here! I would search online for a suitable, local therapist that deals specifically with trans-related stuff; your experience will be night and day if you're talking with someone who knows what they're actually talking about. It sounds to me you are ready to start making some important decisions.

I wasn't sure how to do it myself, but I started correspondence with the head of the LGBT resource center at my campus and I hope he can help me get in touch with a gender therapist.
Last edited by driggonny; 03-08-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Silvawuff
(03-08-2017, 10:27 PM)

It's hard to believe that it's only been 3 days since I started posting here. But it feels like it has been a long time coming. Being transgender makes so much sense at this point that I'm actually getting suspicious. It makes a bit too much sense to be true >.< I really do need a professional opinion though. I'm hesitant to label myself without that input.

I wasn't sure how to do it myself, but I started correspondence with the head of the LGBT resource center at my campus and I hope he can help me get in touch with a gender therapist.

You bring up an interesting point, because labels are just that...labels. I think it's perfectly reasonable to say that you're not entirely sure yet, and that's awesome! There is no real binary here -- transgender or not transgender. Maybe after you talk to some people and do your own mental footwork, you can decide how to be the most happy with yourself, regardless of whatever camp that might place you in for the sake of a label.

When I first met my (good) therapist, she handed me a sheet with a sliding scale of how I currently identified on the gender spectrum, and there were multiple things to pick underneath that umbrella. It's a fluid thing that can change as you discover more about yourself and how you feel as a person.
driggonny
(03-09-2017, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Silvawuff

You bring up an interesting point, because labels are just that...labels. I think it's perfectly reasonable to say that you're not entirely sure yet, and that's awesome! There is no real binary here -- transgender or not transgender. Maybe after you talk to some people and do your own mental footwork, you can decide how to be the most happy with yourself, regardless of whatever camp that might place you in for the sake of a label.

When I first met my (good) therapist, she handed me a sheet with a sliding scale of how I currently identified on the gender spectrum, and there were multiple things to pick underneath that umbrella. It's a fluid thing that can change as you discover more about yourself and how you feel as a person.

You're completely right, and I'm trying to be sensible in how I do this, but it's killing me not to label myself. I hate not understanding myself. I'm feeling terribly impatient atm.

I think labels are great in the sense that, if I could find out what label I identify with, then I could have a much better understanding of what I should be doing to achieve what I want. I just don't necessarily trust myself to make that decision on my own, even with online feedback.

I just wish that guy would email me back already ;_;
Last edited by driggonny; 03-09-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Butterfly Witch
(03-09-2017, 01:11 AM)
I think a therapist can be an important tool to help but please be wary of needing confirmation.

You don't need someone to tell you if you like mayo or the color red in the same way you don't need someone to tell you who you are. I'd say take the time to talk to members of the trans community, learn and ask questions as that is the best way to get answers.

I'm going to disagree with Silvawulf in the aspect that being trans is binary. You're either cis or you're trans. If you identify with the gender given to you at birth then you are cis, if you don't then you are trans. That aspect is pretty cut and dry.

I'd say that different trans people have different goals and that being trans doesn't necessarily imply that you want to present as male or female, you can certainly be non-binary or even gender fluid but if you don't identify with your gender as assigned at birth then you're still trans.

This is why I personally dislike the stereotypical "MtF/FtM" designations as they are overly simplistic and can also imply that one was "once a man and now a woman" when in reality trans women have always been women from birth, they just may have not presented as such.

Personally, I rather use the AFAB/AMAB designations because they're more accurate and inclusive for intersex, non-binary and gender fluid folk. Assigned Female At Birth, Assigned Male At Birth.

Just because you were assigned male at birth and are trans it doesn't mean you want to "be" a woman, you could be non-binary, agender, etc.
driggonny
(03-09-2017, 09:33 PM)
Okay, I feel fairly comfortable in saying that I think I'm a transgender woman at this point.

I've made an appointment with a therapist on campus who was specifically recommended to me by the head of the LGBT resource center on my campus so I hope that bodes well for her knowledge on the subject. It's in two weeks because of spring break.

I'll try to be assertive with how I feel because I've often felt that I clam up during sessions and that it takes longer for me to get the help I need because the therapist doesn't realize the extent to which I am affected by my issues.

Unless she can bring up a valid alternative reason as to why I have practically felt like a woman for my whole life, to the point of wondering if I'm accidentally ingesting estrogen through the tap water, then I'm going to go ahead with my new reality.
Last edited by driggonny; 03-09-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Misha
(03-10-2017, 03:55 PM)

Okay, I feel fairly comfortable in saying that I think I'm a transgender woman at this point.

I've made an appointment with a therapist on campus who was specifically recommended to me by the head of the LGBT resource center on my campus so I hope that bodes well for her knowledge on the subject. It's in two weeks because of spring break.

I'll try to be assertive with how I feel because I've often felt that I clam up during sessions and that it takes longer for me to get the help I need because the therapist doesn't realize the extent to which I am affected by my issues.

Unless she can bring up a valid alternative reason as to why I have practically felt like a woman for my whole life, to the point of wondering if I'm accidentally ingesting estrogen through the tap water, then I'm going to go ahead with my new reality.

If your therapist is good for LGBT then they'll likely encourage you to speak up. I've had a couple that were good like that and a couple that went the more "are you sure?" Route. Both meant well but the former let me speak up and the latter made me doubt yourself. Definitely prepare yourself to remain strong in what you want to say but you shouldn't need to.

Ingesting estrogen wouldn't make you feel more like a woman if you weren't one, it would make you just feel more uncomfortable. (Also never let someone tell that to you as a real reason. "There's something in the water" is a real thing people use to descredit LGBT people)
driggonny
(03-10-2017, 04:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Misha

If your therapist is good for LGBT then they'll likely encourage you to speak up. I've had a couple that were good like that and a couple that went the more "are you sure?" Route. Both meant well but the former let me speak up and the latter made me doubt yourself. Definitely prepare yourself to remain strong in what you want to say but you shouldn't need to.

Ingesting estrogen wouldn't make you feel more like a woman if you weren't one, it would make you just feel more uncomfortable. (Also never let someone tell that to you as a real reason. "There's something in the water" is a real thing people use to descredit LGBT people)

I'm sorry, I was joking with the water thing. But I have legitimately had that thought in my life so I was kind of poking fun at myself :P

I suppose those are the kind of thoughts you have when you don't understand your feelings at all.
Misha
(03-10-2017, 08:25 PM)

I'm sorry, I was joking with the water thing. But I have legitimately had that thought in my life so I was kind of poking fun at myself :P

I suppose those are the kind of thoughts you have when you don't understand your feelings at all.

No need to apologize! I kinda figured that but just wanted to add that since it's something that gets reinforced by people who mean harm.

The other thing that I realized in the last few years is that we are a result of our environment in so many ways anyway that it really wouldn't matter if somehow water changed a large portion of your identity. It happens all the time but just not for things we notice.
Silvawuff
(03-11-2017, 04:45 AM)
Butterfly Witch - you bring up some interesting points about trans and the semantics surrounding it. I personally don't even like the term "cis" because it's reinforcing a binary and the "otherism" behind gender-whatever people.

We're all human beings that deserve to be treated the same as everyone else, regardless of how we identify. What it means to be transgender and how you feel about yourself, regardless of label, is strictly up to you! I say this because gender and how people relate to it is a huge spectrum with so many different facets and aspects to it, it's almost a shame to try to reduce it to a single binary. Our sense of self, how we identify, and how we present and interact with people is too complex to narrow it down in such a way.

Driggo -- my best advice is go in to the meeting and be honest with yourself. This isn't a quiz or a test; you don't have to "prove" anything. You're figuring out some important things about yourself. Hopefully the therapist will have experience with this and will be able to give you some solid things to think about that will help you feel better. If you come out feeling worse than you did going in (or you felt like you didn't "click" with them), you can always ask to speak to someone else about this or get a referral. You're not locked into having to talk to anyone about anything, and if you're uncomfortable, make sure you share this and tell them why. Advocate for yourself!
Last edited by Silvawuff; 03-11-2017 at 05:01 AM.
Terrorblot
(03-19-2017, 01:36 PM)
Finally got my Estradiol restocked and the doctor mailed out my gender marker forms and letters! Getting stuff done feels great sometimes. Next one my checklist is actually starting Electro / Laser and working on my voice. I've been on HRT for like 1 1/2 and have been completely out for most of it and I still haven't bothered with either, haha.
mollipen
(03-19-2017, 10:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Terrorblot

Finally got my Estradiol restocked and the doctor mailed out my gender marker forms and letters! Getting stuff done feels great sometimes. Next one my checklist is actually starting Electro / Laser and working on my voice. I've been on HRT for like 1 1/2 and have been completely out for most of it and I still haven't bothered with either, haha.

Yikes—good luck if you go the electrolysis route. It definitely hurts me more now than when I was doing it pre-HRT. Also, depending on your situation, it can take a while. I started it in April 2013 doing once a week appointments, and I'm still not done yet. (Though, at this point, I'm once every three weeks due to not having enough left to do more often.)
AppleSeason
(03-20-2017, 11:59 AM)
Happy three months SRS anniversary... Supposedly I can have a normal life again, but the truth is...

- Dilation cut to two days leaves me with far more freedom, but every remaining session is harder and shittier

- Not a lot of sensitivity or capacity to orgasm. And toying with it seems like asking for trouble. I feel like it still needs more healing. I had a pretty good initial healing, but then things slowed down a lot.

- I'm still going through low self steem and being extremely conscious about my body. Not passing, I am still afraid of dating without disclosing before meeting. scars are big enough to get me clocked if I reached that point

- I seem to have gone full lesbian to the point of a massive dislike for men and being repulsed by penises. Even realistic dildos feel gross and disgusting.
Rösti
(03-20-2017, 08:55 PM)

Originally Posted by AppleSeason

- I'm still going through low self steem and being extremely conscious about my body. Not passing, I am still afraid of dating without disclosing before meeting. scars are big enough to get me clocked if I reached that point

I can only speak for myself, but judging from the few photos I've seen of you I think you look perfectly fine/passing. Of course, most important is what you personally think.

Congrats on the anniversary also.
Beth Cyra
(03-20-2017, 09:08 PM)

Happy three months SRS anniversary... Supposedly I can have a normal life again, but the truth is...

- Dilation cut to two days leaves me with far more freedom, but every remaining session is harder and shittier

- Not a lot of sensitivity or capacity to orgasm. And toying with it seems like asking for trouble. I feel like it still needs more healing. I had a pretty good initial healing, but then things slowed down a lot.

- I seem to have gone full lesbian to the point of a massive dislike for men and being repulsed by penises. Even realistic dildos feel gross and disgusting.

The full lesbian one seems common at least for a while between many of us that have go through lower surgery.

Granted I can't speak for them and I was pretty much a man hater by the majority of those who knew me before hand so I didn't experience much of a change.

I have read though that this can be something that passes and you will swing back to a more even keel and then there are folk who only grow to dislike men even more.

Good luck Apple and hopefully you continue to heal well.
AppleSeason
(03-20-2017, 09:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Beth Cyra

The full lesbian one seems common at least for a while between many of us that have go through lower surgery.

Granted I can't speak for them and I was pretty much a man hater by the majority of those who knew me before hand so I didn't experience much of a change.

I have read though that this can be something that passes and you will swing back to a more even keel and then there are folk who only grow to dislike men even more.

Good luck Apple and hopefully you continue to heal well.

I was dick curious, at least in the first month. Not anymore, tbh. And I haven't been so devoid of doubts or dick-curious since my macho man days. And getting a dislike for dicks is a problem when open to dating other transwomen. It's like I am turning myself into one of the cis lesbians that would stop talking to me when they found out. Absolutely not good.

Speaking of the trans, my therapist left me a message today. Apparently I am to expect a call from a starting transwoman needing advice and guidance. i guess I have to pay back after all the free therapy I got.
Platy
(03-20-2017, 10:14 PM)

This seems to be a plot hole here .... or are you meeting people you found on GAF or any other non pic place ?
Beth Cyra
(03-21-2017, 01:53 AM)

I was dick curious, at least in the first month. Not anymore, tbh. And I haven't been so devoid of doubts or dick-curious since my macho man days. And getting a dislike for dicks is a problem when open to dating other transwomen. It's like I am turning myself into one of the cis lesbians that would stop talking to me when they found out. Absolutely not good.

Speaking of the trans, my therapist left me a message today. Apparently I am to expect a call from a starting transwoman needing advice and guidance. i guess I have to pay back after all the free therapy I got.

I'm pretty close to those Cis lesbian bitches that are really judgemental, not a good thing but it's true.

Trans Womwn I'm still attracted to so long as they meet whatever internal meter I have that says they are fem enough regardless of their gentitals.

Like I'm just really into the lipstick fem persona, I have as much interest in a butch lesbian as I do a man, and that has only become more cemented post surgery.

The problem is as I bulk out and more anger builds I'm slowly acting and dressing more butch so I'm not only am I a bitch I'm a hypocritical bitch.
AppleSeason
(03-21-2017, 10:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Platy

This seems to be a plot hole here .... or are you meeting people you found on GAF or any other non pic place ?

Online dating. I pass 90% of the time in pictures (angles and that shit). See me in person and you will soon notice the obvious, from voice to body shape. I'm not exactly tiny..
SpOOkyO
(03-22-2017, 01:03 AM)

Online dating. I pass 90% of the time in pictures (angles and that shit). See me in person and you will soon notice the obvious, from voice to body shape. I'm not exactly tiny..

I know how this feels 100% and it is what is stopping me from dating. I'm really scared of it.
Beth Cyra
(03-22-2017, 02:38 AM)

I know how this feels 100% and it is what is stopping me from dating. I'm really scared of it.

I tried dating for a bit locally but I was just not what peeps where looking for (well got many offered by men actually) so I ended up giving up quickly.

Still good luck to y'all I hope it's a smoother experience for ya ladies.
Dai101
(03-22-2017, 02:51 AM)

Understandable, but give it a try, just be safe. Not all us cis-males are that bad. Nor all of us bite...

Unless you want to it ;-P

I tried dating for a bit locally but I was just not what peeps where looking for (well got many offered by men actually) so I ended up giving up quickly.

Still good luck to y'all I hope it's a smoother experience for ya ladies.

Yep. Best of luck to ya'll lovely ladies.

Best to you too Beth ;-)
SpOOkyO
(03-22-2017, 10:26 AM)
Maybe it is just in my head. I'm hyper critical of my body and my looks.
I'm always upfront about me being transgender, some guys and galt are ok and want to meet.
But somehow I always cancel before a first date happens.
Just writing this right now, makes me feel anxious and Paniky....lol, I'm such a muss.
Creepy
(03-22-2017, 11:33 AM)

Maybe it is just in my head. I'm hyper critical of my body and my looks.
I'm always upfront about me being transgender, some guys and galt are ok and want to meet.
But somehow I always cancel before a first date happens.
Just writing this right now, makes me feel anxious and Paniky....lol, I'm such a muss.

I think you're very pretty.

I know me saying that wont change anything about how you feel, I know what it's like to have doubts about oneself.

But it's just the truth from a passing stranger.
SpOOkyO
(03-22-2017, 01:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Creepy

I think you're very pretty.

I know me saying that wont change anything about how you feel, I know what it's like to have doubts about oneself.

But it's just the truth from a passing stranger.

Thank you for the compliment. On my good days,that happen fortunatly, more often then the Bad days, I feel really confident.
And meeting New people is fun and I love socialize. It's just with dating that gets me.
Maybe I'm not ready yet.
Beth Cyra
(03-23-2017, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Dai101

Understandable, but give it a try, just be safe. Not all us cis-males are that bad. Nor all of us bite...

Unless you want to it ;-P

Yep. Best of luck to ya'll lovely ladies.

Best to you too Beth ;-)

Thanks Dai.

I have a huge change to presentation and look that will start this Saturday, it will be interesting to see how that goes over lol.
Dai101
(03-23-2017, 12:59 AM)

Thanks Dai.

I have a huge change to presentation and look that will start this Saturday, it will be interesting to see how that goes over lol.

Nice. Hope everything goes great for you.

And we also wanna see that new changes too ;-)