• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Rentahamster
Rodent Whores
(08-31-2011, 08:50 PM)
<3 that Kesha joke at the end.
parrotbeak
(08-31-2011, 08:57 PM)
Great thread, thanks for putting all of this in one place!
sixteen-bit
(08-31-2011, 09:01 PM)

Originally Posted by clip

Cop Dog, Baby's Day Out & First Contact at my place on Friday. You dudes in??

Yeah sure.
Jasoco
Banned
(08-31-2011, 09:56 PM)
Thanks for this thread! I love these guys.

Edit: Just watched the third Half in the Bag about Paul and Toronto Comicon. So good. Especially at the end when Jake Lloyd (Who for some reason looks a lot like Elijah Wood with facial hair now.) is in the background waving his arms in the air at the camera. He had no idea who those guys were. And it's hilarious. I hope when he got home that night he looked up RedLetterMedia. Actually, I hope he never does given what they said about him. lol
Last edited by Jasoco; 08-31-2011 at 11:03 PM.
funkystudent
(09-17-2011, 05:20 PM)
they just release a half in the bag with the people vs George lucas guy and they talk about star wars.... I figure red letter media and star wars is worth a bump.

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-th...rs-discussion/
Gui_PT
(09-17-2011, 10:30 PM)
Been waiting for that ever since they announced it on their facebook page. Thanks.
Sec0nd
(09-17-2011, 10:36 PM)
Loved the Star Wars reviews but I'm not so sure about the other stuff.
Evenball
(09-17-2011, 11:32 PM)
lol that interview was pretty good! Can't wait for part 2....
Big One
(09-17-2011, 11:34 PM)
Chris Evan's George Lucas cosplay cracks me up everytime, lololo. Can't wait for part 2.
Exclamation-One
(09-17-2011, 11:36 PM)
I haven't watched too many of Plinkett's reviews, but honestly, I felt his Star Wars reviews became needlessly bloated and self-indulgent with the rise of his popularity. The whole basement dweller/serial-killer shtick just got more outlandish and dragged things down. I started watching the 'sequel' with the hooker confronting him, but couldn't stomach it after very long.

I almost feel obligated to do my own 'fan edit' of the SW reviews.
clip
(09-17-2011, 11:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Big One

Rich Evan's George Lucas cosplay cracks me up everytime, lololo. Can't wait for part 2.

Fixzed.
clip
(09-17-2011, 11:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Exclamation-One

I haven't watched too many of Plinkett's reviews, but honestly, I felt his Star Wars reviews became needlessly bloated and self-indulgent with the rise of his popularity. The whole basement dweller/serial-killer shtick just got more outlandish and dragged things down. I started watching the 'sequel' with the hooker confronting him, but couldn't stomach it after very long.

I almost feel obligated to do my own 'fan edit' of the SW reviews.

He's actually toned it down and made it a little more coherent after complaints about it in the Phantom Menace reviews.
Nappuccino
(09-18-2011, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by clip

He's actually toned it down and made it a little more coherent after complaints about it in the Phantom Menace reviews.

I thought it was the worst in episode 2.

episode 3 pretty much doesn't have any of it.
Schmitty
(09-18-2011, 10:00 PM)
When is the Indy 4 review coming?
clip
(09-18-2011, 10:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Schmitty

No idea.
NukeDukem
Banned
(09-18-2011, 10:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Schmitty

Get out of my living room!
*knocks over beer bottles*
Hawkian
The Cryptarch's Bane
(09-18-2011, 10:17 PM)
Missed the Star Trek: The Star Trek review before. Awww yeah.
funkystudent
(09-22-2011, 12:23 AM)
paaaaaaaaarrrrrrt twoooooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8j6YAmElKls
Gui_PT
(09-22-2011, 12:26 AM)
YES!

Thanks
Skiptastic
(09-22-2011, 03:12 AM)
Awesome. Plus, they bring up a movie that was riffed in MST3K. :O
ezekial45
I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
(11-21-2011, 06:09 PM)
Jack and Jill review

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-th...jack-and-jill/

They actually go as far as calling Adam Sandler a con man, and cheating people with his crappy movies.
Rentahamster
Rodent Whores
(11-21-2011, 08:06 PM)

Originally Posted by ezekial45

Jack and Jill review

They actually go as far as calling Adam Sandler a con man, and cheating people with his crappy movies.

Hahaha, awesome.

The movie made them respect Michael Bay.
Gui_PT
(11-21-2011, 08:09 PM)
Wow they really had a go at him.

Amazing how cheap and unethical Adam Sandler can be(in their opinion =P)
Escape Goat
(11-21-2011, 08:10 PM)
*clicks thread "Please be a new review, please be a new review"*

*sees its the stupid version*

FFFUUUUUUUUUU
seat
(11-21-2011, 08:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Teh Hamburglar

*clicks thread "Please be a new review, please be a new review"*

*sees its the stupid version*

FFFUUUUUUUUUU

They're not Plinkett reviews (and how could those even be topped?), but Half in the Bag episodes are still extremely funny and entertaining.
Freshmaker
Banned
(11-21-2011, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by seat

They're not Plinkett reviews (and how could those even be topped?), but Half in the Bag episodes are still extremely funny and entertaining.

Especially in the case of Jack and Jill which they dismantled in two parts. Aside from cat sex, there's not a whole lot different in terms of content in this one.
sixteen-bit
(11-21-2011, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by ezekial45

Jack and Jill review

This film looks terrible. Can't wait to watch this.
Jexhius
In every age, in every place,
the deeds of men remain
the same
(11-21-2011, 09:00 PM)
Man, they really ripped this movie a new one. Not just from the actual 'how this movie is made' perspective, but also from everything about the movies production. Fascinating.
Chichikov
(11-21-2011, 10:11 PM)
That was great.
In my mind, by far the best Half in the Bag (and I like them in general).
But it also illustrates the greatest issue those reviews have - they only have access to the trailer, and their type of criticism works best if you show and tell, not only tell.

p.s.
79mil?
Holy shit.
Taichu
(11-21-2011, 10:27 PM)
I never really gave the non-Plinkett reviews a look before, but that was great! The last 10 minutes or so were especially hilarious.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(11-21-2011, 10:51 PM)
That was both the most amazing, yet depressing review of a film I've ever seen.
markot
Banned
(11-25-2011, 03:33 AM)
Plinketts take alot of time, but these half in the bags are great also imo >.<

I love it!
Makoto
(11-25-2011, 03:49 AM)
It's kind of interesting to see how much the Plinkett reviews have improved since the Star Trek 2009 review. I'm watching some of the Generations review (a review from around 2008) and it's pretty lifeless. The humor isn't quite there and Plinkett just sounds really bored. Really bored.
Skiptastic
(11-25-2011, 05:35 AM)
Sorry I didn't update this the last few episodes of HitB, but I didn't want to get people's hopes up of the Indy 4 review. I've updated the OP to reflect the new info. Also, apparently the RLM guys considered "Season One" of Half in the Bag over with the finish of the What's Your Number?/Black Ninja episode. So Jack & Jill is the first season two episode I suppose.
Lionel Mandrake
President & CEO of Mandrake Air
(11-25-2011, 07:24 AM)
J&J was the first HitB review I've watched. It was great. I liked it much more than I thought I would.
Log4Girlz
(11-25-2011, 08:52 AM)
The Phantom Menace reviews was one of the funniest things I had ever seen in my entire life. I laughed so damn hard when that came out.
rekameohs
(11-28-2011, 06:42 AM)
Part 2 of that Jack and Jill review is as amazing as a Plinkett review. Seriously.
Hawkian
The Cryptarch's Bane
(11-28-2011, 06:43 AM)
Yay!
a Master Ninja
for whom the Bell trolls
(11-28-2011, 07:50 AM)
This Jack and Jill analysis is both entertaining and depressing.
Anth0ny
(11-28-2011, 08:27 AM)
That was an amazing review. They tore that movie apart.
Majine
(11-28-2011, 09:18 AM)
Wow. I've never liked Adam Sandler but after that, this guy IS a con man.
B_Rik_Schitthaus
Banned
(11-28-2011, 09:40 AM)
One sad thing with the Jack and Jill review was when they were ripping it apart for how much product placement there was, the main guy then said that it made no sense for the character to use a PC based laptop, he then says he should have been using a Mac book, Ipad or Iphone,
this wasn't some meta gag, he meant it.
Even someone wise to productiveness has been warped by Apples PR to such a degree that they think doing work on a fucking Iphone is better then a laptop.
SpacedCadette
(11-28-2011, 09:56 AM)

Originally Posted by B_Rik_Schitthaus

One sad thing with the Jack and Jill review was when they were ripping it apart for how much product placement there was, the main guy then said that it made no sense for the character to use a PC based laptop, he then says he should have been using a Mac book, Ipad or Iphone,
this wasn't some meta gag, he meant it.
Even someone wise to productiveness has been warped by Apples PR to such a degree that they think doing work on a fucking Iphone is better then a laptop.

He didn't say or imply any of those things. He made one snarky, "Does anyone work on PC products anymore?" and then continued down the list of Sony products.
Night_Trekker
(11-28-2011, 10:09 AM)
I was ready to roll my eyes and laugh along at their Sandler-bashing (over a movie that I knew would deserve it, sight unseen), but I watched the entire review and I think they're probably right :(

More Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison, please. No more of... everything else.
DICKS AHOY
(11-28-2011, 10:17 AM)
Easily the most talented 'wacky video reviewer personalities' on the web, though even that half-arsed description isn't doing them enough justice considering all of their original content as well and frankly most 'wacky' online reviewers are pretty atrocious
Alpha-Bromega
(11-28-2011, 10:22 AM)
Half in the Bag is so awesome, they really did a great thing there. I was actually sad when the 'season' ended

I especially love how in depth they go into the actual production of movies, as in down to the lighting, camera position, editing, everything. It's not just a "this movie sucks! LOL!" it's pretty good analyses on not just the writing.
B_Rik_Schitthaus
Banned
(11-28-2011, 10:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Fetts_Jets

He didn't say or imply any of those things. He made one snarky, "Does anyone work on PC products anymore?" and then continued down the list of Sony products.

Starts at 10:32

"Even thought he's a trendy hip ad guy works on a Sony vio...does anyone work on PC products anymore? He doesn't have a Mac or an I pad or any of those devices."

the '...' Is w/ the other guy talks.

In a part of the show ripping JJ' for payed for advertising to do it for free with out even realizing it is a trucking joke and shows just how insidious marking really is and just how good apple are at it.
Alpha-Bromega
(11-28-2011, 11:32 AM)
damn, i was pretty cynical about movies as a lifeless scam and generally was wary, but now, wow...
cajunator
Banned
(11-28-2011, 11:34 AM)
I love Red Letter Media. Didn't realize GAF had an official thread for it.
KUDOS